Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: R A D I O H E A D 3/15/12

Default Re: R A D I O H E A D 3/15/12

Best Radiohead show of the 6 I've seen. Incredible setlist, and while I don't usually go nuts over a rarity for the sake of it being a rarity, "Packt Like Sardines In a Crushd Tin Box" was fucking awesome. Also, while I'm not entirely a fan of "Pyramid Song" on record, it was great live. This light show is incredible. Can't wait to see them at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    More thoughts tomorrow unless you guys keep spitting out stupid shit.
    Geez.

I was front and center, sounded great, looked awesome....It was a great stage production and setlist, loved that first encore, and loved 'airbag' and 'packt...' ... I can't wait to see them again at Coachella!

It was great seeing everyone last night. That was by far the largest board-meetup-not-actually-at-Coachella that I've been to. We should have got a group photo!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I agree Tom, it was really good to see you all and to meet new people. It made me even more excited for Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Amazing show, and Thom's voice was spot on! I can't believe there were 3 HTTT songs and both Airbag AND Paranoid. The only song I didn't like was Identikit, which I hadn't heard before. It was great seeing everyone before the show. Sorry I left early from nerves.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Amy, it was pretty crazy in there, I left at 7 for the same reason, SO MANY PEOPLE!

Trying to get out of the parking lot was a nightmare too. I imagine that was even more crazy after the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

A bit of a long line getting in for floor tickets. I think it was almost a 40 minute wait. I finally got to the floor as the lights went out and they hit the stage. Perfect timing. That floor wasn't even half full. I retreated once I got a bit warm which was after about 5 or 6 songs. I ran into TomAZ and watched a bit of the show with him from just to the left of the sound board. This was my first real Radiohead show and I liked it. I wasn't expecting that much of a stage show but the lights with the buildups and layers of music were pretty intense. As i've stated a million times i'm more of casual Radiohead fan. None of their songs are very personal to me but they sounded exceptional and it's easy to see why they deserve so much praise. I left slightly early, probably about 10:30 or so. Nice seeing those of you I ran into

Set list was amazing. Definitely some surprises for me. I agree with most, "Packt" was incredible.

One complaint, which has nothing to do with the band...a venue issue, was being in the back...the sound at times was toooo quiet! Also, seemed a bit muddy at the beginning. Thom's voice was drowned out. They fixed that, thankfully. How was everyone else as far as sound? I was dead center, lower level, but all the way back.

Also, great seeing everyone pre-show! Can't wait to see you all on the Fields.

That was a damn fine show, but never will I drive for 5 hours after a show...well apart from next month at Coachella...oh and The Wall in LA...nevermind!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i had a great time! probably too great; thanks to tommy for driving me home. sorry about that :x was very nice to see and meet so many people!

i love those screens. lucky was probably my favourite, but of course packt was great. and i enjoy airbag so much more now after hearing atoms for peace at coachella. fun show, glad everyone had a great time.
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

IFA can have it
    THANK YOU SO MUCH TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredibly show, and I'm so glad that I ended up getting to attend. I owe you several more beers in the garden at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

Never in my life did I expect to grab the rail at a Radiohead show. But thanks to the ticket chaos and some dumb luck, I did, and I had a concert experience that I don't think I'll ever top. It was dazzling and emotional for me and the girlfriend, who bonded in part over Radiohead two years ago but couldn't get to see them until last night.

Highlights for us were making Ed laugh by screaming extra loud during the 15 Step cue, Myxomatosis, PACKT (which they played at my first RH show more than 10 years ago), dancing so hard during Feral->Idioteque that my legs still hurt, the light shows for There There and Lotus Flower, and HTDC/Reckoner during the encores. And the PA closer...

Thom was completely engaged, in the moment, and enjoying every second. Colin is the greatest living human, and Clive Deamer is god. Only flaw in the show was Jonny messing up Kid A to some extent with too much reverb.

Finally, I must remark on Supre's uncanny ability to both A.) be at the absolute front of the line and B.) look as if he couldn't care less about being there. Well played.

Going to Coachella and a couple more of these... Glad I have Separator and Staircase to look forward to!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

only gripe is not getting separator. but a tiny, tiny gripe in comparison to what we got.
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I had a really great time at the show last night! It was nice meeting some of you guys, and seeing radiohead for the first time! Watch out weekend 2!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    the sound at times was toooo quiet! Also, seemed a bit muddy at the beginning. Thom's voice was drowned out. They fixed that, thankfully. How was everyone else as far as sound?
    I spent the first 45 minutes of the set up fairly close, within 30 feet (or so) of Ed. I also noticed Thom's voice seemed drowned out and the sound wasn't all that great. After Pyramid Song I needed to get out from where I was so I moved back to the soundboard area and the sound seemed much better.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Also, I'm curious if others shared this experience..

It felt to me like the first part of the show was a little flat. Like they were just up there doing their job, doing a decent job of it, but it felt more studied than inspired. But then somewhere along there, they started to get really interested in what they were doing and caught fire so that the second half plus the encores were really great.

Also, I have significant new respect for "Feral". wow. that bassline's been in my head all morning this morning.
    Last edited by TomAz; 03-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Set list was amazing. Definitely some surprises for me. I agree with most, "Packt" was incredible.

One complaint, which has nothing to do with the band...a venue issue, was being in the back...the sound at times was toooo quiet! Also, seemed a bit muddy at the beginning. Thom's voice was drowned out. They fixed that, thankfully. How was everyone else as far as sound? I was dead center, lower level, but all the way back.

Also, great seeing everyone pre-show! Can't wait to see you all on the Fields.
    I wanted the guitar to be louder during Paranoid Android. :-)
    Also, I loved hearing Packt but I couldn't hear that synth bass line well, and that bothered me. My kids got really tired and anxious to leave near the end, so that took a but out of it as well.

Did anyone see my glow sticks during Idioteque?
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I had a really great time at the show last night! It was nice meeting some of you guys, and seeing radiohead for the first time! Watch out weekend 2!
    were you at the Yardhouse? if so, sorry I didn't get to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Did anyone see my glow sticks during Idioteque?
    YES!! those were yours?? You threw them up in the air?

Oh and I was in the middle maybe 20 feet in front of the sound board.

That was me and my kids. And my brother threw a green one between Idioteque and the first encore because he forgot to do it on time. :-P

Amy, I saw your glow sticks as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

This was one of the best concerts of my life. I'm so glad I took today off work.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Can't focus at work. Want to see Radiohead again.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Was it right before the first or second encore when Thom came on stage and did a little jig/dance? You could tell he/they were feeling it.

I also agree with whoever said they felt like they were floating away during the first encore.
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 03-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

I too am worthless today at work...various Radiohead songs playing in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Can't focus at work. Want to see Radiohead again.
    THIS. Absolutely amazing show. Lucky and Idioteque were my personal favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Goddamn what a show. Screaming so hard during Packt and PA... Those are probably my too biggest highlights, along with Pyramid Song. The new songs sound great also.

Also, my girlfriend and I showed up at 8:30 got right in and on the floor as Bloom started, then snuck up the left side of the floor until we were about 20 feet from the stage. Amazing show... So fucking happy I ended up with floor tickets, felt great to be that close.

To be honest, I don't understand anyone's want to line up insanely early for this show. Especially since tickets were will call (fiasco). If we wanted, we could have easily gotten up even closer, and we showed up so late... I mean, I understand if you want to be on the rail, but seriously it wasn't hard to get a good spot.

The encores last night.... Fuck what a night

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post

To be honest, I don't understand anyone's want to line up insanely early for this show. Especially since tickets were will call (fiasco). If we wanted, we could have easily gotten up even closer, and we showed up so late... I mean, I understand if you want to be on the rail, but seriously it wasn't hard to get a good spot.
    Yeah, we walked into the venue 30 minutes before Radiohead came on and we got a fantastic spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

[QUOTE=ods..;2417877

[/QUOTE]

But you missed everyone waiting in the wrong line at the gates for WASTE tickets. Then realizing the box office was releasing the tickets then they needed to be wristbanded. Then realizing they needed to enter through other gates.
    Fair to say, the communication wasn't great at the arena. But that wasn't helped by fans deliberately misleading others and sending fans to the wrong gates/lines etc.