Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Have you changed any of your medications?

Just a side note - my brother is a doctor (a GP) and we happened to be standing right there when that kid fell from the bamboo sculpture. I saw the kid fall out of the corner of my eye because I had turned away and didn't want to witness the stupidity. I immediately turned to my brother to see if he was going to intervene. He was already there by the crowd but just watched. He saw that the guy was talking and conscious and didn't feel it was necessary to involve himself. I thought that was interesting.

Anyway . . . I hope you feel better real soon, Ivy.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

not recently. only changes were the z-pack and the steroids, but i started puking before then. i've only thrown up twice tonight which is a little better. thankfully i can control it, but i have to leave meetings or puke outside my car which is embarrassing.

i also have the humidifier running in my bedroom so it will be nice and humid when i go to bed. i miss my old humidifier that literally left water droplets on everything it was so awesome. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Stomach flu is the worst.

i even got the flu shot!

ugh, i'm back at it. i'm also on pyridium, which means everything i puke is orange; even if it's just water.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Alright Barb, I got one for you.

I have had a half-a-golf-ball sized (it fluctuates in size depending on a couple of factors) lump in the fleshy part of my ass. It feels a lot like when you get a pimple deep underneath the surface of the skin that becomes a large, painful bump with no whitehead in sight and no way to pop it no matter how much you grab the big ol' mass of whatever the fuck it is and squeeze until your eyes water only to get a trickle of blood which takes a couple gross weeks to stop being a pimple and then heal the wound.

Problem is this thing has consistently been in the same place in my ass for... oh, about a year, maybe two. Sometimes it swells up larger and becomes actively sensitive and painful again but mostly it's just this quarter-sized lump in my butt that I don't notice much. The swelling/pain seems to be brought on or exacerbated by some of the same factors as body acne which makes me want to keep believing that's all it is but after a year I'm thinking I really need to go to a doctor. The factors I'm referring to as causes of the swelling are stuff like I noticed that if I fail to shower for more than a day it usually gets angry, and since I drive a tremendous amount for my job if I don't remember to take my wallet out of my back pocket (I keep it on the same side as the lump and the way I sit on it makes the location of the lump a pinch point between the car seat and the wallet, my squishy ass lump falling in the crevice between) it makes its presence known.

Cyst? Ass cancer? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

For the past week I've been dealing with heat rash and heat stroke symptoms when out in the sun. I haven't been out for very long since it first started, but within about 45 minutes I start to feel the effects. I could be in the shade when it's hot, or I could just be sitting there. Doesn't matter if I'm exerting myself or not. I've been trying to properly hydrate myself, but apparently failing, or maybe this is something else. This just started this year, last week. The temperature was about 97 and I broke out with all sorts of heat rash, face was swollen, neck, hands. I looked pretty rad. No, I didn't. Not sure if I should be concerned, or just drink even more water.

I have no idea how much water I'm drinking, but I just got a water bottle that is 25 ounces. I had two this morning before going out to mow the lawn. It's currently 70 degrees and windy. I was out for about 30-45 minutes when I started feeling the symptoms and the bumps. Am I dying? Am I allergic to the sun? No but really, WTF?!

Did this thread die?

Barb, Kory, dekelou & co: For as long as I can remember, I have had this thing where the roof of my mouth will get sore when I'm chewing. It only happens during my first meal of the day, but it doesn't matter if that meal is cereal or a hotdog, and it doesn't matter if the first meal is at 7am right after I wake up, or 2pm after I have been awake for hours. What's up with that?

Why do you chew with the roof of your mouth?

A person can get sores on the roof of mouth due to these possible causes.
    •Smoking is a common cause of sores on the palate.
    •A person can develop these sores due to palatal cancer.
    •Low levels of folate and B 12 vitamin can lead to these sores.
    •Drinking or eating something hot can give a person ulcers.
    •Pizza burn is a common occurrence, which gives burns on the roof of the mouth.
    •Viral or bacterial infection can cause sore on the mouth roof.
    •Sharp or broken tooth can also lead to soreness on the roof of the mouth.
    •Hormonal changes and stress are another factor which lead to palatal sores.
    •Low immunity causes mouth sores many times.
    •Habit of tobacco chewing is another common cause of mouth sores.

Indeed, a sensitive area. The clit of the mouth.

So it's pretty commonly known that cranberry juice is supposed to help with bladder infections. Question: Does it really matter if it's unsweetened or not?

You need the purest form of cranberry juice, like 100%, the awful tasting stuff. The sugary nonsense doesn't really do that much.

Reference: Several girlfriends (UTIs etc) and also cleaning own system for felony drug testing

If you don't want to drink the pure juice you can buy cranberry pills in the vitamin section that are very potent and also help.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Fuck it, I'm just taking my antibiotics. I can't handle anymore cranberry anything.

Not even vodka cran?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I had the flu about a month ago, I went to the doctor and they told me it was viral and they couldn't do anything for me. I still have a pretty severe cough and rattle when I breath. I have an inhaler and have been using that hoping it would help but it hasn't. I don't want to go back to the doctor if they are just going to tell me it's normal and send me away with a $180 bill again, but I don't want to keep coughing either. Should I be worried and go back to the doc, or is there some over the counter meds or home remedies I can try? This shit is fucking old.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

that sounds like the same flu I got in november. the chest congestion seemed to last a month after. then it just sort of stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I had the flu about a month ago, I went to the doctor and they told me it was viral and they couldn't do anything for me. I still have a pretty severe cough and rattle when I breath. I have an inhaler and have been using that hoping it would help but it hasn't. I don't want to go back to the doctor if they are just going to tell me it's normal and send me away with a $180 bill again, but I don't want to keep coughing either. Should I be worried and go back to the doc, or is there some over the counter meds or home remedies I can try? This shit is fucking old.
    If your cough has a rattle maybe you should try an expectorant to loosen up any phlegm you have in your chest, if you can start coughing stuff up maybe that will help you get better? Maybe try Robitussin DM? It's the one my mom swears by. I think Buckley's has an expectorant version too.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

OK Tom, I am hoping this will fall off soon. It's fucking with my sleep too which makes it even worse.

I will try an expectorant. I stopped taking cold meds because I am not really sick, just have the cough, maybe I stopped too soon.

STOP SMOKING

love you <3

lol, I have had probably 4 whole cigarettes in the last month. I have to stop drinking to quit smoking completely. I know, it's a filthy puking habit.

<3

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

This is why I will never understand why people go to the doctor when they have a cold or the flu (barring massive and lasting fever, of course). The best thing you can do is just sleep a lot, drink a lot of water, and suck it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

For the record I'm STILL coughing shit out of my lungs from last November. So. It can take a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    This is why I will never understand why people go to the doctor when they have a cold or the flu (barring massive and lasting fever, of course). The best thing you can do is just sleep a lot, drink a lot of water, and suck it up.
    I was having an asthma attack on top of the flu, which is the only reason I went. My inhaler had long ago expired. Then the asthma attack was freaking me out to the point of having a panic attack on top of it. Normally I don't go to the doctor, I just overdose on nyquil till it passes.

My hubby always says the best way to treat a cold is with contempt.

I had a really bad flu at the start of the new year. I have asthma too, I used musinex as an expectorant along with my inhaler and I have pretty much recovered completely. Hope you kick this thing!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Because it's hard to tell a cold from bronchitis some times, and mainly because most people can't just lay around sick for a week or two without going broke or losing their jobs or whatever, despite the fact that forcing someone to show up sick is terrible for everyone involved.

I'd be willing to saw off a pinky with no anesthesia in exchange for never getting sick again in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to give that a shot.

(the musinex and inhaler, not cutting off my pinky)
    Last edited by locachica73; 02-01-2013 at 07:48 AM.

some jobs require doctor's notes too. i think it's so annoying to have to go to the doctor just for a note. also, i go sometimes to urgent care or the ER just to get a breathing treatment if my asthma is super bad. or cough syrup with codeine

Feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    some jobs require doctor's notes too. i think it's so annoying to have to go to the doctor just for a note. also, i go sometimes to urgent care or the ER just to get a breathing treatment if my asthma is super bad. or cough syrup with codeine
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Whenever I get a chest cold I have to get a breathing treatment... the cough goes away a few days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.