Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: White Wonderland NYE 2012

Default Re: White Wonderland NYE 2012

35 minutes out of LA is a nicer way of saying 45 minutes without getting called on saying it was 30 and that being completely bs.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    35 minutes out of LA is a nicer way of saying 45 minutes without getting called on saying it was 30 and that being completely bs.
    guess so. pasquelle doesn't want to lie to everyone now.

From the Flavorus website:

Giant’s “Big Time” NYE Event has merged with Insomniac’s “White Wonderland” event, which will be held at another location in Southern California with Benny Benassi, Dada Life and additional talent… stay tuned for the official announcement.

!!!

hopefully it will stay +19

Quote Originally Posted by pezGato View Post
    hopefully it will stay +19
    It's 21 + but they are offering refunds.

Giant’s “Big Time” NYE Event has merged with Insomniac’s “White Wonderland” event, which will be held at another location in Southern California with Benny Benassi, Dada Life and additional talent… stay tuned for the official announcement.

All VIP Tickets purchased for “Big Time at The Shrine” will be honored at “White Wonderland.” Refunds will be offered to those who choose not to attend “White Wonderland.” VIP Ticketholders will be contacted directly this week with your options.

All “General Admission” Tickets purchased for “Big Time at The Shrine” will be honored at “White Wonderland” only for those ticket holders that are 21 or older. Refunds will be offered to those who choose not to attend “White Wonderland” or are not 21 or older. General Admission Ticketholders will be contacted directly this week with your options.

Giant will be co-promoting “White Wonderland,” a 21+ NYE Celebration, and we look forward to an amazing night with an even bigger production and expanded talent offering for everyone to enjoy on New Year’s Eve!

Stay tuned to www.giantclub.com, www.whitewonderland.com and facebook.com/giantclub and facebook.com/whitewonderlandnye this week for full event details and ticketing information.

http://fla.vor.us/1108543-BIG-TIME--...r-31-2011.html

Insomniac seems to be taking over west coast EDM, guess HARD NYE is a no go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Insomniac seems to be taking over west coast EDM, guess HARD NYE is a no go?
    guess not. i was hoping they were going to do an event. i like who they book.

Benny Benassi and Dada Life..... YAAAWWWWWWNNNN. Hopefully they get far better talent than that for the rest of the lineup.

Edit: So now Kaskade is the headliner and it’s taking place in Anaheim. It happening in Anaheim would be a big plus for me since I live in OC, if it’s a one stage event it’s been nothing but shitty news. So far no good on this event, so much potential and so much fail as of right now.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 11-29-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Benny Benassi and Dada Life..... YAAAWWWWWWNNNN. Hopefully they get far better talent than that for the rest of the lineup.

Edit: So now Kaskade is the headliner and it’s taking place in Anaheim. It happening in Anaheim would be a big plus for me since I live in OC, if it’s a one stage event it’s been nothing but shitty news. So far no good on this event, so much potential and so much fail as of right now.
    yeah the lineup so far is kinda lame, but i live in OC too so it would be cool to go. where did you find out that it will happen in anaheim?

I guess I missed something, but where did you see that Kaskade was headlining? I'm actually kind of happy about this, it means I don't have to sell my ticket to LED NYE after all haha.

Edit: Kaskade is set to play in Vegas on New Years...I understand that artists can make the trip from Cali to Vegas easily, but how is he going to headline White Wonderland AND play at the club he's had a residency out all year? You'd think the set times would be around the same time right?
    Last edited by Zero23; 11-29-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    I guess I missed something, but where did you see that Kaskade was headlining? I'm actually kind of happy about this, it means I don't have to sell my ticket to LED NYE after all haha.

Edit: Kaskade is set to play in Vegas on New Years...I understand that artists can make the trip from Cali to Vegas easily, but how is he going to headline White Wonderland AND play at the club he's had a residency out all year? You'd think the set times would be around the same time right?
    It's all word of mouth from someone I do trust, so if you want to write it off feel free but I believe it.

I could see Afrojack as a possibility, since he is an insomniac favorite and not having anything scheduled for new years. Either way its a pretty big bore fest

It's all word of mouth from someone I do trust, so if you want to write it off feel free but I believe it.
    Gotcha, has this source been pretty accurate in the past?

Most likely going to be at the Grove then.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

destructo said a while back the reason for no hard NYE is because of the hard cruise thing

Damn the grove is just so, mehh.

Quote Originally Posted by OnRepeating View Post
    Most likely going to be at the Grove then.
    They are having another party:

http://www.citynationalgroveofanahei...ls.asp?id=2218

Geez, how many of these djs are going to be traveling place to place that night?
    It isn't at the Anaheim Convention center due to a boxing match, and the Honda Center has a hockey game that night. I'm pretty stumped where it would be if it was in Anaheim. Possibly Long Beach convention center?

Well hmm..... I guess all thats left would be Angel Stadium? Angel Stadium parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpie View Post
    They are having another party:

http://www.citynationalgroveofanahei...ls.asp?id=2218

Geez, how many of these djs are going to be traveling place to place that night?
    It isn't at the Anaheim Convention center due to a boxing match, and the Honda Center has a hockey game that night. I'm pretty stumped where it would be if it was in Anaheim. Possibly Long Beach convention center?
    Too large in my opinion. It's probably going to be a small venue since it's 21+ and such short notice.
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

Lol maybe Shark Club? pretty stumped on this one boys idk

I was joking about Shark Club btw..

Maybe the Galaxy theater? They do not have anything listed, but that place is not very big, nor very crackin

Lol maybe Shark Club? pretty stumped on this one boys idk
    O god please be Shark Club, that way I can just ditch any reoccurring thought I have about going to this

or could it be ........ Pico Rivera Sports Arena?!

Honestly at this point the Galaxy is making the most sense, but it is definitely not 35 minutes from LA.. maybe in PLUR~ time but not real time.

Most logical venue I can think of that's left open on NYE, unless I'm unaware of one, is the Palladium but that would go against what Pasquale said with it being 35 min away from DTLA.
    2013 Wishlist:

or could it be ........ Pico Rivera Sports Arena?!

Honestly at this point the Galaxy is making the most sense, but it is definitely not 35 minutes from LA.. maybe in PLUR~ time but not real time.
    That venue is shit, literally. I highly doubt it haha.
    2013 Wishlist:

Yeah I am really stumped. Leave it to Insomniac to wait to the last minute to announce anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpie View Post
    Yeah I am really stumped. Leave it to Insomniac to wait to the last minute to announce anything important.
    No surprise there.
    2013 Wishlist:

I like when Distorted Jungle comes in the place and calls that shit out on its bootyness. Shit's booty son. Fuck kiddie headliners.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.