Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: swedish house mafia for coachella 2012

Default swedish house mafia for coachella 2012

started an above&beyond thread, but this seems more exciting anyways..we got axwell, and steve angello this year.

how is paul tollett's relationship with the electronic artists?

Default Re: swedish house mafia for coachella 2012

Paul T's got a pretty good relationship with them. Last year he was like, Steve Angello don't forget your bullhorn so that you can remind everyone that you are

STEVE ANGELLO MAKE SOME FUCKING NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIISE

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Paul T's got a pretty good relationship with them. Last year he was like, Steve Angello don't forget your bullhorn so that you can remind everyone that you are

STEVE ANGELLO MAKE SOME FUCKING NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIISE
    ROFL!

Swedish Trance Mafia opening the festival with an 11:30 am Do-Lab set.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 11-07-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by intuitionn View Post
    started an above&beyond thread, but this seems more exciting anyways..we got axwell, and steve angello this year.

how is paul tollett's relationship with the electronic artists?
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

started an above&beyond thread
    I think you should stop starting threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think you should stop starting threads.
    i think you should stop being a bitch.

Ha I wouldn't mind seeing this but I'm not hoping it will be there.
    And yea kid you should probably stop starting threads. 0/2 Isn't a good way to start
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

I'd like to to hear what you have to say when your not thinking.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

First of all, if you're going to start a thread, try to include an interesting opinion or at least something funny. Obviously, my opinion means as much as the next comment, but it's an idea for you. But a request as obvious as SHM in a general request thread. GV certainly knows about SHM and I'm sure they have tried to book them. Save a specific "This band should play at Coachella" thread for a band not so absurdly popular so it may increase additional support for that band.

Secondly, although I'd probably check out half of SHM's set, I don't really want them to be there. I don't want to hear some prostetot yammer all weekend about how amazing it's going to be while she and her pack of bros have no fucking clue about Underworld or whichever great EDM act GV books. For example: See 2010 in which all these kids were losing their minds about deadmau5 and had never heard of orbital.
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybrew View Post
    First of all, if you're going to start a thread, try to include an interesting opinion or at least something funny.
    Or about someone that's actually decent*.

* I actually don't mind SHM.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

First of all, if you're going to start a thread, try to include an interesting opinion or at least something funny. Obviously, my opinion means as much as the next comment, but it's an idea for you. But a request as obvious as SHM in a general request thread. GV certainly knows about SHM and I'm sure they have tried to book them. Save a specific "This band should play at Coachella" thread for a band not so absurdly popular so it may increase additional support for that band.

Secondly, although I'd probably check out half of SHM's set, I don't really want them to be there. I don't want to hear some prostetot yammer all weekend about how amazing it's going to be while she and her pack of bros have no fucking clue about Underworld or whichever great EDM act GV books. For example: See 2010 in which all these kids were losing their minds about deadmau5 and had never heard of orbital.
    you're right i should post something with content. my fault.

in this part of the forum its rumor/gossip/wish list, so this is my wish list. i'll try to make it more entertaining. however, entertaining the thought that they might be there is entertaining.

it doesn't matter if SHM is there or not because that kind of crowd WILL be there. since EDM is mainstream now, everyone listens to it. majority of the crowd will not find out what is out there besides what is spoonfed to them.

Oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post

SHM is unfortunately this statement x3. You're not alone though, there are other old school board members on here who would support this thread although they may be few and far between. I think they might be ok if they weren't allowed to use a microphone, that would be nice. I hope this isn't the "mainstage electronic act" this year, but have a feeling it may be. Don't let people on here bash your taste, if they show up this year I think you and a lot of others will have a great time at their set. But I would encourage you to check out other artists from this genre. SHM is a great brand name, but past that it is a lot of bark, recycled mixes, tired songs, ego mania to the most extreme level, and not much bite.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    SHM is unfortunately this statement x3. You're not alone though, there are other old school board members on here who would support this thread although they may be few and far between. I think they might be ok if they weren't allowed to use a microphone, that would be nice. I hope this isn't the "mainstage electronic act" this year, but have a feeling it may be. Don't let people on here bash your taste, if they show up this year I think you and a lot of others will have a great time at their set. But I would encourage you to check out other artists from this genre. SHM is a great brand name, but past that it is a lot of bark, recycled mixes, tired songs, ego mania to the most extreme level, and not much bite.
    THIS."Don't let people on here bash your taste" should be put in the agreement when you sign up for an account haha

Paul is dead

in this part of the forum its rumor/gossip/wish list, so this is my wish list. i'll try to make it more entertaining. however, entertaining the thought that they might be there is entertaining.
    I cringed
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

you're right i should post something with content. my fault.

it doesn't matter if SHM is there or not because that kind of crowd WILL be there. since EDM is mainstream now, everyone listens to it. majority of the crowd will not find out what is out there besides what is spoonfed to them.
    So why keep spoon feeding them the same shit they know about instead of something new that they would probably be blown away by. Swedish House Mafia was one of my more anticipated acts for EDC this year, I get there and hear some of the same exact mixes they played at EDC in 2010. So what will you get at Coachella when they play? Nothing new, just the same tired lazy mixes with 10 minute builds that they have been rotating threw for their entire career. I still enjoy listening to their older sets but that doesn't mean they are now something I probably will never put any effort toward seeing again.

SHM 2010 is very different from SHM 2011. they're more creative with their sets and set a standard of how a set should be played.

coachella will bring both the mainstream talent and the more unheard but good talent, so in the end everyone is happy.

it's funny we can all go to the same event but have very different coachella experiences because there's something for everybody.

they're more creative with their sets and set a standard of how a set should be played.

it's funny we can all go to the same event but have very different coachella experiences because there's something for everybody.
    This is actually one of the more endearing qualities of the festival. All festivals have this to some extent, but I think it speaks to Coachella's excellence to have such a VARIED lineup/experience for everyone.

As much as we like to rant and rave about how shitty everyone's musical tastes are, the Mojave tent during Fever Ray would have been really awful had Jay Z and deadmou5 not been playing at the same time.

But honestly, welcome to the boards intuitionn. Say what's on your mind, expand your horizons, get made fun of, make fun of others, read, listen and don't take anything too seriously.

Except that Skrillex is horrible. Take that very, very seriously.

But honestly, welcome to the boards intuitionn.

Except that Skrillex is horrible. Take that very, very seriously.
    Hey I saw him at hard summer this year and I thought...yeah he was fucking awful.

SHM 2010 is very different from SHM 2011. they're more creative with their sets and set a standard of how a set should be played.
    not here to bash your musical taste as everyone enjoys different shit, but if you think SHM is setting the standard for how a set should be played you really need to expand your edm horizons.

coachella will bring both the mainstream talent and the more unheard but good talent, so in the end everyone is happy.

You didn't read a fuckin word I said, did you? My whole rant was on the fact that 2010 they were better and in 2011 their mixing is tired and recycled, not that it has improved. At no point in time would I have ever said that they "set the standard of how a set should be played," that's probably one of the most uneducated things you've said so far.

You act as though there aren't a dozen other threads were you can request the shitty music you want at Coachella. You could bump a Sahara wishlist thread or an older SHM thread but instead your lurker ass starts a new thread requesting the same tired ass shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

You act as though there aren't a dozen other threads were you can request the shitty music you want at Coachella. You could bump a Sahara wishlist thread or an older SHM thread but instead your lurker ass starts a new thread requesting the same tired ass shit.
    Thank you.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I don't get it. Because this act is shitty to you this person isn't allowed to make a thread for them and has to put it in the Sahara wishlist thread?

*Creates Steve Aoki, Major Lazer, Uffie, Die Antwood, Kreayshawn threads*
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I don't get it. Because this act is shitty to you this person isn't allowed to make a thread for them and has to put it in the Sahara wishlist thread?

*Creates Steve Aoki, Major Lazer, Uffie, Die Antwood, Kreayshawn threads*
    She said bump that thread OR one of the other SHM threads....

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

If you don't count this thread: http://coachella.com/forum/showthrea...=Swedish+House

There hasn't been a thread on SHM since 2008 tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Do the responses to SHM around here surprise you now or something?

I mean, I get what you're saying, but it's not like people don't get ripped for creating duplicate threads for other artists and acts.