Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Default Re: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    this year we are bringing someone with us to watch our camp area that does not have a ticket:-) We will feed and party him out and he can make sure nothing gets stolen this year. Lost my laptop last year:-(
    The best thing they ever did was stop letting people without tickets into the campground. Those are the people that are there all day to get into people's stuff and use the rest of the resources there without paying. If you don't want your laptop stolen I would suggest locking it in your car. I have been to Sasquatch five times and never had anything stolen.

Also, you sure talk a lot of shit about the Sasquatch boards for the person who was trying to hook up your daughter with someone by posting her picture on the internet without her knowing.

On a more positive note, Sasquatch is my favorite thing and I go every year. It is worth the trip just to be in the gorge. Just eat a good protein filled meal in the morning and bring in snacks. Lightweight layers are good as it gets really cold at night. Lock up your shit. The security is really not that bad if you don't give them shit.

And the dance tent was much bigger in 2011, not smaller.

I'm really hoping for Sigur Ros, Air, or the Black Keys (all will have new albums).
    Quote Originally Posted by trickmytrick View Post
    And the dance tent was much bigger in 2011, not smaller.
    Good to hear. Boys Noize killed it in 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

The best thing they ever did was stop letting people without tickets into the campground. Those are the people that are there all day to get into people's stuff and use the rest of the resources there without paying. If you don't want your laptop stolen I would suggest locking it in your car. I have been to Sasquatch five times and never had anything stolen.

Also, you sure talk a lot of shit about the Sasquatch boards for the person who was trying to hook up your daughter with someone by posting her picture on the internet without her knowing.
    1) I have been to the Gorge over 20 times and only got ripped off once. My laptop was locked in the car, they broke a wing window to get in so apparently your suggestion is not too valid.
    2) If I bring someone without a ticket to guard our stuff they will not be ripping off anyone and I am pretty sure our neighbors would be happy to have someone hanging to make sure everything is as they left it.
    3) Your statement about them "using the rest of the resources there without paying" is ludicrous....what on earth are your talking about.....porta potties??? Because that is the only resource they would possibly use!

Yes..I am the horrible person that posted a photo of both of my daughters actually on the Sasquatch message board (which she does know about by the way) and your kind and sensitive moderators accused me of trying to pimp her out:-) What I did do is call out the rude ass moderators for snapping at other newbies and of course then I was the target of their sad pitiful rage. The board there consists of about 30-40 people who post among themselves regularly and the few unsuspecting newbies looking for information or perhaps like we do here to meet like minded people prior to the fest. I did not think posting there would bring about such wrath from the moderators. Here it is only the regular posters that flame a person but there the moderators get in on the fun it would seem. The main reason I even created an account there was to offer to loan camping gear to people going to Sasquatch that were flying in. Apparently on the Sasquatch message board that is the first step to trying to take control because that is how 2 of the moderators acted:-)) I did meet a few nice people on the board that borrowed gear that still keep in touch and a few regulars from the board recognized me (as I am unfortunately quite recognizable) and gave me a nice shout out, each of them saying "I am one of the nice ones!" meaning they were not one of the assholes on the board! That sort of speaks volumes about the conduct of the moderators to me:-) Strangely the main moderator dude "Know ID ya" emailed me here through the Coachella message board to ask why I stopped posting on the Sasquatch board because and I quote "My brother said someone pissed you off and you deleted your account, but he didn't recall who. With the increase in activity, I couldn't find where it happened. So let me know who the culprit was, and I'll make it right. My favorite part of message boards are the older folks, so I hope you come back." I told him his moderators were dicks and he said they were a little hot headed but meant well. I could not see where that was true by the dialogue I saw on the board and with their anger directed to me so I stayed away.

I stand by my statement...too many of the folks on the Sasquatch message board are dicks!
    Last edited by Inthecolumbiagorge; 12-01-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: typos

Lightweight layers are good as it gets really cold at night.
    This cannot be overstressed once the sun is down. The wind comes through at times when it's cold, which makes dressing in layers more of a requirement than a recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I think my favourite part of Massive Attack's set was when they

http://www.qctop.com/articles/upload/France-89097.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bendulum View Post
    This cannot be overstressed once the sun is down. The wind comes through at times when it's cold, which makes dressing in layers more of a requirement than a recommendation.
    Word^
    It gets very cold in the Gorge at night. Last year there was ice on our cars two of the mornings. Shelter from the wind is the issue so layers of clothing are for sure the way to go. Last year we rented a camp trailer because the weather forecast was a bit wet possibly but this year we will bring large tents and propane heaters in case it is too cold to hang out at night. Some people had fires last year but that is against the rules so you run the risk of security making you put it out.

I didn't expect the cold weather it had there in May. It was seriously the winter I'm used to in Arizona but I wasnt prepared at all.

Yes..I am the horrible person that...blah blah blah
    Look, lady, I don't think you are a horrible person. I think you are very nice to try and help other people. I understand that there are people who are dicks on the internet. But I also think you are overreacting and that you are taking one or two assholes and painting everyone that way. I stand by my other statements, and I don't feel bad about that as they are my personal opinions. Sasquatch is basically my favorite thing and I have gone long enough to know what has made the experience the most enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I'm really hoping for Sigur Ros, Air, or the Black Keys (all will have new albums).

Good to hear. Boys Noize killed it in 2010.
    Yeah the tent was much bigger and was set up a bit differently. They also had this huge thing across from it that was some sort of Red Bull sponsored structure where you could get Red Bull and water and stuff and dance as well. There were a ton more people around the area dancing. The surprise of 2011 in the dance tent was DJ Anjali and the Incredible Kid. It was like remixed Bollywood dance music and it was rad.

Edited to add that Air would be amazing.
    Last edited by trickmytrick; 12-01-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Air

as long as we're talking about stealing things, my laptop was stolen out of my locked car last year as well. apparently it happened a ton.
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

What's with bringing your laptop to a music festival? Are you guys press or something?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs

What's with bringing your laptop to a music festival?
    I've never understood this either, unless you have music on there or conference calls to do for work.

I always thought of the festival as a digital sabbatical - you're at the Gorge!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I think my favourite part of Massive Attack's set was when they

http://www.qctop.com/articles/upload/France-89097.jpg

I'm sure they have their reasons.

Anyway, when does the line-up come out for this again? Any idea who will headline, Brad?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs

Last year the full lineup came out February 6th, but Foo Fighters were announced much earlier. I'd expect something of the same nature this year.

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

Last year they announced one headliner when tickets went on sale and then the rest in February. But tickets went on sale already and no word.

1) I have been to the Gorge over 20 times and only got ripped off once. My laptop was locked in the car, they broke a wing window to get in so apparently your suggestion is not too valid.
    2) If I bring someone without a ticket to guard our stuff they will not be ripping off anyone and I am pretty sure our neighbors would be happy to have someone hanging to make sure everything is as they left it.
    3) Your statement about them "using the rest of the resources there without paying" is ludicrous....what on earth are your talking about.....porta potties??? Because that is the only resource they would possibly use!

Yes..I am the horrible person that posted a photo of both of my daughters actually on the Sasquatch message board (which she does know about by the way) and your kind and sensitive moderators accused me of trying to pimp her out:-) What I did do is call out the rude ass moderators for snapping at other newbies and of course then I was the target of their sad pitiful rage. The board there consists of about 30-40 people who post among themselves regularly and the few unsuspecting newbies looking for information or perhaps like we do here to meet like minded people prior to the fest. I did not think posting there would bring about such wrath from the moderators. Here it is only the regular posters that flame a person but there the moderators get in on the fun it would seem. The main reason I even created an account there was to offer to loan camping gear to people going to Sasquatch that were flying in. Apparently on the Sasquatch message board that is the first step to trying to take control because that is how 2 of the moderators acted:-)) I did meet a few nice people on the board that borrowed gear that still keep in touch and a few regulars from the board recognized me (as I am unfortunately quite recognizable) and gave me a nice shout out, each of them saying "I am one of the nice ones!" meaning they were not one of the assholes on the board! That sort of speaks volumes about the conduct of the moderators to me:-) Strangely the main moderator dude "Know ID ya" emailed me here through the Coachella message board to ask why I stopped posting on the Sasquatch board because and I quote "My brother said someone pissed you off and you deleted your account, but he didn't recall who. With the increase in activity, I couldn't find where it happened. So let me know who the culprit was, and I'll make it right. My favorite part of message boards are the older folks, so I hope you come back." I told him his moderators were dicks and he said they were a little hot headed but meant well. I could not see where that was true by the dialogue I saw on the board and with their anger directed to me so I stayed away.

I stand by my statement...too many of the folks on the Sasquatch message board are dicks!

Oh no, I've been implicated as a rude ass moderator. Time for me to start screaming and yelling and pounding on my keyboard. NOBODY GETS AWAY WITH CALLING ME RUDE ASS AAAAARGGGGGGGGGG.

Seriously though, calm down. It's the internet. I've been called much worse (by people on this board even), but at the end of the day, I still sleep well. You are obviously new to the internet (as of last year), so let me explain to you how it works. I'm sure all the frat brothers who frequent this board can attest, they weren't just allowed to waltz up to their fraternity, and say, "hey guys, I'm your friend now." They had to be initiated, and if they couldn't handle it, they went away while the existing members mocked them and high fived each other. That's how it works on most message boards. Newbs get teased and harassed. It's initiation. I didn't invent the rules, nor do I enforce the rules, but every message board has a set of regulars who do, including the Coachella board.

When I went back through the thread in question, I saw that a boarder teased you about something, and you lost your shit. Then another boarder jumped in and started bad mouthing you even more because you couldn't handle it. Now you claim the Coachella Board (of all places) is the place to meet like minded people prior to the festival, implying your stay here has been nothing but flowers and unicorns. Well I call bullshit. I rarely lurked this board before recently, but one thread that interested me was about theft at Coachella. A member of this board basically called you a "Stupid *$&#*" for lending your bike to someone, yet you still frequent this board with praise while trashing another. I see you have nearly 1,000 posts here, and that people more or less know who you are, and no longer harass you. That's great. I don't think you even reached 50 posts on the Sasquatch Board before you deleted your account, so many of us never got a chance to know you before you went apeshit.

I thank you for offering your extra gear to Sasquatch attendees in need, but you are still blaming the entire Sasquatch Message board because two of the regulars picked on you. I think you are a wonderful person, and I still want to fornicate with your daughters, but quite frankly, you're not very good at the internet. Relax.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 – Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

Oh for petes sake! I did not slander you Mr. know ID ya, only 2 of your moderators who were rude to me and due to the interaction I had with them yes, I consider them to be jerks. Whether you choose to admit it or not both of them often act very "dickish" to new people on your board. You blame it on my "lack of use of the internet" but I do not really think that is the case. I would imagine I have had a personal computer since you were in diapers:-) I use the internet plenty even though I have only posted here for 2 years. I usually am not flamed much as I try to get along with most people, in person and virtually. It does happen though sometimes even here. I did not say the whole Sasquatch message board sucked. Perhaps you feel the level of rudeness on the Sasquatch board is "normal" but I disagree and it has not been my experience in my many, many years of internet use. I do understand your attachment to it however:-)

Why you would take the time to check any of my prior posts here or on your own board I just have to wonder? What you should have found on your site was me asking why one of your moderators had to be a dick to newbies so often and then the fur started flying and I was accused of trying to "be a mom of the board" and of trying to "pimp out my daughters." Not really very cool and yes I did take offense and if you knew me, knew my very close relationship with my daughters you would certainly understand. But I left your board...I did not stay around and cause trouble. I went to Sasquatch and had a great time and never worried one second about your message board or anyone that used it except to get the equipment to people who needed to borrow it:-)

I post here because I have friends here, have met many people here and then in person at Coachella. There are occasionally flowers and unicorns here I guess but that is not my view of this message board. I have been flamed here as well, but not ever by the moderator and that is different on your board. I posted in the Sasquatch forum because I was excited about the tickets being available already and thought I would throw out the offer of equipment to borrow since I do not post on your board now. Sorry you and Trickmytrick took such exception to my interpretation here of your message board but you are still there, it is still yours and you all are doing fine I hope, even your dickish moderators:-p You can bet I will have an absolutely wonderful time at Sasquatch again this year without posting one single word on your message board and I guess we will have to agree to disagree:-) As to fornicating with either of my daughters you are on your own as they make those decisions for themselves. If they knew you were a moderator on your message board you would not have a chance in hell however and you can blame your friends Horned Granmma and interstateeight for that:-)))

To everyone else...Sasquatch is wonderful and you all should go:-)
    Just to be clear, when I used the phrase "internet," I was not referring to your ability to turn on a computer, or google Metamucil, or youtube Josh Groban hits, I was referring to "message board interaction." You are correct, I probably was in diapers when you had your first green screen. Depends. Again, I don't know the entire story, because usually tension builds over a series of different threads, but you stated above that you questioned why the two assholes of the board were such assholes? What did you expect would happen? They wouldn't be assholes? Would you expect the Coachella board assholes to be kinder to you after calling them out a couple days after you joined here?

I know you weren't specifically calling me an dick with your post, but it really wasn't clear. "Moderators are such dicks, blah blah know id ya, main moderator, blah blah, moderators are such dicks." Had you managed to make it through your initiation period, the entire board would hold you in the high regards that many on this board do. Outside of two people on the Sasquatch board, everyone there has a high opinion of you, including myself. Half the Sasquatch board regulars are Canadians anyway, and are required to be as nice and sincere as possible, as a national rule. You had a bad experience, and rather than overlooking it for the sake of understanding shit happens, you blew up. Pimping out your daughters wasn't brought up until after you claimed war against the "assholes."

I'll still give you a hug the first time I meet you, and give your daughter a bigger hug. It isn't "my board," as you continually referred to it as. I'm not even a moderator there anymore, which is something your daughter will be happy to hear. Say hello to boo for me.
    Last edited by know ID ya; 12-01-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 – Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

Last year they announced one headliner when tickets went on sale and then the rest in February. But tickets went on sale already and no word.
    Theyre trying to see how many people will fork over the money with no bands announced.

What's with bringing your laptop to a music festival? Are you guys press or something?

I brought my laptop to have 6 usb ports to charge my mp3 player, my phone, and my mini speakers. Wish I hadn't now.

Half the Sasquatch board regulars are Canadians anyway, and are required to be as nice and sincere as possible, as a national rule.
    I love Canadians:-)

You had a bad experience, and rather than overlooking it for the sake of understanding shit happens, you blew up. Pimping out your daughters wasn't brought up until after you claimed war against the "assholes."
    I did not blow up...I did not claim war on anyone, I just said what I needed to say and I left. That is not a terrorist tactic:-) I did not even mention HG in a post before he went cuckoo on me. Even here all I said was Horned Gramma is a dick, not that everyone that posts on the Sasquatch board are dicks. Gosh you guys are so sensitive:-p

Everybody needs to get over it and have a great time at Sasquatch:-) I know I will!

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    Oh no, I've been implicated as a rude ass moderator. Time for me to start screaming and yelling and pounding on my keyboard. NOBODY GETS AWAY WITH CALLING ME RUDE ASS AAAAARGGGGGGGGGG.

Seriously though, calm down. It's the internet. I've been called much worse (by people on this board even), but at the end of the day, I still sleep well. You are obviously new to the internet (as of last year), so let me explain to you how it works. I'm sure all the frat brothers who frequent this board can attest, they weren't just allowed to waltz up to their fraternity, and say, "hey guys, I'm your friend now." They had to be initiated, and if they couldn't handle it, they went away while the existing members mocked them and high fived each other. That's how it works on most message boards. Newbs get teased and harassed. It's initiation. I didn't invent the rules, nor do I enforce the rules, but every message board has a set of regulars who do, including the Coachella board.

When I went back through the thread in question, I saw that a boarder teased you about something, and you lost your shit. Then another boarder jumped in and started bad mouthing you even more because you couldn't handle it. Now you claim the Coachella Board (of all places) is the place to meet like minded people prior to the festival, implying your stay here has been nothing but flowers and unicorns. Well I call bullshit. I rarely lurked this board before recently, but one thread that interested me was about theft at Coachella. A member of this board basically called you a "Stupid *$&#*" for lending your bike to someone, yet you still frequent this board with praise while trashing another. I see you have nearly 1,000 posts here, and that people more or less know who you are, and no longer harass you. That's great. I don't think you even reached 50 posts on the Sasquatch Board before you deleted your account, so many of us never got a chance to know you before you went apeshit.

I thank you for offering your extra gear to Sasquatch attendees in need, but you are still blaming the entire Sasquatch Message board because two of the regulars picked on you. I think you are a wonderful person, and I still want to fornicate with your daughters, but quite frankly, you're not very good at the internet. Relax.
    Just to be clear, when I used the phrase "internet," I was not referring to your ability to turn on a computer, or google Metamucil, or youtube Josh Groban hits, I was referring to "message board interaction." You are correct, I probably was in diapers when you had your first green screen. Depends. Again, I don't know the entire story, because usually tension builds over a series of different threads, but you stated above that you questioned why the two assholes of the board were such assholes? What did you expect would happen? They wouldn't be assholes? Would you expect the Coachella board assholes to be kinder to you after calling them out a couple days after you joined here?

I know you weren't specifically calling me an dick with your post, but it really wasn't clear. "Moderators are such dicks, blah blah know id ya, main moderator, blah blah, moderators are such dicks." Had you managed to make it through your initiation period, the entire board would hold you in the high regards that many on this board do. Outside of two people on the Sasquatch board, everyone there has a high opinion of you, including myself. Half the Sasquatch board regulars are Canadians anyway, and are required to be as nice and sincere as possible, as a national rule. You had a bad experience, and rather than overlooking it for the sake of understanding shit happens, you blew up. Pimping out your daughters wasn't brought up until after you claimed war against the "assholes."

I'll still give you a hug the first time I meet you, and give your daughter a bigger hug. It isn't "my board," as you continually referred to it as. I'm not even a moderator there anymore, which is something your daughter will be happy to hear. Say hello to boo for me.
    More lineup info, less nonsensical rants please.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Pretty much everything organization-wise was worse in 2011 than 2010 so I really hope it doesn't continue down this road. Things I'm referring to include worse line up, smaller dance tent, less porta potties and fewer water stations.

The festival is run by live nation though so these things aren't surprising. Spend less, make more money.
    I think you're right about the lineup and the water stations, but the dance tent was larger and there were more porta potties. Not that I'm defending Live Nation or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drewoftherushes View Post
    I think you're right about the lineup and the water stations, but the dance tent was larger and there were more porta potties. Not that I'm defending Live Nation or anything.
    The Honey Buckets were much cleaner this year in the campground and venue. I know that the campground ones were greatly aided by not having a thousand extra people that are just camping and partying using them all day. We actually were next to the best row of Honey Buckets last year, they were down on the end of an aisle and there was never a line. It was awesome.

The Black Keys are looking more and more likely.

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs

The Black Keys are looking more and more likely.
    That would make my day! Loved them at Coachella last year but I want a longer show so hopefully they come close to us this year in their regular tour so we can see a full show:-)

Take this bullshit back to your joke of a message board. If you were any good at the internet you wouldn't be the moderator of that useless circle jerk.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Take this bullshit back to your joke of a message board. If you were any good at the internet you wouldn't be the moderator of that useless circle jerk.
    Agreed. Fuckin donk. I'd stab someone for her lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Jesus Christ, what happened in here?
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Agreed. Fuckin donk. I'd stab someone for her lol
    Slow clap.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Yeah that fuckin' Sasquatch board is full of a bunch of dudes posting dogfort pictures and talking about where the Strokes are likely to be billed. Nothing like the fine conversation around here.