Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch Festival 2012

old school

Default Re: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Radiohead filled the Gorge by themselves a decade ago. Whole show is up on youtube proshot.

I'll be there for my first Sasquatch and first time at the Gorge. I thought I was going to go last year so I spent a lot of time checking out stuff about it and I love everything I've seen. Their lineups are perfectly aligned with my tastes and damn, that place is so beautiful. Just wish they could play music all night ala Roo. My younger sister lives in Portland so I plan on visiting her and maybe a friend in Washington, then driving over. Going to Bonnaroo after that. It's going to be a fun couple of weeks. So excited!

Now I need to go watch that Radiohead performance at the Gorge.
    I must have looked as if I were a diseased creature. Covered in cigarette cartons like bird shit, smeary colored face, drinking wine out of a pair of sweat pants. A dead baby hung off the side of my head -- crying to get high on smokes and glue.

http://gabfrab.com/

You're going to love Sasquatch, but the website is undergoing maintenance. Should be expecting a headliner/ticket info news soon.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I've been advocating a Radiohead solo show at the Gorge for years. What an amazing experience that would be. Sigur Ros too.
    RH performed at the Gorge back in 2001. I think they are due for another go, maybe it will be at Sasquatch? That would be lovely. But it would all depend on what their dates look like after Coachella is announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    What the fuck do you know about Madison Square Garden you Orange County twat?
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    And I'm just gonna tell you all this right now, and you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, but Daft Punk isn't playing next year, so just shut up about it now and save yourself from wasting anymore time on the thought of it.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMark View Post
    You're going to love Sasquatch, but the website is undergoing maintenance. Should be expecting a headliner/ticket info news soon.
    Hopefully!
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

The website is back up but doesn't appear to have anything new on it. It still has the 2011 dates up top. Let's hope for news soon!
    I must have looked as if I were a diseased creature. Covered in cigarette cartons like bird shit, smeary colored face, drinking wine out of a pair of sweat pants. A dead baby hung off the side of my head -- crying to get high on smokes and glue.

Yeah, I've never been to sasquatch either, and I'm looking to change that next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gabfrab View Post
    The website is back up but doesn't appear to have anything new on it. It still has the 2011 dates up top. Let's hope for news soon!
    On the Tickets page, there is some info about the 2012 tickets but I think this info was up before the website went down for maintenance. It looks like they are going to have re-entry this year.

http://sasquatchfestival.com/tickets

New for 2012:

Patrons who purchase a 4-day festival ticket will be allowed re-entry from the Festival grounds! This will not apply to any other ticket, only the 4-day pass.

If you purchase the 4-day festival ticket, you will receive just one ticket that will be good for all four days. Keep your ticket in a safe place: tickets cannot be replaced.

Remember to take your ticket with you to the Festival. If you forget or lose your ticket, you will not be able to enter the camp ground or the festival. The Gorge Box Office will not be able to reissue tickets no matter what the reason.

When you arrive at the Gorge, 4-day ticket holders will be required to exchange their ticket for a 4-day wristband. Wristbands are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be replaced. They cannot be removed and must be worn all four days to allow entry. Please don't remove, stretch or tamper with your wristband in any way or you will not be allowed entry.

its called Wristbands, Sasquatch.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Yeah after the maintenance it just looks like they took some information off the front page

if im not mistaken the new website didnt launch last year till after the line up reveal, did it?
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

That is correct. They had some launch issues with the site too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    its called Wristbands, Sasquatch.
    didn't read the whole thing huh?

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

I just found out last month there's a good chance I can get into Sasquatch for free, so if I can pull my finances together to get up there, I'll go. Haven't been since 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahfontaine View Post
    No way we'd ever do General Camping again, though. Used to back in college when tripping and/or drinking all night was ours and our friends' activity of choice. Now I like to sleep. At least a few hours a night.
    ...but this was my only big gripe about the trip. General camping. Never again. Wildhorse all the way. Not a fan of having a mini Sahara tent going all night next to my tent as I'm trying to sleep at 3 am. Also having to wait in line an hour for a shower at night, during the festival, which I left early in order to not have to wait for a shower. Pretty sure they had 5 womens showers for the entire camp, two of which had run out of hot water.

But yes, the festival was awesome, view was gorgeous, and Bon Iver made the entire thing worth it in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Is Wildhorse camping still available? I sort of just want to book myself a spot in case the lineup is so great that I am compelled to return. (DEMF is the same weekend and it's going to be insanely hard for me to miss out on that). I really have nothing but good things to say about this festival from my '10 experience and I really want a reason to come back.

Oh and I guess I might need to point this out, but I would book a Wild Horse spot and naturally transfer it to one of you if I end up not going and you need a camp spot.

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

I'll probably go to this again, I went a few years back and had a fantastic time. There is so much right with this festival, it completely erases anything bad (of which I personally didn't find any).

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    didn't read the whole thing huh?
    Correct. Lol. i read "If you purchase the 4-day festival ticket, you will receive just one ticket that will be good for all four days. Keep your ticket in a safe place"

thinking it was just a ticketmaster ticket you had to keep on you all weekend. oops.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Is Wildhorse camping still available? I sort of just want to book myself a spot in case the lineup is so great that I am compelled to return. (DEMF is the same weekend and it's going to be insanely hard for me to miss out on that). I really have nothing but good things to say about this festival from my '10 experience and I really want a reason to come back.

Oh and I guess I might need to point this out, but I would book a Wild Horse spot and naturally transfer it to one of you if I end up not going and you need a camp spot.
    Wild Horse takes a while to fill up, I just checked the website and they still have 295 spaces open. I got my spot last year a week after the lineup dropped and there was still roughly 100 campsites still open.

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

I wanted to go back this year, but I'll be in New York. drat!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Some rumored bands, nothing big yet...

Wild Flag
    The War on Drugs
    The Naked and Famous

I'm kinda in the same boat here as some. I wanna go, and I know tickets go on sale this weekend, but I dunno. i have to see the lineup as well. Another thing that concerns me is the fact that I will be flying to Washington, and I'm not sure how the whole carpool experience works. Does anyone have any input on this?

From CoS as well:

A limited number of special discounted four-day festival passes will be on sale Friday, November 25th at 10:00 A.M. PST via the festival’s website. The festival’s complete lineup will be announced in February
    4/11 Chela / Classixx @ The Independent
    4/14 MSMR / Jagwar Ma @ The Fillmore
    4/18 Disclosure @ The Greek Theater
    4/18 Flight Facilities @ The Mezzanine
    5/13 Broods @ The Independent
    5/30 Goldroom @ The Independent
    6/07 Jungle @ The Independent
    7/02 EMA @ The Independent
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I'm kinda in the same boat here as some. I wanna go, and I know tickets go on sale this weekend, but I dunno. i have to see the lineup as well. Another thing that concerns me is the fact that I will be flying to Washington, and I'm not sure how the whole carpool experience works. Does anyone have any input on this?
    I haven't been, but I seem to recall that last year they were selling shuttle passes from the Seattle airport to the festival. Could be totally wrong about that though. I'm going to try get my ticket on Friday. I hope the discount is a nice little chunk. I recall the pre-sale and regular price difference being only about $10 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I did this last year. Met at the airport with two others, shared a versa rental car and camped together. I'd recommend it since I had a good experience with my carpool.

Been wanting to go to this for years. Now that I live in the Northwest, it will be much easier to commit to. As far as transportation options, it looks like they added a shuttle from SeaTac:

http://www.gorgecamping.com/SASQUATCH-2011.html

Going to buy presale tix.

Oh and I forgot to mention that you could try arrange a ride over on the Sasquatch board. Plenty of people should be looking to carpool there.

I don't remember, how much were they last year?

Sasquatch 2012 Four Day Passes On Sale This Friday
    Presale Sasquatch 2012 four day passes go on sale Friday, November 25th, at 9:00 a.m. The presale ends at the stroke of midnight as 2011 comes to a close. General tickets go on sale Saturday, February 11th (2012) at 10:00 a.m., so expect the lineup to be announced Sunday, February 5th. The four day pass will cost $290. As mentioned in the previous post, the festival will take place May 25th to May 28th.

http://sasquatchmusicfestival.blogsp...s-on-sale.html

They were $285 during the presale and that included camping and I believe there were no fees. I'm pretty sure the tickets only went up about $10 after the presale though.

Quote Originally Posted by thekube View Post
    Been wanting to go to this for years. Now that I live in the Northwest, it will be much easier to commit to. As far as transportation options, it looks like they added a shuttle from SeaTac:

http://www.gorgecamping.com/SASQUATCH-2011.html

Going to buy presale tix.
    This seems pretty doable. I'm kinda tight on funds, and I imagine having to split a rental 4-ways (as fun as that might be) would only add to more money spent.