Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

footixy presents Stay at Home Mom Medical Advice
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

"Avoid chemicals."
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

"You've got to get out those toxins."

He's making some chicken soup right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

"Flush out that scar tissue"
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

"The drug companies don't want you to know that magnesium is nature's antibiotic."

"Just sign up real quick on one of those exchanges and you should be good"
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I'm fine with my supplements, thanks. A fucking percocet to go with my morning glass of milk would make me feel a shit ton better.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Cosidos De Rez work better than chicken soups Tom

Fuck the stay at home mom tag, this is straight up abuelita advice

So after going Yesterday with no medication except NyQuil to sleep I woke up today feeling much better. I mean I still feel it the cold some but the worst is behind. Good call on not "masking" it and just drinking water and sleep. However I will say yesterday sucked major ball without any medicine. I guess it was worth it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

"Pray"
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    For the past week I've been dealing with heat rash and heat stroke symptoms when out in the sun. I haven't been out for very long since it first started, but within about 45 minutes I start to feel the effects. I could be in the shade when it's hot, or I could just be sitting there. Doesn't matter if I'm exerting myself or not. I've been trying to properly hydrate myself, but apparently failing, or maybe this is something else. This just started this year, last week. The temperature was about 97 and I broke out with all sorts of heat rash, face was swollen, neck, hands. I looked pretty rad. No, I didn't. Not sure if I should be concerned, or just drink even more water.

I have no idea how much water I'm drinking, but I just got a water bottle that is 25 ounces. I had two this morning before going out to mow the lawn. It's currently 70 degrees and windy. I was out for about 30-45 minutes when I started feeling the symptoms and the bumps. Am I dying? Am I allergic to the sun? No but really, WTF?!
    I think I need to go to the doctor.

I'd agree with that assessment.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

You know how parking lots have shrubs and bushes separating one side from the other and there are no breaks and you are supposed to walk ALL the way around to get to the other side? Well, yesterday I got frustrated and decided to just barrel through the bushes. As karma goes, I sort of tripped and sliced open my leg right above the knee. I probably should have gotten a couple of stitches, but I didn't. It's not that deep, but it's wide and I know it's going to scar. What should I do to avoid as much scarring as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You know how parking lots have shrubs and bushes separating one side from the other and there are no breaks and you are supposed to walk ALL the way around to get to the other side? Well, yesterday I got frustrated and decided to just barrel through the bushes. As karma goes, I sort of tripped and sliced open my leg right above the knee. I probably should have gotten a couple of stitches, but I didn't. It's not that deep, but it's wide and I know it's going to scar. What should I do to avoid as much scarring as possible?
    Polysporin and a crapload of Vitamin E.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

What's the difference between Polysporin and Neosporin? Would the Vitamin E go on after it's already started to close-up? And do you think I should use those butterfly strips?

What's the difference between Polysporin and Neosporin? Would the Vitamin E go on after it's already started to close-up? And do you think I should use those butterfly strips?
    If it's open and you need something to hold it together then I'd say yes to either medical tape or the butterfly strips, even skin glue but that may not work as well. I think Neo and Polysporin are the same - they help with healing and cutting back on the chance for infection/scarring. Then once it closes up, use vitamin E capsules and put the fluid from in the capsule directly on the cut.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

I have scratches from fingernails on my wrists (don't ask. I wish it was something kinky). Do I need Neosporin for that? My dermatologist mentioned it being worthless when I took my daughter there with a big infectious cyst on her leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I have scratches from fingernails on my wrists (don't ask. I wish it was something kinky). Do I need Neosporin for that? My dermatologist mentioned it being worthless when I took my daughter there with a big infectious cyst on her leg.
    Polysporin doesn't fix infection - just helps prevent it. But if you have some scratches that need help healing then I'd try it.

To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

I've had a cramp in my right arm all day.

I believe in medical conspiracies (not the ones in that article though), and I work in the field. If you don't think the Medical-Industrial complex is trying to suck every possible dime out of the US economy that it possibly can, you're not paying attention. Just look how pissed off doctors get at any whiff of suggestion that they be held accountable for how much money they get.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I believe flu shots are bunk.

I believe in medical conspiracies (not the ones in that article though), and I work in the field. If you don't think the Medical-Industrial complex is trying to suck every possible dime out of the US economy that it possibly can, you're not paying attention. Just look how pissed off doctors get at any whiff of suggestion that they be held accountable for how much money they get.
    I think that is a healthy skepticism about medicine, particularly as regards the American system. There's nothing anti-science, I think, about asking basic questions about medical necessity of various procedures recommended to you as a patient, or seeking further political reform of the industry. Conspiracy, perhaps, is the wrong word; it's more classic rent-seeking, collusion, and regulatory capture. What I find alarming is that people seem perfectly fine (or at least perfectly content to do nothing) about the above, while at the same time flipping out over the ACA, or inventing wild stories about vaccines or imagined government conspiracies to purposely infect citizens with disease.

I believe flu shots are bunk.
    The CDC:

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial among 4,561 healthy working adults aged 18–64 years assessed multiple endpoints (i.e., targeted outcome measures), including reductions in self-reported respiratory tract illness without laboratory confirmation, absenteeism, health care visits, use of antibiotics, and use of over-the-counter medications for illness symptoms during peak and total influenza outbreak periods (Nichol et al., 1999). The study was conducted during the 1997-1998 influenza season, when the influenza vaccine and circulating A (H3N2) viruses were poorly matched. Vaccination was associated with reductions in severe febrile illnesses of 19%, and febrile upper respiratory tract illnesses of 24%.
    Vaccination was also associated with fewer days of illness, fewer days of work lost, fewer days with health care provider visits, and reduced use of prescription antibiotics and over-the-counter medications. Among a subset of 3,637 healthy adults aged 18–49 years, LAIV recipients (n = 2,411) had 26% fewer febrile upper-respiratory illness episodes; 27% fewer lost work days as a result of febrile upper respiratory illness; and 18%–37% fewer days of health care provider visits caused by febrile illness, compared with placebo recipients (n = 1,226). Days of antibiotic use were reduced by 41%–45% in this age subset.
    A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled influenza virus challenge study among 92 healthy adults (LAIV, n = 29; placebo, n = 31; inactivated influenza vaccine, n = 32) aged 18–41 years assessed the efficacy of both LAIV and inactivated vaccine (Treanor et al., 1999). The overall efficacy of LAIV and inactivated influenza vaccine in preventing laboratory-documented influenza from all three influenza strains combined was 85% and 71%, respectively. These results were obtained after study participants, all of whom were susceptible to recently circulating influenza viruses before vaccination, were experimentally exposed to viruses. The difference in efficacy between the two vaccines was not statistically significant.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

The best solution to avoid scarring is proper alignment of cut skin edges, whether it be butterfly/steri strips/glue or most accurately with suturing. Neosporin and polysporin are essentially the same and help keep the wound moist to allow for better healing and to reduce bacterial contamination.

Real scientific studies (not being sarcastic) don't show additive benefit of vitamin E for long term scarring. You best bet is some sort of steroid- most commonly injection into the scar or a topical cream. But the biggest factor in scarring besides wound alignment is tension. High tension areas (yes, the knees are one of them) tend to have more intense scarring than other parts of the body.

Hope you heal up quickly.

This just came out of my throat after gargling with salt water:

I also have a headache and a sore throat and it feels like I have a massive layer of phlegm lining the back of my throat. I had a stuffed up nose starting about two days ago, up until this morning, but not anymore. Am I dying? Or alternately, if I'm not dying, is this more likely to be allergies (everything started blooming in Seattle this week), or a common cold?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

if someone has a kidney removed and then only has one kidney, how does this restrict their diet? (my kidneys are fine, this is about someone else)
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

They would most certainly have to be extremely careful about salt intake.

EDIT: Actually, the National Kidney Foundation says there might be no dietary restrictions.

https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/onekidney.cfm
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

thanks, i need to do more research, just have a busy day today.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Does swallowing a mint have any affect on your breath?