Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated Filmmakers

Lurker

Default Overrated Filmmakers

I just got back into the country from making my latest movie and the asshole sitting next to me in first class wouldn't shut up about how "great" Danny Boyle is. He had the nerve to say "Trainspotting" was the best film in 1996 (I guess he never heard of "Scream" or "The Craft") and should have won the Oscar. Don't even get me started on the fact this jerk won a bunch of awards for that hackneed mess "Slumdog Millionaire," but to suggest he should have won even more for a shitty movie that is inaccurate in its depiction of heroin abuse withdrawal? I asked him how he could buy into a movie that a guy literally GOES INTO A TOILET TO RETRIEVE HEROIN? And he swims in the water for a long time, too. Is he a fish? Does the heroin make him so he can hold his breath for a really long time? I nearly threw up when he came out of that disgusting toilet. And it's not a metaphor because he then leaves the bar and is all wet, so we're to believe it all actually happened. It's just so ridiculous and I hate the love this movie continues to get all these years later. I had a girlfriend many years ago who secretly liked Danny Boyle and even had the book version that they made of the movie to cash in on it's success. When I found it in her room, I was so tempted to just rip it in half. I dumped her a couple days later.

I have to remember to lie when people on the plane ask me what I do for a living.
    Chaos lives in everything.

IMDb

VigoTheCarpathian

Default Re: Overrated Filmmakers

you are a profoundly naive person

Quote Originally Posted by p.r. teo View Post
    I just got back into the country from making my latest movie and the asshole sitting next to me in first class wouldn't shut up about how "great" Danny Boyle is. He had the nerve to say "Trainspotting" was the best film in 1996 (I guess he never heard of "Scream" or "The Craft") and should have won the Oscar. Don't even get me started on the fact this jerk won a bunch of awards for that hackneed mess "Slumdog Millionaire," but to suggest he should have won even more for a shitty movie that is inaccurate in its depiction of heroin abuse withdrawal? I asked him how he could buy into a movie that a guy literally GOES INTO A TOILET TO RETRIEVE HEROIN? And he swims in the water for a long time, too. Is he a fish? Does the heroin make him so he can hold his breath for a really long time? I nearly threw up when he came out of that disgusting toilet. And it's not a metaphor because he then leaves the bar and is all wet, so we're to believe it all actually happened. It's just so ridiculous and I hate the love this movie continues to get all these years later. I had a girlfriend many years ago who secretly liked Danny Boyle and even had the book version that they made of the movie to cash in on it's success. When I found it in her room, I was so tempted to just rip it in half. I dumped her a couple days later.

I have to remember to lie when people on the plane ask me what I do for a living.
    kill yourself.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

You have to be the same person as Slow Motion Apocalypse. You just have to be.

Trainspotting is way better than Scream or The Craft. Of course, you probably can't tell, just from looking at the shit movies you've worked on from your IMDB page.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Because Gribbz probably won't come in here to post it:

7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Reminds me of this conversation I had with my old girlfriend sixteen years ago when when she was all like "Pinkerton is clearly the album of the year." Without even saying a word I put on Aenima, turned the volume way up and then threw all of her shit into the street.

One day someone will make a movie about heroin addiction that is not funny, enlightening or entertaining. Simply accurate.

Tell us what you think about PT Anderson

cool story bro, tell it again?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I remember running this guy off last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I think ID4 also came out in 96, hands down best film of the last 25 years

I like how his proof that it's not a metaphor is that there's a two second shot of Renton's wet shoes when he gets back to the flat.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

There is no shame in being a flight attendant. Next time just remember that you can extricate yourself from any conversation by telling the passenger you need to double-check the kosher meals.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Why don't you tell us all about "The Dark Prince" and what we can expect from it.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

I just got back into the country from making my latest movie and the asshole sitting next to me in first class wouldn't shut up about how "great" Danny Boyle is. He had the nerve to say "Trainspotting" was the best film in 1996 (I guess he never heard of "Scream" or "The Craft") and should have won the Oscar.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

How long will it take this time?

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I still think PRT is Randy, even though he's desecrating one of the two movies that Randy actually likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i like how we're questioning the reality of one scene in trainspotting, but not the entire premise of the craft. take some advice from the craft and cut yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    How long will it take this time?
    All you have to do is remind PRT that he's an absentee dad.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Those people who put together animal planet and shit need to get over themselves. You guys filmed some polar bears fucking in the wild, great. Lets throw you a party and release 5 versions of your film and one of the editions will be in a giant globe. Pretentious mother fuckers thinking we never seen zoo books before.

You're losing your edge.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Tell us what you think about PT Anderson
    I was going to save him for number 3 or 4, depending on if I make it to "The Master" this weekend. I guarantee that if his first films are to be a judge, then "The Master" is not going to be a "Master"piece.

Don't flatter yourself. I went away to concentrate on making my next movie, something you don't know anything about.

I like how his proof that it's not a metaphor is that there's a two second shot of Renton's wet shoes when he gets back to the flat.
    Ewan McGregor was wet from head to toe when he left the bar. I don't care how many seconds it was, that told me everything I needed to know right there.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Why don't you tell us all about "The Dark Prince" and what we can expect from it.
    Well, Jon Voight appears as Van Helsing. I don't have to tell you he's an incredible actor. It's like I wasn't even directing him. This is probably his finest performance since the season of "24" he was in, or at least "Anaconda." It's the first in a planned trilogy featuring my take on Dracula. Set in medieval times and shot in beautiful Romania, it's a vampire movie not like any you've seen before. Look for it in theaters next year!
    Chaos lives in everything.

IMDb

someone needs to kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    All you have to do is remind PRT that he's an absentee dad.
    Or remind him that he's P R Teo.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

There's no way this guy is real. I thought he was just full of shit before, but he's really full of nothing.

How badly I want those old meme pics from back in the day...

Don't flatter yourself. I went away to concentrate on making my next movie, something you don't know anything about.
    You're right, I don't know anything about making shitty ripoffs of horror films.

Ewan McGregor was wet from head to toe when he left the bar. I don't care how many seconds it was, that told me everything I needed to know right there.
    You don't see him leave the bar. It cuts directly from him exiting the toilet to a close up of his feet back at the apartment. Explain to me how that told you everything you needed to know, dipshit. You make fucking horror movies that I'm relatively certain probably don't adhere to a fierce standard of realism. What the fuck is it that this one minute long diversion into a surrealist metaphor for Renton's desperation in the face of withdrawal somehow communicated to you about the filmmaker that has given you such an absurdly passionate hatred of what is probably the most consistent aesthetic work of our generation? Also, what the fuck would you know about heroin addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    One day someone will make a movie about heroin addiction that is not funny, enlightening or entertaining. Simply accurate.
    Have you seen Requiem for a Dream yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.