Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8586878889909192 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 2749

Thread: Outside Lands 2012

Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

The talking was irritating at times and I found myself moving once or twice...but looking back, it seems unrealistic to expect everyone to STFU.

haha I could see that being obnoxious. The only issue I had with people talking was during Sigur Ros, but I only seemed to notice it between their songs. It was a cacophony of adult charlie brown voices. I wanted to complain to my gf about the people talking but I remembered the no talking rule and I didn't want to be part of the problem, so I had to wait until after the show was over.

Quote Originally Posted by breathewithme View Post
    The talking was irritating at times and I found myself moving once or twice...but looking back, it seems unrealistic to expect everyone to STFU.
    I've considered making a "STFU" shirt to bring to concerts. Maybe "STFU" stickers or other swag I can hand out to the chatty types.

But yea, moving is almost always an option, unless you're close and packed in... in which case, why would anyone waste their time being physically uncomfortable if all they want to do is chat?

the coffee alone was a mystical experience. anyone have a link for the coffee co. near the main stage?

Didn't see it but I'm guessing Philz

http://www.philzcoffee.com/

yes! thanks, damn fine coffee.

Iced mint mojito w/ Jameson is the jam!
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival

Quote Originally Posted by eturnol View Post
    My schedule:

FRIDAY = Tanlines > Wallpaper > Reggie Watts > Fitz and the Tantrums > YACHT > Beck > Of Monsters and Men > Antibalas > MSTRKRFT > Neil Young > Justice
    SATURDAY = Zola Jesus > Animal Kingdom > Tame Impala > Father John Misty > Portugal the Man > Mimosa > Grandaddy > The Kills > Passion Pit > Metallica > Sigur Ros
    SUNDAY = Franz Ferdinand > Amadou and Miriam > Electric Guest > Santigold > Jack White > Bloc Party > Stevie Wonder
    This is pretty much impossible to do without missing most of each set, especially on Friday where you said you saw 11 sets. Its just not possible. This festival is three to four hours less per day than Coachella, so even if you get there early and leave at the end, the best you can do is 6-8 full or mostly full sets. At a certain point in time you just have to realize that if you get 6-8 full or mostly full sets then you are doing good especially if you want to get food or a drink at some point in time. I got 6.5 sets on Friday, 6.5 on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday. But I also got to each stage, checked out winelands, beerlands, comedy tent, dj tent, Jack White secret show, and plenty of good food.

They just need to add some speakers/video screens and a couple more bathrooms and the fest would be top notch. A couple more strategically placed speakers and you wouldn't be able to hear all the talkers unless you are in the way back. One stone - two birds.

Oh, and whoever posted that youtube showing how to sneak in sealed water bottles full of vodka - Thank you very much. I think I saved at least $200 this year because of that. Cheers!

I just used those shitty nestle water bottles . The seal doesn't move even after you open it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    This is pretty much impossible to do without missing most of each set, especially on Friday where you said you saw 11 sets. Its just not possible. This festival is three to four hours less per day than Coachella, so even if you get there early and leave at the end, the best you can do is 6-8 full or mostly full sets. At a certain point in time you just have to realize that if you get 6-8 full or mostly full sets then you are doing good especially if you want to get food or a drink at some point in time. I got 6.5 sets on Friday, 6.5 on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday. But I also got to each stage, checked out winelands, beerlands, comedy tent, dj tent, Jack White secret show, and plenty of good food.
    !
    It's really not impossible at all. I split sets 50/50 if there's a conflict seeing about 30 minutes of each. Ill catch the full set of my top 3-5 acts of that day. It's really easy to do at coachella and I can see 17 -20 bands per day without any trouble. Oh, but I almost never eat and rarely have to go to the bathroom at coachella because it either gets flushed out as sweat or reabsorbs hahahaha. I definitely drank and ate at outside lands, but we are really efficient at getting food and going to the bathroom (splitting up, one gets beer while the other gets food, etc). We rarely get lost now when splitting up. We used to 10 years ago.

I'll admit Friday I was not able to do exactly what I wanted, but that was because I didn't know the layout of the park or what area of the stage was the best to sneak up to the front. My wife also wanted to check out the food and stuff that day. By Sunday tho I had figured it out. Leave during the final song in the set. Go to the bathroom Or get food before the rush, then briskly walk to the next stage. I'll admit I had to run from the main stage to twin peaks once or twice. I run marathons so I have a lot of energy. I also decided to avoid the clusterfuck that was the Sutro stage after Friday, and rearranged my schedule to a nice panhandle / twin peaks schedule where I could. Do things like that and 11 bands per day is easy
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

Yes talkers do suck. However if a group of people each buy a ticket only to spend it talking during the sets instead of listening to them, well then that's their stupid decision. All we can do is move 5 feet away in any direction and ignore them. Or get some ear plugs to help with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

old school

I had amazing coffee at Weavers in San Rafael. The Weaver house blend coffee with shot of espresso definitely had me weaving. Their caramel chocolate apple breakfast bars were to die for also. I' m going to order some of their house blend for the pantry.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by eturnol View Post
    It's really not impossible at all. I split sets 50/50 if there's a conflict seeing about 30 minutes of each. Ill catch the full set of my top 3-5 acts of that day. It's really easy to do at coachella and I can see 17 -20 bands per day without any trouble. Oh, but I almost never eat and rarely have to go to the bathroom at coachella because it either gets flushed out as sweat or reabsorbs hahahaha. I definitely drank and ate at outside lands, but we are really efficient at getting food and going to the bathroom (splitting up, one gets beer while the other gets food, etc). We rarely get lost now when splitting up. We used to 10 years ago.

I'll admit Friday I was not able to do exactly what I wanted, but that was because I didn't know the layout of the park or what area of the stage was the best to sneak up to the front. My wife also wanted to check out the food and stuff that day. By Sunday tho I had figured it out. Leave during the final song in the set. Go to the bathroom Or get food before the rush, then briskly walk to the next stage. I'll admit I had to run from the main stage to twin peaks once or twice. I run marathons so I have a lot of energy. I also decided to avoid the clusterfuck that was the Sutro stage after Friday, and rearranged my schedule to a nice panhandle / twin peaks schedule where I could. Do things like that and 11 bands per day is easy
    Well more power to you. I don't have marathon stamina so you got me there. Sounds like you had a plan. The problem with seeing so many sets is like you said, you have to leave during the last songs and run to stages and its a less enjoyable experience IMO. But we all have our methods.
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 08-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Well more power to you. I don't have marathon stamina so you got me there. Sounds like you had a plan. The problem with seeing so many sets is like you said, you have to leave during the last songs and run to stages and its a less enjoyable experience IMO. But we all have our methods.
    translate;
    yeah ill be amicable, but on the inside I think you're a moron. lol

edit I especially like the we all have our methods It's an indirect attack on the if your not seeing tons of bands each day your doing it wrong

eturnol you suck at festing idc how long youve bee using your shitty method
    Last edited by MostlyMellow; 08-18-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    I understand where some people are coming from in that they spent a boatload of money to attend this festival and when their expectations aren't met they feel disappointed. However I look at it this way: I put in the time and money commitment to have a great fucking time and that is exactly what I am going to do. I am not going to let certain expectations of mine that are not met detract in anyway from me having a great weekend, where I get to see great music with great friends, in one of the most beautiful parks in the world in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
    so you have such an attitude you can have a blast in the desert. I have a good time does that mean you lie about it and say its on par with your best weekends. i can drive to that park in two hours.ive seen coachella,EDC,Lollapalooza, this fest isnt even in the same galaxy. Dont say you had a great weekend,weve all been to coachella thats a great weekend
    Last edited by MostlyMellow; 08-18-2012 at 02:46 AM.

The only question I have is, how is the transportation getting back from Sunset?? I remember being stuck out there for what felt like forever waiting for the N in the inaugural year.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    translate;
    yeah ill be amicable, but on the inside I think you're a moron. lol

edit I especially like the we all have our methods It's an indirect attack on the if your not seeing tons of bands each day your doing it wrong

eturnol you suck at festing idc how long youve bee using your shitty method
    Ahhhhh comments like this remind why I don't post on coachella's message boards even though I've been going to Coachella for 12 years. I've never understood where the hate and anger comes from.
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

Shuttle pass was well worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    so you have such an attitude you can have a blast in the desert. I have a good time does that mean you lie about it and say its on par with your best weekends. i can drive to that park in two hours.ive seen coachella,EDC,Lollapalooza, this fest isnt even in the same galaxy. Dont say you had a great weekend,weve all been to coachella thats a great weekend
    I noticed you posted this after 2 AM, I am assuming you are drunk (for your sake I really hope you are drunk) . When you get sober I want you to read what you wrote here because it makes no sense. I've already wasted enough time trying to decipher this incomprehensible gibberish but what I think you're trying to say is that because Coachella is the better fest (I agree), one cannot have as good of a time at a lesser festival (I disagree). I had a great time at both thank you very much, now please refrain from ever again insinuating that I am a liar and telling me where and when I can have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    The only question I have is, how is the transportation getting back from Sunset?? I remember being stuck out there for what felt like forever waiting for the N in the inaugural year.
    It was alright. We took the 38 the first day and only waited about 30-45 minutes. Second day we took the 31 back and only waited like 20 minutes and we were able to get a seat. Third day we had a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by breathewithme View Post
    yes! thanks, damn fine coffee.
    and HOT!

Yeah I got a free shuttle pass for Saturday/Sunday because a friends dad only went to see Neil on Friday. The shuttle is so much better than being cramped into a fucking muni car for 45 minutes twice a day. On Friday a girl passed out on our train on the way to the fest, her party must've started early.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I liked the shuttle too and it dropped you off right at the entrance to the festival. Well worth the money!

I have to admit after OSL, I wouldn't mind Neil Young headlining Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

old school

I really hope they add some LED screens to the Sutro & Twin Peaks stages next year. Some d&b audioteknik sound instead of Meyer would be better all around also.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Agreed. His set was the biggest surprise of the weekend for me. I didn't expect them to play such a dark and captivating set.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

I was not a fan before OSL, and now I am definitely interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    I noticed you posted this after 2 AM, I am assuming you are drunk (for your sake I really hope you are drunk) . When you get sober I want you to read what you wrote here because it makes no sense. I've already wasted enough time trying to decipher this incomprehensible gibberish but what I think you're trying to say is that because Coachella is the better fest (I agree), one cannot have as good of a time at a lesser festival (I disagree). I had a great time at both thank you very much, now please refrain from ever again insinuating that I am a liar and telling me where and when I can have a great time.
    I think I understood his point and I agree. Your point of view ("I have a great time at every music festival I go to. I dislike complaints" to paraphrase) is boring at best and hurtful at worst to lurkers like me.

I'm looking at this board to compare and contrast festivals so I can make decisions about which ones I want to attend. Your attitude of 'all fests I attend are awesome' is actively unhelpful to me, as is insulting people that have complaints about the festival. He's saying you know Coachella is much, much better then OL. You even agree with his point, without realizing that if everyone wrote about festivals with your sense of 'it was great' faux positive energy, no one that hasn't been would know that.

Before I travel a lot of miles and spend a lot of money, I'd like to know if, say, Coachella blows this fest out of the water and why. And... I'm not drunk. :-)
    Last edited by assorted; 08-22-2012 at 12:39 PM.

You should go to Coachella but with your attitude, it's likely your money would be better spent elsewhere.

My recordings from that weekend:

Beck (missing first song): http://www.mediafire.com/?3tkzjdze77shhrr
    Foo Fighters: http://www.mediafire.com/?l441flu671nj8c6
    Metallica: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vae2b9
    Franz Ferdinand: http://www.mediafire.com/?dsntgd8tx8cdyoy
    Electric Guest: http://www.mediafire.com/?p0zu9oz9rfzcotz
    Stevie Wonder: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9lcbim

(these are all MP3's...if you want FLACs, look on DIME, I'll be putting them all up on there - outside of Metallica of course)