Thread: New Years w/ Goldenvoice and The Do LaB w Beats Antique, Emancipator, Random Rab

Default New Years w/ Goldenvoice and The Do LaB w Beats Antique, Emancipator, Random Rab

On Friday December 30th we are proud to present a special New Years celebration featuring 4 stellar artists on one stage: Beats Antique, Emancipator, Random Rab and Lynx! Join us as we celebrate all the adventures that we've shared together during our most amazing year ever!

Get Tickets: http://beticketing.com/beatsantiquenyee
    Listen to the Music: http://thedolab.com/?p=1586

-- About the Artists --

* BEATS ANTIQUE *

From under the shelter of world acoustic music’s canopy, live electronica has bred a new beast built of brass band and glitch, dubstep and glockenspiel: the musical trio Beats Antique. The musical alliance of producers David Satori and Tommy Cappel is inspired and emphasized by their collaborative partnership with world-renowned belly dance performer and music producer Zoe Jakes. Beats Antique is well known for forging an alliance between Middle Eastern traditions, underground hip-hop, breakbeat brass band, downtempo, glitch and dubstep and for making it nearly impossible to sit still.

* EMANCIPATOR *

Those in the know have been following Emancipator since he self-released his first album, Soon It Will Be Cold Enough, at the age of 19 in 2006. His agile melodies layered over headnodic, immaculately-produced beats captivated fans across the internet and across the world. His latest album “Safe In The Steep Cliffs” blends new instrumentation and organic samples with the signature Emancipator style of clean production, silky melodies and addictive drums.

* RANDOM RAB *

Emerging from his own distinct corner of the West Coast electronic music scene, Random Rab offers a powerful and unique contribution to sonic exploration. Often referred to as “The Master of Emotion” his music is patently beautiful and melodic. With diverse influences ranging from trip-hop, classical and Arabic to bass driven compositions, his songs are considered anthemic and timeless. As a multi-instrumentalist and singer, his tracks are organic, uplifting and stand on their own as a distinct genre. Listeners of all types of music can find something they can relate to in his sound.

* LYNX *

Lynx, is an innovative singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, beat-boxer and producer from the Bay Area by way of Colorado. At 25, she has already been breaking new ground in both the live and electronic music scenes playing events all over the world. Lynx's music combines elements from multiple genres including electronica, folk, and indie pop. Her new album On the Horizon intertwines powerful vocals, lyrics that are both universal and intimate, timely and timeless, and a sound that switches from folky to cutting edge with bumping beats that melt to raw, melancholy melodies and resolve with infectious pop hooks.

* Live Painting by Michael Pukac, Hans Haveron, John Park, Cryptik and more *

-- The Details --

Friday December 30th, 2011
    9pm-2am

Venue:
    Club Nokia
    800 West Olympic Blvd # 335
    Los Angeles, CA 90015

This event is All Ages to celebrate / 21+ to drink

Get Tickets: http://beticketing.com/beatsantiquenyee
    Listen to the Music: http://thedolab.com/?p=1586

We'll see you on the dance floor!
    ..:: ~The Do LaB ~ ::..
    ..:: ~ http://www.TheDoLaB.com ~ ::..

..:: ~ Thank you for making Lightning in a Bottle 2013 our greatest adventure yet! ~ ::..

..:: ~ http://www.LightningInABottle.org ~ ::..

Default Re: New Years w/ Goldenvoice and The Do LaB w Beats Antique, Emancipator, Random Rab

I bought tickets to this....but what to do on actual New Years?
    You wanna fook on me?!

aaronbk

Default Re: New Years w/ Goldenvoice and The Do LaB w Beats Antique, Emancipator, Random Rab

sea of dreams. is that really a question?

I'm going to mammoth, so I gave my tickets for this event to Iced Keg.
    Hope he has a good one and posts some pics/feedback from the show.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Going to the Grand Canyon for New Years so this just made my day....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I don't get it.
    You wanna fook on me?!

dont get what...???

i love ringing in the new year w/ a good night of music. But this year im going on a road trip so having a show the night before i leave works perfect.....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

New interviews and free downloads by all these artists on our blog. Get em: http://thedolab.com

Stoked on this one

Oh, there is a thread about it. Who is going tonight in LA?

PM me. Lets meet up!
    Last edited by icedKeg; 12-30-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

This show was really fun last night. I'd never been to Club Nokia before and had heard pretty not-so-good things about it but I actually thought it was cool. It was smaller than I thought it would be, which I liked.

We got there just as Random Rab (we missed Lynx) started and he was super chill and groovy and he set a nice tone for the whole place as people were coming in, mingling, getting drinks and groovin out a bit.

I had never heard Emancipator before (I'm not huge into the electronic scene) and was thoroughly impressed. Really classical sounds (dude playing a violin and a DJ) with a smooth and psychedelic feel. The "visual" show, provided by some dude in the sound pen on what looked like a giant etch-a-sketch (somebody knows what I'm talking about), was cool, but it was pretty dinky on the semi-small screen behind the stage. Nevertheless, I definitely became a fan of Emancipator last night.

Next was Beats Antique, who I have missed at least 3 times at different festivals and what-not, and they were a fucking show! They had four or so girls come on stage for different performances and shake their bellies and gyrate their hips and bang on drums and ooooh oui it was sexy and hypnotizing. There were a ton of other circus-like antics on stage throughout their performance, each was visually captivating. I wish I could remember more specifics - I had a few drinks..

The crowd was great all night. Respectful and minding their own business dancing and grooving all night. They were also friendly and smiley with one another. It was a great mix of all sorts of people, all having a good time. There was a really positive energy and vibe throughout.

Oh there was also some cool artwork set up all along the wall. Live artists putting together some really cool pieces and designs. Overall it was a really fun evening.

Big thanks to Goatchella for hooking it up! I owe you one man.
    I took some decent pics with my iPhone, if anybody is really interested in seeing any, hit me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

So jelly.

Sounds like a good show. Glad you had a good time man.

Fucking Zoe is a goddess.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Such a great show!
    Loved Emancipators little Deep House break, that was totally unexpected and sick as ever.