Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuji Rock Festival 2012

Default Re: Fuji Rock Festival 2012

Does anyone have any experience with leaving Fuji Rock by train on the Monday the fest finishes?
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I did it a couple of years ago. No problem. Departure around the same time as yours. But definitely get your return train tickets on your way in, not out. We typically get all our tickets for both legs when we arrive at Narita.

The third (I guess...) lineup release is scheduled for March 1.

Apparently, a record number of people applied for the early bird tickets. Looks like we better be prepared for a hellishly crowded edition of Fuji Rock this year...

Not surprised to hear about the level of advance demand this year. Only 2 names in and the lineup's already nuts.

Glad I got my accommodation booked early as sounds like a big year for Fuji Rock. Our first Fuji experience so can't wait! Don't want to take any chances with tickets so will be getting my application in as soon as they go on sale next Saturday.

This looks like the place but they haven't updated the info for overseas people as yet:

http://www.ganban.net/frf12-enter-e.html#

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post
    Not surprised to hear about the level of advance demand this year. Only 2 names in and the lineup's already nuts.
    I have to admit, my excitement at seeing those two bands is offset somewhat by my apprehension towards the overcrowding and the nagging worry that the rest of the lineup is going to totally suck. Yes, I know I'm being overly negative...

Anyway, remember Buddy Guy's sudden cancellation last year? Well it looks like he's going to make up for it.

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtis...54&SortBy=Date

I presume he's going to headline the Field of Heaven or Orange Court, so it'll be good to have him as an option to see in case the Saturday headliner is underwhelming - which I suspect could be the case (there's my negativity again!).

The following acts have been confirmed for Summer Sonic, so they probably aren't playing Fuji:

Jamirouai
    Franz Ferdinand
    Pitbull
    Foster the People
    The Vaccines
    Kindness

Fuji Rock's next lineup release to follow on Thursday (though I'm guessing it'll be at 12AM, so more like Wednesday night).

Edit: Also, everybody assumed that this tweet meant At the Drive-In were playing Summer Sonic, but since they're not included in the lineup, I guess that means Fuji?

Edit 2: It's kind of annoying how the new board format makes it hard to see the hyperlinks we embed in our posts...
    Last edited by Blue Stapler; 02-27-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Lurker

What's this talk about At The Drive In and a Twitter message?

Wouldnt be suprising, ATDI is going to play for the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by listenup View Post
    What's this talk about At The Drive In and a Twitter message?
    I embedded this link in my previous post, but apparently, the folks that run this message board are intent on discouraging such nefarious practices.

https://twitter.com/#!/ORLProduction...78113608466433

The tweet was posted this morning, and we all knew Summer Sonic was releasing some acts today, so everyone figured ATDI's name was going to be included in the lineup. But it wasn't, and since Fuji is releasing a portion of their lineup in the next couple of days...

Theoretically, he could also be referring to Mars Volta or his solo act, but I know ATDI have been booked for Coachella, so it seems natural to assume they'll be playing Fuji as well. We'll see within the next 48 hours, I guess.

Uh, never mind, the Metamorphose festival just announced that Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is playing...

That doesn't mean that the possibility of ATDI playing Fuji or SS has disappeared of course, but clearly the tweet was referring to Metamorphose...

This came in through my twitter feed. The usual caveat (take this with a helping of salt, folks) applies:

https://twitter.com/#!/regret_jpn/st...235457/photo/1

Edit: The person who tweeted that is also claiming that, elsewhere in the magazine, they say that Jack White is also confirmed.
    Last edited by Blue Stapler; 02-28-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Lol pitbull
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

It appears that tweet was spot on as they're all on the lineup on the official page that is now up and running, including Jack White.

Still no third headliner, thought they might be telling us that one considering we've known the other two for a while but not complaining about some of the additions!

Edit: Just realised that post changed my status from Lurker to Member, only took 5 years and 4 Coachellas!
    Last edited by Al & Mel; 02-29-2012 at 03:35 PM.

New lineup announcement today...

AT THE DRIVE-IN
    BEADY EYE
    BUDDY GUY
    BUSY P
    CARIBOU
    ELVIS COSTELLO AND THE IMPOSTERS
    EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY
    FACTORY FLOOR
    GALACTIC
    HIROMI THE TRIO PROJECT
    featuring Anthony Jackson & Simon Phillips
    HOWLER
    JACK WHITE
    JAMES BLAKE
    JAMES IHA
    JUSTICE
    THE KOOKS
    LOS LONELY BOYS
    MICHAEL KIWANUKA
    OCEAN COLOUR SCENE
    RADIOHEAD
    SAKANACTION
    THE SHINS
    THE SPECIALS
    THE STONE ROSES

Blue Stapler, I hope your fear of being underwhelmed by the lineup has been erased? This is crazy solid so far, IMO.

how on earth does Summer Sonic get a better line-up than Fuji Rock?

lame!

Jack White would be good to see though and of course Radiohead

For being a festival in Japan.....I would almost see every single band on that lineup.... I wouldnt complain.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by fnmore View Post
    how on earth does Summer Sonic get a better line-up than Fuji Rock?
    Seriously?
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I guess he's a Rihanna fan

I don't even know who Pitbull is. I was underwhelmed by Summer Sonic's lineup release though. Still undecided as to whether or not I'll be going.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post
    Blue Stapler, I hope your fear of being underwhelmed by the lineup has been erased? This is crazy solid so far, IMO.
    Oh yeah, this is definitely solid. There's been some bitching over here about how a lot of these acts have played Summer Sonic in the past few years (some people are just hard to please), but no complaining from me. But I'm still predicting that the Saturday headliner will be underwhelming. In fact, I'm kind of hoping that's the case. I can already picture myself being pissed off by how crowded it is - someone like Bjork or Blur on Saturday would make it unbearable (would I like to see either of those two acts? yes).

Quote Originally Posted by Al & Mel View Post
    Still no third headliner, thought they might be telling us that one considering we've known the other two for a while
    They never release all three headliners this early though. But I suppose you could say all bets were off as everything has been so unprecedented this year.

Anyway, I think the following acts are potential White Stage headliners or Green Stage sub-headliners (with the Specials being a possible Sunday closer):

Elvis Costello
    Specials
    At The Drive-In

Beady Eye probably don't have enough songs to headline a stage, so my guess is that they're a Green Stage sub-headliner. It would make sense to put them in front of the Stone Roses. A pity, since I really don't care for Beady Eye and would rather have them, rather than someone like Costello, conflict with the Roses/Radiohead. Wouldn't mind seeing Noel Gallagher though. It would be funny if those two played the same festival.

At The Drive In have confirmed themselves for Sunday.

http://twitter.com/#!/AtTheDriveIn/s...54589602398208

So, a potential conflict with Radiohead.

2nd annoucement:

ARAAB MUZIK
    CHE SUDAKA
    THE DIRTY DOZEN BRASS BAND
    eli walks
    ELVIN BISHOP
    ERNEST RANGLIN
    THE HEARTBREAKS
    MIMI MAURA feat. 石川道久セッション
    MY BEST FIEND
    ONDA VAGA
    OWL CITY
    REFUSED
    STEVE KIMOCK
    THE TROJANS

fuck yeah owl city

Hey Neros, are you doing Fuji this year?

Lots of good acts for the Field of Heaven and Orange Court in this batch. If you enjoyed Manu Chao last year (or, like me, weren't in the proper physical condition to fully appreciate his set and want to kick yourself), Che Sudaka should be pretty fantastic.

I didn't make it to Fuji last year but I'd say I'm 50/50 for this year.
    Depends on a few things going on here are home but I'd really like to make it!!

Yeah it's a pretty good lineup so far - refused is an interesting addition. Not entirely sure where they would fit in either.

Yep, I like this year's lineup so far. Hope you can make it.

Looks like Che Sudaka have confirmed themselves to play Friday (Crystal Palace) and Saturday (Orange Court):

http://chesudaka.com/index.php/en/concerts

Haven't heard of Django Django but looks like they'll be making an appearance at Fuji Rock before Splendour.

http://www.noise11.com/news/django-d...grass-20120318

Some info starting to trickle out.

First of all, notice the logo on the bottom right corner of...whatever that is in this picture (flier?).

https://twitter.com/#!/show5ing/stat...338881/photo/1

Also, Fucked Up are apparently playing "the Far East" on July 29.

http://lookingforgold.blogspot.jp/

Also, this is kind of old news, but Ed Sheeran apparently said during a show that he will be playing Fuji Rock.

So Spiritualized are playing?

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Third lineup announcement is up, and FUCKED UP are on it.

BEST FUJI EVER

Yes, I'm drunk.