Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

There's a really, nasty flu virus going around on the West Coast of the USA, or so I was told. It lasts about a month. Plan on thick, yellow crap that you'll be constantly blowing out of your nose and coughing-up for about the first two weeks.
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Courtney, I have had to avoid this thread until more posts came up because that photo made me throw up in my mouth and now I have the option of not scrolling down. I hope you are getting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I'm taking Penicillin. But it's not for an STD.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Does swallowing a mint have any affect on your breath?
    Only if you burp.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

just really sick & tired of people saying I’m sick & tired of being sick & tired.

Dog's been throwing up last couple days. I guess fasting is a possible solution? Will bite the bullet and hit the Vet (she always tries to upsell me on everything though...egyptian).
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

so if a doctor finds something on your lung, what could it be besides cancer? (my lungs are fine). still waiting to find out what it is and i am going mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    so if a doctor finds something on your lung, what could it be besides cancer? (my lungs are fine). still waiting to find out what it is and i am going mad.
    It could be hundreds of things.

"Something" on your lung" is too vague.

On physical exam? On radiograph? On CT Scan?

A spot? A nodule? A density? A shadow?

I wouldn't worry.

But I would get a PPD tuberculosis test if I hadn't had one in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

well this is for my dad. he just found out he has kidney cancer. he was supposed to have surgery friday to remove the kidney, but now the doc wants to wait to see about the lung thing. he had a CT scan and unfortunately dad wasn't able to explain to me what they found. he is getting some other form of test. i am just trying to lessen my worry. i wish i had more info, but i was at work when he called.

So this was likely a staging CT scan to see if the kidney cancer has spread to other organs. This would change the treatment plan.

He will likely undergo a PET scan to see if this spot on his lung "lights-up" with metabolic activity. He even may end up getting a CT guided biopsy of this "lung thing."

I would not worry until all the data is in.

There are lots of things that show up on lung xrays/ct scans that are harmless.
    Last edited by santasutt; 03-26-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

let's hope for harmless then, thanks

My dad had a tumour on his kidney that was the size of a football, said it was stage 2 at least, and they took out his kidney and the tumour and it turned out there was no cancer and he was fine. Hold onto hope IVY!
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

i am glad your dad is OK!

well on top of the kidney cancer my dad also has seven legions in his lung requiring chemo for the cancer. will know more tomorrow about the plan and what they will tackle first.

i don't know much about chemo. what can i expect? i want to be prepared and strong when i see him.

Sorry.

Sounds like stage 4 disease which has the worse prognosis.

Listen to all the options and support whatever he wants to do. They are probably going to recommend chemo followed by surgery.

Ask a lot of questions about the agents they plan to use and expected side effects; some people tolerate these drugs poorly and make the decision to try non-traditional therapies.

Good luck.

Best of luck to you and your family Ivy!!

jesus. they haven't told him a stage yet. but stage four? that sounds awful. a team of doctors are meeting today to review his case. we should get more info today on the treatment plan. the only told me the preliminary results yesterday because my nutty aunt started telling the whole family and he was getting all these texts and he didn't want me to hear it from someone else. i just want to be with him right now. i wish they hadn't moved i wish i could ask questions and be there too. what are non-traditional therapy options?

Two weeks ago I had my teeth cleaned and that afternoon I had the worst stomach ache starting from the moment I left the dentist. Since, I've had the same feeling in my stomach almost every day. It feels like they dumped fluoride down my throat that ate away at part of my stomach lining. Is that possible?
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 06-19-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Holy shit, Playa. That sounds awful.

So, this is kinda embarrassing, but whatever. I won't have health insurance again until later this year - ah, work transitions. The last two weeks, I've been waking up multiple times - like 5 of 6 times a night - to spend a penny. I drink a good amount of water throughout the day - at least 8-10 glasses. But, i don't drink an excessive amount of water in the late evening before bed. I'm also not finding myself needing to urinate more frequently during the day when I'm awake, but when I hit the sack, it's pee city USA. I'm in my early 30s in good shape otherwise. Get plenty of exercise, eat relatively healthy, generally get 6-9 hours of sleep. So, basically I guess I'm asking, when will the prostate cancer kill me?

Do you have any reason to believe you might have sleep apnea?

http://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-dis...uria-and-sleep

also, why don't you go buy insurance for a few months on the exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Two weeks ago I had my teeth cleaned and that afternoon I had the worst stomach ache starting from the moment I left the dentist. Since, I've had the same feeling in my stomach almost every day. It feels like they dumped fluoride down my throat that ate away at part of my stomach lining. Is that possible?
    You would have noticed if they dumped fluoride down your throat, so no. And the amount you could have accidentally swallowed from a cleaning would be small and not enough, for most people, to cause problems.

Did they give you anesthesia of any kind? Were you anxious about going to the dentist or stressed out during or after your visit?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Pretty sure it's semen

Morning boardies. So my nephew's lung spontaneously collapsed on the weekend. He's very tall and skinny and apparently this can happen to young men of that stature. He had a tube in his chest to drain fluids and air and blood from his lung, and his lung has mostly reinflated so he can resume normal activities after a couple of days. But apparently it could happen again at any time. Anyone have any experience with this weird condition? It's called pneumothorax.

Aw jesus, that sounds horrible. Sorry, Marlo.

I recommend he take up smoking. He needs to toughen those lungs up.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Ha, the scary thing is that the doctor asked if he was a crack smoker. This shocked the crap out of him apparently. He doesn't smoke cigarettes but does like pot on occasion so this may scare him off that altogether. He is supposed to travel Saturday to come stay with me so I hope he's well enough to make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Morning boardies. So my nephew's lung spontaneously collapsed on the weekend. He's very tall and skinny and apparently this can happen to young men of that stature. He had a tube in his chest to drain fluids and air and blood from his lung, and his lung has mostly reinflated so he can resume normal activities after a couple of days. But apparently it could happen again at any time. Anyone have any experience with this weird condition? It's called pneumothorax.
    Pneumos aren't uncommon for kids with that kind of build. Yes they can happen at any time. Some are minor and can resolve themselves, while others can cause tension pneumos and have the potential to be life threatening. Coughing fits can cause them with his predisposition which is something to be leary about with his weed smoking.
    Last edited by Shaxspear; 07-05-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

you would know if there was mucus in your poop right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Ha, the scary thing is that the doctor asked if he was a crack smoker. This shocked the crap out of him apparently. He doesn't smoke cigarettes but does like pot on occasion so this may scare him off that altogether. He is supposed to travel Saturday to come stay with me so I hope he's well enough to make the trip.
    When I was 17, I had double pneumothorax (my right lung went first and then when I was in the hospital, the left one went.) The chest tubes and the surgery were painful (lots of rib spreading) but manageable. I believe in many cases, the holes, if small, will heal on their own. I had to have surgery but it was necessary because both my lungs went at the same time.

I am in my 40s now and the only drawback is that I cannot use compressed air to breathe (no scuba diving.)

I hope your nephew heals quickly.

Thanks.. He is doing far better but it gave him a good scare. He's soooo lean and lanky, I just hope he does what he has to for keeping this thing in check.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I had a friend who is also very skinny and like 6'7" that had his lung collapse at around the same age. it was super scary and we were all so confused. But 10+ years later he's very healthy and doing great.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Thanks.. He is doing far better but it gave him a good scare. He's soooo lean and lanky, I just hope he does what he has to for keeping this thing in check.
    When I was 17, I was 6'2" and 150 lbs. My nickname was "Broomstick."