Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

If mdma was legal this girl wouldnt have died.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Sounds like this trick was on bath salts, her parents are kind of annoying tho.

That story was horribly written.

RIP Emily.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Definitely not well written. I am also shocked at the mention of a lawsuit, and even more shocked at how money hungry the family of the 15 year old who died is. What I don't understand though is I thought hotels sealed off rooms for this reason? Her paranoia sounds more like something that would come on from LSD rather than ecstasy, so maybe she was experimenting with both? Its hard to judge parents on the way they talk after the death of one of their children, but some of their statements are a tad over the top. And the fb post that the writer included which said something like EDC took the life of my friend this weekend...... that is absolutely ridiculous. The behavior of the attendees is not on EDC's back, it is the sole responsibility of the attendees themselves, and maybe her friends could have played a more active role but that still shouldn't be a huge thing to blame. What about the guy who had the really bad acid trip, was it EDC's fault that he overdid it and went in to repeat mode?

^ This, I don't see why it is so hard for people to understand. I guess its just the media trying to give EDC a bad image for however many consecutive years it has been now. If someone got got at an NBA basketball game and then got in a car accident on their way home and died no one would ever go blame the organization or the venue. Promoters are and never should be liable and responsible for every single one of their attendees actions, anyone who thinks over wise is an idiot.

That's not how our legal system works. If the organization or venue knows that there is an unsafe condition created, it is their duty to take reasonable steps to protect its patrons from foreseeable harm. For example, a bar can be held liable for serving alcohol to a person who is obviously drunk who later gets in a car and kills someone driving drunk because driving drunk and hurting someone is a foreseeable result. This is also why you see baseball parks stopping alcohol sales after the 7th inning. Here, the family will likely have a hard time showing causation that any claim of negligence of EDC resulted in this girls death. There's too many factors that could have taken place between the event and her death from the facts here. Furthermore, jumping out a window is not an injury one would expect.

In our legal system promoters can be held liable. It is this way because the courts have determined that they are in the best position to implement procedures to minimize injuries that are foreseeable and to pay for insurance/said injuries. Whether people should be responsible for their own actions and whether this is what the law should be is another debate but to say that promoters are never liable is wrong.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 06-17-2012 at 06:24 PM.

While what you said is true, a promoter can't be held liable for the death of someone caused by their own choices over 12 hours after their event and not on site of their event. People make bad decisions and a promoter can't be liable for each of their attendee's decisions, especially drug use. people are responsible for their own actions
    Last edited by nick5745; 06-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.

I am kind of surprised this story hasn't gotten bigger. I don't know how to properly word it in a manner that doesn't put the blame on edc for the deaths, but basically as far as the media eye goes this would be the third year in a row where someone goes to Insomniac's edc in search of a good time, and ends up dead. Third year in a row with multiple articles containing both edc and death in the same sentence. EDC Los Angeles 2010, EDC Dallas 2011, EDC Las Vegas 2012. Not good

As soon as EDC ends I bet you that certain media outlets say "QUICK FIND OUT IF SOMEONE DIED". This year someone was probably like "ummm this person died but it wasn't until Monday night, can we still tie it to them?" and got the answer "Yes, blame EDC".

People were dropping like flys on Saturday of this year. There was one instance where I went to the bathroom and when I came back there was a girl unconscious on the ground and an entire team of EMTs, security, and police on the scene attending to her. It took them about 10-15 minutes before they finally got her on a stretcher and took her away in the golf cart ambulance. Later, while we were sitting in the stands after the music had been turned off, I was pushed aside by some police and several EMTs as they rushed through the corridor towards the grandstands. There was this girl who was hysterical and pointing. I heard something about somebody going into convulsions.

I wouldn't be surprised if something serious went down on Saturday before the party got shut down. On Sunday, there was a significant increase in staff presence throughout the party. I saw at least 4 different teams of EMT/security patrolling the crowds and inspecting anyone laying down to make sure they weren't unconscious.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 06-17-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    As soon as EDC ends I bet you that certain media outlets say "QUICK FIND OUT IF SOMEONE DIED". This year someone was probably like "ummm this person died but it wasn't until Monday night, can we still tie it to them?" and got the answer "Yes, blame EDC".
    Her friends are 100% to blame and liable imo. That's pretty fucked up to just send her on her way. Obviously she was having a bad trip and just needed someone to hug her and hang out with her back at the hotel. Maybe watch some cartoons or something? But none of her friends could be bothered to leave the party? Fuck that.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    Her friends are 100% to blame and liable imo. That's pretty fucked up to just send her on her way. Obviously she was having a bad trip and just needed someone to hug her and hang out with her back at the hotel. Maybe watch some cartoons or something? But none of her friends could be bothered to leave the party? Fuck that.
    Yeah you do have to lookout for one another at parties & fests. Its pretty much an unspoken rule that you dont leave yr friends alone fucked up. This is a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the family especiially her siblings.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

"Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

As soon as EDC ends I bet you that certain media outlets say "QUICK FIND OUT IF SOMEONE DIED".
    How dare they?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I do miss the good ole days, when the media reported exclusively on picnics and good clean fun and nothing salacious at all ever.

11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore
    11/21: DJ Harvey @ PW
    11/24: mr. Gnome @ Bottom of the Hill
    11/25: DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist @ Fox Theater Oakland
    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/4: Avi Buffalo @ Brick and Mortar
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/11: tUnE-yArDs, Cibo Matto @ Fox Theater Oakland
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

I have yet to see this -> "This message is hidden because malcolmjamalawesome is on your ignore list."

Without it being immediately followed by this -> "This message is hidden because guedita is on your ignore list."

Funny shit

Nick: fundamentally doesn't understand that the purpose of the ignore feature is not to relentlessly announce that one is using the ignore feature.

Someone died? They clearly had the wrong attitude/took the wrong drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

You're not missing anything from Guedita, lame joke as always...I can picture her laughing at the computer completely happy with herself....Sad about this story, glad I don't do drugs anymore....Just booze and blow...

Cocaine: it's not a drug.

Typing like this: Stop doing it.

You mean formatting like this: Not typing.

People were dropping like flys on Saturday of this year. There was one instance where I went to the bathroom and when I came back there was a girl unconscious on the ground and an entire team of EMTs, security, and police on the scene attending to her. It took them about 10-15 minutes before they finally got her on a stretcher and took her away in the golf cart ambulance. Later, while we were sitting in the stands after the music had been turned off, I was pushed aside by some police and several EMTs as they rushed through the corridor towards the grandstands. There was this girl who was hysterical and pointing. I heard something about somebody going into convulsions.

I wouldn't be surprised if something serious went down on Saturday before the party got shut down. On Sunday, there was a significant increase in staff presence throughout the party. I saw at least 4 different teams of EMT/security patrolling the crowds and inspecting anyone laying down to make sure they weren't unconscious.
    Where the fuck is your full review?

yeah i saw cops walking through the grass and telling people that were laying down to sit up...i thought it was very weird
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    You're not missing anything from Guedita, lame joke as always...I can picture her laughing at the computer completely happy with herself....
    Sounds...disgusting.

I can picture her her keyboard...the 'ctrl' key and 'i' key both withering away

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Sounds like this trick was on bath salts, her parents are kind of annoying tho.
    Yeah, they should deal with their grief more reasonably.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

I distinctly remember when I visited Circus Circus as a kid, opening up the windows in the new tower and looking straight down thinking anyone could fit through these bars. Not only that, but for some reason I specifically recall how enticing the windows actually looked to climb through.

Sounds...disgusting.

I can picture her her keyboard...the 'ctrl' key and 'i' key both withering away
    I'm touched, really, that you you spend some of your your day picturing me me and my my keyboard.

This.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I distinctly remember when I visited Circus Circus as a kid, opening up the windows in the new tower and looking straight down thinking anyone could fit through these bars. Not only that, but for some reason I specifically recall how enticing the windows actually looked to climb through.
    Pretty sure they've done major renovations since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.