Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnaroo 2012

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Bonnaroo 2012

They should keep them to Sunday only. Would be nice to end the fest with a 4 hour set from them. Beats WSP playing again
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Again?
    Oh jeez if this actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    I had fun this year, but the magic appears to be gone.
    Gotta love these posts.

The "magic" was in your head all along. It is what you make of it. Last year was my third year in a row, and it honestly gets better each year IMO, even when the lineup doesn't stack up.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

First Roo Clue

"Good or evil? Canton-bound. Ascension linked to versions of the Sabbath. "

Answer: Mogwai
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

God dammit. I was trying to totally abandon bonnaroo this year. Right off the bat, they're making it difficult. Mogwai latenight would be A #1.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    First Roo Clue

"Good or evil? Canton-bound. Ascension linked to versions of the Sabbath. "

Answer: Mogwai
    That was quick. The people on the inforoo board usually scramble over a couple of days till a decided answered is chosen
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

they've finally found wikipedia
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

That's a friggin nice score for the Roo. Hopefully that means they will be touring America again this summer.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    That's a friggin nice score for the Roo. Hopefully that means they will be touring America again this summer.
    well last fall they were going to tour but couldn't work it out with visas? so I think they will be. I hope Coachella scored them too.

Here’s some food for thought:

The Rolling Stones
    Let’s start by aiming high. The biggest, bangin’-est and oldest band in rock celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. Founding bassist Bill Wyman has reportedly rejoined the band after a now quarter-century-long, self-imposed, uh, exile. And Charlie Watts recently told The BBC that he thinks it would be “lovely” to do some shows in 2012. Do you think Charlie has ever even heard of Bonnaroo before? I doubt it. Still, jurassic jokes aside, I think the Stones’ stadium-sized rock ’n’ roll circus spectacular of rehashed hits, fireworks and backup singers would rule the 'Roo. I mean, not as hard as Springsteen did, but at least as hard as Stevie Wonder did.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
    Speaking of Springsteen, The Boss and his loyal E Street backers are set to mourn the passing of Clarence Clemons with a 2012 tour. Perhaps they’ll make a grand return to Tennessee in an effort to reclaim the What Stage. Sure, they did that as recently as 2009 and it’s unlikely (i.e., total wishful thinking on my part), but a European tour itinerary does have the band headlining a handful of summer festivals, in addition to having a couple key days off in early June, so who knows?

Paul McCartney
    Macca has headlined (duh) Glastonbury and Coachella. I’d say a Bonnaroo appearance is inevitable if the festival can afford him. (Hint: they can.) And since, among music fans, The Beatles catalog that dominates his set list is about the most universally loved catalyst of joy and enlightenment this side of marijuana, let’s hope that 2012 is Bonnaroo's year to let it be a main-stage soundtrack.

Prince
    OK, this one pops up every year, and it’s no wonder why: Prince is destined to not only play Bonnaroo, but to deliver the single greatest performance the festival has ever seen and will ever see. Even festival-goers who’ve killed off their last remaining brain cell know that a Prince appearance in Manchester is a no-brainer. But when? It would truly be a tragedy for the What Stage to go another year without a purple makeover. I defy you to disagree with me.

Radiohead
    People still won’t shut the fuck up about how epic Radiohead’s 2006 headlining appearance was. I’d say that’s a mandate to bring the band back for an encore performance. To-Yo & Co. kick off their 2012 world tour in Miami, Fla., at the end of next month and, at press time, their itinerary has the month of June wide open. Ice age cuh-min’, ice age cuh-min’.

Coldplay
    I suppose Coldplay at Bonnaroo is bound to happen eventually. There are worse things that could happen. Coldplay is actually awesome live. But if they end up on the bill in a year when Radiohead might, but doesn’t, I’ll cut someone. Especially because, just like each of their previous outings, Coldplay’s 2012 tour will feature the band playing Radiohead’s The Bends in its entirety, every night.

Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg
    With the exception of the infamous 2008 Kanye hiccup, hip-hop acts have gone over almost as well as jam bands do at Bonnaroo. Jay-Z, Eminem and Big Boi all killed it at the festival in the last couple years. And Lil Wayne wasn’t anything close to the disaster nay-sayers were anticipating it would be. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg — the goddamn Simon and Garfunkel of gangsta rap — are playing Coachella, which means they might play other big-money, high-profile festivals. And, like the dankest chronic, Snoop and Dre would be perfect — I repeat, PERFECT — for Bonnaroo.

Drake
    Come on, would it really surprise you?

Madonna
    This year Her Madgesty is slated to sacrifice herself on the American-as-apple-pie alter that is the nation’s favorite annual telecast and train wreck: The Super Bowl Halftime Show. She’s also plotting a massive world tour that I’m guessing will probably resemble a traveling, stadium-sized version of Cirque du Soleil set to the sounds of songs from the singer’s forthcoming album and reworked, barely recognizable versions of her ’80s and ’90s classics. I suppose that could compliment a Bonnaroo appearance from my old bro Ellis D. Trails. Also, maybe Madonna has gotten good enough at guitar to participate in this year’s Super Jam?

Lady Gaga
    And speaking of Madonna … Lady Gaga is a rumored 2012 'Rooer. And that’s a good thing, because she’d totally kill it.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers
    RHCP at Bonnaroo? Meh.

Black Sabbath
    Despite reality television exposing Ozzy Osbourne as perhaps the most non-threatening, doddering ol’ lovable Prince of Darkness the world has ever seen, the haunting tones of a once-again-reunited Black Sabbath might prove a tad too frightening for festival goers trying to synthetically master their own reality. But I doubt it would be any scarier than Eminem’s hours-long main-stage mean-mugging from last year. In related news — and bad news at that — it came out Monday that Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with lymphoma. According to the Los Angeles Times, the diagnosis reportedly forced the band to pull out of Coachella right before the festival announced its lineup. However, the reunited Sabbath's previously announced appearances — which include stops at Download and other European festivals — are still on. I wonder how that all bodes for Bonnaroo?

Phish
    Of course. Let’s just hope that if it happens, they stick to making only one appearance this year … but let’s also just hope that it doesn’t happen.

Dave Matthews Band
    I suppose Bonnaroo always has to have some kind of Sunday night closing headliner for the hacky sack crowd. I’ll be gone by then, so Dave, The Dead, The 'Spread, Phish, Further, Vampire Weekend — same diff.

Billy Joel
    Yeah, I know. “What!?” A friend texted me yesterday to ask if I’d heard anything about a Bonnaroo appearance from The Piano Man. I haven’t. And I fully hope I don't hear mention, or especially confirmation, of one again. I just can’t picture BJ at Bonnaroo going over well at all. I mean, can you picture hearing “Allentown” or “We Didn’t Start the Fire” or, God forbid, “Captain Jack” while peaking? It would be a crime against humanity.

Eagles
    There’s apparently some chatter on Inforoo of an Eagles appearance, and I don’t mean Eagles of Death Metal. I wouldn't joke about this. So ... Eagles? At Bonnaroo? Umm, no.

Fleet Foxes
    While the fresh-faced Eagles of Indie Rock have Tweeted that they won’t make festival appearances this summer, I could see them making an exception for Bonnaroo. Their debut at the festival is long overdue. It would totally be this year’s Mumford and Sons moment, but less annoying, not to mention better.

Sinead O’Conner
    The volatile Holy Priestess of Irish Indignation is attempting a comeback tour this year. How do you think that would go over at Bonnaroo?

The Black Keys
    If this happened it would make for the band’s third year in a row at The ‘Roo, which I think makes the prospect rather unlikely. Although the duo has been on an accelerated upward trajectory over that time — they just put out their biggest record, are appearing at Coachella for the second year in a row, are about as ready-made for festivals as a pair of flip-flops and currently have no Nashville date slated on their 2012 itinerary of arena dates. So I wouldn’t roole them out completely.

The Beach Boys
    Not to go all classic-rock curmudgeon on y’all, but shouldn’t they have just called the recent Beach Boys 50th anniversary reunion tour the Doddering Brian Wilson Appears With Mike Love’s State Fair Spectacular Instead of Spectacular Backing Band Tour? If this happens, I’m gonna go into it expecting the worst but with hopes of walking away pleasantly surprised, and I suggest you do the same. Great Stage Park is not a recording studio.

Marilyn Manson
    This would have to take place in a tent, right? It could be the Gwar-at-Bonnaroo moment of 2012, or at the very least the Musical Morbid Curiosity Moment of Bonnaroo 2012. Shit, I’d probably watch it. Would you?

Die Antwoord
    Everyone’s favorite dildo-wielding, grotesque-by-design South African hip-hop export has a new album and world tour on the horizon, and bringing them to Bonnaroo makes as much sense as bringing ibuprofen to Bonnaroo. Fingers. Fucking. Crossed.

Neil Diamond
    Hey, the invincible Neil Diamond is set to tour stateside this year and, let’s face it, the legendary jazz singer could come to Manchester and rule the 'Roo harder than Daryl Hall. Let’s hope this happens. It would be awesome.

Kate Bush
    Hey, Kate Bush is in the throes of a full-on comeback. It could happen. And if fucking should happen.

The Foo Fighters
    They’ve never played Bonnaroo. And the fact that they still haven’t means they definitely might, right? Do you care?

Thomas Dolby
    Yup, Thomas Dolby — perhaps the MTV era’s most prestigious one-hit wonder — is about to release an album, and tour the world in a self-made, interactive traveling time capsule. We all know the sun can be blinding at Bonnaroo. So why not the science, too?

So, who am I forgetting? The Who perhaps? Roger Waters and Van Halen have Nashville dates booked, so I’m not including them. Loutallica? Even at Bonnaroo that bullshit wouldn’t fly ... I don't think. Then, of course, there is the usual cast of Pitchfork-tipped potential-tent players like Girls, Gang Gang Dance, James Blake, Bon Iver, Atlas Sound, tUnE-yArDs, Toro Y Moi, St. Vincent, Wild Flag — each is a definite possibility. Same goes for any electronic, dubstep and DJ artists you see on the Coachella poster.

Stay tuned for more roomers, educated predictions and (eventually) a bona fide Bonnaroo 2012 lineup.

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

My vote is for the following:
    Bon Iver
    Fleet Foxes
    Neil Diamond
    Black Sabbath
    Prince
    James Blake
    Chemical Brothers
    The Cure
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Shut it down.

One of the headiners is either Radiohead or RHCP. Insider whom leaks the headliners on inforoo every year stopped by and we had a list with RH,RHCP,Foo Fighters,and the Beach Boys on it. She said one of those four will be there. Then days later came back and told us the headliner started with a "R".

I've already started talking to my girlfriend about attending the festival this year, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    I've already started talking to my girlfriend about attending the festival this year, just in case.
    Yeah, the wife and I have started talking about returning to the farm, especially since we are skipping out on Chella. Many good times in Manchester.

Nice write up Spooks. I hope you are right about the Rolling Stones. Radiohead would be amazing too. RHCP not so much.

The stones are putting together a tour. i know for a fact that it till happen. no idea if they will play roo tho

doesn't make any sense financially for them to do a one off festival, no way the payday is anywhere near equal. and with festivals selling out so easily no reason for a promoter to drop the cash to book 'em.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i'm kinda sad i have to miss it this year.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    doesn't make any sense financially for them to do a one off festival, no way the payday is anywhere near equal. and with festivals selling out so easily no reason for a promoter to drop the cash to book 'em.
    I wouldn't see them doing a one-off, but if they were doing a tour and Bonnaroo fits in their tour schedule, it could make sense. Just like the Police when they were touring. And they would get some "youth cred" for playing Bonnaroo. Maybe they take a little paycut or just take the same money that Bruce or the Police took.

I know they are planning on doing a tour in 2012. They were supposed to get together during December to figure it out. It was rumored that they might not do a huge 50-city tour, but could just do multiple nights in New York and multiple nights in LA. If they did something like that, fitting Roo in the middle of it would make sense.

yeah it will be more of a big city tour i think. stops in NY LA London Hong Kong....

1 of 5 names can get me on the farm this year. Only because I feel like I will never get a chance to see them if I don't soon

Rolling Stones
    Prince
    Paul Mc
    Daft Punk
    Outkast
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Holy shit, your sig.

The lawlzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Holy shit, your sig.

The lawlzzzzz
    Couldnt pass it up

Who was he addressing?

You can click the little arrow next to supres name in the quote and it will take you to the original post.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Yeah, Gribbz, you LAZY FUCK.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

TEVS, Why don't you and Kreutz listen to some Death Grips?

whatever the shit that is LOL comma EXCLAMATION POINT

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Oh Coachella message board, you are the wind beneath my wings.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

It's looking like the three headliners will be: Radiohead/Red Hot Chili Peppers/Phish

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    It's looking like the three headliners will be: Radiohead/Red Hot Chili Peppers/Phish
    Well at least Radiohead would be good