Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    some jobs require doctor's notes too. i think it's so annoying to have to go to the doctor just for a note. also, i go sometimes to urgent care or the ER just to get a breathing treatment if my asthma is super bad. or cough syrup with codeine
    I went to the stupid clinic in the back of the walgreens because it would have been cheaper than urgent care. They told me it was $89, then I get there and they kept adding on extra charges for everything they did. $5 just to put the little pulse ox thingy on my finger... She offered a breathing treatment but I was worried what that would cost and just took an inhaler instead, which cost $50. My insurance starts today... YAY!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Because it's hard to tell a cold from bronchitis some times, and mainly because most people can't just lay around sick for a week or two without going broke or losing their jobs or whatever, despite the fact that forcing someone to show up sick is terrible for everyone involved.
    I'm not advocating laying around sick for a week or two, I don't think ANYONE can do that. If you're THAT SICK then obviously going to the doctor/hospital is probably a good idea. Just sayin' with a standard cold/flu the best thing to do is take a day or two off, go to bed early, and generally don't push yourself.

some jobs require doctor's notes too. i think it's so annoying to have to go to the doctor just for a note. also, i go sometimes to urgent care or the ER just to get a breathing treatment if my asthma is super bad. or cough syrup with codeine
    That is super annoying. I guess I'm really lucky, my boss just takes my word for it! Although I do think he thinks I'm faking sometimes, but he's never said anything, so tevs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I finally went to the doctor for my cough, I had bronchitis the whole time. So now I am on my 7th day of amoxacillin and I am no longer coughing (AWESOME), but my stomach is killing me, I want to vomit and I can actually feel my intestines. I am taking them with food, what else can I do to avoid feeling like this? I have another 4 days of this shit.

Do you take any pro-biotics?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Yes, I take a daily one. But it's the dry one which I have started to wonder if it's as effective as the more expensive ones that are kept in the fridge? I also eat yogurt everyday though.

I am not sure which ones are better... but my girl friend takes them daily and says they work well. I will text and ask her for you
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

You have to try and stagger the probiotics dose with the antibiotics. i.e. take the probiotics ~ 2 -3 hours after the antibiotics. If they are in your stomach at the same time, byebye good bacteria. Also, everytime you take an antibiotics pill, it will kill off all the good bacteria. So, take the probiotics multiple times a few hours after the antibiotics.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Bater View Post
    You have to try and stagger the probiotics dose with the antibiotics. i.e. take the probiotics ~ 2 -3 hours after the antibiotics. If they are in your stomach at the same time, byebye good bacteria. Also, everytime you take an antibiotics pill, it will kill off all the good bacteria. So, take the probiotics multiple times a few hours after the antibiotics.
    sound advice, darth bater.

also, drink milk, lay off the alcohol for awhile, and maybe try eating more "gentle" foods. kinda treat it like CVS. hope you are 100% soon, audra! you've got a prom coming up!

ps, i had a dream about your prom (i'm putting this here even though it's off topic, suck it). i ended up inviting my transgender friend. then we all went to a pep-rally and just like i did in high school, i snuck us all out to go to denny's.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Well no, I wasn't doing that.... Doctors and/or pharmacists should really tell you this stuff.

sound advice, darth bater.

also, drink milk, lay off the alcohol for awhile, and maybe try eating more "gentle" foods. kinda treat it like CVS. hope you are 100% soon, audra! you've got a prom coming up!

ps, i had a dream about your prom (i'm putting this here even though it's off topic, suck it). i ended up inviting my transgender friend. then we all went to a pep-rally and just like i did in high school, i snuck us all out to go to denny's.
    Strangly enough I felt fine on Friday and Sunday when I drank, lol. Yesterday and today I feel like someone is slicing my intestines open with a butter knife though. I am trying to tell myself that 7 days is plenty to be on the antibiotics, so I should quit early. I know that's a bad idea, but in other cases I only had to take them for 7 days, I don't understand why some doctors give a 7 day dose and others a 10 day dose.

I have been dreaming about prom too, but they are mostly bad. We need to have a committee meeting or something. I am worried about having a set plan... Or I could just take a xanax and relax. lol

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm down to be on your prom committee <3

also, do you drink milk? that may help coat and soothe your stomach.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I don't digest milk all that well anymore. I use to love the stuff, but as I get older it's one of the things I have had to give up. Maybe I will try some soy milk or something.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

When you're sick you are always going to feel good when you are drinking alcohol because you are dulling your senses, but at the same time you are dehydrating yourself and really only prolonging your bug's ability to have a stranglehold over you.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

My vision in my right eye is cloudy. It looks kinda like when a window is foggy, but not too bad. Black looks more like a grey. What's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Strangly enough I felt fine on Friday and Sunday when I drank, lol. Yesterday and today I feel like someone is slicing my intestines open with a butter knife though. I am trying to tell myself that 7 days is plenty to be on the antibiotics, so I should quit early. I know that's a bad idea, but in other cases I only had to take them for 7 days, I don't understand why some doctors give a 7 day dose and others a 10 day dose.
    Dosage of antibiotics can vary and depend on the underlying problem and its severity. It usually is a good idea to take the full course, the idea being that if all the bacteria infecting you aren't completely taken care of, you could potentially develop bacteria resistant to the antibiotic you are taking.

The other thing you should consider is that some medications can cause you to develop stomach ulcers (pain which is often relieved by eating) especially if you are taking a bunch of anti-inflammatory meds or aspirin. You may be describing gastrointestinal pain caused by cramping in your stomach/intestines, which can be a side effect of some antibiotics (erythromycin being the biggest culprit). With the cramping, the only way to stop it is to stop the medication and change to a different antibiotic.

Either way, hope you feel better.

Do you have any goopy stuff in your eye? It could be cunjuctivitis (sp) or pink eye. If you wake up tomorrow and your eye is glued shut that is probably it. If that's the case you will have to go to the doc and get eye drops. I have heard old people will wash thier eye out with cooled down manzanita or chamomille tea (I think that's it) but I usually just get the drops.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    My vision in my right eye is cloudy. It looks kinda like when a window is foggy, but not too bad. Black looks more like a grey. What's the deal?
    That doesn't sound like it's related to your visual acuity, and it being only one eye, you really should see an ophthalmologist and have your eye checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Did this thread die?

Barb, Kory, dekelou & co: For as long as I can remember, I have had this thing where the roof of my mouth will get sore when I'm chewing. It only happens during my first meal of the day, but it doesn't matter if that meal is cereal or a hotdog, and it doesn't matter if the first meal is at 7am right after I wake up, or 2pm after I have been awake for hours. What's up with that?

Sorry Courtney, I thought this thread died awhile ago.

You have muscles in the roof of your mouth and all the way back to the uvula. They are probably the culprit for your discomfort. Unless you have an actual ulcer or a dental condition, it's probably just muscular fatigue/pain.

I have to go take a tilt-table test after work today. Has anybody experienced one of these before?

I had a period of getting severe headaches once and they put me on a table that tilted to see if it releaved my headaches... I am not sure if that is the same thing. What's it for?

Fainting spells. They're strapping me to a bunch of machines and tilting me around to see if I pass out. Fucking awesome.

Sounds pleasant. Sorry, Gunz

I'm in the waiting room right now and I'm totally having an anxiety attack.

Yikes, fainting is the worst. I occasionally pass out, although since I learned to recognize the onset symptoms I can usually head it off now.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

How do you do that? It's a wave. Once it starts, I can't stop it.

First I get really hot, and then I start to get dizzy...if I can realize what's happening when I get hot, I just sit down (regardless of situation, because passing out is more embarrassing than randomly sitting down) and put my head between my knees. I just stay like that for as long as I need to, I can tell immediately when I start to get up whether it's a good idea or not. Last time this happened was at a Spiritualized show in Portland, everyone thought I was on every drug. It wasn't the best.

Yes, that's what the doctor told me. It's common sense. I just haven't had the awareness to feel it coming until it was too late. 3 times in the last month.

I've only fainted when I've been in the shower: once I was sick with fever in the shower, and the other time I was rolling in the shower. Scary both times.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Yeah. I've dealt with it since I was 9ish, so I'm pretty good at recognizing the symptoms.

This is an opportunity to get a boa constrictor as a service animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.