Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2500

Thread: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Default Re: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Haha that is a really interesting story! A 5-year reunion. Any reason why you decided on 5 years instead of the next year, or another year after that?
    I honestly have no idea why we chose five years. All I know is that we knew we wanted to head back at some point. It's been great having all this lead time though!
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

What's the deal with cameras at Sasquatch?

According to:

http://sasquatchfestival.com/venue

You can bring a small camera with no zoom, lens or flash

So I can't bring a point and shoot Panasonic Lumix because it can zoom? Or does it mean it can't have a separate detachable lens?

I think your good as long as there is not a detachable lens

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    I honestly have no idea why we chose five years. All I know is that we knew we wanted to head back at some point. It's been great having all this lead time though!
    That's funny and awesome that you guys are having a reunion, and a cool story about how you found out about the fest too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrunr5000 View Post
    Long time lurker. First time commenter. Still need help with a few schedule conflicts. Most notably the Zola Jesus vs. The Walkmen vs. Beirut block.
    I'm hitting Beirut because the one time I saw Zola I was underwhelmed (which I don't think is the norm) and its right around sunset, which will be beautiful.

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

Quote Originally Posted by xcrunr5000 View Post
    Long time lurker. First time commenter. Still need help with a few schedule conflicts. Most notably the Zola Jesus vs. The Walkmen vs. Beirut block.
    That conflict really sucks. I'm going with The Walkmen so I can be up front for Little Dragon. Beirut on the main at that time of day would be something to behold, I bet.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Awesome! Did you go by yourself last year or did you convince friends to go? What about this year? It's such a trek from LA.
    I went with my then girlfriend last year along with another couple, which really wasn't that great of a decision in the end just because of set conflicts and couple fights. So this year I'm going just with a couple friends and my parents who wanted to come as well. Which my friends think is way weird, but I think is actually really cool.

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

Quote Originally Posted by knytt View Post
    I went with my then girlfriend last year along with another couple, which really wasn't that great of a decision in the end just because of set conflicts and couple fights. So this year I'm going just with a couple friends and my parents who wanted to come as well. Which my friends think is way weird, but I think is actually really cool.
    I think that's cool, too. My dad always talks about going to fests with me. I wouldn't want him to see me in festival form, but I think he would have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by knytt View Post
    I am a mom and I drag my adult kids to all the festivals we go to. I have as much if not more fun than they do and your folks will have a blast:-)

Oh I know they will, I've been to a ton of concerts with them, if anything, I'm looking forward to hanging out with them at some sets than with my friends.

New song and Eurythmics cover:

4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    Wow. I wouldn't waste a single second of my day to wait in line for any of those artists. What a horrible fucking signing lineup.
    Probably the worst advance list I've seen at a major festival.

Charles Bradley signing is cool. Some might be into meeting "Beatle Sperm" James McCartney, like half the lineup for Dhani Harrison at Coachella 2009 signing tent.

I don't think I've ever asked any of you, but how did you first hear about Sasquatch? What made you want to go (or actually go) for the first time? I want to hear some Sasquatch origin stories.
    I'm late to this party but...

I attended the first and only Pemberton Music Festival in 2008. It was an amazing experience seeing bands I probably would have never paid to see on their own (NIN, Jay Z, Interpol, Tom Petty, Coldplay...) but I was totally willing to pay the entrance fee to see all of these bands (and ones I would pay to see like Flaming Lips, Vampire Weekend, Metric...). I was amazed how much I enjoyed so many bands I would never have seen without this festival. It was also a fucking blast having my music festival cherry popped with probably 20000 other people attending their first major music festival. Due to it being a massive clusterfuck they lost millions on that fest and pissed off the tiny little town that it was attached to, so it never happened again. At this point I was hooked on camping music festivals so the next best one was Sasquatch. I went for 2009 and have not missed one since.

We have gone to the Gorge Amphitheater for years for concerts and after my first Coachella I too was hooked on music festivals and camping so Sasquatch was a must for us after that. We never camped the first few years we came to concerts at the Gorge but now I would not miss it for anything....except maybe a nice cliff house at Cave B Winery next door but I think you would have to reserve it 2 or 3 years in advance if you could even get one at all:-)

I have to say that I really am not into the EDC music:-( At Coachella I had to listen to the whole lineup because I did not know what bands played at which stages and I am such a dumbass about anything EDC so I did not recognize the names of those bands or DJ's. At Sasquatch I listened to the bands after the schedule came out so I know which ones play in the dance tent and don't even listen to them:-p. It is not that I hate the music...it is just that so much of it sounds all the same to me. I am sure there are nuances that I am missing and I probably am missing a few bands I might actually like.....but my schedule is so full of ones I know I like that I don't really care:-) I have a playlist that is 11 hours long without anyone from the Banana Shack and that is fine with me. I am glad so many young people love it....it leaves us some room at the other stages:-) My age definitely shows on this issue!

Flight leaves tomorrow morning. So excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

This has been the longest day and a half of work. I just want to go now. I am jealous of all of you leaving tomorrow. I still have two more days of work....

This week could not be any more hectic. I haven't even had a second to think about or plan for Sasquatch. Looks like I'm gonna have about six hours Wednesday night to do everything.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

One more goddamn paper and then I'm off to the Gorge. Fuck yes.

1 hour and 42 minutes until I'm off of work!!!!!

Less than an hour and I'm outta here!
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

old school

http://ivetupintheclouds.tumblr.com/...d-the-collapse

For any Metric fans reading this thread they released a 2nd track from the album that comes out June 12th(hasn't leaked).

They did a fanclub show(cameras banned) last Friday and the setlist was mostly new material. Sasquatch is their first big appearance supporting the album. Bellingham warmup show on Thursday.

Hope everyone has fun at the Gorge!
    I unfortunately won't be able to make it.
    2013?...
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Ahh they got Deervana! Fuck, why can't Coachella or OL ever get that?

Wow! No talk? How'd it go, everyone? I guess people aren't back quite yet...

I got back yesterday and I guess there really isn't anything to talk about. After attending a leave no trace festival the weekend before I can say that I felt like I was in a dump the entire weekend. I don't see myself ever returning even though I'm a short drive away. Sound was pretty bad, production was average, crowd was annoying, beverage enforcement is the dumbest shit I've seen at a festival, but I did enjoy Alabama Shakes and Apparat quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I didn't plan on coming back before, in favor of having new experiences, but I'm definitely not returning now. Most sets ranged from great to astonishing, with St. Vincent being one of the best I've ever experienced at a festival (top 3), crowds were especially enthusiastic, the venue truly was a work of beauty, and I loved the freedom to bring anything into camp, but corporate gouging, the inescapable soundbleed, the steep climbs to everything, the hour-long trek back to camp across rocks and over hills every night, and a disproportionate number of encounters with complete tools were a deal breaker.

Fuck. Was it that bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

What a bummer, looks like most festivals are taking a turn for the worse.

Did anybody catch Wolfgang Gartner? He said it was the best set he's every played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Frank, I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I had one of the best festival experiences of my life. Crowd blew Coachella's out of the water, everyone was very friendly, bands sounded fantastic, weather was great, etc.. Can't wait to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk