Thread: NISENNENMONDAI!!!

Default NISENNENMONDAI!!!

Most likely you haven't listened to these 3 Japanese girls touring with Battles right now, but they are one of the most impressive acts I have seen this year (judging by 10 mentions in the forum).

Their music is very repetitious, but it builds up and keeps progressing until it is totally rocking out. This statement leaves out the fact that they have one of the best female drummers I have ever seen. It is almost like she is from another planet, she is just incredible. I was more impressed by them then Battles who they opened for. They are a definite can't miss and worthy of checking out, but there is a huge difference watching their youtube videos and actually seeing them live. The girls seem very shy and coy, but are absolutely awesome when performing. The drummer is the main stage presence and is totally lethal.

With that said, here are a couple videos from the show. I didn't get any whole songs since they are really long.

Drum solo at the end of this song is insane.

Pictures
    I go to shows and festivals.
    Photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=174734597279
    Over 1000 youtube videos from concerts
    http://http://www.youtube.com/thefestivalninja

Default Re: NISENNENMONDAI!!!

They really destroyed it at Primavera this year, one of the best sets of the festival, and I'm pretty sure the drummer was demon possessed. Even my Primavera crew had not listened to them before for the most part and they were all blown away and are going to see them at ATP and other festivals and gigs in the fall. Jealous because I can't make it to New York next week. They really need to be at Coachella next year, but I'm not holding my breath since this tour with Battles is their first time in America since a CMJ appearance 6 years ago.

I downloaded something by them awhile back and then it got buried in my "To Listen" folder. I'll check em out now.

I didn't know there was a thread for Nisennenmondai.I fucking love them.I hope they will tour soon again.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Full set.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale