Thread: XLR8R Mag ....

Default XLR8R Mag ....

It was just a few months ago that I came to realize these guys are HQ'd in the city. Curious as to why they don't take a more active role in it's nightlife.

I understand that doesn't necessarily jive w/ their raison d'etre, but the name/brand garners a lot of respect in the EDM community. Perhaps moreso than anything else in SF.

Would be nice to see some XLR8R-curated shows.

Default Re: XLR8R Mag ....

(Disco) Shawn Reynaldo writes quite a bit for them, I think his two parties (Icee Hot, Tormenta Tropical) are about as close as you're going to get to official XLR8R parties in terms of talent.

Didn't they sponsor that Ninja Tunes show with DJ Food last year? It was a free party at 103 Harriet and I think it was to celebrate XLR8R's anniversary. I think it was either XLR8R or Ninja Tunes 20th Anniversary.

^ It was Ninja Tune's 20th. XLR8R may have had a hand in putting it on though.

I am surprised they haven't hooked up with Low End Theory, that seems right up their ally.

Quote Originally Posted by OddZilla View Post
    ^ It was Ninja Tune's 20th. XLR8R may have had a hand in putting it on though.

I am surprised they haven't hooked up with Low End Theory, that seems right up their ally.
    Yeah, your right. Although I think that XLX8R was also hyping it as their anniversary party too which is why it was free.

I wanted to go to that but I think it was the same night as of Montreal, and by the time we went by the line, it was huge and we just gave up.

xlr8r has had parties though... at least with some affiliation, I've snagged 3 mags from different shows at 1015.

Ross, you're definitely right. They're keeping up with forward thinkers and they should showcase that shizz...
    Last edited by zimmy1222; 10-23-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Don't they have a strong affiliation with Red Bull Academy, too?

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham