Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2500

Thread: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Default Re: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Anybody have a guess of how long it would take to walk from venue to campsite and back? I wanna be able to come out once a day but am a little nervous I will miss an act i want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    If you want to go crazy soak the melon in alcohol overnight and you won't need any alcohol in the venue....put your fruit in some lemonade and you keep your buzz:-)
    Mark and I tested soaking gummy bears/worms in alcohol for a couple of days. The worms/bears swell and they retain the vodka really well. I think we may have either used too much vodka or left the worms/bears in for too many days because when we tried them it felt like more than a shot of vodka each time I was eating one. Maybe I'm just a wuss...
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    Anybody have a guess of how long it would take to walk from venue to campsite and back? I wanna be able to come out once a day but am a little nervous I will miss an act i want to see.
    Depends on where you end up in the campground but it can be up to 20+ mins one way. The in and out thing is nice and all but the distance almost makes it not worth it unless there's a huge gap in what you want to see. Sasquatch really needs to get a locker system in place.

It takes a good 20 minutes to walk from the festival back to your campsite(depending on where your at). I would say to plan at least a hour to walk,eat, ect.

Edit :
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    Depends on where you end up in the campground but it can be up to 20+ mins one way. The in and out thing is nice and all but the distance almost makes it not worth it unless there's a huge gap in what you want to see. Sasquatch really needs to get a locker system in place.
    Agree with all of this. It may be benefical on days you dont want to miss acts to just pack a lunch and eat it on the hill.
    Last edited by kucky21; 03-21-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for help on food, too! If you guys have any other suggestions, let me know. I am having a hard time thinking out of the box for food ideas.

I don't get how festival food can be so bad? I mean everyone says it's terrible but I have eaten some pretty bad food in my day so what is it that makes it so, so bad?

My only experience was two years ago when I bought a $9 hot dog from the stand at the top of the hill. The bun was cold, hard and you could tell had just been sitting out all day. I think that hot dog had been on the grill since 9AM that morning. It was shriveled up, and all dried out. It was honestly worse then what you would have purchased at a gas station and was $9! All my other friends had simular experiences.

Why didn't you ask for another one? Or ask for your money back? I guess if you're hungry that's not an option! Please tell me more horror stories about the food so I don't try to think I will be the exception to the rule and buy some anyway.

Is there a spot outside the festival entrance to lock bikes? I always brought my bike to Coachella and I figured it would be a great way to get from the campgrounds to the festival.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    I don't get how festival food can be so bad? I mean everyone says it's terrible but I have eaten some pretty bad food in my day so what is it that makes it so, so bad?
    Think of food that wishes it was on par with what is served in a hospital's cafeteria. The food booths even manage to screw up the burgers, which are sort of grey tinged. Pretty much the only item that is consistently palatable is the yakisoba noodle/rice bowls.

FYI, the iced coffee is very popular and tends to have quite a long line.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Is there a spot outside the festival entrance to lock bikes? I always brought my bike to Coachella and I figured it would be a great way to get from the campgrounds to the festival.
    I don't think bikes are allowed on the trail between the festival grounds and the campground. Plus, it's kind of a steepish trail with a few switchbacks and it can get very crowded too.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Why didn't you ask for another one? Or ask for your money back? I guess if you're hungry that's not an option! Please tell me more horror stories about the food so I don't try to think I will be the exception to the rule and buy some anyway.
    I should have! I guess it was that bad I didnt want another haha

I have never noticed bike locks. It may be pretty hard to ride a bike from the camp grounds. There is always a lot of people on a pretty narrow path... half of it is gravel hill as well.

They do have great Margaritas! Probably the best purchase you can make. You also are given and awesome party glass

Can you refill the party glass and is a refill cheaper? Or am I going to be running around with 8 party glasses?

Can you refill the party glass and is a refill cheaper? Or am I going to be running around with 8 party glasses?
    we are gunna bring in our own booze and get mixers inside

don't let me drink during the day, we both know how that turns out.

lol WE DO

Thanks for help on food, too! If you guys have any other suggestions, let me know. I am having a hard time thinking out of the box for food ideas.

Amphitheaters and arenas always have the shittiest concessions, and despite the unique setting, that's what The Gorge is. A bad meal is okay when people are just coming in for a night to see a show, but 4-5 days? I don't know why they won't bring in food trucks or I <3 Spicy Pie to go along with the standard concessions.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Regarding food they always have those oriental noodles with chicken and you request no chicken as well. Outside of that everything else is pretty poor. The chicken strips were somewhat edible but not all that great, usually hard and rarely hot. Your best bet is to stick to basics if you must eat inside. I think they have pizza as well. I've also tried the burgers and cheese steaks and they are all below average. We would get back to Wild Horse at night and be blown away by how good everythng was there. It was all fresh of the grill too. They even had a good strawberry shortcake sype dessert.

Between the food, showers and slightly more mature crowd, I always thought Wild Horse was worth the extra money but I can understand those who would rather stick to the main campground.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    Pretty much the only item that is consistently palatable is the yakisoba noodle/rice bowls.
    Really? I've tried it a number of times thinking "this year they will get it right." And they never do. I pretty much survive the weekend by eating chicken strips.

Last year though, I only went one day and the only thing I bought was water. The rest of the day I just had free food samples. So many POP Chips and Soy Fruit Bars.

Its just bad. You will find out when you get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Haha, I believe you guys! EVERYONE can't be that wrong. I know you guys are not festival food snobs.

Guess the bike will remain in the campgrounds, dern.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Guess the bike will remain in the campgrounds, dern.
    When/where were you planning on biking? I think I remember hearing about a trail or two in the area...

EDIT* Nevermind, just read this:
    Last edited by Gribbz; 03-21-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Just got a ticket for my bf as a birthday present!

old school

Re: Food

The only thing inside the grounds, that wasn't free, was the quesadillas which were surprisingly good. Only one location sold them but they were good. I would rather have spicy pie though.

You seem to be pretty worried about the food Casey for us having a RV with a stove and fridge and besides that how much food are we really gunna eat? lol

Speaking of which, I was wondering how the generator and the RV will work. Since there's a fridge, does that mean the generator runs all weekend? Do these things ever wear out?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

believe most rv fridges run off of a propane tank. we were good for 5 days at coachella last year, used very little propane. generator will run off of your main fuel supply, but i believe it shuts off if you get below a certain level in your tank.

You seem to be pretty worried about the food Casey for us having a RV with a stove and fridge and besides that how much food are we really gunna eat? lol
    Well I'm just thinking for inside the fest. I get munchies! I'm not really that worried, just trying to plan ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Speaking of which, I was wondering how the generator and the RV will work. Since there's a fridge, does that mean the generator runs all weekend? Do these things ever wear out?
    I know we paid for unlimited generator use. Not really sure what is powered by what though, that's a Mark question.
    Last edited by casey; 03-21-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    believe most rv fridges run off of a propane tank. we were good for 5 days at coachella last year, used very little propane. generator will run off of your main fuel supply, but i believe it shuts off if you get below a certain level in your tank.
    Gotcha. I figure I'll eat something in the RV when I wake up and then bring some snacks and maybe get one nasty meal a day inside.

Rv orgy?