Thread: The Presets?

Default The Presets?

Can the Presets play Coachella? They would definately fit in. Please? But really, please?

Default Re: The Presets?

u idiot

i'm seeing them tomorrow.. with the crystal castles. ; )

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

presets would be an awesome act.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Saw them at the Echo Ex_PLX last night. I made the last minute decision to go and am glad I did. They were awesome!

I just recently have gotten into their music. They weren't my favorite, but I like them well enough. Comparisons can easily be made to She Wants Revenge and the like. However, I don't like She Wants Revenge at all. The Presets music is a lot more fun and fresh. They're all about having a good time, not trying to be too cool.

I decided to go the their show last night because I heard they put on a wonderful live show. They did not disappoint. I can't say the same for the Echo however.

I've never been to the venue before and was not expecting what would happen. The night started off really annoying. The show was supposed to begin at 9 pm. Being that i had no ticket I thought it would be a good idea to get there at 830. I got there and waited on line. As the clock hit 9 the security guard said they'd begin letting us in shortly. an HOUR later they finally started letting people in. Apparently, the first band ran late and thus held everything else back. The Echo is two venues and i assume it's a common occurance that people end up waiing on line for a long time before being let in. I don't know how it exactly works but it seems as if they wait for everyone to pile out of the first show before letting people in for the show that's in a different space. ANNOYING. I'm not sure if I'm making sense, but I guess it's a pointless rant anyhow.

After finally getting in and being able to relax a bit I was able to enjoy a few good tracks spun by the DJ before the opening act came on. They were the Crystal Castles. They sounded a bit rough live, but had a good enough vibe and were fun none the less. Nothing amazing though.

The Presets came on around 1130 pm (supposed to start at 11) and only played for about 45 minutes, give or take 5. The biggest disappointment was how short the set was, because they tore it up for the full shebang. It took no time for the crowd to get into the show and dance their asses off. I haven't worked up a sweat so fast in a long time. About halfway through the set the mashed up a little Daft Punk and the crowd went apeshit. After that it was a furious barage of their best tracks and they've never sounded better. They closed it out with "I Go Hard I Go Home". People couldn't stop dancing. I think even a couple of girls got up on stage and danced around with the two Aussies.

Overall, on recording The Presets sound ok. Live = pure awesomeness! I would love to see them get added, but doubt it will happen. they did say they'd be back to L.A. soon though, so you never know.

I wasnt able to make it to the show at the echo on saturday! Anyway, they would be a great add to the dance tent.

I totally agree. TOTAL AWESOMENESS LIVE. WAY TOO SHORT.

I was at the Echo. Awesome show! Much better than last year with the Rapture.
    I also met the band backstage. They were really nice. I also saw the drummer doing coke!! Enough said.

I heard they're playing on Sat. at coachella. Heard that at the show..

I checked their tour dates, and they have a gap between April 14th and May 12th. A chance? A hope?

i'm going to see them tonight. 10 bucks. i just found out about the show last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtraygrl View Post
    i'm going to see them tonight. 10 bucks. i just found out about the show last night.

Nice. Don't forget to wear your dancin' shoes and have a good time!

I don't know about having the show on sat. being better than the one when they opened for rapture.

They looked fucked up, and sounded much worse than when at the rapture show. Maybe need to mellow off the yay for a little while?!? (like the person who caught the drummer hitting some lines) i can only imagine how it feels to be high off yay, and drunk while playing a set..

And I don't know about anyone else, but the scene was a lot different than the one at the rapture. Unfortunately I will have to think twice before I buy a ticket to go see them again.

Does anyone know if they are gay, because the gay scene at the show was going off. Not gay myself, but it gets annoying enough with straight guys up in your space but when you know there are drunken/high homosexual men up in your space, it's a lot different...

i think one of them is flaming... but i dunno for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Does anyone know if they are gay, because the gay scene at the show was going off. Not gay myself, but it gets annoying enough with straight guys up in your space but when you know there are drunken/high homosexual men up in your space, it's a lot different...
    In a sense I know what you mean. Some gay men can be quite annoying and way too aggressive. I was practically molested at the Goldfrapp show. Trick is, you got to know when to put your foot down. It is very aggravating to have to deal with sometimes though. It would be nice if some women were as aggresive.

With that said some of my closet and dearest friends are gay, so I have no problem dealing in a gay scene. I didn't find the crowd at the Presets show overally gay and I didn't find the people annoying at all. Well, maybe one guy who kept wooting and whistling to the beat of the music like an annoying rave kid. I didn't let it bother me though, because he was simply having fun. I also set myself up toward the back so I had more dancing space and such. Perhaps if you were toward the front of the crowd it may have been annoying, but I couldn't notice. And from where I was the band sounded fine and seemed like they were having a good time. They didn't appear to be sloppy to me at all. I've never seen them before though, so I had nothing to compare it to.

I saw the Presets at Cinespace not too long ago and they were great as well. Wish I could of made it to the Echo but yah work is a bitch.

-Vixs

ps Im gay and I cant stand being grinded up from behind by queens at shows ... but yah Goldfrapp its a givin.

Not playing at Coachella b/c apparently weren't asked this year, but should be there in '08.