Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

Default The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

Who's going? What are your seats like? Where are we meeting beforehand? Where are people staying?

I have no tickets yet. Can someone PLEASE help me figure out the seating? I dont need to be ridiculously close but im not traveling all the way from SF to sit in the lawn.

p.s.-bf might potentially come!!!

Last edited by sbessiso; 10-13-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Default Re: The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

We're in a Terrace box. That's all I really know.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

I don't remember where our seats are, but I'll let you know when I get home.

So you were able to get the time off?!!
    Last edited by algunz; 10-17-2011 at 09:18 PM.

I'm in a Terrace box, but those bitches are expensive! The bowl is amazing Sally, don't even trip about the seats
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Salah, Jason aka Sin213 has a face value Garden ticket he's trying to unload. He posted about it in the dirty epic facebook group.

i'm in the pool, but definitely down for some drinking in the walkup area before the show. I think this is a leased event so no picnic basket/byob inside =o(
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Salah, Jason aka Sin213 has a face value Garden ticket he's trying to unload. He posted about it in the dirty epic facebook group.
    link? i need a ticket

This is going to be awesome. I am in section F (not nearly as good as the rail spot we had for her at Coachella, but what is?), but I can't recall where at the moment. I just know it's going to be a hell of a show.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Jason's not going...lame!

Salah and everyone: I have a cheap seat (all I can afford) but I would love to hang with everyone between shows and after possibly.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

really thinking about winging it and getting a ticket outside the bowl the night of
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

stay in touch, we can drink and talk shit beforehand!
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    I think this is a leased event so no picnic basket/byob inside =o(
    It's still extremely easy to get booze inside. That was the case for LCD Soundsystem/Hot Chip anyway.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

is there anyone here who was planning on going but doesnt have a ticket yet? I would really like to not have to be solo for this show

section F1 row 12, cant wait!!
    coachella 06 '07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13' 14'

section G2, row 10, seats 14 & 16

I'll be wearing a big, black hat.

what general location should I shoot for in terms of tickets? whats terrible and whats better?

also im assuming parking at the bowl is a nightmare/expensive? we're gunna be staying at a place 4 miles from the bowl is it easier to cab or bus it? or theres a shuttle?

Yeah there are a few shuttles and park and ride lots; where are you staying? We haven't booked the hotel yet, but we're going to shuttle it in as well. I hear parking is a bitch.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

my bf's sister is letting us crash at her place.

Nice. Well, we'll have a car so we might be able to pick you up and take you to whatever shuttle we're taking.

thats pretty great! yeah trying to figure out logistics now, im a great big ball of nervous excited energy. i guess im just gunna get tix off ticketbastard

Ok, just text me if you need a ride. I think we get into town around 3.

There are Terrace box seats for $64.99 on stubhub right now. They're instant downloads and pretty far below face for these seats. I paid $101/ticket for terrace box seats on ticketmaster. Also, box 1343 is almost dead center and it's the 4th row of the terrace boxes. Pretty sweet seats!

Here's a link to the most detailed seating chart I could find online.
    Last edited by lesswesay; 10-18-2011 at 01:35 PM.

thanks!! i might have to get these

So are we meeting up before, or during? Where?

Meet ups after are difficult when you are dealing with stacked parking, just my

I'm still going to this show, but I've got 2 Garden Box seats (hard tickets) I'm looking to sell at cost ($104 each). Box 761. I live in LA near the Echo. If anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail (longshotjoe@hotmail.com). Thanks!
    Last edited by LongshotJoe; 10-18-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Coachellabound 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Fuck I'm Old Now.

Salah, if you can take the metro, it's not too hard of a walk up from the closest stop. Maybe 1/2 a mile uphill, which means you have a nice easy walk back afterwards. Added bonus of not worrying about driving or spending money on parking/a taxi.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The shuttles at hollywood and highland are free if you have your metro ticket. They leave every 10/15 minutes or so. It would be a good meeting spot too as you can park in the HH complex with validation (just buy a water at a vendor or something). You can party bus it up the hill.

Thank you so much for the info guys, seriously.

more questions...

looking at tix online and we're in between terrace or super seats (possssible garden maybe). terrace is closer but the enclosed area seems more casual and less dancey and just kinda uncomfortable. Super seats are not as close but seem a little more comfortable?

I had a terrace box for LCD and it was very comfortable and everyone was dancing(in the boxes and aisles. Security was pretty lax). Hope that helps!

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Go for the boxes. Everyone just ends up moving the seats in them away and moves around in between them and the aisles. They are much more lax in those sections overall (well, once you are aloud in the actual section).