Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roskilde 2012 Thread

Default Re: Roskilde 2012 Thread

It was Refused, Warbringer and Cerebro Balzzy or something like that.

Sorry The name is Cerebral Ballzy, sorry if I offended any fans out there

I would imagine that Refused will have a high billing at this fest given they're a Scandinavian act? Given how high they're placed on Coachella's poster, I'm going to guess they are a subheadliner at Roskilde.

That is a good guess, but honestly i didn´t know about them before now.

Today we got some world music to the poster, Terakaft and boubacar Traore, the first act is compared to Tinariwen and they had like the best concert of Roskilde 2010 so there are something to look forward to.

Bat for Lashes? She's never played but has just announced Rock Werchter the weekend before.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

That would be nice and i have hoped for her/them to come.

Btw. Ministry have sort of confirmed themselves so now we only need a confirmation from Roskilde.

Today we got the first acts for the new Apollo stage, Shlohmo, Martyn and The Toddla T Sound.

120 days added to the lineup today. Anyone know if they're any good?

The concert back in 2007 was highly praised and with new songs and more performing routine it will most likely be better.

They played Coachella in 2008. I didn't end up getting to see them, but there are YouTube videos from their performance. I had listened to them a bit before that Coachella and liked their recorded stuff.

Mew to play Roskilde 2012
    The exclusive concert with the Nordic favourites is announced along with Mutiny On The Bounty and Ter Haar.
    We proudly present a much welcome Roskilde reunion. An audience favourite plays an exclusive show – one of very few in 2012 – for its Scandinavian fans.

MEW (DK) has developed a unique sound where Jonas Bjerre's choirboy vocals are the human anchor point in a tornado of sophisticated, dreamy, often hard-hitting rock. Amidst these rugged sounds the band has even written some catchy-as-ever choruses that make pop fans cherish this band. Mew is in the studio these days, so maybe we will even be treated with tunes from an upcoming album.

A statement from Mew's HQ says:

"Having sailed the seven seas, Silas, Jonas and Bo are back in the circle, busy building new floors and sections of the castle that Mew inhabits. Airy halls of light and wind, amber-coloured wood radiating from the bottom up, these rooms are future rooms for us all. This is celebrated with few concerts over the summer and autumn."

Two equally challenging, European bands added to the lineup
    Along with the Danish favourites we add two European bands who like Mew have a penchant for complexity and edge.

MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (LUX) plays progressive, hard-hitting and technical rock. This music out of Luxembourg is not just well-executed and with more ideas in one song than many bands use on an entire album. It is also brutally beautiful, melodic guitar rock that will appeal to everyone who digs music with both balls and brain.

TER HAAR (DE) started out as an instrumental band, which you feel in the musicality and attention to detail in all of the trio’s songs – even after guitarist Philipp Koller has started singing. The ambition is edgy, complex post-rock that makes you want to dance rather than count time signatures. Don't miss this band if you've enjoyed Battles' angular rhythm.

The following bands were announced last week:

•THE BEARDY DURFS (DK)
    •DEATHCRUSH (N)
    •DIG & MIG (DK)
    •HELSINKI POETRY (DK)
    •ICONA POP (S)
    •LINKOBAN (DK)
    •NELSON CAN (DK)
    •MATHILDE SAVERY (DK)
    •ULIGE NUMRE (DK)

I suppose they are waiting for the final announcement in April before revealing some of the bigger name acts? There hasn't been a significant name released since the Refused announcement all the way back on Feb.1st. Maybe Mew are big in DK but I must admit ignorance about them...

I´m guessing that you are right about this one but with around 200 names in total they need to announce much more bands soon because normally there are around 70-80 bands in the big announcement and 10-20 more after that.

Now there are 39 names on the poster so unless they are revealing more names on the poster day than usual then they have to announce aprox 60 bands in 7 weeks time.

If you want to listen to Mew then try to listen to the songs Am i Wry? No, Comforting Sounds (long Version), Snow Brigade, Introducing Palace Players, Sometimes live isn´t easy, Repeaterbeater, Apocalypso and The Zookeepers boy.

And i was right about more announcement dates than the usual Wednesdays because today Behemoth was revealed.

New teaser is out

By the looks of it it seems to be...
    Malcolm McCormick aka Mac Miller
    Rakim Mayers aka A$AP Rocky
    Dominique Clark aka Dominique Young Unique

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Bat for Lashes? She's never played but has just announced Rock Werchter the weekend before.
    I guessed wrong. She's playing Northside Festival.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Yes and ministry is at Nibe Festival and not Roskilde as the rumour said and also The Cardigans is performing in Tivoli but I´m surely going to see them anyway but i hoped for Roskilde.

The guesses was right, some nice artists for the hip hop crowd.

I really really wanna go this year but can't find a friend interested, so I'm considering venturing solo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

We can hook up during the festival so you won't feel like your all alone :-) but Roskilde is a perfect place to visit by yourself because people are so friendly and open minded so you will not have a problem finding someone to join.

There is a camp called Strangers With Candy than consists of people who to start with was strangers and still today welcomes people who are coming on their own.

Today Crowbar, Red Fang, Baroness, weedeater and Hank 3 was added.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I really really wanna go this year but can't find a friend interested, so I'm considering venturing solo
    Remember how easy it was to get there though?! You can do it all via public transit, and I'm sure some of those Danish boys will take you in...

hahaha of course I remember how easy it all is! I would just like to have a partner in crime but I know that shouldnt stop me, especially if I go on the roskilde boards and find a camp to take me in
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Some more nordic talents was announced yesterday.

Nordic music added to Roskilde 2012 lineup
    Dead Skeletons, Sivert Høyem, Niki & The Dove and Of The Wand And The Moon add Nordic darkness and magic to the lineup.
    Nordic artists are a central part of Roskilde Festival. Today we present a motley bunch of some of today's most powerful names from the far north.

DEAD SKELETONS (ISL) is like straying into a maelstrom of roaring, echoing guitars, staring skeleton heads, Buddhist trance and cosmic rock'n'roll. "He who fears death cannot enjoy life," is the basic philosophy of psychedelic, death-embracing trance rock band.

SIVERT HØYEM (N) was originally the lead singer in Norwegian band Madrugada, and he continues on his own creating grandiose Scandinavian rock full of inner drama. On the fourth album, Long Slow Distance, he has found inspiration in surprising places (Høyem mentions German kraut rock and French pop as some of them), and the synthesizer often knocks on the door in Høyem’s stormy songs in minor.

NIKI & THE DOVE (S) have already made ​​a big impression outside of Scandinavia with their opulent synth pop. Malin Dahlström’s vocals with the thick Swedish accent are cold and chic, and Gustaf Karlöf’s swarming arrangements are both compact, sophisticated and the perfect backdrop for the duo's melodic songs.

OF THE WAND AND THE MOON (DK) is one of the most prominent bands of the darkened, cultural-pessimistic dark folk genre. The Lone Descent from 2011 frames the mood of an occult mass deep inside a North European forest lit up by torches. But according to the musical mastermind, inspiration is also found in 60s icons such as Lee Hazlewood and Serge Gainsbourg when writing this gloomy doom music.

Fuck my asshole! Now I find this after arranging my trip to Primavera. I woud love to see Hank 3 and BARONESS! DAMN DAMN DAMN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo-anders View Post
    Today Crowbar, Red Fang, Baroness, weedeater and Hank 3 was added.
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Oh silly, hank 3 and Baroness tour all the time! Go see Baroness with meshuggah and Decapitated in may, that's going to be one hell of a show. NO REGRETS we're going to have sooooo much fun.

Not that Roskilde doesn't also sound awesome...
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

According to Alison Krauss herself she will perform at Roskilde this year. :-)

http://alisonkrauss.com/events

^ That's a nice addition.

Official lineup announcement has been announced by festival organizers as being April 19. Can't wait! Jack White is the name I'm hoping for the most.