Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roskilde 2012 Thread

Default Re: Roskilde 2012 Thread

I think that Jack White is a done deal, he has a gig in Hamburg a few days before roskilde and a few gigs in Japan later in the month so there is plenty of time in the tour plan and he is in the neighbourhood at the time.

The rumours are flying around at the moment, the danish tabloid paper Ekstra Bladet has "several" sources telling them that Jack White is coming to this years festival but that was a no brainer anyway.

I need to ditch my tickets to Roskilde (going to Primavera instead for my Europe trip). If anyone's interested shoot me a PM; I'll dump them at cost when I got them back in November.

What a shame

The last couple of weeks it has been a little bit quiet with new names for this years festival but the full line up for the 2 upcoming stages Pavilion Jr. and Apollo Countdown has been released.

Apollo Countdown

•ADRIAN LUX (S)
    •BEASTIE RESPOND (DK)
    •COPENHEAVY (DK)
    •ELOQ (DK)
    •F.O.O.L. (S)
    •THE FREDERIK (DK)
    •FRITJOF & PIKANEN (S)
    •GHOSTIGITAL (ISL)
    •KESI (DK)
    •KHALAZER (DK)
    •SANDRA KOLSTAD (N)
    •KÚRA (ISL/DK)
    •MASH UP INTERNATIONAL (S)
    •NORTHERN STRUCTURES (DK)
    •SLENG (DK)
    •SPRUTBASS (N)
    •JULIUS SYLVEST (DK)
    •SOFFIE VIEMOSE (DK)
    •VAAGSBYGD HANDY (N)
    •WAR FOR YOUTH (DK/S)

The last names for Pavilion Jr. except for one vacant spot.

•BÄDDAT FÖR TRUBBEL (S)
    •CEREKLOTH (DK)
    •DANGERS OF THE SEA (DK)
    •THE ECHO VAMPER (DK)
    •FRENCH FILMS (FIN)
    •GIRLSEEKER (DK)
    •GOVERNOR OF ALASKA (DK)
    •INDIANS (DK)
    •DAWDA JOBARTEH (GAM)
    •KLUMBEN & RASKE PENGE (DK)
    •RUM 37 (DK)
    •SHINY DARKLY (DK)
    •SLOWOLF (DK)
    •TEAM ME (N)

One of the 3 artist that they announce tomorrow sure looks like Paul Kalkbrenner judging by the drawing they put on Facebook.

Oh, is that who that was supposed to be? It looked like Moby.... lol.

It sure did but Roskilde stated that it was not Moby.

it was Ruben Blades, Lee Ranaldo (from Sonic Youth) and Paul Kalkbrenner that was announced today and this is probably the last band announcement before the big release next Thursday with around 80 bands and revealing of the poster.

Bongo who do you think the 4th and final headliner to be announced will be. Any rumblings or rumours in the Danish press? Hoping for Pearl Jam (the dates would make sense) but I feel it might be someone smaller.

I'm almost expecting a more heavy band to fill that spot as none of the 3 headliners so far fit that bill and Roskilde does like to bring the heaviness. Linkin Park? System of a Down? I'd be okay with Tool though.

The rumour says Machine Head, Franz Ferdinand and Manu Chao as the last headliners, the question is if Jack White will headline or not.

Rihanna is also mentioned sometimes but I think that it is not so likely and so is Pearl Jam because of the accident in 2000 when 9 people died under a Pearl Jam concert, Vedder says that they would never play at Roskilde again.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 04-12-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Legendary danish hip hop act Malk De koijn is announced today.

Already now the rumours are floating around before tomorrows big release and the first in are The Vaccines and Janelle Monae.

I am at work tomorrow evening so I can't make a update like last year but I will try to sneak out and update you if I can get hold on the info, all the other years the official website has crashed but I know a blogger who will attend the press conference.

Btw the press conference starts at 04:00 pm central European time and there is supposed to be a live broadcast but lets wait and see if the webpage can keep open this year.

The website has been down for the past 30 minutes. I'm not finding any news or press articles online so I'm assuming the lineup is not announced quite yet.

Probably within the next hour?

So far we got Machine Head, Alison Krauss, Jack White, The Vaccines, Paper Blood.

Sorry it was Tiger Blood and also Evidence is added.

I'm curious to see if Jack White will headline or if they will pull someone bigger for that last open headliner slot.

I've just found a Danish article that lists The Shins and The Cult as playing

Last edited by calnick0; 04-19-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    The dance tent for adults.

The local acts are big by Nordic standards and seeing Amsterdance Feat. Joris Voorn and Modeselector on the programme is very good for me.

I'm fooling around it was Jesse Voorn and not Joris Voorn.

How hard is it to go to Roskilde if you don't want to camp? Do people commute from Copenhagen each day?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

This sounds like my perfect festival. Bjork in Denmark - doesn't get any better.

The train takes around 25-30 minutes from Copenhagen Central Station and there is also several directly busses from the eastern gate to the City Hall Square in Copenhagen.

btw. there are missing 15 names on the poster and the rumor says that 1 headliner and 2-3 subliners are among the last 15 and Kiss and Franz Ferdinand are among the names that are mentioned together with Florence & The Machine but they usually don´t reveal the first couple of names before the middle of May.

Tom, you could probably find a hotel/hostel in the city of Roskilde if you book far enough in advance. I imagine they would be quite spendy though
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 04-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

They are probably sold out now so a hotel or hostel in Copenhagen is the only option if you don't want to sleep at the festival, we don't got hotels, resorts and holiday homes located around the festival site like in Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo-anders View Post
    The train takes around 25-30 minutes from Copenhagen Central Station and there is also several directly busses from the eastern gate to the City Hall Square in Copenhagen.

btw. there are missing 15 names on the poster and the rumor says that 1 headliner and 2-3 subliners are among the last 15 and Kiss and Franz Ferdinand are among the names that are mentioned together with Florence & The Machine but they usually don´t reveal the first couple of names before the middle of May.
    All 3 of these acts seem likely. Would it be fair to add Avicii and Swedish House Mafia to the speculation? I feel like the Saturday night is missing an electronic/dancy kind of act to close the night. Pretty Lights and Modeselektor don't appear to be billed high enough to fill that slot.

Avicii is playing in Copenhagen the 4th of may at the 10.000 capacity Forum and Skrillex the day after so I think that you can rule them out.

Paul Kalkbrenner will probably be at the Arena stage so if they want to have an Electronic headliner I hope they will do it Friday night because the Amsterdance event will take over the Apollo stage Saturday night and two similar acts at one time seems stupid.

The Björk concert is still on.

I´m going solo in this thread but the funny guys from Improv Everywhere is doing some kind of happening during the warm up days, the news are a little bit old but here it goes.

Look forward to our best display of art ever
    This year’s festival features a number of art events that involve you in new thought-provoking ways. Get a glimpse of what to look forward to.
    This year Roskilde Festival’s ‘More Than Music' content is more ambitious than ever before. This means international art that involves you and wants you to participate. Roskilde Festival is not a white museum. Here you can play, if you dare to join in.

Today we reveal a few of the international treats that you can experience this summer.

The Danish premiere: Improv Everywhere
    Charlie Todd, the man behind the phenomenon Improv Everywhere creates mega events involving up to 20,000 people that manages to engage people in a humorous and provocative way. Maybe you've heard about 'No Pants Subway Ride'? – if you haven’t, check out the video at the bottom of the page.

This summer you can - among other things - look forward to a huge party including a string quartet and tuxedo and prom dresses at the swimming lake when this American performance artist ad is crew comes to Roskilde.

The sign-maker: Steve Powers
    He transforms dead, sad neighbourhoods into poetic street corners with his ‘Love Letters for You’. 50s-kitschy signs and letters are Steve Powers’ characteristics. This international artist also has the prestigious job of painting the grandstand wall by Orange Stage.

The intimate provocateur: Einat Amir
    Imagine going into a soundproof box where you meet someone you don’t know. Speakers tell you what to do and in four minutes you’ll get to know another person. Together with Lilith Performance Studio in Malmö, the acclaimed Israeli artist shares her magnificent performance ‘Enough About Me’ with us. In an age where we constantly expose ourselves, it’s Einat Amirs wish that we ask: How well do we really know the person next to us?

The city art craftsmen: RAUMLABOR
    The Berlin-based urban activists have created an installation at Roskilde Road Trip in Berlin, which with is interactive facade with street art and poster collages comments critically on the urban space and capitalistic companies.

It might be difficult to imagine how it will all go down at the festival – but you can definitely look forward to be challenged at this year’s festival. Well, if you really dare to join in.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 05-16-2012 at 01:08 PM.