Page 1 of 18 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2011 Secret Santa Thread -- ATP Style

Default The 2011 Secret Santa Thread -- ATP Style

ATP-Style meaning: I'll be wearing an old man sweater when I dole out the assignments. And scoffing at the lot of you.

This is the annual 2011 Secret Santa thread for whoever wants to participate.

WHAT TO DO:

1) Send an email to: 2012coachella@gmail.com with your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS. I will take on the responsibility of curating your Santa assignment; who you will be assigned to will be based on my mood and how much I like you; you will not know who your Santa is until your gift arrives.

2) Answer the questions below and post them. Your Santa will refer back to your post when he/she is trying to figure out what to get you.

3) Your Santa assignment will be sent to you on NOVEMBER 23 (in time for Black Friday). Once you discover who you are going to be Santa for, just check this thread to see what that person likes. DO NOT POST WHO YOU WILL BE A SANTA FOR.

4) Buy a gift accordingly and ship it NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15. Gift price maximum is $20. Be creative! See the awesomeness in the 2010 thread. Also: 2009 and 2008. No dildos. This is serious business.

5) Don't be an asshole. If you sign up, don't leave someone hanging.

6) No n00bs. Sorry. If we’re going to be handing out other people’s names and addresses, we sort of need to know you. Some of these ladies around here don’t need another stalker. You must either a) have a post count of 500 b) have a member vouch for you or c) fly to Honolulu and have a Maui Brewing Company Coconut Porter with Courtney.

QUESTIONNAIRE: (Please copy and paste into a post of your own, and answer the questions as best you can).

1) What is your favorite color?

2) What is your T-shirt size?

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)?

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose?

5) What movies do you like?

6) What eating establishments do you like?

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like?

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in

9) What are your sports teams?

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know?

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-02-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: The 2011 Secret Santa Thread -- ATP Style

This would be more interesting if assignments were not 'random'. Go all out and curate the assignments with an eye towards mischief.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This would be more interesting if assignments were not 'random'. Go all out and curate the assignments with an eye towards mischief.
    Oohhhhhh. Genius.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-02-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I can't think of anyone better suited for the job than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I have been coined the Director of Opinions and Judgments at work. I'm trying to get it to become an official title.

I hope you have the previous years' lists so there isn't too much redundancy. For example, I have never been the benefactor of PF's Coachella tix. Hint. Hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

1) What is your favorite color? Purple

2) What is your T-shirt size? XL

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Unicorns & cats

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Daft Punk, Robyn, Rufus Wainwright

5) What movies do you like? Wizard of Oz (already have the DVD), anything gay(ish)

6) What eating establishments do you like? Home Town Buffet, McDonalds

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Chocolate

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? NASCAR

9) What are your sports teams? Detroit Lions, #24 Jeff Gordon, Northwestern University Wildcats, Wyoming Cowboys

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? This old guy likes surprises, and anything with glitter or sparkle. He looks better in old guy stuff, rather than in speedos or tank tops. Anything gay is good. Even homemade is great - especially if it's got music on it or is edible. Say "hi" to Christmas Carol for me, and enjoy yourself at the North Pole.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

1) What is your favorite color? any

2) What is your T-shirt size? large

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? pass

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? any

5) What movies do you like? thrillers

6) What eating establishments do you like? any

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? cheese

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? disc golf

9) What are your sports teams? MN Twins

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I appreciate anything
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

1) What is your favorite color? I prefer blue

2) What is your T-shirt size? Xl, but I'm getting increasingly into the L range

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? I like cats aight.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Sonic Youth, Kurt Vile or The War on Drugs. Let's lean towards the second or third.

5) What movies do you like? Generally, things that you'd assume would be released on Criterion or crazy exploitation/action films.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Umami burger, Tomato pie pizza, good stuff

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? I'm trying to stay the eff away from that stuff

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Concerts, skiing, law school

9) What are your sports teams? Dodgers

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I regularly wear my shirt from last year.

More importantly, I REALLY like records. And here's a list of every record I own. It's searchable, so if you wanted to get me a record, I've made it easy for you!
    Last edited by bmack86; 11-03-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

RAINBOW or orange. i like colours.

large in girly sizes, medium in normal men's t-shirts

dinosaur

ben folds/ben folds five, portishead, radiohead, nine inch nails

tombstone, terminator 2, star wars

mexican food

please don't ship me food; even in the winter it's hot here during the day i don't anything to melt

group sex, snowboarding, hiking, biking, crafting, getting drunk on tinychat

the olympics are cool, but i'm really not into team sports

i'm pretty fucking silly

also, i will be recovering from surgery, so whoever gets me as their santa should know i will either send your gift super early or late.
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 11-02-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

1) What is your favorite color? Mint green

2) What is your T-shirt size? Large

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Red Panda

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Air

5) What movies do you like? Walk Hard, the Dewey Cox Story, primarily into Dexter and Breaking Bad at the moment

6) What eating establishments do you like? Mexican and Pizza (not mexican pizza)

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Baked potato chips, chocolate

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Riding bikes, concerts, walking, drinking beer!

9) What are your sports teams? Phoenix Suns, Arizona State University, anything soccer

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I love cheesy shit
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Purple!

XL (sigh) L soon!

Animals are dicks.

The Blur or the Beach Boys!

Rock/roll flicks.

Local Brooklyn fare. The exotic-ier the better.

I'm off that shit.

Cynicism, fart jokes, seeking out obscure sites where historic rock & roll stuff happened wherever I go.

Knicks, Yankees, Aston Villa

Beards are itchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

I love doing this, last 2 years have been fun. Thanks for coordinating again.

1) What is your favorite color? - BLUE

2) What is your T-shirt size? - LARGE

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? - DRAGONS, Wolves (as long as they look like Alcide from True Blood)

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? IAMX (buttons would be awesome)

5) What movies do you like? horror movies. 80s slasher pics.

6) What eating establishments do you like? fast food, the one and only Del Taco.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Almonds, pecans (no peanuts...not allergic, i just hate them)

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in - concerts, concerts, concerts.

9) What are your sports teams? pass...blah.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? my safe word is PJ Harvey.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

I'm definitely shy of the 500 post mark but I feel like i've met a decent amount of you guys to finally be included this year!

1) What is your favorite color? Purple/silver/black

2) What is your T-shirt size? womens medium

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Narwhals, Mastodons or any animal that has big teeth(not a horse, they freak me the fuck out).

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Bowie, NIN(even though i probably have everything), Mastodon, DEVO, Dinosaur Jr., The Cure...

5) What movies do you like? Anything Tarintino, Burton, Rodriguez, Or Muppet related

6) What eating establishments do you like? Sushi!!!...and burritos

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? CHOCOLATE MMMMMMNOMNOM

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Biking, BAKING!(bakeware is always appriciated), dressing up for just about anything, Concerts-DUH!

What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I could always use a new boa... they have always saved friends in a pinch when it comes to lack of costume ideas. Also, David Bowie + Trent Reznor = SWOON

Also, If there is a quality dildo out there for <$20, by all means send it!(un-used preferably).... Rebelling against the rules, RULES!
    Last edited by sbconnection; 11-02-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

I can vouch for Sunni

old school

To wear, Black, Green or Blue.

Medium or a small large to be on the safe side.

I don't think I have any favorites.

Holy Fuck, High Contrast, Max Cooper, Tycho, BoC, Deerhunter to name a couple.

Witty comedies, movies that make you think, documentaries.

Vegetarian ones, and foodie ones, local establishments.

Ginger Chews, I stick to the more "natural" side of candy and snacks, I'm picky.

School (Anthropology major) and work, with listening to music tossed in there. I really enjoy hiking and camping in the summer though.

I'm not a sports guy, I like hiking and camping.

I think anything that anyone needs to know will be found in one of my posts somewhere.

If you need me to post more info, PM captaincrazy to PM me to get me to be a bit more descriptive.
    Last edited by Sleepingrock; 11-22-2011 at 05:41 PM.

I'm popping in here briefly to promote the homemade gift exchange over in the DIY and Home Repair thread for anybody who wants to double up. We'd love to have you. If you don't suck.

1) What is your favorite color? Navy or Burgundy

2) What is your T-shirt size? Men's Medium

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? That's okay

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Bright Eyes, Portugal. the Man, Royksopp

5) What movies do you like? Kill Bill, Black Swan, Star Wars

6) What eating establishments do you like? Benihana, In-N-Out

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? i'm over candy

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in Concerts, hiking, x-box, smoking weed

9) What are your sports teams? Real Madrid

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I dunno

black

XL or XXL if available

Cryptids and evil overlords of scientology fame

To avoid any duplicates, I will list a few bands I don't really own anything from:
    Nisennenmondai (no merch, no music in physical form)
    Little Dragon (no merch, own Machine Dreams on vinyl)
    Fever Ray (no merch, own Mercy Street)
    Bat for Lashes (no merch, most vinyl except for Two Suns and the Let's Get Lost single)
    Sigur Ros (no merch)

Detailing which merch I have from Radiohead, Pulp, and Asobi Seksu would be too difficult.

movies of the fucked up variety.

any place that has great burgers

cheese, beer

concerts, beer drinking, World of Warcraft, trips of all sorts

none

it wasn't me
    Last edited by Boourns; 11-22-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    c) fly to Honolulu and have a Maui Brewing Company Coconut Porter with Courtney
    YES!

1) What is your favorite color? I like them all! Especially if they are in stripe form. I like stripes. And chevrons. And plaid.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Large. But it better be a boat neck or scoop neck style, because I hate wearing crew neck anything.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Ummm. I like animals when Kiki Smith draws them.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Can I steal Bryan's answer and say Sonic Youth? Also Yo La Tengo. Oh, or Dean & Britta if you want to burn me a copy of their 13 Most Beautiful Songs for Andy Warhol Screen Tests, because I have been meaning to listen to that forever.

5) What movies do you like? Paris Texas, Lost In Translation, The Royal Tenenbaums, Pulp Fiction, The Graduate, Being John Malkovich, Heathers, The Usual Suspects, Almost Famous, The Maltese Falcon, North By Northwest, Memento, Citizen Kane, Roman Holiday, various other obvious and predictable choices.

6) What eating establishments do you like? I like eating places you've never heard of. I like eating places that don't even exist yet. Also, anywhere top-notch chefs are doing their version of local, seasonal, farm-to-table, in the style of Chez Panisse. But mostly locally I eat at Downtown at HiSAM/Town, and my kitchen.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? I'm trying to be healthy, so right now that includes lots of fresh veggies, nuts, beans, and whole grains. But if you wanted to send me something edible, some sort of regional healthy food from your city would be cool. And I really like unusual spices and tea in pretty packaging. No candy.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Competitive internet-surfing. Also sometimes reading magazines of the fashion and lifestyle variety, swimming (with about a pound of SPF 60 on me), hiking in the dark before sunrise so I can reach the peak as the sun is coming up and feel badass, icing my sore muscles and spending a lot of time in my gym's sauna and hot tub after aforementioned swimming and hiking, going to art museums and making snarky remarks about what the docent tours get wrong, dancing so so so poorly (preferably after drinking too much), popping blisters on my feet from the heels I wear for aforementioned dancing, swooning over Ira Glass from This American Life on NPR, sending/receiving handwritten letters, driving out into barren landscapes in the middle of nowhere to visit obscure earth art, lusting after well-designed foreign and niche office supplies (like this and this and this), revising this post until it becomes a full-on multi-page essay, and did I mention the internet?

9) What are your sports teams? I don't really watch sports unless it involves someone taking me on a date with the prospect of really good nookie afterwards, in which case I will occasionally make an exception.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? Mail to Hawaii takes a fuckload of time, so please use USPS Priority Mail if you don't want it to be on a boat for six weeks.
    Last edited by Courtney; 11-02-2011 at 07:33 PM.

1) What is your favorite color? Black, grey, and white. And I have been told by my girlfriend that I already have entirely too much of all three in my wardrobe. So, anything colorful.

2) What is your T-shirt size? I'm in a weird purgatory between men's medium and large. If it runs tight like a UK shirt or American Appy, I'm a large. Otherwise, medium usually works.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? I like clever animals with cute people-like hands. If I go to the zoo, I like watching the animals that build things, cause mischief, play, etc. That said, I can't imagine wanting something with, say, a rock chuck on it.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? I've been on a big Husker Du kick lately. '80s college rock is my favorite "era" or "genre." I'm not a vinyl collector though; simply don't have the room for it.

5) What movies do you like? Almost all of my favorite films are '60s European art house classics, or '70s New Hollywood films. Bergman is my favorite filmmaker. Godfather and Godfather, Part II (with a slight preference for Part II), are probably my favorites movies. I like all of the contemporary stuff most people would probably expect (P.T. Anderson, Wong, Charlie Kaufman, Sofia Coppola, etc.) But I can also enjoy a mindless comedy or action film; I enjoy trash as much as art sometimes. That said, I already own way too many DVDs and Blu-rays for my own good.

6) What eating establishments do you like? I love trying new local restaurants. Total sucker for pizza and carb-heavy comfort food.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? a) Dark chocolate. b) Cookies. c) Combinations of a) and b).

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Music, film, politics, reading and debating about each the foregoing. Literature, when I have the time. Dining and wine. Hiking. Visiting National Parks. Drinking like Don Draper.

9) What are your sports teams? New York Yankees, Notre Dame football. I get enough grief for those two that I don't really need to pick any more up. Also, the Utah Jazz when they are relevant/playing.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I am the most Christmas-loving atheist you will ever meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Olive Green, Black.

Small to Medium(girl sizes)

Monkeys( for t-shirt purposes)

Antlers, Austra, Portishead, This Mortal Coil, Xmal Deutschland.

To Kill a Mockingbird, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy, Kill Bill, Secrets and Lies. (For t-shirt purposes)

I rarely go out to eat but BJ's tends to draw me in from time to time.

Paydays

Bike riding, occasional hike.

North Carolina Tarheels, UCSB Gauchos, San Antonio Spurs

I love books and discovering new music(duh)
    Last edited by Pixiessp; 11-18-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I rarely go out to eat but BJ's tends to draw me in from time to time.
    This kind of surprises me, considering...

I walked right into that one, didn't I.

Deep blues still do it for me.

Medium

The insides and outsides of humans keep me entertained. Otherwise no animals.

I'm pretty open to anything.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Resevoir Dogs
    Where the day takes you

Any place with a truely exceptional cup of coffee.

Gummy worms/Sour worms

Playing and listening to music.

No teams, but I'm a regular at MMA events.

The answer is 42.
    Last edited by koryp; 11-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

No Dildos?

Boring...

and i really suck. I SUCK.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

1) What is your favorite color? Blue and Green.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Medium.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? My favorite animals are my cats. Not just "cats" in the abstract. MY CATS. But I wouldn't mind an article of clothing that had a giraffe, dolphin, or hippopotamus on it.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? The Apples in Stereo, Deerhunter, Something Untzy

5) What movies do you like? How To Train Your Dragon

6) What eating establishments do you like? Farmers Markets

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Kale Chips, Dried Apricots, SHARKIES.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Internet Bullying, Recreational Sedatives, Couch Lounging, Apple-Coring

9) What are your sports teams? No.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I have a small, hand crafted stone turtle named Abraham Curry that would like a friend to look out over the small waterway that runs past my back porch with him.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Don't really have one... so if this leaves me open for some obnoxious hot pink item, I say "neato"

medium or large... either work. Play it safe and go large, because shrinkage sucks

I kinda like horse racing... otherwise I'm a sucker for dogs too.

I don't own an Ipod. I still buy CDs. It's a little late, but I've been meaning to buy "Conditions" from Temper Trap only since that damn thing was released 2 or 3 years ago. Otherwise I wouldn't mind a CD of some really good artist of any genre that you like, but don't think is really well known (any genre)...

I'm so bad... I barely watch them.

Green Mill, Famous Dave's, Broadway Pizza (MN)

Nuts, Mixed Nuts, Cashews

Music, Sports, Drinking PBR, Eating Drumsticks (the ice cream kind), playing with my pooches.

Twins, Vikings, Gophers, T-Wolves

I wouldn't mind a really cheap light-colored hat... baseball style, can be ugly, clearance rack-esque, something that will cover my buzzed head in the hot desert sun come April.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I'm not picky - grey, blue, green, tan - as long as whatever it is looks nice

women - med or lg, men - small

Elephant (Ganesh in particular), Peacock, or a Plastikman

Apparat (has new shirts out), Flying Lotus (has a pretty rad shirt out too), Radiohead

Tree of Life, Eternal Sunshine, Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox

I love cooking so Whole Foods (if going a gift card for food route)

snickers, flaming hot doritos (rare if they even exist still)

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in?
    I like making jewelry (chunky beaded things), creating stencils, painting, photography, cooking, wine and beer drinking (really love cabs and ipa's)

San Diego Super Chargers. Although not so super these days.

Please feel free to include a disc of mp3's you consider to be awesome. I love listening to new music.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    No dildos. This is serious business.
    How many times has this occurred in the past? I mean it must have considering this is a rule