Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Seriously. For like three years now every fucking April Steve's all, "Hey man, see you at Coachella, I'll give you some dilaudid," and then GUESS WHAT? HE'S BUSY.

Orange County bullshit.
    Well, this year maybe you can come back to where I am and find me. "If you want it, here it is, come and get it..."

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

he shares if you reaaaaaaaally need it
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Yeah wtf Audra that's horrible. Get a different doctor.
    I have an appointment with a new doctor on Friday. I really need to get a full checkup so I am hoping this new doctor will be decent so I can schedule that. I just want to make sure I like the person prior to letting them become my full time doctor.

That's because amoxicillan is pussy shit.
    I agree, in fact I was kind of surprised to be prescribed that. I haven't taken that since I was pregnant. I thought it was only prescribed to pregnant people and kids since it isn't quite as strong or something. After my experience with that doctor I am assuming she did it on purpose so I would have to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Audra, have you ever tried a neti pot? I'm totally in love with mine, and they only cost around $12 so it's not a very big investment even if it doesn't end up being something you find helpful. But for me personally, I find it to be tremendously effective in keeping my sinus passages clean and happy.
    I am going to have to look into this. You are the 3rd or 4th person to recommend it. I almost drowned as a kid on 3 occasions, so when water goes up my nose I tend to freak out a bit. But I am so sick of having this stuffed nose that I will try damn near anything. I miss tasting food.

I found a new doc, I really like her. She gave me a full examination, gave me a breathing treatment, zpac, steroids and a chest xray. She listened to me explain my symptoms, didn't talk to me like I was an idiot, the office was very clean, the xray tech was right across the office complex and she sent my prescriptions directly to the pharmacy while I sat there, so they were ready before I even got there. I am already feeling better just from the steroid breathing treatment, a little jittery but at least I can breath. I am hoping by Monday I will be back to normal.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Where's that asshole who said antibiotics can't fix sinusitis? I will bet you fifty dollars that Loca is better within four days now that she has a Zpak.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Actually the zpac is for the bronchitis I still have, thanks to my last doc giving me crappy ass amoxacillan. I am hoping it will help the sinuses too though. She also recommended over the counter saline nose spray for the sinuses.

And I'm the asshole that said steroids and saline nasal spray. Although, I'd recommend the nasal wash over the spray, much more effective. Keep the spray with you to use while out and about. Also great to use at Coachella to help avoid the Coachella flu.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.

The Zpak will cure your sinusitis. WANG HAS SPOKEN.

But you should get a neti pot too.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Where's that asshole who said antibiotics can't fix sinusitis? I will bet you fifty dollars that Loca is better within four days now that she has a Zpak.
    Sinusitis CAN be from a bacterial infection but it is far more common that it is viral. And my impression is that doctors rarely investigate at all and give out antibiotics, just in case. And, really, that means that if it was bacterial the antibiotics will cure it and if it's viral it'll work itself out around the time you're finishing with the antibiotics anyway.

Also I regularly use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse and it is great. I credit rinsing my sinuses at night with getting me through the last two Coachellas without getting sick.

Cross-post:

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Also great to use at Coachella to help avoid the Coachella flu.
    High five.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Preach.

My doc gave me a box of the Neilmed Sinus Rinse kits, so I have about 40 of them in my closet. Maybe I should pass hem out at the fest this year. I'll post about it in the "be the change..." thread.

I say we use Audra as a test case. If her sinuses get better in four days i win, deal?

haha, I will take 2!

I am pretty convinced that what I have is not a virus, it may have started out that way but it worked it's way into an infection. I initially got sick the first week of January, I have spent over $300 on doctor visits, prescriptions and OTC meds. Had it been a virus I wouldn't have been sick for over 2 months.
    Last edited by locachica73; 03-15-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

FYI "infection" refers to both viruses and bacteria. And it is super possible to get a cold or whatever, and then while your immune system is trying to deal with that, bacteria can overgrow and colonize. I typically get both types of infections simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Preach.

My doc gave me a box of the Neilmed Sinus Rinse kits, so I have about 40 of them in my closet. Maybe I should pass hem out at the fest this year. I'll post about it in the "be the change..." thread.
    Sinus rinse kits?
    What ever happened to just picking your nose?

Look, you dickhead scientists can talk about viruses and bacteria all you want. If you have an ENT anything, a Zpak will fix that shit in four days. It's a fucking fact.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

The only reason you might think a Zpak would fix a viral infection is because typically your body overcomes viral infections in the same time-frame. That doesn't mean the Zpak did anything.

Although I agree that, for bacterial infections, Zpak is the best shit and pretty much fixes you right up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I'm not even sure I believe that ENT infections are ever viral. I think it's bullshit doctors claim to be unhelpful assholes.

Loca will be the proof that I--as always--am incredibly right and that science is a bunch of hogwash.

Well I am only 3 days in to my 5 day pack and I feel so much fucking better. I can actually breath through my nose and I am not coughing up green shit. My throat is still a bit sore but I have faith by my last dose I will feel normal again. I want to go buy my new doc a fruit basket.

It's good to hear that you're feeling better!

Just to clarify its not that amoxicillin is "weaker" than azithromycin (ZPak) - they have slightly different ways of killing bacteria and therefore act on different bacterial infections. For example ZPak is probably better for ENT and amoxicillin for lung infections (a generalisation I know but you get the point).

Best wishes from a UK Doc.

I'm sure everyone in this thread will be thrilled to hear about zithromax and potentially lethal heart arrhythmias that's been in the news lately.

Seriously. For like three years now every fucking April Steve's all, "Hey man, see you at Coachella, I'll give you some dilaudid," and then GUESS WHAT? HE'S BUSY.

Orange County bullshit.
    This year will be my 9th coachella and I have yet to meet Steve. I think maybe he's someone's practical joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I was watching a documentary last night on John of God, a spiritual healer from Brazil. He stuck forceps up people's noses and pulled out chunks of mucus and fluid. Maybe some of you should take a trip down there. He also liked to scrape people's eyeballs or slice open their chest and stick his finger in the open wound. People seemed to love it.

I have a small pinch wound (blood blister?) on the underside of my ring finger that wont heal. It's been there since the end of December. WTF doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

NO thanks, I will take modern medicine with a side of heart arythmia over scraped eyeballs. My ex use to pin me down and lick my eyeball and that was horrible enough.

You attract very strange men, Audra.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP NOW, SCIENCE? I'M SORRY, WHAT DOESN'T IT CURE?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You attract very strange men, Audra.
    I know, I am hoping the zpack will cure that as well.

Lick your eyeballs?! Yes, very strange men indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    I have a small pinch wound (blood blister?) on the underside of my ring finger that wont heal. It's been there since the end of December. WTF doctor?
    Look up 'Pyogenic granuloma'. That's probably what you have. Common after pinching injuries. And will bleed like stink when you mess with them. Only definitive cure is to have someone cut the whole thing out. Don't bother with freezing it or cauterizing it cuz it won't work.

Licking eyeballs...ewww chien andalusia

... Or poke it with a pin.