Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2749

Thread: Outside Lands 2012

Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Are you asking if there is a cover charge to enter the area with beer? I'm going to guess not.

Yeah, that was my assumption until I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Are the Beerlands and Winelands going to shre the same tickets or are you going to have to buy separate tickets for each? There is only a few ones from each that interest me a lot so I would hope the tickets work at both.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Doubt it. The wine areas are free to enter, you buy drink tickets that can be used in different monetary combinations as not all of the wines are the same price. I assume they'll do the same with the beer area. Would be really nice if the tickets were interchangeable.
    Ah this makes more sense, Unit was probably referring to the drink tickets.

Tickets to buy drinks, not tickets for the area. The individual booths are cashless.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    You can have mine!
    Pm'd

I just found out my sister and brother-in-law are going to OSL.... I'm trying to decide if i want to make a last minute decision to go. Ahh decisions decisions.

selling a ticket to the MSTRKRFT/M Machine afterparty at the independent, its sold out- message me

How much?

I got my 3 day Outside Lands ticket today . I have an extra MSTRKRFT ticket too.
    12/18 & 19- Dillon Francis, Fox Theater
    12/31- Chromeo, Fort Mason
    1/28- Knife Party, Mezzanine
    2/1- RL Grime, Catalyst
    2/7- London Grammar, Fox Theater
    2/13- Breakbot, Mezzanine
    2/14- Crush, Bill Graham
    3/20- OK GO, Catalyst
    4/16- Alt-J, Greek Theater
    3/25- Echosmith, Regency Ballroom
    5/19- U2, SAP Center
    5/20- Lana Del Ray, Shoreline
    8/17- Taylor Swift, Levi's Stadium
    9/16- Foo Fighters, Shoreline

So ready!

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    selling a ticket to the MSTRKRFT/M Machine afterparty at the independent, its sold out- message me
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastlesFreak View Post
    I have an extra MSTRKRFT ticket too.
    How much are you willing to pay me?

No way in hell Jack White is after Stevie. And I'm only basing this on the fact that I think Jack would have issues agreeing to being after him. I love Jack White as much as anyone else on this board but lets be honest, it's Stevie Wonder, he is closing the stage.

So do you think the bands know what day other bands are playing when they agree to play a festival? I'm sure they know what day they are going to play but yeah. I mean Neil, Foo's, Beck all in the same day. If Beck or Foo's knew the other two were going to play the same day would they have agreed? Obviously money matters so take it out of the equation.

Are the Beerlands and Winelands going to shre the same tickets or are you going to have to buy separate tickets for each? There is only a few ones from each that interest me a lot so I would hope the tickets work at both.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/the-scene/...-55081627.html

Upset that you spent $225.50 to see the Beastie Boys perform and now they're not coming to Outside Lands? Even angrier that Tenacious D is taking their place? You're not alone.

The always entertaining M.I.A. feels your pain. The British singer took to her Twitter account to rant about having to open for Jack Black and his lovable fat friend Kyle Gass instead of the famed hip hop trio.

The singer said the only reason she signed on to the three day San Francisco festival was to open for the Beastie Boys, who canceled their tour because member Adam Yauch was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor. And now she can't get out of the performance and she is upset.

To highlight her anger, M.I.A. tweeted about her frustration to her 66,000 followers in all caps.

"CANT BELIEVE THEY REPLACED BEASTIES WITH TENACIOUS D ??????????????????????AND IF I PULL OUT THEY SUE! SO REALLY? TENACIOUS D AFTER ME ?" @_M_I_A_ tweeted.

She continued, "P.S I ORIGINALLY BOOKED ON SHOWS COZ BEASTIES WERE HEADLINERS , BUT NOW THEY AINT DOING IT AND I JUS WANNA SAY , WE HAVE TO GO HARD!!!"

SFist questions what having to "go hard" means and the singer might have explained herself when she threatened to inflict concert goers with bird flu "JUS TO MAKE A POINT" and by welcoming everyone to join her protest by rushing the stage.
    fuckin' with the lights on

Anyone who thinks playing before Tenacious D is an insult needs to have their pubic hair ripped out. They would've let you play afterward M.I.A. but the audience would've had their faces blown off at that point.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

It looks like they beefed up the comedy/barbary tent line-up. Specifically Todd Barry, Reggie Watts, and the Eric Andre Show. Fuck yeah.

HAHA I remember going to San Diego Street Scene in 2009 when Beasties were supposed to headline but cancelled and MIA replaced them as the headliner. Her performance was miserably bad. I haven't ever seen Tenacious D but they'd have to be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    It looks like they beefed up the comedy/barbary tent line-up. Specifically Todd Barry, Reggie Watts, and the Eric Andre Show. Fuck yeah.
    And David Cross, Chris Hardwick and Kristen Schaal (and Neil Patrick Harris if that's your thing).

Seriously, how has this fest not sold out. They are doing everything right this year.

Was robbed of all my valuables last night. probably going to have to sell my ticket, is anyone looking for one for $215?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

If anyone is interested in a shuttle pass let me know. I will sell it for $20, it's an eticket from ticketmaster so can just email it to you.

An Esurance Shuttle Pass guarantees roundtrip transportation from Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in the heart of San Francisco, to the entrance of Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival in Golden Gate Park. The Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, adjacent to Civic Center Plaza, is conveniently located near BART, MUNI and Caltrain.

So Sigur Ros into Metallica with Norah Jones closing the twin peaks stage on Saturday? I thought for sure Sigur Ros would have closed the twin peaks but now not so sure.
    Sigur Ros could still easily close Twin Peaks. Sigur Ros vs. Metallica would actually be a really appropriate conflict. Norah Jones is very famous and less esoteric than Sigur Ros, so I can see her being on the main stage before Metallica. It'd be an odd transition, but look at Saturday's bill: anyone would be a weird transition. I'm really hoping Sigur Ros closes the Twin Peaks.

Jack White into Stevie Wonder on the main with Skrillex closing Twin Peaks seems to be a no-brainer for Sunday.

I'm very much confused on how Friday will be coordinated. Foo Fighters into Neil Young on the main seems like a safe bet. That means Beck will probably be before Foos at like 4 PM (MGMT's slot from last year) or closing out the Twin Peaks. If the latter is true, Justice during the day would fucking suck. Hopefully they can push the shows to more like 11 this year on Fri/Sat.

MSTRKRFT during daylight on Fri would also suck...unless they do a Badu-timed night set in the Sutro again. Justice v. MSTRKRFT would be unfortunate, though: two of the weekend's three major DJ acts playing at the same time. They do really need to utilize that stage for night sets though. It would be cool if they put MSTRKRFT on Sutro Fri, Explosions on Sat...something of that nature

Yeah all I wanted was a no sigur ros metallica conflict and im not feeling to good about this.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    Yeah all I wanted was a no sigur ros metallica conflict and im not feeling to good about this.
    In the same boat as you. The top two bands I wanted to see all weekend also... But I do agree that with the idea that Sutro needs to be utilized more at night. Explosions on that stage at night would be magical.

this might be weird but it might be cool if mstrkrft had best coast's slot from last year. dusk at the panhandle. are they too famous for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bowie View Post
    MSTRKRFT during daylight on Fri would also suck...
    naw dude, that'd be a fucking rager. major lazer had a day time slot on twin peeks right before the sun went down and it was just a massive dance party

thats one of the things i like about outside lands
    all the really famous people playing in the day are just so refreshingly ominous
    day shows rule

also is the schedule coming soon?

Ominous?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Refreshingly so.

its just something you dont see every day

Beck vs. Neil Young is much more of a potentially dreadful conflict than Sigur Ros vs. Metallica.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Beck vs. Neil Young is much more of a potentially dreadful conflict than Sigur Ros vs. Metallica.
    I feel a greater chance that Justice and Neil Young will conflict than anything. Here's hoping they don't all conflict on three separate stages. :headexplodes
    -Zach