View Poll Results: Can stupid people be friends with smart people?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not? It's about emotions and acceptance, not intellect

37 48.05%
  • No, generally not, there can never be a true personal connection when one person doesn't understand the other

23 29.87%
  • This is a stupid question, herp derp

15 19.48%
  • ah dunno

2 2.60%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can stupid people and smart people be good friends?

Default Re: Can stupid people and smart people be good friends?

You can have friendships of all types. I have some friends that are too BROey for me at times where I have to spread some distance from them; hence my comment about Deftones at Coachella being a bro-show. Guy has a good heart, but jesus, when he starts to talk all "Chicks bro and smoke me out bro, I'm soooo broke" I take a vacation.

Then you've got the friends who are such intellectuals about everything, you just want to slap them and say - HEY drink this beer, smoke this joint and don't give a fuck for a whole 5 minutes! -

A friend is someone who will be there and can chill with you, doesn't care where you are financially (for the basis of friendship); someone you can vent to who will understand your need to vent (you'll be able to do the same for them) and you can always pick it up where you left it off, even if you haven't seen each other for a good minute.

Then sometimes you just have history with people where throwing things down the garbage disposal because they said something stupid on facebook is a bit of an over reaction.

I enjoy all my circles of friendship and glad I'm not a bitter cynic, just a cynic.

It takes a lot for me not to genuinely like a person. I can hang with any personality. It's when people put out the clear energy that they don't like me that I choose to separate. Intelligence is rarely a factor.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

A lot of comments in this thread are confusing intellectualism with intelligence.

Anyway, I'm finding this question difficult. I want to say that i would have no problem being friends with a stupid person, but when i try to think of my friends, I can't pinpoint any of them as being stupid. Therefore I am not sure.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

I voted yes but not sure if the same goes for marriage. I'm lucky enough to be married to a smart woman who's so smart she sometimes allows me to think I'm smarter when the situation calls for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I certainly have friends that are dumb, not that I'm smart, but I do have friends that make me look like it. We just don't talk about certain things, same goes with family. I think it makes for a happier life knowing when to just stop listening or walk away and leave the dumbasses to bicker among themselves.
    This pretty much covers it for me...
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2014 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    I voted yes but not sure if the same goes for marriage. I'm lucky enough to be married to a smart woman who's so smart she sometimes allows me to think I'm smarter when the situation calls for it.
    That's sweet. This is how I feel with Miroir Noir most days. I excel in hands-on, self expression, artistic, and aesthetics whereas he excels in pure intellect, vast knowledge and memory--he's my living encyclopedia. Peers place me in the "intelligent" category, but I do also school in Utah...

I love my casually dumb friends. Probably the funnest friends to simply kick-back with. I also love my deep, philosophical conversations with my other friends--I'm not intellectually shallow.

I'm pretty much stupid and I don't care who knows.

so i consider myself of fair intelligence. i hate tooting my own horn.. however a person i consider to be one of the most ignorant people on the planet has walked in my door awaiting my roomate aggghhhh this is terrible...

The current state of this board is forcing me to acknowledge that no matter how hard I try to be tolerant and open minded STUPID PEOPLE FUCKING SUCK!!!!