Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/11/11 11:11am Black Sabbath

Default 11/11/11 11:11am Black Sabbath

The four original members of Black Sabbath are holding at press conference at Los Angeles' famed Whiskey a Go-Go club on November 11th at 11:11 AM. The group are widely expected to announce a reunion, but a press release merely says it will be a "special announcement at the same location where the influential band made their Los Angeles debut on November 11, 41 years ago." Henry Rollins will host the event.

Rumors of a Black Sabbath reunion have been swirling for months, even though bassist Geezer Butler released a Sherman-esque statement in February shooting them down: "I would like to make it clear, because of mounting speculation and rumors, that there will definitely be NO reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour."

In August, the Birmingham Mail published an interview with Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi essentially confirming that the Ozzy-era lineup of the band was going to reform. "It's all been very hush-hush," he said. "Ozzy's been the worst at holding it back…We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we're writing is really good. It's more back to the old original stuff."

Iommi released a furious statement when the quotes hit the Internet, but in a brilliant non-denial denial, he never actually denied saying the quotes, nor did he deny that Sabbath were reforming. He mainly just seemed angry that the story had leaked earlier than he had planned.

We spoke with Iommi earlier this month, and he refused to address the issue directly. "There is no status at the moment," he said. "That's something that can always happen. We just get on with it and see what happens."

The original line-up of Black Sabbath reformed in 1997 and toured off and on through 2005. Their last album of new material was 1978's Never Say Die! The Ronnie James Dio line-up of Black Sabbath toured and recorded as Heaven and Hell from 2006 through Dio's death in 2010.

The only real question about this press conference is whether the band is going to announce a tour, a new album, or both. Even before news of this press conference surfaced, 11/11/11 had already been declared National Metal Day by VH1 Classic. The cable channel plans on showing a 24-hour marathon of metal programming.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz1cmWQ32Sx

9/16 Seth Troxler @ Standard
    9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Re: 11/11/11 11:11am Black Sabbath

Ozzy is old tho.....
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Ozzy is old tho.....
    11/11/11
    http://www.blacksabbath.com/
    He is indeed.....and he became a vegan as well.

He’s bitten the head off of a bat, he’s bitten the head off of a dove, but, at least for the time being, Ozzy Osbourne has sworn off of meat altogether.

In fact, as Noisecreep has reported, the one time Black Sabbath singer has turned over a new leaf, literally, by embracing a vegan diet for what the Prince of Darkness cites as health reasons. Reportedly, after his assistant showed him the vegan documentary Forks over Knives, Ozzy decided that it was time to cut meat, fish, dairy and anything else derived from animals out of his diet. Speaking on Sharon Osbourne’s chat show, The Talk, the singer revealed that he his feeling the benefits:

"I feel OK actually, I feel better about myself, you know? I go on binges. That's the reason why I decided to cut out meat out and dairy because I've limited what I can have because when you're on the road and you're travelling, you grab buns and... burgers are everywhere... so now I've just narrowed the margin."

Ozzy’s new lifestyle choice comes hot on the heels of the news that he and his Black Sabbath alumni, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward may begin rehearsals for a final reunion tour. Braveworlds have recently published a rumour that, were Sabbath to reunite, they may be part of a tour package with fellow Birmingham metal legends Judas Priest, as well as speed metal pioneers Motorhead. That tour would reportedly be happening in the US in Spring 2012, with Sabbath then returning to Europe for the festival season in June or July.

If Sabbath do hit the road again, Ozzy may find some camaraderie from his new dietary choice in band member Geezer Butler. The bassist is a longstanding vegan, and has appeared in advertising campaigns for P.E.T.A.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...medium=twitter

9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

would you just fucking stop posting articles. over the last couple months you've posted more articles than you have individual thoughts.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

I've been to enough Black Sabbath "Going Away" shows. It's not really fun when the front man has to sing off a telepromter.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    would you just fucking stop posting articles. over the last couple months you've posted more articles than you have individual thoughts.
    Or you can stop posting comments if you don't give a shit. Sorry bro but this reunion will be better than Soundgarden ok? You're going to be like Supre in 5 years after you graduate from college.....grumpy old fuck.

9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Or you can stop posting comments if you don't give a shit. Sorry bro but this reunion will be better than Soundgarden ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Or you can stop posting comments if you don't give a shit. Sorry bro but this reunion will be better than Soundgarden ok? You're going to be like Supre in 5 years after you graduate from college.....grumpy old fuck.
    no shit it's gonna be better. it's black fucking sabbath, but just because you don't have a firm grasp of the english language doesn't mean we all have to suffer through your incessant number of articles.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

no shit it's gonna be better. it's black fucking sabbath, but just because you don't have a firm grasp of the english language doesn't mean we all have to suffer through your incessant number of articles.
    nice attempt at a derail! now, how about that fucking latte, Skippy, that is if you're not too busy correcting spelling / grammar and missing points (or making them inadvertently, as is the case here)

9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten

Delete.

perhaps a video will save this thread.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

At this point I don't know why anyone would want to see a Black Sabbath reunion. The guys might be alive, but they're not the same people anymore.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    At this point I don't know why anyone would want to see a Black Sabbath reunion. The guys might be alive, but they're not the same people anymore.
    they're legends and they're on my concert bucket list, even if they are way past their prime.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

At 11:11 am on 11/11/11 I will not be reading this thread.

old school

FWIW, 2 members are 62 and the other 2 are 63.

Interesssssting that the Oz chose that date and time being that he was/is into occult symbology and all

Symbology Of The Number 11 (11:11)
    Submitted by Rik Clay Tribute on 2 August, 2006 - 00:04. 11 11:11 Numerology Symbol Literacy

Originally posted by Rik Clay on The Cosmic Mind Blogspot (No Longer Available). Posted here as a tribute to Rik Clay and his work.

With the number 11 appearing frequently throughout my studies, I felt the following introduction / summary may eliminate the need to repeat myself thus allowing new-comers and regular readers alike to quickly be brought up to speed.

The facts:

11: In the Universe

On 11th August 1999 at 11:11am there was a total solar eclipse observed throughout Europe
    21st December 2012 at 11:11am is the winter solstice of the final day of the Mayan calendar
    The current astrological sign of the zodiac is Pisces, we are currently moving into Aquarius - the 11th sign of the zodiac
    21st December 2012 = 21/12/2012 = 2+1+1+2+2+0+1+2 = 11
    The sunspot cycle lasts 11 years - the next one peaking in 2012.

11: Pyramid Numerology

11:11 x 11:11 = 1234321 (Numerical sequence ascending and descending in the fashion of a pyramid)
    111 x 111 = 12321 (Pyramid number)
    11 x 11 = 121 (Another pyramid number)
    11 = 3 in binary arithmetic. 3 makes the cornerstones of the Trinity or pyramid
    11: 9/11
    The World Trade Centre stood like an '11'
    9 + 1 + 1 = 11
    September 11th is the 254th day of the year. 2+5+4 = 11
    September 11th was 111 days until the end of the year
    The 1st plane to hit the World Trade Centre was 'Flight 11'
    Total crew on Flight 11 was '11'
    New York is the 11th state of the US Constitution
    September 11th 2001 stands '11' years from 2012 (Note that in the Mayan calendar, it was said that there would be 20 years of 'no-time'. A period of unrest where the planet is making a transition from one age to another. 9/11 stood 9 years from the start of this 'no-time' and 11 years from the end.)
    The World Trade Centre was built between 1966 to 1977... taking 11 years
    11: September 11th In History

On September 11th 1990 at 9.09PM, 11 years prior to September 11th 2001, George Bush Senior made a speech to Congress entitled "Toward A New World Order":
    "A new partnership of nations has begun, and we stand today at a unique and extraordinary moment. The crisis in the Persian Gulf, as grave as it is, also offers a rare opportunity to move toward an historic period of cooperation. Out of these troubled times, our fifth objective—a new world order—can emerge."

On September 11th 1941, 60 years prior to September 11th 2001, the soil was broken and the foundations set for "The Pentagon" in Washington DC
    A book written in 1981, 20 years prior to the 2001 attacks, called "The Birth of Christ Recalculated". The author, Dr. Ernest L. Martin, claims to have calculated the exact date of Jesus Christ's birth based on the celestial charts for that era. The date of Christ's birth, based on the famous Star of Bethlehem, is calculated to be September 11, 3 B.C.
    According to Hebrew Scriptures September 11, 1999 was the 6,000th anniversary of Adam's creation, and year 1 on the Hebrew calendar
    11: Significant Days

Remembrance Day - Two minutes of silence at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month (11:00 am, 11 November), supposedly marking the time (in the United Kingdom) when armistice became effective.
    11: Significant Events

The first NASA space mission to successful land two men on the moon was Apollo 11
    Hurricane Katrina was recorded as "Storm #11". Hurricane
    Katrina's wikipedia page states:
    On August 28, 11 counties and eleven cities issued evacuation orders, a number which increased to 41 counties and 61 cities by the following morning

To coincide, NASA's Hurricane Katrina page states:

"The storm formed late on August 23 and developed quickly into a tropical storm by 11 a.m. the next morning."

Uri Geller stopped Big Ben at 11.11 AM GMT 30th April 1997 (a hoax in my opinion, but feel free to research)
    11: Royalty
    A google search into the etymology of the word "crown" establishes it was derived from the Anglo-French word "coroune" in the year 1111.
    "1111, from Anglo-Fr. coroune, from O.Fr. corone, from L. corona "crown""

11: Religion
    Jesus Christ = 11 letters
    11: Sport
    There are 11 players in a football team. A football game becomes 11:11.
    There are 11 players in a cricket team. Again, 11:11.
    11: A summary (to be continued)
    The number 11 finds itself embedded in the very fabric of existence. Observed in both the heavens and in the workings of shadowy world rulers, there are three schools of thought as to how this could be:

The first points towards a series of 'inevitable events' deep rooted in the fabric of material existence. Fate so to speak and that the universe is playing out its script.
    The second speculates that 'the powers that be' have realised the significance of the number 11 in our ancient past and hijacked it for their own gain.
    The third leads to an assumption that the pyramid builders, are the same people in control today, and have used the number 11 symbolically throughout recorded history. Could it be that this 'intelligence' at work, created the solar system (so as to explain the connections between the number 11 and the universe) or is it simply working to a universal numerical code?
    The above information is all based on published fact, without even going into my own experiences with the numbers 11:11.

At first I held my own reservations about the significance of the number 11, until I found it work itself into my life.

Most, if not all of my knowledge and research in this blog, found its way into my life through moments where I've see an 11:11 on a digital clock, on the microwave or on the TV. Of late, these have taken a new form, including full blown audible 11:11's from random members of the general public and arrangements of seemingly random objects forming something greater than just coincidence.

11:11 has come to signify a change in consciousness or at least the exposure of a new reality. Puzzling to say the least, but exciting - definitely!

how incredibly uninteresting.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Cool story, bro, but as any metal enthusiast will tell you, war is deep and shit.

Either that or Ozzy is going to take on Herman Cain with his bold 11/11/11 plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

I thought they were already reunited.
    So...yeah.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Having seen both Ozzy & Dio Sabbath in recent years, this won't even come close.

Black Sabbath in 2004 and 2005 at Ozzfest was pretty great for their age. I cant picture a 2011 Black Sabbath being remotely good. Not with Wards health and Ozzys voice.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

how incredibly uninteresting.
    I disagree. Numbers are fascinating and 11/11/11 is very exciting to me. A Black Sabbath reunion, not so much. Just my .

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I disagree. Numbers are fascinating and 11 year olds are very exciting to me. A Black Sabbath reunion, not so much. Just my .
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Nice work, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Fixed.
    HA

Just posting a blog i found.. if you think its childish so be it ... I will continue to post childish things. So will you keep following my posts with a childish retort or will you act like an adult (because that is the unofficial rule on these boardz according to TomAz).........or will you just put me on ignore wise one?

Btw,
    this young man Rik Clay that was speaking in the YouTube interviews committed "suicide" (murdered more like it) shortly after that interview, where he went on to discuss/expose the upcoming 2012 London Olympics which is why people think he was murdered. Why would this young man suddenly off himself ?? was he really just a man that couldn't handle his view on the world?

Is his 1111 theory all hogwashh maybe.. maybe not. It could all be just post-hoc reasoning or what not

LoL how I seem to work you up TomAz

Btw, heres a couple more just for you TomAz

Oslo Norway shooting - July 22, 2011 - 7+2+2=11 2011 therefore 1111

7/7 London bombings - 52 people dead plus 4 bombers 5+2+4=11

Royal Wedding Prince William and Kate Middleton - 4/29/11 = 2+9=11
    Last edited by ByTheWay,; 11-09-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Illuminati
    HA they are at the bottom of the Pyramid buddy MICKEYS THE DAMN BOSS

So I guess I'm the only one excited to get another chance to see Sabbath.

Illuminati
    I11uminati