Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Default Re: Sasquatch Festival 2012

Was the camping broken up into 3 tiers last year?

It looks like the top camping is $375 for up to 4 people in a car, is it worth it? It's called Terrace or something.

old school

Last year it was General camping and Premier camping I believe.

There was Terrace too. In my opinion though, if you're looking to upgrade your camping, just go Wild Horse.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Same. I might push for this upcoming year but something needs to pull me in besides the amazing venue.
    Excuse me! The fact that it is just up the river from us is no "PULL"? Come on man...you are killing me here!

Seriously though....all you would need is airfare and your ticket! We have everything else you would need! There is no more amazing place I have ever seen for a concert and you would love it Jeff! Fly into Portland and one of us will pick you up and then you are set:-)

We will be going to Sasquatch for sure this year and that is going to be the only purchase I make on Black Friday:-) The venue is one of the best in the world, no exaggeration and even though the lineup last year didn't make me swoon, I enjoyed every band I saw and have a few new favorites that I did not even know about before Sasquatch.

Last year I offered anyone flying in to the venue a loan of tents, bedding and that sort of thing and 4 different groups of people took me up on it. I will do the same this year to anyone that is flying in. We probably have about 9 extra tents, sleeping bags and bedding to go with them, a couple extra easy up shade canopies, lots of tarps, and I even threw in a few strings of solar lights to the people that borrowed stuff for Sasquatch last year. Anyone is free to eat with us or use our kitchen if they want to cook. I cannot handle the assholes that moderate the Sasquatch message board so I won't post the offer there this year:-( (That horned grandma is a serious dick and anyone that has checked out their message board knows who that is!) So...if anyone wants to borrow some camping gear just let me know and I will put your name on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Was the camping broken up into 3 tiers last year?

It looks like the top camping is $375 for up to 4 people in a car, is it worth it? It's called Terrace or something.
    I personally do not think it is worth it. After camping in all the different tiers I think general camping is probably just about as good as anything else and free with the event ticket. The only good thing about premium is the shuttle and you have to wait too long at the end of the day for the darn thing. With in and out access this year I think bikes would be the best option because it is a long walk but a short bike ride if you go on the road. The worse thing is theft and this year we are bringing someone with us to watch our camp area that does not have a ticket:-) We will feed and party him out and he can make sure nothing gets stolen this year. Lost my laptop last year:-(

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    Last year it was General camping and Premier camping I believe.
    There was terrace last year too, but not too many people use it. It is just down the hill from the premium camping.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Suzy is the real deal. I camped with her at Coachella last year and her and her fam made life easier and funner. I'm going to look into it and try and make it a for sure yes. I forgot about you all going so that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    Last year I offered anyone flying in to the venue a loan of tents, bedding and that sort of thing and 4 different groups of people took me up on it. I will do the same this year to anyone that is flying in. We probably have about 9 extra tents, sleeping bags and bedding to go with them, a couple extra easy up shade canopies, lots of tarps, and I even threw in a few strings of solar lights to the people that borrowed stuff for Sasquatch last year. Anyone is free to eat with us or use our kitchen if they want to cook. I cannot handle the assholes that moderate the Sasquatch message board so I won't post the offer there this year:-( (That horned grandma is a serious dick and anyone that has checked out their message board knows who that is!) So...if anyone wants to borrow some camping gear just let me know and I will put your name on it!
    We have a crew of 5-6 flying into Portland and driving up from there. We were planning on buying gear at Costco on the way and just returning it on the way back to the airport. However, borrowing gear sounds like a better option if it's available. Just let me know, it would be extremely appreciated. We are planning on camping in the General area, no upgrades, no Wild Horse.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

old school

There was terrace last year too, but not too many people use it. It is just down the hill from the premium camping.
    Oh really? My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    We have a crew of 5-6 flying into Portland and driving up from there. We were planning on buying gear at Costco on the way and just returning it on the way back to the airport. However, borrowing gear sounds like a better option if it's available. Just let me know, it would be extremely appreciated. We are planning on camping in the General area, no upgrades, no Wild Horse.
    Already touched bases by private message and you and your group are hooked up:-)

The worse thing is theft and this year we are bringing someone with us to watch our camp area that does not have a ticket:-) We will feed and party him out and he can make sure nothing gets stolen this year. Lost my laptop last year:-(
    This is a good idea. Last year after Wilco we surprised three campground security guards poking through all the stuff we left out at our campsite - clearly looking to steal shit. I asked them if I could help them and they quickly replied that they had the right to search anything that was left out - got real defensive. I pulled out my camera and took a picture of them and they scurried off. There are some real shady people that work that event and you have to worry about them more than the other festival goers imo.

Already touched bases by private message and you and your group are hooked up:-)
    Awesome, thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    This is a good idea. Last year after Wilco we surprised three campground security guards poking through all the stuff we left out at our campsite - clearly looking to steal shit. I asked them if I could help them and they quickly replied that they had the right to search anything that was left out - got real defensive. I pulled out my camera and took a picture of them and they scurried off. There are some real shady people that work that event and you have to worry about them more than the other festival goers imo.
    Main campground I assume? I can't see that happening at Wild Horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

old school

I wonder how many Canadians bought Roger Waters tickets for Vancouver or Edmonton before realizing the dates are in total conflict with Sasquatch. Seattle Key Arena is the day before, but you'd need 5 days off...

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I wonder how many Canadians bought Roger Waters tickets for Vancouver or Edmonton before realizing the dates are in total conflict with Sasquatch. Seattle Key Arena is the day before, but you'd need 5 days off...
    That was a total bummer when I realized that. I ended up grabbing Roger Waters tickets to the San Francisco date

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Main campground I assume? I can't see that happening at Wild Horse.
    Yes, main campground. I have not yet stayed at Wildhorse although I hear good things:-) Too many other people I know go main campground so that is where we always stay. I have been to at least 20 concerts at The Gorge though and the last trip to the DMB Caravan was the only time I have had ANYTHING stolen. Just left a bad taste in my mouth though and I bring so much stuff to these events, I really don't want it picked through or stolen. I can concur about the questionable staff though but it is no different than Coachella where the security are open about stealing. A couple of guys from Coachella last year told us they were working community service there as security! Now that is not cool!

There's bad stuff everywhere, just make sure you leave your valuables or anything you definitely don't want taken in your car when you go into the fest. I also think ins and outs will help cut down on the theft this year.

There's bad stuff everywhere, just make sure you leave your valuables or anything you definitely don't want taken in your car when you go into the fest. I also think ins and outs will help cut down on the theft this year.
    They steal the most random shit too

Yes, main campground. I have not yet stayed at Wildhorse although I hear good things:-)
    I don't know if I would go back if I had to stay in the main camping area.

It sucks too cause you have to really question whether or not to lock up your tent and shit, cause one the one hand, you don't want anyone going through your stuff, (hence the locks) & at the same time, a theif sees a lock and thinks, "this person has valuable shit, and I will break that lock!"

Are you allowed to drive your car into general camping or just Premier and Terrace?

Your car is alongside in GA as well as the other camping choices, same with Wildhorse.
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/19 Beck @ the Masonic (?)
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore (?)
    9/26 Modest Mouse @ the Masonic (?)
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

I think I am going to make a shirt that says, "I stayed in the general campgrounds at Sasquatch and lived to tell about it."

I don't know if I would go back if I had to stay in the main camping area.
    That issue with the security guards was really the only problem I've ever had in the main campgrounds and that was my fifth time at the festival. I like being in the thick of things at the Gorge, and every year I meet some cool people or have some strange and awesome experience that makes me glad I stayed there.

Oh, security issues wasn't the reason for my post. I just really like Wild Horse. In my late teens/early 20s I probably wouldn't have even considered staying anywhere other than the main camp. I'm just an old man now. OLD MAN NEEDS SLEEP.

EDIT* There's drugs/drinking/partying at WH. People are just more respectful (or so I hear anyway).
    I really like that food they cook for you there too.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 11-23-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Are you making a return to Squatch this year, Gribbz?

Depends on the line-up. If I lived in the PNW I would go every year.

My computer made it through all the time we were listening to the bands. It was stolen the very last night, Sunday, while we were sleeping about 2 feet from the car:-( I hope in and outs will cut down on theft too.

Oh, security issues wasn't the reason for my post. I just really like Wild Horse. In my late teens/early 20s I probably wouldn't have even considered staying anywhere other than the main camp. I'm just an old man now. OLD MAN NEEDS SLEEP.

EDIT* There's drugs/drinking/partying at WH. People are just more respectful (or so I hear anyway).
    I really like that food they cook for you there too.
    I am also old...55:-) I bring a battery operated sound machine and with that thing next to my pillow I sleep through everything. Last year we were about 4 cars from the buses that were doing the dance party thing at Sasquatch and everyone else in our camp bitched and moaned that they could not get any sleep but I slept at least 6 hours each night. The sound machine is seriously one of the most important things I take to music festivals. The Aussies we adopted our first year at Coachella laughed at me the first 2 nights but Saturday night one of them slept in our big tent cuddling with my daughter and he became a believer because of how how easy it was to sleep with it blocking out the sound around you. I am just afraid I will miss something amazing in the main campground if I camp at Wildhorse:-)