Thread: Kosheen & Lamb for 2012

Default Kosheen & Lamb for 2013

LAMB:
    In December 2010, the band sent another e-mail to fans, announcing the recording of their fifth album, to be titled 5. A selection of songs from the album were previewed at Playground Weekender music festival near Sydney, Australia on 20 February, 2011. A special edition of the album, hand-numbered and limited to 2800 copies, could be pre-ordered through Lamb's website and was shipped to fans in May 2011, followed by the commercial release of the standard edition on 9 June in the UK. Other European countries saw slightly later release dates.

The band started a European tour to promote the new album on May 19 in Kiev, and are scheduled to play further concerts - including festival appearances - throughout the summer of 2011.

KOSHEEN:
    Their fourth album is called "Independence" and first single will likely be the song "Get A New One". Other confirmed songs on the album are "Sign", "Waste", "Spies", "Addict", "Harder They Fall", "Shut U Out", "Tightly" and "I Don't Need It". First release 'Warning' was out on September 27.. On July 27 2011, on their official Facebook page, Kosheen confirmed an album release in November and single in September.

Update* NEW ALBUM OUT NOW

Kosheen : Independence
    Last edited by SONR801; 11-13-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

Default Re: Kosheen & Lamb for 2012

I'm definitely all for both. I love the new Lamb album.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    Since Lamb announced their "world" tour, they've played Russia, all of Europe (or will have by Feb), UK and Australia. No word on US dates yet, but surely they will show up here by summer. Considering that they're going strong right now and have had awesome reviews of the current tour, have not played Coachella since 1999, and have been totally silent about any US shows, it seems possible that they're booked and will do a US tour around the fest.

At least, that's what I'm hoping, although a part of me wants them to just play their own LA date somewhere like the Fonda. I'm kind of worried about them getting a short set at the fest and not doing a proper LA show. Either way, they're at the very top of my list of *feasible* acts that I haven't seen before.

As for Kosheen, I haven't been following them lately but am happy to hear they're also active again. They'd be a great addition as well. I'll have to grab that new album asap.

Delicious!
    I'd do suprefan.

^ the Tom Middleton remix of "What Sound" is incredible! Very good remix that does the original justice.

Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

I'm definitely all for both. I love the new Lamb album.

Since Lamb announced their "world" tour, they've played Russia, all of Europe (or will have by Feb), UK and Australia. No word on US dates yet, but surely they will show up here by summer. Considering that they're going strong right now and have had awesome reviews of the current tour, have not played Coachella since 1999, and have been totally silent about any US shows, it seems possible that they're booked and will do a US tour around the fest.

At least, that's what I'm hoping, although a part of me wants them to just play their own LA date somewhere like the Fonda. I'm kind of worried about them getting a short set at the fest and not doing a proper LA show. Either way, they're at the very top of my list of *feasible* acts that I haven't seen before.
    Iv'e wanted to see Lamb for so long now, this would really be a nice treat if they got to play Chella next year. I do agree though, a short set would be a little lack-luster but I live in Utah and probably wouldn't have a chance or the money to see them outside of Chella since I have a few trips planned for next year as it is.

Hearing / watching "Gorecki" performed live on the polo field would make the entire weekend that much better.

I'm a little surprised more people aren't down for this

I'm down for seeing Lamb perform at Coachella. Regardless of the short set, it would be, judging from that live video, pretty stunning.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(WK1), 13(WK2), 14(WK2), 15(WK1)

It's all about the music.

'10, '11, '12(W1), '13(W1), '14(W1)*

2013:
    Nine Inch Nails 11/09 | RJD2 11/15
    2014:
    Coachella #1 04/11-13

^ Their new album is so good (I listen to most of it every day now). REALLY hope they are there

old school

KOSHEEN

DO IT GV!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Noooo...

I emailed Lamb to see if they're coming anywhere close during the 5 tour cycle, and someone replied saying "No plans to tour the US."
    Super fucking lame. A whole year+ of touring all over the world, and we get no love. If I'd known this months ago, I could have tried to plan a trip to see them overseas, but it doesn't really seem possible now, especially with Coachella coming up.

At least there's Coachella excitement this week to distract me from my heartbreak over this.

No Lamb makes me sad
    '10, '11, '12(W1), '13(W1), '14(W1)*

2013:
    Nine Inch Nails 11/09 | RJD2 11/15
    2014:
    Coachella #1 04/11-13

BUMP**

Kosheen : Independence

Last edited by SONR801; 11-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.

* Also,does anyone know if there a way to edit the title of the thread to 2013?