Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smog 5 Year Anniversary

Default Smog 5 Year Anniversary

Tickets: http://fla.vor.us/wafform.aspx?_act=...ew&_pky=108320

Skream's headlining... Sure not missing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

Default Re: Smog 5 Year Anniversary

I will be there. Really stoked on this one.

edit: Is this going until 2 or 3 you think? And special guest is pretty much gonna be 12th planet I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    I will be there. Really stoked on this one.

edit: Is this going until 2 or 3 you think? And special guest is pretty much gonna be 12th planet I would think.
    See you there? And probably 2.
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

2 will be chillin. And yeah definitely. When was the last time Skream did a solo set in LA?

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Skeet Skeet, Pablo and Skream?! I want to go but when does it end?

EDIT: Oh duh all I have to do is read above me
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

2 will be chillin. And yeah definitely. When was the last time Skream did a solo set in LA?
    I think back in 09. I've been waiting for a solo set by Skream forever now. Glad I got to see Benga do one back in July.
    2013 Wishlist:

Well there went my plans for Friday... Can't miss this.
    September 20: Fleetmac Wood @ Los Globos
    September 23: Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    September 27: Merchandise @ Echoplex
    October 17: Massive Attack / TV on the Radio @ SB Bowl
    October 21: Metronomy @ The Regent
    November 13: Run the Jewels @ The Echo
    November 18: Real Estate @ The Belasco

Quote Originally Posted by OnRepeating View Post
    I think back in 09. I've been waiting for a solo set by Skream forever now. Glad I got to see Benga do one back in July.
    Yeah Benga was nice at Audio!! This show was kinda eerie for me in a sense, I had been discussing with my buddy Skream and also Benga's touring habits here and we were wondering why Skream hadn't done a solo show in awhile, and why MM hadn't been back at all.

And then there it was, Skream. I got my ticket last day they were at the early bird $15 price.. ahhh the simple joys in life that I appreciate the most.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Even tho it's been said in the thread Drew from Smog told me it will be 7PM-2AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

excellent.. was a tad bit concerned when it was only listed as starting at 7 with no end time. Didn't want something sheisty like ending at 12 and I am not familiar with the venue for an event like this so I wasn't sure.

If any of you guys need a ticket I have some presales for $20+3 in fees. I live in Fullerton so you could come pick up before hand if thats convenient, or if I still have em day of I could meet you at the venue. I spotted 2 friends and figured a lot of my friends would wanna go last minute but it seems not. I've offered some irl friends so just gonna do first come first serve.Unfortunately due to being the subject of some lame board member activity on tickets in the past I vowed to never again make ticket agreements, only for people to back out day of leaving me up shit creek. Let me know though!

Gross, so many better events on the 26th.
    But I guess this is perfect for the 18 year olds, they love their brostep.

lol@ 12th planet documentary screening.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

the documentary is actually going to be pretty fucking awesome. definitely try to get there for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    You obviously don't know dubstep then if you think Skream is brostep.
    2013 Wishlist:

and when you were 18 you were attending the most exclusive house/minimal events or what? gtfo out dude your the biggest fuckin troll around here, and in this case you couldn't be further off from calling Skream bro-step.

and when you were 18 you were attending the most exclusive house/minimal events or what? gtfo out dude your the biggest fuckin troll around here, and in this case you couldn't be further off from calling Skream bro-step.
    I may be a troll, but I still don't listen to Doctor P, do you have ears?? lulz

I may be a troll, but I still don't listen to Doctor P, do you have ears?? lulz
    Stop trying so hard to be an elitist. It isn't really working for you.
    2013 Wishlist:

yea seriously. skream is the man, style has changed but i still love him. doctor p < skream.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 303dubbin View Post
    yea seriously. skream is the man, style has changed but i still love him. doctor p < skream.
    I noticed he started to change after he released his "Outside the Box" album. Like when I saw him and Benga at EDC in Vegas, I noticed they were starting to spin a lot of brostep. :/
    2013 Wishlist:

yea man i was at edc in vegas too.. it was a pretty varied set, played a few shitty bro bangers but it wasn't too awful. i don't really talk shit on him cuz he always produces different things. waiting for anticipate to die down then he said he is gonna produce some darkness.

yea man i was at edc in vegas too.. it was a pretty varied set, played a few shitty bro bangers but it wasn't too awful. i don't really talk shit on him cuz he always produces different things. waiting for anticipate to die down then he said he is gonna produce some darkness.
    And Profuse too haha. Have you listened to his G Funk clip he posted last week?

http://soundcloud.com/skreamizm/clip-demo-chitral
    2013 Wishlist:

yea i have. cant wait for the full tune

O M G i totally love dubstep. C U guise there in the mosh pit!!!!

lol jk. stoked on this party. Smog sunday last week was redonk. this will be my decompression
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    Nobody rolls at Coachella. There are cops everywhere, handing out pupil checks left and right. Plus there is no one in Southern California that has access to those type of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I jus wan ever'one to kno I visit raves AND undergrounds. Pretty much on the reg, but sometimes I'm like nah not tonite and they say I feel ya but why the hate? and i say well fools, are you bringin real music time? Cus I like it fresh and I wan' it fresh.

Skream is fucking awful, omg 90's rave stabs matched up with breaks so good!!! Get some taste please.

Skream is fucking awful, omg 90's rave stabs matched up with breaks so good!!! Get some taste please.
    Such a try hard haha.
    2013 Wishlist:

What are these events on the 26th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

ha you one of those bitter house elitist fucks who thinks that nothing else is good? everyone has their own taste douche.

The show isn't in LA so the answer will still be 2009.

This whole "let's do this show in OC cuz it's the same market" vibe sucks. The OC dubstep scene is a bro-fest (hell, the OC "insert music niche here" scene is a bro-fest period) full of the prototypical suburban brostep dorks that have given the genre a horrid national perception. The 18+ tag only makes it worse.

I hate going to see an artist I really like and knowing the crowd has the potential to dull the show.

ha you one of those bitter house elitist fucks who thinks that nothing else is good? everyone has their own taste douche.
    Nah I like a lot of bass music, and dub techno. But the monster that dubstep has become under the influence of suburban american kids?? awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    The show isn't in LA so the answer will still be 2009.

This whole "let's do this show in OC cuz it's the same market" vibe sucks. The OC dubstep scene is a bro-fest (hell, the OC "insert music niche here" scene is a bro-fest period) full of the prototypical suburban brostep dorks that have given the genre a horrid national perception. The 18+ tag only makes it worse.

I hate going to see an artist I really like and knowing the crowd has the potential to dull the show.
    wow, sorry I should have said southern California I guess.