I love my Dremora Lord.

I WILL FEAST ON YOUR HEART!
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I wish I had that much cheese.

Have you guys seen that book that is like a Choose Your Own Adventure?

I think it might be Kolb & the Dragon. But maybe it's one of the other books.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I can't find Helgi.

I miss the days of Morrowind when people still knew Levitate spells. Damn mountains.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Ha. Barbas.
    last.fm

So once you're a stage 4 Vampire, is there no cure?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Nope

so how many skyrim jobs has everyone gotten?
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

incorrect; but it's harder to feed when everyone's chasing you.
    I kept Lydia in my Whiterun home for this purpose. Just order her to go to sleep and feed.
    You can still cure yourself completely but I forget who I talked to for that.

The cheese wheel video is amazing, thanks for posting it.

I put the game away for awhile, I was at level 32 when I started. It's pretty scary, the degree to which it consumes your life.

Quote Originally Posted by CuervoPH View Post
    I miss the days of Morrowind when people still knew Levitate spells. Damn mountains.
    Yeah it is sad to know that my Dragonborn will never be as powerful as my flying invisible elf samurai nerevarine

Cannibalism, fun!
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    incorrect; but it's harder to feed when everyone's chasing you.
    I kept Lydia in my Whiterun home for this purpose. Just order her to go to sleep and feed.
    You can still cure yourself completely but I forget who I talked to for that.
    Here's the thing, I left Lydia at an Inn and she ditched me. hahaha. I forgot she needed to be told to follow me after sleeping, I fast traveled and she left.

From what I read, I need to feed and then go talk to Falion or whatever his name is. Didn't realize I needed to feed first, went in his home and he attacked me. Now I'm just trying to sneak around and attack things in an effort to build up my sneak. That way I can hopefully sneak up on someone sleeping or something and feed.

Here's the thing, I left Lydia at an Inn and she ditched me. hahaha. I forgot she needed to be told to follow me after sleeping, I fast traveled and she left.

From what I read, I need to feed and then go talk to Falion or whatever his name is. Didn't realize I needed to feed first, went in his home and he attacked me. Now I'm just trying to sneak around and attack things in an effort to build up my sneak. That way I can hopefully sneak up on someone sleeping or something and feed.
    She should be back at your house in Whiterun now.

I never bought the house. I didn't have enough money. So I might be effed, don't know.

I went to the statue in Whiterun (forget the name) and was cured of all diseases. Have to go, so I'll find out later if I'm still a Vampire or not.

That won't cure you, just rids you of any other disease, but if I recall correctly, when you're a vampire you can't get poisoned or get any other disease.

To feed without Lydia, you'll have to wait until nightfall and lockpick someone's house, and hope whomever is inside is asleep. I usually made sure it was around 2am.

If you don't have a high sneak level this is going to be very difficult though. I got chased out of town a dozen times.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Yeah being a vampire is a pain in the ass. If you get to stage 4, you have to feed on someone to lower your stage so that you can be cured. Getting cured is a smaller side quest type of deal and you have to talk to the guy you mentioned. I did everything he asked and he kept not showing up where he tells you to meet him, so I camped outside of his house to make sure he walked over to the spot he mentions. Even when he gets there, there is a glitch that makes him not walk into the circle area completely, which you need him to do to open all of the dialog options. I ended up having to physically push him into the area when he got close. It's bullshit. Fuck vampires.
    last.fm

Lydia will still come back to you, even if you don't have a house. Go to Whiterun... actually you may have to go to Dragonsreach. I thought she'd ditched me too, but she was there waiting for me when I went back.

You guys are losers for letting yourself get sullied by filthy monster germs. My high elf caster is very disappointed in all of you.

This is a fucked up and/or sexy concept.

This in:

This week we released update 1.2 across all platforms, and we’ll be releasing an incremental update next week. We anticipate it will be up on PC first, and then hit PS3 and Xbox 360 later in the week. Among other things, the update will fix issues like magic resistance not calculating properly and the rare, amazing backwards flying dragon. Once the update is released, we’ll share the full release notes.

After the holidays, we’ll continue to release regular updates for the game — through full title updates, as well as incremental “gameplay updates” to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that’s a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers.

We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We’ll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We’ve also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

That won't cure you, just rids you of any other disease, but if I recall correctly, when you're a vampire you can't get poisoned or get any other disease.

To feed without Lydia, you'll have to wait until nightfall and lockpick someone's house, and hope whomever is inside is asleep. I usually made sure it was around 2am.

If you don't have a high sneak level this is going to be very difficult though. I got chased out of town a dozen times.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Yeah being a vampire is a pain in the ass. If you get to stage 4, you have to feed on someone to lower your stage so that you can be cured. Getting cured is a smaller side quest type of deal and you have to talk to the guy you mentioned. I did everything he asked and he kept not showing up where he tells you to meet him, so I camped outside of his house to make sure he walked over to the spot he mentions. Even when he gets there, there is a glitch that makes him not walk into the circle area completely, which you need him to do to open all of the dialog options. I ended up having to physically push him into the area when he got close. It's bullshit. Fuck vampires.
    DAMN! I spent over an hour just creeping around trying to kill animals and guards. Sneaking and running away. Like a little bitch. Dammit!

Chia, thank you. I'll go look for her later on.
    Last edited by marooko; 12-01-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

so i feel like i've done everything so i'm just gonna try and get all of the achievements now. i might start a new play through, but i don't know. i've always been curious to try a character that was magic only.

November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

I had played Oblivion with a magic-only character - but also was a thief. I've had a ton of fun being a sneak-archer. I think I'm going to join the Empire, buy the house in Solitude, get married, finish the Imperial quests, join the Dark Brotherhood, finish their quests, join the Thieves Guild, finish their quests, and then I'll leave the land of Skyrim for the land of Hyrule.

I spent almost an hour tonight talking about video games with my brother. I think I've convinced him to buy this one; I somehow ended up buying a couple of back versions of Assassin's Creed. :/

This whole 1.2 patch fiasco has kept me away from Skyrim for the moment. I've got Steam's connection switched off and duped all of my save files/exes/inis but I'm still hesitant to jump back in, only to have the next patch invalidate any progress. I know Bethesda has had problems patching games in the past but this one is just a game breaker.

Has anyone done the mission for the person in the bards college where you have to go retrieve a lute? I tried doing it last night and I am at the bottom of a waterfall and I somehow have to get up it...problem is there is no way up. Glitch?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I did that quest. I don't remember having to go up a waterfall, though. Do you have the clairvoyance spell? I've never used this spell, but I think it shows you which paths to take in a quest. Maybe that will help.

I did the quest as well. I believe if memory serves me correctly, there is a path up the waterfall, but it's hard to spot. I just kept checking my local map and found the way up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I did that quest. I don't remember having to go up a waterfall, though. Do you have the clairvoyance spell? I've never used this spell, but I think it shows you which paths to take in a quest. Maybe that will help.
    I will try this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CuervoPH View Post
    I did the quest as well. I believe if memory serves me correctly, there is a path up the waterfall, but it's hard to spot. I just kept checking my local map and found the way up that way.
    I was stuck in the room for at least an hour. I couldn't find shit. I guess I will give it another go though. I WANT MY FUCKING LEVEL UPS
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!