Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 2749

Thread: Outside Lands 2012

  1. #151

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    60k. 75k tops.
    The article said there were 180,000 people for all of the days. So thats 60,000 each day on average. Since Saturday had more people than Friday, and way more people than Sunday, thats where I'm figuring 80,000 to 90,000. There were so many more people at the Black Keys than what I saw for Phish. I was happy that Sunday was light because it was easier to get up close for the best day of music.

  2. #152
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,476

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    It doesn't matter. The same questions and conversations will be rehashed, and rehashed, and rehashed again.
    Arrest me then Guedita, thread super cop.

  3. #153
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    60k. 75k tops.
    Think about this though, is there any info anywhere that supports their ability to have that many people in the park during any respective day of the fest? 90k would probably be hell for OSL.

  4. #154
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    It doesn't matter. The same questions and conversations will be rehashed, and rehashed, and rehashed again.
    This board's theme song.

  5. #155

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Think about this though, is there any info anywhere that supports their ability to have that many people in the park during any respective day of the fest? 90k would probably be hell for OSL.
    You're fucking kidding right? Hardly Strictly Bluegrass has 250,000 per day in the same place with only two medium size stages and fields added.

  6. #156
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    So comparing something thats free vs something that costs money actually makes the argument for limiting the capacity ridiculous?




    Radiohead
    The Beach Boys
    Some other band.....

  7. #157

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So comparing something thats free vs something that costs money actually makes the argument for limiting the capacity ridiculous?




    Radiohead
    The Beach Boys
    Some other band.....
    Whatever, I guess I didn't understand your comment. It sounded like you were talking about the capacity in the park and 90k being hellish. I was just stating that the park handles 250k festivals.

    Didn't you say that Radiohead is going to be in Australia then?

    But I would be happy with Radiohead and Beach Boys. If that was the case, I would imagine they would skew younger with a third headliner.

  8. #158
    old school zimmy1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    2,683

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    like Neil Younger?

  9. #159

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    like Neil Younger?
    Zing!

  10. #160
    Member andyforpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    golden gate park
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Radiohead
    The Beach Boys
    Some other band.....
    So you're sayin there's a chance?? Haha ill have my fingers crossed. With the beach boys playing the Greek on 6/1, would you say they're out? Also, jack white's tour dates dont include any west coast dates yet, so there's a possibility. Found a cool video on neil young's page http://www.neilyoung.com/.

    Details of this 38 min jam session can be found here http://m.thetyee.ca/ArtsAndCulture/2...g-Crazy-Horse/
    Last edited by andyforpeace; 02-17-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival

  11. #161

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Beach boys will play the Greek in June = not at OSL

  12. #162
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    yes, theyre out. but how was i supposed to know they would announce tour dates so early.

  13. #163

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Dave Matthews is playing Mountain View,CA on September 9th. I honestly think we dodged a bullet with that one. They could have been the jammy headliner which would have sucked.

  14. #164
    Member hurtnandez89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Dave Matthews is playing Mountain View,CA on September 9th. I honestly think we dodged a bullet with that one. They could have been the jammy headliner which would have sucked.
    DMB just headlined OSL in 09. I dont think they would repeat that soon.

  15. #165
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Indeed. I'm not even counting on RH being the headliner, since they were one so recently.


    But, then again...they *are* as close to an ATM machine as any live act going right now.

  16. #166
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    ^Truth. Though I certainly don't see Ranger Dave repeating headliners after only four years later. I'm hoping for something completely out of leftfield, but we all know that Dave isn't much of an outfielder, so . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

  17. #167
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    So is "Ranger Dave" actually a thing now, or is that your cute way of anthropomorphizing Another Planet? Either way, I would be more than thrilled if "Dave" has mined the same vein of talent he did for Sunday's lineup from last year. That was a damn near perfect day of music, imo.

    As for Dave's tweets....I shall do my best not to make too many snarky retorts to them as I think I may actually be friendly with the author. If, in fact, it is this person...he knows who I am on here.

  18. #168

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    Indeed. I'm not even counting on RH being the headliner, since they were one so recently.


    But, then again...they *are* as close to an ATM machine as any live act going right now.
    Yeah, it does not seem likely, especially with their expected tour plans. However, if there was ever a possibility for a return headliner it would probably be Radiohead because they are such a big draw right now and they were their first ever headliner.

    But I'm really drawing blanks on who the headliners would be. Is it time that a hip-hop headliner makes it? Maybe Stevie Wonder as headliner? Can Phoenix make the jump to headliner status with the new album being as big as Wolfgang or more appropriately El Camino?

  19. #169
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    Indeed. I'm not even counting on RH being the headliner, since they were one so recently.


    But, then again...they *are* as close to an ATM machine as any live act going right now.
    Wll considering they were on the first one, and this is the 5th, thats not too terrible. BUT, its probably not happening anyway.

  20. #170
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    No way Phoenix can headline. I mean, OSL is not (yet) in a position to be as much of a risk-taker as Coachella, are they? Plus, I just don't see them having headliner draw. Keep in mind that "Brothers" not only was a big commercial success, it had the grammys behind it as well (fwiw).

    Stevie Wonder is a good call. The rumor is that they tried to get him to fill the Beastie Boys spot when they dropped out. Other than him, I'm kind of stumped. I'd like to see Sigur Ros there, but again...don't see them as a headliner either.

  21. #171

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Could Coldplay be a possiblitly this year, since everyone thought they were gonna be at Coachella. Their tour dates are free around the festival...

  22. #172
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster3000 View Post
    Could Coldplay be a possiblitly this year, since everyone thought they were gonna be at Coachella. Their tour dates are free around the festival...
    How are they free? Theyre in Minnesota Aug 11.....................

  23. #173
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,851

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster3000 View Post
    Could Coldplay be a possiblitly this year, since everyone thought they were gonna be at Coachella. Their tour dates are free around the festival...
    Yeah because Outside Lands totally feels obligated to make up for acts Coachella didn't book...
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

  24. #174
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Yeah because Outside Lands totally feels obligated to make up for acts Coachella didn't book...
    Oh right, so when OSL shared headliners with Coachella, it was wrong of them?

  25. #175

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    I feel like Jack White and Beck might be likely subheadliners, but they don't seem to be headliner worthy yet either.

  26. #176
    Member Ride a Tire!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    es eff
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    No way Phoenix can headline. I mean, OSL is not (yet) in a position to be as much of a risk-taker as Coachella, are they? Plus, I just don't see them having headliner draw. Keep in mind that "Brothers" not only was a big commercial success, it had the grammys behind it as well (fwiw).
    Phoenix won the exact same Grammy that Black Keys did the year before. And they have as much drawing power as Arcade Fire (as far as recent OSL headliners and drawing power), easily. I don't see why Phoenix couldn't, to be honest.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

  27. #177
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    OSL isn't known to be that forward thinking with headliners, especially one they would ''elevate'' to that status. So yeah, I dont think they would chance it.

  28. #178
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,476

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    I think Phoenix is waiting to be announced as a Coachella headliner next January. If I were them I wouldn't blow my load on OSL. Stay rare for now, build the hype.

  29. #179
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    Are they Daft Punk now?

  30. #180
    Member andyforpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    golden gate park
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

    The flaming lips? Maybe too soon for a return since they just played last night, but damn! Last night was a great reminder of how great they can be.
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival

Similar Threads

  1. Outside Lands DJ Mix
    By indecipherable in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
  2. Outside Lands 3-Day Pass
    By MidnightSIX in forum Passes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 06:27 PM
  3. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 12:43 PM
  4. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 09:55 AM
  5. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •