Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside Lands 2012

Default Re: Outside Lands 2012

well that was eventful. Me and 5 other buddies all tried to get tickets seperatley right at 12 and only 1 of us got a ticket. And that one person was NOT me. Craigslist here i come!

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I would be shocked if it was DMB again this year. They headlined in 09 and I feel that this festival still hasn't been around long enough to recycle headliners already. The first year headliners in 08 you could make a case for but even then. Also DMB is playing at shoreline sometime near OSL also so I'm pretty sure that would rule them out.
    thank goodness. that was the first name that came to mind. Last year was my first and I loved it but the lineup was a tad uneven, I even sold my ticket and skipped Sunday. I really really hope BECK is there though and some really good major electronic act that isnt a mau5 or girl talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

With the popularity of music festivals so high and the amount of people who wanted to go to coachella and can't , I am expecting this thing to sell out. These sold out in about five minutes.

Justice seems like a good bet since they will be in CO 8/7 with Passion Pit .
    8/30- Offspring, Shoreline
    9/4- Shiny Toy Guns, GAMH
    9/6- Feed Me, Warfield
    9/12- Porter Robinson, Bill Graham
    9/16- Drake, Shoreline
    9/18- CHVRCHES, Fox Theater
    9/20 & 21- Beyond Wonderland
    9/22 & 23- Katy Perry, SAP Center
    10/3-10/5- TBD Festival
    10/10- Snoop Dogg, Shoreline
    10/14- Kill the Noise, Catalyst
    10/24- Little Dragon, Fox Theater
    11/1 & 11/2- Day of the Dead Festival
    11/9- Hardwell, Bill Graham

oh that sounds possible.

Maybe Franz Ferdinand but I think theyre in europe all summer
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Bullshit. I just purchased two eager beavers....clicked purchased, but the checkout page timed out...yet a charge still shows up on my bank statement....i called, and TM said they would try to work on getting a pair set aside for me, but no promises. WTF????? I PURCHASED TWO tickets, the bank statement proves it...i shouldn't need to have a pair maybe set aside, i should have two tickets that ARE MINE. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Oh great, I wonder if I'll get charged for my failed transaction, too. Naturally, I paid with a credit card whose transactions only post every other day it seems, so I don't even know if this happened to me yet.

Beck / Neil Young (in some form) / Radiohead
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

and Chemical Brothers!!!

(i can dream)

ticketmaster is the devil. those tickets went fast, glad I could get one. capacity is so big for this I don't feel like the three days passes will sell out (unless the lineup is massive)

What's Prince up to lately? He'd be a blast. Neil Young and Stevie Wonder would be good ones, too.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    With the popularity of music festivals so high and the amount of people who wanted to go to coachella and can't , I am expecting this thing to sell out. These sold out in about five minutes.
    Hey, alias for Ranger Dave, why don't you tell us just how many Eager Beaver tix were put up for sale. I'm guessing it is less 1% of the total available.

Guys, don't sweat this. This is, and always has been, a cute little marketing gimmick.

I wouldn't give a shit if I had missed out...but I was on the fucking purchase page, my card was charged...and now TM says they're gathering all the orders/folks who had similar problems and will try to work this out and email/contact us soon about whether they'll have extra tickets for us, or refunds. WTF???? We fucking bought AND paid for tickets..there should be no ifs/ands/buts about whether or not they'll get us tickets, regardless if the eager beaver shit is "sold out" or not.

Well, if there are others like you and it's now a "thing," than I am sure you will be taken care of. It's not like these are a finite resource. They just give you and the others an "Eager Beaver" ticket from the pool of reg tix and make the bad PR go away. Easy resolution for them. You're fine.

Quit complaining. I never buy osl tickets through ticketmaster. Don't be a sucker. Go to the fox or the independent and get them without tax or service fees. Ends up being about the same cost as eager beaver/early bird.
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival

I wouldn't give a shit if I had missed out...but I was on the fucking purchase page, my card was charged...and now TM says they're gathering all the orders/folks who had similar problems and will try to work this out and email/contact us soon about whether they'll have extra tickets for us, or refunds. WTF???? We fucking bought AND paid for tickets..there should be no ifs/ands/buts about whether or not they'll get us tickets, regardless if the eager beaver shit is "sold out" or not.
    Maybe check your "My Ticketmaster" tab if you're registered on Ticketmaster. I know some people were having a similar issue with the checkout page timing out, but when they went to their profile on Ticketmaster it said they had the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    Unless this lineup ends up being the best of all of the US ones (doubtful), I am going to do what I've done the past two years and buy mine the week before (paid $150 for a 3-day in '10 and $40 for a Sunday last year). There's just always way more supply than demand for this one.

Btw, I bet OSL goes gay this year. I'm expecting Gossip, Fitz and the Tantrums, The Men, Atlas Sound, Grizzly Bear (I hope!), Sigur Ros (same same!) to be on the bill. Apparently, Gossip killed it at SXSW last night and have new material coming out soon. OSL could really use having them on the bill...they always show up all the other acts at fests. One of the most underrated bands out there right now, imo.
    The festival in 2010 was not 3 days
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival

When/if they do contact you, tell them to refund the "convenience" fee. Experiences like this are certainly no convenience to the buyer. It's bullshit and TM knows it. When the person who contacts you tell you he's not authorized, bump it up to their supervisor and tell them to suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by andyforpeace View Post
    Quit complaining. I never buy osl tickets through ticketmaster. Don't be a sucker. Go to the fox or the independent and get them without tax or service fees. Ends up being about the same cost as eager beaver/early bird.
    Was kinda thinking this when standing at the Fox today looking at the sign that said "online only" for the Eager Beaver. Since that box office opened a couple of years ago, I have gotten service fee free tix their during the Eager Beaver on-sale. But not today, had to get them online instead and was able to get a pair, but the $50 in fees for 2 tix sucked majorly. Bought them anyway, but I figure when they do go on-sale and are available at the Fox or Indy, I probably could've made out even and not paid TM for their service.

Logged in at noon and couldn't pull tickets on my first two attempts, then got two eager beaver tix at 12:09 PM. Acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Lucky, I tried from 12:02 - 12:20, no joy. I'm not worried, I'll just get mine from the Fox down the line.
    9/05 Sister Crayon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

So a buddy of mine works in sales for equipment for blind/low vision products. This weekend in LA is one of the bigger conferences in the industry on the west coast. It also happens to be one that Stevie Wonder always attends to look at things and see what new products there are. I just got off the phone with my friend and it just so happens that his company scheduled an appointment to spend a few hours with Stevie tomorrow. My friend said he is going to ask him about Outside Lands and any shows he has planned this up coming year. Hopefully come tomorrow night we might have or first headliner confirm/not playing known.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    So a buddy of mine works in sales for equipment for blind/low vision products. This weekend in LA is one of the bigger conferences in the industry on the west coast. It also happens to be one that Stevie Wonder always attends to look at things and see what new products there are. I just got off the phone with my friend and it just so happens that his company scheduled an appointment to spend a few hours with Stevie tomorrow. My friend said he is going to ask him about Outside Lands and any shows he has planned this up coming year. Hopefully come tomorrow night we might have or first headliner confirm/not playing known.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

^Beat me to it. I don't think Stevie sees much of anything.

And, yeah, Eric I got kind of lucky on that one.

I skipped Stevie at Glastonbury to rave at Orbital instead :-)

OK blind jokes aside, it's a figure of expression. The point is my friend is going to be spending a few hours with Stevie Wonder tomorrow and hopefully he will be able to find some shit out about his tour plans of 2012, if any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I skipped Stevie at Glastonbury to rave at Orbital instead :-)
    This . . . this doesn't make sense to my brain. I'm sure Orbital was fun, though.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Stevie is one of my top 10 shows ever - classic after classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    This . . . this doesn't make sense to my brain. I'm sure Orbital was fun, though.
    it made perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Set of the weekend

We failed at noon, then at 5:57pm we took a shot. 2 early bird tickets obtained. Y'all might give it a try.