Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

Default Re: The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

I just went to print my Primus ticket and saw this listed on 1iota.com, in case it interests any of you:

About
    WE ARE LOOKING FOR
    300 diehard Robyn fans to join us for a special Halloween performance at a secret location in Los Angeles.

DESCRIPTION
    Join Robyn for a special MTV Halloween Performance in Los Angeles, CA on October 31st. That's right, MTV will be filming a Robyn performance on Halloween night and we want YOU there!
    The performance will begin at 7:30pm and be finished at 9:30pm. And, yes, we want you dressed in your Halloween costume!

Default Re: The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

A pack of gay men on Halloween? I'd rather be in The Village.

WHATUPPP. I reserved two tickets. Who wants to come with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Karin at the Nokia show, but don't quote me.
    That was Robyn actually.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

That was sarcasm. The thousands of gay men at the Bowl on Saturday were hard to miss.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    That was Robyn actually.
    Well, Robyn did her song at Nokia, but there was also a Karin-sound alike as well. And it most definitely was not Karin.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Yes, it was Robyn. Didn't ivankay run into her at a restaurant before the show?

I totally read your response wrong. Sorry, emtgreg.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i think Mike actually got to have dinner with her through some kind of connection.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Both performances were awesome. I was kind of underwhelmed by Roysksopp's San Francisco show in March, something I was wary of acknowledging prior to them just completely destroying the stage last night. The sound system and light show were incredible and really did them justice.

Then Robyn -- it was our third time seeing her in the last year, starting with a tiny gay club in Orlando, FL, and to see how far she's come in that short amount of time (in regards to the sizes of venues she's filling up) and marvel at her energy still being so strong after more than a year of touring was a delight. We got to hear songs off her Body Talk records that we hadn't yet heard, like "Dancehall Queen" and "Call Your Girlfriend." Because I'm obsessive-compulsive, I tracked the set lists for all three shows, but for now, here's just the one from last night:

1. We Dance to the Beat
    2. Don't Fucking Tell Me What to Do
    3. Fembot
    4. (an old song that I don't know the name of -- if anybody else does, please let me know)
    5. Dancehall Queen
    6. Cobrastyle
    7. Dancing On My Own
    8. Indestructible
    9. Love Kills
    10. Be Mine!
    11. Call Your Girlfriend
    (encore)
    12. In My Eyes
    13. Hang With Me
    14. With Every Heartbeat
    (encore)
    15. None of Dem (w/ Royksopp)
    16. The Girl and the Robot (w/ Royksopp)
    (encore)
    17. U Should Know Better
    18. Konichiwa Bitches
    19. Dancing Queen/Show Me Love

I also tracked the Royksopp set list, though the 1st and 3rd songs were instrumentals and I'm not familiar enough with their work to identify song names, so any insight from gunz or anyone else would be appreciated:

1. (instrumental)
    2. Happy Up Here
    3. (instrumental)
    4. Remind Me
    5. What Else Is There?
    6. True to Life
    7. Eple
    8. Only This Moment
    9. Poor Leno
    (encore)
    10. This Must Be It

That performance of "Poor Leno" was fucking stellar, by the way. And I have to quibble with the comment that the Karin stand-in for "What Else Is There?" and "This Must Be It" sounds exactly like Karin. She sounds good, don't get me wrong, but part of what makes Karin so special is that her voice is so distinct. That singer's voice is a fair approximation but she ain't no Karin. Glad you had fun, though.
    Röyksopp opening song was "Alpha Male" and the 3rd one (instrumental piece) was "Have Another Cherry".

What an absolutely incredible night. It was worth everything!

Friday night Joe and I went to go see Portishead in Berkley and then were planning on driving down Saturday morning. Well, after Portishead we get back to his car and his backseat passenger window had been smashed in and both my bags were stolen. Nothing terribly irreplaceable I guess but what a blow to ones good mood! So like my clothes (awesome silver shoes, my robyn shirt, my superman underwear, little black booty shorts etc), ipod (:'(), passport, CDs, etc etc GONE. And poor Joe's fucking window!

But anyway, we were upset as you can imagine and I didnt want to make the trip anymore but Joe being the trooper that he is insisted we continue on. After sleeping on it I felt better in the morning and we said FUCK IT and still drove down!

I thought the Hollywood Bowl was gorgeous, but still not crazy about those box seats. Talk about no space to dance, geez. Robynsopp delivered shows that were on an arena level. I couldnt believe how big and grand everything is, just writing and thinking about it now is giving me goosebumps. Robyns setlist was not joking around, I mean Cobrastyle was what, songs in?? She literally played almost everything I wanted to hear and it sounded so good. Plus 3 encores and costume changes??

It was so great seeing all of you and what a bummer I didnt get to see capn/rick and gunzy! But we were rushing almost the entire time, everyone we saw we ran into (which was great). Also, Jill(?) thank you so much for introducing yourself! We wouldnt have had that incredible view without you.

I just cant stop thinking about the show. OMG Robyn was so incredible, and this was a really great bonding experience for Joe and I. Im so happy we got to share it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Wonderful.

Glad things worked out.

and

"It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

I think we danced just fine Salah. I enjoyed getting to see Robyn with you guys. I still can't get over that my seat jist happened to be near you. Meant to be :-). So much fun at this show, Royksopp destroyed. A truly beautiful night.

ETA: nice to meet you at the show as well Greg.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Yes, it was Robyn. Didn't ivankay run into her at a restaurant before the show?

I totally read your response wrong. Sorry, emtgreg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    i think Mike actually got to have dinner with her through some kind of connection.
    That was an awesome night. i like to think the discussion on this board led to Robyn being there that night. i have a friend that works for Robyn's label and i asked her to go to the Royksopp show with me. She pointed out Robyn was in Vegas and flying her out to perform with them would be a wonderful thing. i was kind of aware of the desire to do this, but didn't know for sure until the day of Feathersopp. So i went to go meet my friend before the show and she texted me to meet her in one of the restaurants in LA Live. When i finally find where she is sitting, i see Robyn sitting with her. It was a nice time and Robyn is a super cool girl. Also got to chat for a little after the show. i have run into her a couple of times since then and my crush gets a little bigger. After the Bowl show, i had the chance to tell her how fantastic the night was and how thrilled i was about her career and songs.

Damn that mustve been quite a treat, lucky!
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

I want your life Mr. I.

^If only we could live the highlights all the time.

Like an idiot I didnt get the special show shirts they were selling at the bowl and of course I cant find it online now. Kicking myself like an idiot, if anyone sees it could you be so kind and alert me?

Same goes for a bootleg. I mean, one HAS to exist...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyliediscope View Post
    WHATUPPP. I reserved two tickets. Who wants to come with me?
    See you there.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Damn, that looks like an awesome show!

I am now going to see her for the MTV thing by myself tomorrow so if anyone wants to go but doesn't have a spot let me know!

We just waltzed right up tonight. Seriously anyone could have gone. It was right in the middle of the street. My friend knew all the guys running the show so she even got us past the barricade and up to the front. I'm not a big Robyn fan but it was fun in that atmosphere and with all the costumes. I had a helmet on and one of the camera guys was right behind me and kept hitting me in the head with his camera. I saw us on TV a lot. Gonna try to find youtube vids of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Robyn will be on Jay Leno/Tonight Show tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

So does a recording of this show officially not exist?

Anyone down for a Robynsopp Meetup 2.0 on 6/29/14?
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (1&2), 13 (2), 14 (2)
    Lolla 03, 06, 07, 08
    Outside Lands 08, 10, 11, 12
    Nerd Project: www.coacheller.com