Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 LastLast

Thread: R A D I O H E A D 3/15/12

Default Re: R A D I O H E A D 3/15/12

Didn't get to the yardhouse meetup cus hubby was freaking about getting our waste and ticketmaster GA tix. Got my wristband and went and hung w friends at yard house before the show but didn't know where you all were. Cannot WAIT for coachella. Never saw them live before and last night was amazing. I'm psyched about seeing bon iver and then radiohead hopefully in that order!!!

I'm pretty much useless today. I woke up at 4:00 and got back into Albuquerque at 7:00 (Arizona time). I've been at work since then, just staring off and listening to "Lucky" in my head. That's the song that's been on a constant loop for me. I think it was after "How to Disappear Completely," I looked at Ivy and said "This set list is ridiculous, now we just need 'Lucky' to complete it." Two songs later.....it was a glorious day. It was unfair. I'm freakishly excited to see them at Coachella. On that sound system. At my favorite place.

I had a great time at The Yardhouse with all of you, as well.
    Last edited by HotHamWater; 03-16-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Maybe I'm a jerk but I missed not getting Everything in its Right Place. I told my kids they'd play that and the show would be over. I was wrong. But Paranoid Android was a brilliant closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Maybe I'm a jerk but I missed not getting Everything in its Right Place. I told my kids they'd play that and the show would be over. I was wrong. But Paranoid Android was a brilliant closer.
    I was hoping for that one, as well. And National Anthem. Maybe we will get that next month!

Everytime I see them I hope for Let Down.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

If I ever see them play The Tourist, I'm retiring from going to shows.

Mostly because I won't have any money, due to paying child support after impregnating everybody within a 34-foot radius during the song.

The tone that Johnny gets on Lucky always gives me chills.

Maybe I'm a jerk but I missed not getting Everything in its Right Place. But Paranoid Android was a brilliant closer.
    I was praying for this, nude & supercollider. Crossing my treefingers for Coachella!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    were you at the Yardhouse? if so, sorry I didn't get to meet you.
    yeah, I was at the yardhouse chilling with westcoastpirate, and his family. And I saw those glowsticks as well during idioteque. It was perfect seeing it while dancing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    But you missed everyone waiting in the wrong line at the gates for WASTE tickets. Then realizing the box office was releasing the tickets then they needed to be wristbanded. Then realizing they needed to enter through other gates.
    Fair to say, the communication wasn't great at the arena. But that wasn't helped by fans deliberately misleading others and sending fans to the wrong gates/lines etc.
    I walked right up to the security guard by gate 4 under the arrow that said "floor/GA" and asked him if I needed to get my ticket elsewhere before getting in line and getting banded. He said nope just get in this line. I said are you sure, I purchased my tickets from the fanclub WASTE I don't wait in this line forever and then be sent somewhere else. He said "uhhh". I said you aren't sure? He said "uhh I dunno". While in the line for about 5 minutes I finally heard someone with information say that the physical tickets were at Will Call and this line would be for wrist bands unless we purchased tickets through ticketmaster and got GA / Floor in which case they would swipe your card at the front of the line and give you a ticket and wrist band at the same time.

Have any audio recordings of last night's show popped up yet?
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Matthew Dear - 7/12 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk

Show was amazing. Also, technically I "snuck in" to the show.

After all the angry video posts, I'm sure most of you will hate this, but fuck it.

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Everytime I see them I hope for Let Down.
    As do my wife and I. I doubt it will ever happen. At least I've heard No Suprises, live, which is the other one I had been hoping to hear at some point.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

I wanted the guitar to be louder during Paranoid Android. :-)
    Also, I loved hearing Packt but I couldn't hear that synth bass line well, and that bothered me. My kids got really tired and anxious to leave near the end, so that took a but out of it as well.

Did anyone see my glow sticks during Idioteque?
    I DID! I immediately thought it was you!
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Sorry I missed meeting everyone at Yardhouse, we came form the east valley and there was a car that crashed and then caught on fire so we were stuck in traffic for an hour and when we finally got to yardhouse it was crazy and they were telling people there was no more room. Maybe next time, or hopefully I can meet (some of) you guys at Coachella!

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Good article! That show was amazing, I can't wait to see what we get at Coachella! I got to hear my 2 with Idioteque and Weird Fishes/Arpeggi but hearing Packt Likes Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box was awesome and not expected! We got a great set list!

Ray Charles

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    As do my wife and I. I doubt it will ever happen. At least I've heard No Suprises, live, which is the other one I had been hoping to hear at some point.
    I don't know, man. Based on the setlists so far, if there's any tour where that COULD happen it seems to be this one.

This show was amazing, and immediately rockets up to the top or near the top of the Radiohead shows I've seen. That performance of Lucky might be my favorite moment in live Radiohead history, at least at the shows I've gone to. And Packt was such a great surprise, and it sounded GREAT for the first performance in more than a decade. A decade into my dedication to this band and they still manage to surprise and impress.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post

To be honest, I don't understand anyone's want to line up insanely early for this show. Especially since tickets were will call (fiasco). If we wanted, we could have easily gotten up even closer, and we showed up so late... I mean, I understand if you want to be on the rail, but seriously it wasn't hard to get a good spot.
    Nobody knew it was going to be that kind of a mess. This was the worst organization for the whole tour on the whole ga entry/will call/ wristband stuff. Normally, how everyone was lined up, it wouldve gone without any problems. You need to understand that a few venues did not fuck up this badly with the ticketing situation. If you went to the shows where everything was organized to the T, you would not have had such a blessing in disguise by arriving 10 minutes before gates opened.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    Have any audio recordings of last night's show popped up yet?
    Nope. But there is somebody who taped it. Theyre just an asshole when it comes to sharing.

I feel you. I could tell the ticket situation was ridiculous even when I showed up. Glad I got in and got a good spot.

I deliberately avoided watching all youtubes or downloading any boots from prior shows this tour - I didn't even have a wishlist of songs I hoped to hear- I just wanted to go into this with fresh ears and zero expectations and decide how I felt about TKOL material hearing it live. Holy crap, they delivered a PHENOMENAL show. Incredible setlist, and the new stuff is great live. I do agree with Tom and Sean, though, I thought the sound during the first half of the regular set was muddy and messy, and the levels for Tom's voice were too low (we were in sec 112). By Pyramid Song (which was simply beautiful, and personally, the most transcendent live version of that song I have heard), they had that addressed and the sound was much improved. And how very nice of them to play HTDC so beautifully, just for me.

And Amy, I saw your glowsticks, and immediately knew it was you... YAY Amy!!!

It was lovely to see all your smiling faces at the Yardhouse (I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to more of you directly, I'm kind of bad about that.) Thanks, Ivy, for arranging the meetup. We really ought to have taken a big group picture. Next time?

And thanks to Officer Pena of the Arizona Hwy Patrol for just giving us a written warning and not a speeding ticket at his speed trap at Top of the World, and preserving what was otherwise a gorgeous drive through the mountains around Phoenix on Friday morning. So many beautiful places to hike! We'll have to come back and do just that when we have the time to devote.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    It was lovely to see all your smiling faces at the Yardhouse (I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to more of you directly, I'm kind of bad about that.)
    Yeah, I think I introduced myself as "Dale Gribble" the entire night. Kinda feel like an asshole. Anyway, it was great meeting all of you.

Matthew Dear - 7/12 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk

That's not your name?
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

His name is Chest Rockwell.

Becca's got me calling him Gribbles and Bits.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Becca's got me calling him Gribbles and Bits.
    Hahaha.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Hahaha.
    i'm sad I didnt see you in Dallas btw. I was there for 2 days.

I think this was the best concert that I've been to. I also enjoyed hanging out with you guys at The Yard House.

It's too bad I didn't see you, supre. I wanted to meet you in the flesh. I would have asked if you thought that they'd play "Creep" or "The Scientist."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

It'll have to be the polo fields. If you can even find me there........