Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roskilde 2012 Thread

Default Re: Roskilde 2012 Thread

A new stage for electronic music called Apollo will debute this year, it is the same size as Odeon with room for 5.000 people and it will be located next to the skate park in Camping west.

Because of this location it will also be in use for the 4 warm up days in a smaller (and moveable) set up and feature up and coming electronic artist's aswell.

That's a nice addition!
    I don't think I'll be able to make it back this year because I don't have very much vacation time unaccounted for...

Thats the nice thing about living in Denmark, we have 5 weeks of vacation and 5 days off every year. ;-)

Nothing big has happened during the closure of this website, only some danish upcoming bands has been released and I Got You On Tape, a pretty big danish indie band has been released.

Bongo, when do you think the trickle of line-up announcements become more frequent? I know it's still 7 months away but the dearth of announcements is concerning.

Usually it starts up here in the end of January but in the recent years they have started to announce bands in December but im guessing that we will see some names being released tomorrow or on Friday.

I should get an award teaser for tomorrow

Tomorrow: Get ready for thumping music almost without a voice and pluckings from the land of cotton.

Im guessing brostep from America..... Skrillex or Bassnectar perhaps, but it could be 2 artist.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 01-17-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Im guessing The Offspring, Refused and At The Drive In.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

There could be 3 bands in the riddle but "Get ready for thumping music almost without a voice" look like one clue but we will see.

I just got an e-mail about entrances. Any recommendations for which one I should be booking? I plan on going all week, including the pre-festival partying.
    2012: Coachella Weekend Two & Roskilde

The Cure, Araabmuzik and Cold Specks are just added.

Regarding the entrance booking i would say that the camping areas are more wild closer the the actual festival site, When im not at the Get A Tent area i stayed at P and there you can still get a good party going and still not living in trash.

Camping west is more like P so there you can take any camping site but remember the new apollo stage that will be located in C next to the skate park.
    The stage will move around in Camping west in the warm up days but only plays to around midnight.

See the entrances here
    http://roskilde-festival.dk/fileadmi...booking-dk.pdf

Entrance booking is valid from saturday 18:00 (6 pm) to Sunday 08:00 (8 am) so if you are arriving after that time its just free for all.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 01-18-2012 at 07:02 AM.

The Cure and Bjork.... damn you, Roskilde.

I think we camped in either P or N.... mostly because we arrived late (Wednesday) and the closer campgrounds were already full. Those campgrounds were not wild at all, and were a lot more similar to Coachella camping in terms of noise level / partying level. The ones that were closer..... Some of the camps already looked completely destroyed by Wednesday (before the festival had even properly started!) and by Monday it looked like a tornado had hit all of the campgrounds.

What do you guys say to this one

"When we say legendary, you think stadium act. Think out of the box" - and check back tomorrow to see what we actually think.

So Bjork and The Cure.... Sorry ATP London, I am going to be forced to go to Denmark this year. I havent had the pleasure of seeing either of this acts and they are at the top of my list. Plus I get an extra month or 2 to save more money. I NEED TO GO TO THIS!
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo-anders View Post
    This is now Bosskilde Festival.
    I fucking love you Bongo! Just saying Bosskilde out loud has made my day. Where do you live?
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo-anders View Post
    "When we say legendary, you think stadium act. Think out of the box" - and check back tomorrow to see what we actually think.
    too easy:
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Oh man... we would have a ridiculous time at this festival.

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    too easy:
    That was my first thought too, but I suspect we're the only two people who would come to that conclusion. I'd put on one of their albums and went off to look at their tour schedule (non-existent) before realizing it's probably just John Legend or some crap.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    That was my first thought too, but I suspect we're the only two people who would come to that conclusion.
    that would be such a great show though. also, there is a serious possibility that I might be able to make Roskilde this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Consider it Heidi. I'm pretty sure Salah and I will be in attendence.

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    that would be such a great show though. also, there is a serious possibility that I might be able to make Roskilde this year.
    The first time I saw them is one of my best and most vivid concert experiences ever. They put on an incredible show.

While I know it's really tempting to do the Bjork residencies, I think seeing her at Roskilde would be an amazing experience crowd-wise. For all the heavy partying that goes on at Roskilde, the crowd is so respectful when it comes to the artists and performances. Imagine not being surrounded by people talking to their friends or playing on their phones during her whole set.

During Prince, the only crowd noises around us were: 1) people crying/whimpering; 2) people singing along.

Quote Originally Posted by sbconnection View Post
    Consider it Heidi. I'm pretty sure Salah and I will be in attendence.
    I know! we've talked about it a little. I was planning on going to a different European festival, and can't do both, so decisions have to be made... I'm waiting for more lineup info on both.

Roskilde is the best rock oriented festival I've been to though! The camping was awesome, it was very easy to travel to, the festival venue set up was good (except for one - Cosmopol? I think, was a clusterfuck). You'll love the pit system. The scheduling always seems to work out really well, too, even the years when the lineup hasn't been that appealing to me, when I look at the set times, I realize there would have always been something I wanted to see.

@ sbconnection

Im just a local living around 20 miles from Roskilde in a town called Kge.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?q=k%C3%B8...%B8ge&t=h&z=12

The reason for me looking at these boards is that Coachella is the ONE festival i want to visit and after looking around in the old forum i found a Roskilde thread and then i have been here since. :-)

We screwed up and didn't manage to meet Bongo in 2010. Next time...

Sunni - I already have June 30 - July 9 on my vacation calendar at work, just in case. Since we get July 4th off, *if* I go to Roskilde this year, I'd probably take that week off and go the weekend before - set up camp on the weekend probably, then stay in Copenhagen for a few days. You can "commute" back and forth to the campgrounds easily by train, and there are some concerts by lesser known groups during the days leading up to the real festival. So I'd come and party at the campgrounds but probably go back to Copenhagen to sleep in a real bed.

It was The Roots and swedish pop singer Jonathan Johansson.

With the new Apollo Stage the total amount of bands attending rises from aprox 170 bands/artist to a total of around 200.

I think you'd really enjoy it! The Danes are a pretty easy going bunch, it's still on my mind but I'm going to have to pick between this and Sonar.

Roskilde will release something heavy tomorrow but are they talking about the band or the genre i dont have a clue about, Machine Head or At The Drive In could also be a possibility if it is the genre.

I had a dream last night that they released a clue about the Stone Roses. So disappointing to wake up to find it wasn't so. :/

I can see why you are disappointed :-)