Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside Lands 2012

Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

there is an extended stay america hotel right after you get over the bay bridge. the location looks really sketchy but they have a pretty secure parking lot and beds. i booked a last minute (on the border of sleeping in a car last minute) hotel for 80$. no bugs or bedbugs when i stayed but i have read reviews claiming otherwise.

i'm sure that their rates will go up because of the weekend, but it is worth a shot if you don't mind the 15 minute drive to the park.

edit:
    Last edited by k9000; 04-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Has anyone taken the shuttles to Bill Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Has anyone taken the shuttles to Bill Graham?
    I took the shuttles last year and they seemed like the best option. Our hotel was a few blocks from Bill Graham, and I think the shuttles ran every 15 minutes or so. Most I ever waited was 10 minutes. It beats the $140 parking and fighting the traffic. I already booked a room next to it again.

I got a parking pass last year and carpooled with 7 others, so it ended up being about 20 bucks each and it was definitely the way to go

I'm trying to decide whether to go this year or to the Sigur Ros show at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on the 12th. They'd be my number 1 for the weekend and the amount of names billed above Sigur Ros really makes me nervous that they will play a short day set. Has anyone ever seen them play live outside of a festival atmosphere? How long is their set usually?

THE KILLS!! if they dont play one of those night shows im gonna stab somebody

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bowie View Post
    I'm trying to decide whether to go this year or to the Sigur Ros show at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on the 12th. They'd be my number 1 for the weekend and the amount of names billed above Sigur Ros really makes me nervous that they will play a short day set. Has anyone ever seen them play live outside of a festival atmosphere? How long is their set usually?
    I would say they would get a decent size festival set. They are probably going to be the headliner on the Twin Peaks stage going up against the Main Stage headliner. Last year that spot ranged from 1hr 10mins to 1hr 30 mins. Also, they are on the second line of the poster, and anyone on the second line last year got the same 1hr 10 mins to 1hr 30 mins.

I'm sorry, I've never done this before, but are single day passes ever available or do you need to do the full 3-days?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I would say they would get a decent size festival set. They are probably going to be the headliner on the Twin Peaks stage going up against the Main Stage headliner. Last year that spot ranged from 1hr 10mins to 1hr 30 mins. Also, they are on the second line of the poster, and anyone on the second line last year got the same 1hr 10 mins to 1hr 30 mins.
    That's fair. Thanks! I'm also now taking comfort knowing that Neil Young and Sigur Ros will be playing different days so that conflict will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    I'm sorry, I've never done this before, but are single day passes ever available or do you need to do the full 3-days?
    last year they waited a bit before doing the single day passes but so far they've always done them. No guarantees this year yet though.

Stevie Wonder is one of the artists on my "hope to see them before they retire/die" list, but if he's playing at the same time as Grandaddy, his ass is staying on that list. For me, nothing will conflict with Grandaddy.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Stevie Wonder is one of the artists on my "hope to see them before they retire/die" list, but if he's playing at the same time as Grandaddy, his ass is staying on that list. For me, nothing will conflict with Grandaddy.
    Love it.

Stevie is good, but he tours every couple of years, so not really a "can't miss" artist IMO, except of course that he's starting to get up there in years. When I've seen him, his set list actually was not very good. Too heavy on the cheesy 80's ballads.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Stevie is good, but he tours every couple of years, so not really a "can't miss" artist IMO, except of course that he's starting to get up there in years. When I've seen him, his set list actually was not very good. Too heavy on the cheesy 80's ballads.

Well obviously he can't see the current trends of music.

oh oh watch out Metallica fans!

We are overwhelmed and totally blown away by the love from our friends in Mexico City who gave us a record six sold out shows totaling over 100,000 tickets at the Sports Palace this coming August. Never in our wildest imagination did we think we would be posting this news story... TWO more shows have been added to the run!! That's right . . . eight nights in one of our favorite cities with some our craziest, most out of control fans on the planet!

The two additional shows will be July 28 and 30 and these Mexico City shows will be the world debut of our massive new stage show including elements from our entire 30 years of touring and marking the beginning of a new era in Metalli-shows... you will definitely need to see it to believe it!

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    How the fuck does skrillex get to play twice at this festival? I want to hurl a 9volt at his face.
    He's never played this festival , but feel free to hurl anything you please at him. I'm dreaming that they give him a daytime set so he can blame the sun got his fuck ups
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival

Quote Originally Posted by blitzerdog View Post
    Well obviously he can't see the current trends of music.
    Hah.
    Well, you know I just meant, he has a lot better songs to pull from his catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by andyforpeace View Post
    He's never played this festival , but feel free to hurl anything you please at him. I'm dreaming that they give him a daytime set so he can blame the sun got his fuck ups
    He is playing twice this year. His other shit project is the M machine.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Was hoping to try something else later in the summer but this is too appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Guys, I'm starting a OSL logistics thread. No offense, as us locals truly enjoy hosting you out-of-towners, but the Q&A that happens *each-and-every-year* is tiresome and clogs the thread up.

I will include links to the other OSL threads on the board, which have all/most of your answers contained within. Just use the "search this thread" feature and you will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge already laid out right at your fingertips.

So, if people could please take the hotels/transportation/which restaurant/rideshare/other logistical, non-music based discussion there, it would be much appreciated by all.

Outside Lands Festival logistics thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by k9000 View Post
    edit:
    So excited!

I'm Shakin'
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Hah.
    Well, you know I just meant, he has a lot better songs to pull from his catalogue.
    Did he play Jesus Children of America? I would go apeshit if I heard that song live

This might be useful for some people.

http://www.golden-gate-park.com/hote...gate-park.html

Added to the logistics thread. Feel free to PM me this stuff, as we move that discussion off of this thread. Cheers.

Geezr, good call. I thought of that same thing. Those questions come up CONSTANTLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

it's amazing to me how many extremely strong bands are the very bottom of this line up. This fest has no filler.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie

Other than Metallica.

i was really hoping to see crystal castles, hot chip and/or frank ocean on the bill. that would have been really awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    He is playing twice this year. His other shit project is the M machine.
    Fuck me!
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival