Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Being a Vampire fucking sucks. Drinking a little, so scratch the names; I'm in the magic college place and just finished talking to the three part named orc dude when my Vampirism shows its ugly head. I start running and the Anacon dude or whatever his name is is standing there so i'm forced to talk to him. meanwhile, the orc fellow is hacking at me from behind and I die. So i had to jam out of there and go feed on Agnis. Dumb old broad just sits around and lets me feed on here when she's sleeping. I'm thankful though, cause Falion isn't giving any fucking quest options. Fuck Vampires.
    To open quest-related dialog with him, you have to be told that he is into vampires. Go to any inn in any city and talk to the person behind the counter. Ask them if they have heard any rumors lately and if you keep asking they will eventually mention him. Then you can go back and talk to him to begin the quest. Fuck vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

FUCKIN' EH!! Thank you man. I keep having to go back and feed on that old bag, Agnis, in the middle of quests. At least she's just there for the taking.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I joined the stormcloaks. It's basically the same. A bunch of battles at various forts, only you keep fighting until you reach Stormwind.
    For The Horde!

That he is "into vampires"? That feels a little creepy. I don't think I've run into a vampire yet.

So if I told Lydia to stay somewhere and she gets tired of waiting and leaves, does that mean she's gone for good? Will I find her wandering around somewhere? I only ask because my homeless ass has been using her as a pack mule and she has a lot of my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    So if I told Lydia to stay somewhere and she gets tired of waiting and leaves, does that mean she's gone for good? Will I find her wandering around somewhere? I only ask because my homeless ass has been using her as a pack mule and she has a lot of my stuff.
    Join the club. I have no idea where she is and she has a bunch of my stuff. hahaha.

Yeah if she hasnt returned to the hall where you first meet her, I have no clue where she would be.
    last.fm

For info on stuff in general you can always check the wiki as well.
    last.fm

Yea, I have always been able to find her at the hall. However, keep in mind that if you have loaded her down with your stuff... I have noticed she cannot run, so I am pretty sure the no-fast-travel-when-overloaded rule applies to her. She's always way behind me. I need to buy that damn house or just dump all those dragon scales and junk.

I started to just dump the scales and bones. Figure I'm gonna be killing more of them soon enough anyway. I got a bunch of BS potions I don't use either. I just seem to carry them around. Fun.

I started to get into enchanting, and it's totally awesome. I'm going to start spending perks in that. I made some stuff that increases my bow damage, so now my archery should be even more devastating. I had been concerned recently about having weak equipment. I just use scale armor, forsworn antlers, and an elven bow that used to have lightning damage. I haven't really looked into smithing or crafting or any of that. But I had found a ring some time ago that increased my bow damage by 20%, so I destroyed it to learn the enchantment. My character will be so awesome when I've mastered enchanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yep. Enchanting is where it's at. I can't stress enough though how much more you can increase your armor rating and weapon damage with smithing. I have glass armor that is all upgraded to legendary. My armor regenerates my health 30% faster and, my gauntlets improve my bow 20%, my boots resist fire damage and my cowl adds another 35% to my bow damage. I have an enchanted ring and/or necklace for pretty much everything too (increasing lockpicking, pickpocketing, resisting frost, resisting shock, and most importantly a ring and necklace that increases my carrying capacity). I love this fucking game.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Always less than 30 seconds load time for me. Are you on a console?
    PS3. just counted the seconds right now. 33 seconds to fast travel. 22 seconds when i opened the door to get into the dark brotherhood sanctuary.
    outrageous. i understand just how massive the game is but...fuck

I just spent the better part of an hour (and a half!?) fighting two freaking dragons simultaneously on a cliff over Dragontooth Crater through the wee hours of the morning with Kesh the Clean. Is that normal?

Who the fuck writes this shit?

Also, my dog seems to have run off from home after I distinctly told him to stay -- fucking pooch.

One of the guys from the Legion was in Whiterun, where the jarl is. I had finished the Imperial Legion story line, and while I was putting stuff in my house, I decided to drop by the jarl's mage and borrow his enchanting altar. Where the tables of food are, this Legion guy - who was a prime character, not just a common soldier - drew his sword when he saw me, and started to follow me. He's now followed me out into Whiterun proper, always with the sword drawn, and I cannot open a dialogue with him. He didn't follow me into War Maiden's, but I suspect he's waiting for me outside. I don't know for what lengths he'll follow me, as I had stopped playing once I realized War Maiden's was not interested in all the jewelry I enchanted.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Kick his ass, Seabass.
    last.fm

http://m.ign.com/articles/1213924

One user asks Sawyer if the size of the save file is indeed the cause of these issues. Sawyer responded by saying that the size of save files could "be a big problem, especially if you're on the PS3. The longer you play a character, the more bit differences on objects (characters, pencils on tables, containers, etc.) get saved off and carried around in memory." His mention of "bit differences" is a reference to a bit field, which is a way data can be stored.

Another user angrily asks Mr. Sawyer about why games are released in such poor condition, to which he answered that Skyrim's problems are "an engine-level issue with how the save game data is stored…" Many other users are angry at Bethesda Game Studios for Skyrim's subpar performance on PS3, however, but Sawyer defends Bethesda. "It's not like someone wrote a function and put a decimal point in the wrong place… We're talking about how the engine fundamentally saves off and references data at run time. Restructuring how that works would require a large time commitment."

Yet another user asked Sawyer if these problems are exclusive to PlayStation 3, which he answered, "as with Fallout 3 and Skyrim, the problems are most pronounced on the PS3 because the PS3 has a divided memory pool." When pressed on what a "divided memory pool" means, Sawyer clarified: "The Xbox 360 has a unified memory pool: 512 megs of RAM usable as system memory or graphics memory. The PS3 has a divided memory pool: 256 megs for system, 256 for graphics. It's the same total amount of memory, but not as flexible for a developer to make use of."

my copy arrives today. i must resist opening it until after finals are over next monday.

i doubt this will top dark souls for me though...

I just spent the better part of an hour (and a half!?) fighting two freaking dragons simultaneously on a cliff over Dragontooth Crater through the wee hours of the morning with Kesh the Clean. Is that normal?

Who the fuck writes this shit?

Also, my dog seems to have run off from home after I distinctly told him to stay -- fucking pooch.
    Where do I get a dog?

Markarth; the stables.

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    So that sucks. He pretty much says it will never be fixed. I thought I saw a small improvement with the lag issue when they released the patch, but if I did it is subtle. I still have lag issues and he is right, the further I get in the game the worse they seem to get. I might have to break out the xbox, which hasn't seen any action in years, for the next round of skyrim.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I realized last night that I was carrying around 40 - 50 pounds worth of alchemy ingredients. Derp.
    last.fm

Wow, I'd be buggin' on that. I know Xbox 360 is supposed to be for bitches but considering I only play NBA2K and Betheseda titles, I'm sorta glad I have one, lul.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I realized last night that I was carrying around 40 - 50 pounds worth of alchemy ingredients. Derp.
    That shit can sneak up on you... you're trying to sell off all your excess loot and armor and still can't get your weight back under 200 and then realize... fuck... I've got 30 pounds of bone meal sitting here.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    So that sucks. He pretty much says it will never be fixed. I thought I saw a small improvement with the lag issue when they released the patch, but if I did it is subtle. I still have lag issues and he is right, the further I get in the game the worse they seem to get. I might have to break out the xbox, which hasn't seen any action in years, for the next round of skyrim.

I imagine the improvements on Xbox won't be that much significant
    Next Bethesda game I buy will definitely be for the PC
    It seems the development team is lazy about finding
    solutions to their resource allocation problems.
    You'd figure that after Fallout they would make it a priority
    But as with most large scale software development, performance always takes the back seat.

Get it for PC if you're going to buy it again

I haven't played a game on the PC since War Craft 2. This is a dumb question and I am too involved in reading about other planets right now to google, but does skyrim run on osx?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

No, you would have to partition your drive and install Windows

that's not going to happen. I guess I am just going to have to deal with it on ps3.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I've noticed improvements from this latest patch regarding the memory thing. My save file isn't growing so much anymore, and it sometimes even shrinks a bit when I save. I rarely have the lag I used to have in menus. I've also seen less lag overall.

I did experience a couple freezes, though. They weren't devastating, thankfully, and they came when a bunch of crap was happening - like a lot of NPCs were fighting, a quest was updating, and I tried opening a menu all at once. Also, this glitch with activating bookshelves, which is a minor glitch, but a frustrating one to come across as I try to decorate my Solitude home.

I would love to get a gaming PC to play these games the way they're meant to be played... but I don't see that happening anytime soon. The PC I have now can hardly handle The Sims 3, and it's mostly for music recording. The next PC I get will probably also be used for recording.

Also: Amazing. You really can play this game in all sorts of ways.