Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guitarists welcome

old school

Default Re: Guitarists welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    They are really really close if not dead on sonically to the original pedal's their trying to cop(except the tube tape echo). A fantastic value for the money but like any other behringer product, will only last for so long it seems. Then again, my friend treats his live board like shit which is full of behringer stuff(he keeps the more expensive boss/ehx/etc counterparts at home for recording work) and I think the only thing that died was the vb-2 clone.

finished the first centaurd tonight
    Thanks for the info. That's actually a really good idea to use the behringers for gigging and leaving the headstash effects in the studio. If they're that close sonically then for the price they'd be great to have around for gigs in seeing how shit comes up missing sometimes. Definitely gonna pick up the deluxe tube overdrive & Time Machine. I just bought the regular Tube Overdrive for a Christmas present for my little cousin so I'll get to mess around with that a little on Christmas day and check out the quality.

Next question. Is anybody using a Roland GK pickup and any of the various Roland Synth Modules (old or new)? What rack mount effects are you using and what do you like most about it or them?
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

So I'd like some advice on a tuner pedal. Boss TU-3 seems like the go to, but I'm not understanding concerns of it being true bypass (or not?) and having tone suck issues. I thought that only happened with a really long chain, which I don't have. I don't know much about these details. Thanks.

If it's like their other pedals, I don't have tone problems when I pass clean through, at least, four pedals. I haven't gone higher than that. So, I imagine that it'd be a fine pedal. But I don't really know.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Here is how I use my guitar.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Heres the link to the StompParkinsons benefit ebay auction I was mentioning earlier

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5KVNQW0RK5-C...#ht_500wt_1365

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    So I'd like some advice on a tuner pedal. Boss TU-3 seems like the go to, but I'm not understanding concerns of it being true bypass (or not?) and having tone suck issues. I thought that only happened with a really long chain, which I don't have. I don't know much about these details. Thanks.
    the boss tu series is absolutely fine. tone suck is a totally bloated and overstated concern amongst guitarists. I've had boards with more than a dozen pedals fed into a small battery of old cheap 80's rack gear (known to suck tone) without any bypass strips or protection and the only thing affected in term of my clean channel at the end of it all was a bit of top end roll off that was alleviated by readjusting the EQ on your amp. I still use my tu2 all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post

Here is how I use my guitar.
    nice tuxedo!
    Last edited by Grandma; 12-29-2011 at 06:44 AM.

I bought a les paul studio from my friend and am looking to make a few upgrades, mainly the pickups. Can anyone tell me (besides price) what are the main differences between the humbucker 1, 2, 3, classic and pro pickups?

looking at geting a little tiny practice amp for the house and am trying to decide between the:

vox ac4tv

and the bugera v5

thoughts? both are highly rated everywhere i look. plan to just run the guitar straight into it, no effects.

the vox by a country mile. id save your money for a couple more months and look for a fender silverface bronco or vibrochamp

Money isn't really an issue, just want something tiny for the bedroom. The attenuator option is what I am really interested in.

I bought two used pedals recently for $75. Haven't tried either of them out yet, as they don't have adaptors and I haven't made a pedal board yet.

We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

you gonna mod the rat?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Money isn't really an issue, just want something tiny for the bedroom. The attenuator option is what I am really interested in.
    if you can afford a silverface vibrochamp that has been serviced within the last few years, you won't regret it. the vox will get you where you need to go, but the old vibrochamps are a helluva lot more inspiring and take pedals like a dream

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/2999267632.html

this will be mine by the end of next week (not the exact one in the photo but the same guitar)

Last edited by Grandma; 05-11-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Are Danelectro pedals any good? Someone wanted to sell me one but I passed, I had a Bacon and Eggs one years ago and it didn't work very well, they seem kind of cheap b/c they're plastic on the outside.

And you'll have to excuse me, I'm technologically impaired, what does 'mod the rat' mean?
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

That guitar is a thing of beauty, Grandma

How does the coachella board rate Taylor guitars?

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    And you'll have to excuse me, I'm technologically impaired, what does 'mod the rat' mean?
    Modify that RAT pedal. Above.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew 619 View Post
    How does the coachella board rate Taylor guitars?
    They're great sounding guitars. However if money wasn't an object I would have a McPherson.
    Typically in about all pedals with mods a tranistor is replaced on the circuit board somewhere which is the case with the Rat by ProCo they changed the transistor at some point and most guys dig the sound of the original so they swap the new for the old transistor to give it a classic sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Highly Refined Pirate View Post
    That guitar is a thing of beauty, Grandma
    it was a thing of beauty. it arrived this morning and the person who shipped it had no idea what they were doing and because of their stupidity, there is now a pancake crack in the finish around half of the guitar. Here is a good reason as to why you never buy a guitar off of ebay.

old school

Wow thats heartbreaking. Did you purchase insurance?

yeah I did thankfully, I got it for a suspiciously cheap price so I had my doubts from the start. there was also a 14 day return policy and it was back at the post office within an hour of me receiving the thing. now i gotta look for another fucking guitar. who in the FUCK ships a vintage set neck guitar in a soft case...

old school

An expensive lesson for that seller to learn. I always double box and put a ton of styrofoam peanuts when I ship an axe even if its in a hardshell case. Thank god for insurance and ebay buyer protection.

this will probably deter me from buying a gibson or a set neck style/ non-solid body guitar ever again. all I hear is horror stories of necks breaking from the littlest things nowadays and if i had to ship this guitar from one gig to another it would be hell on my piece of mind. it makes so fucking livid because i will never come across this guitar again for that price and that fucking retard cheated me out of it just because he didn't know how to pack the goddamned thing properly. It was a collectors guitar that I could actually play and not have to worry about knicking it up at the price I got it for but nope, its fucked and it will cost me half of what I paid for the damned thing to get the whole thing repaired by a professional. last thing I need is a fixer upper.

That sucks but it can be fixed. It will be as good as new, if not better, if you find a great guitar repair guy.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

the seller can deal with it now. as i said, im not looking for a fixer upper as my main guitar is already a year overdue for a complete refret. as soon as i get my money back or go through the claim process, i'll post pics of the damage. a straight crack around more than half of the perimeter of the guitar along where the bottom and top body slabs are met and glued,rooting out from the bottom strap button, bad enough that i could fit my thumbnail into a section of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    Are Danelectro pedals any good? Someone wanted to sell me one but I passed, I had a Bacon and Eggs one years ago and it didn't work very well, they seem kind of cheap b/c they're plastic on the outside.

they're actually not bad sounding pedals at all, they're just built into those shitty plastic happy days enclosures. the french toast could go neck and neck with any tone machine ive tried and the v1 cool cat came shockingly close to sounds i got out of the klon. i know folks who use them live but im sure they have backups in case they shit out on stage, they dont get alot of mileage. i personally would never use them unless they were rehoused and i certainly wouldn't buy any of them new as danelectro is ran by an army of homophobic pillocks.

i've never modded a rat before but the mods that are out there are idiot proof if you can handle an iron

Just picked me up a Holy Grail reverb, diggin it. I'm in the hunt for another pedal in the near future, thinking an Aquapuss, Fuzz Factory or Tremolo. Thoughts?
    image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.

My fuckin' Holy Grail busted so soon after I bought it. Thankfully my amp has a reverb built in so now I don't worry about it, but I did love that pedal.

I got a Danelectro tremolo for $2 from a thrift store years ago and it still gets the job done just fine. I have to use a penny to turn the speed knob, but for that price it's worth the pain in the butt. Can play Rumble perfectly with the thing.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

What a steal, I was leaning toward a tremolo so definitely checking that one out next

Also, best make shift pedal board. Go

Same thrift store, same purchase, I got a pedal board with a velcro-ready base, connections for 10 inputs and a lightweight build for $10. I fuckin' loved that thrift store. I also got a chorus and a flange from them.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

How come no jams at Coachella guitar people?