Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 77787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Lurker

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

I agree with the pavement sentiment. Dancing on concrete for 3 days straight definitely has a toll on your feet. It's not that big of a deal.

What EDC offers over Ultra is the experience. Ultra is just crowds and music. EDC on the other hand is an EDM festival that also has carnival rides. I was able to ride on some of the rides since I always try to get there around 7 when it is pretty empty. Also, dancing from sunset to sunrise is an amazing feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by tezman View Post
    I agree with the pavement sentiment. Dancing on concrete for 3 days straight definitely has a toll on your feet. It's not that big of a deal.

What EDC offers over Ultra is the experience. Ultra is just crowds and music. EDC on the other hand is an EDM festival that also has carnival rides. I was able to ride on some of the rides since I always try to get there around 7 when it is pretty empty. Also, dancing from sunset to sunrise is an amazing feeling.
    very fair points...I've never been to Ultra so I can't compare. The experience of EDC is definitely awesome, so that's why I recommend it to people, I'm just trying to make the point that EDC could get the lineups Ultra gets, they just choose not to or don't care enough.

basspod was much better this year in terms of size and overall sound imo - last year was infinitely better in terms of production and the sound was just as good if you were up close, but was awful from further away

the main stage being a 360 degree experience really enclosed it more, making it a larger cluster fuck to get in and out of..even going around the back and entering back left was a shit show

pretty lights set was good but imo not stellar..a few of his transitions weren't the best and a few times he cut parts of songs out to make them shorter he ended up doing so not smoothly..overall still a good set but i expected a cleaner overall set from him

basspod sunday night was the most fun i've ever had at a rave period..loadstar, delta heavy, dirtyphonics, noisia, camo n krooked, hype...unreal

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    very fair points...I've never been to Ultra so I can't compare. The experience of EDC is definitely awesome, so that's why I recommend it to people, I'm just trying to make the point that EDC could get the lineups Ultra gets, they just choose not to or don't care enough.
    It costs money to set up the art installations and carnival rides. I'm sure they can pull an Ultra lineup if they spend all the money on booking fees and not on other miscellaneous things.

Ultra definitely did have some more appealing acts this year than edc but yea edc experience seems better, hoping for more of those ultra type acts listed above next year at edc

i figure a few of you will find this interesting and it seems timely: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012...fe?sc=fb&cc=fp
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

EXPERIENCE : EDC > ULTRA
    MUSIC: ULTRA > EDC

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    There's so much to do you don't have any down-time.

However, IN MY OPINION, they need to do something about crowding. They had no business adding the # of people they did this year (IN MY OPINION).

My second biggest complaint is that (IN MY OPINION) the lineup was blander than Mitt Romney. It was as if no thought was put into it. Of course there's a lot of good stuff, but the overall lineup is completely uninteresting. What do I expect, you ask? is it too much to ask for ONE act like Chemical Brothers, Justice, Aphex Twin, or Kraftwerk? I had a great time and I do not regret going one bit, but I will not by my ticket next year until I see a lineup
    I would definitely recommend going but for the $ it costs I think I'll do a different festival next year.

For reiteration: THIS IS ALL MY OPINION, NOT FACT
    You make down time by not being interested in every shitty Dj on the lineup. You want to trade these shitty djs for those shitty djs....these EDM massives are all the same with a few different faces and different arrangements. Different locations.
    These acts you want to see are at every other music festival. Repeat, Rewind shit.

How did you have no down time if the line up was so lame? I bet you were geeked up in there, going hard like a hamster on his wheel. Gettin it!

And also, you are doing it wrong. Just use the IMO or IMHO. Save some cyber space bud.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    You make down time by not being interested in every shitty Dj on the lineup. You want to trade these shitty djs for those shitty djs....these EDM massives are all the same with a few different faces and different arrangements. Different locations.
    These acts you want to see are at every other music festival. Repeat, Rewind shit.

How did you have no down time if the line up was so lame? I bet you were geeked up in there, going hard like a hamster on his wheel. Gettin it!

And also, you are doing it wrong. Just use the IMO or IMHO. Save some cyber space bud.
    Like a hamster on his wheel. Gettin' it!

Hamsters feed on disco biscuits and spin poi
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Hamsters feed on disco biscuits and spin poi
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I like how Randy has turned goat into an asshole on the boards.

Randy has done nothing but be a cocksucker.

I am an asshole on my own.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Please, you used to be nothing but incoherent blurts of plur. Now you're a cynical prick just like the rest of us.

The word bed looks like a bed.

These are things I think about

(if you're too lazy to read it all: no refunds)

Below is Insomniacís official response to your request:

Thank you for your attendance and support at this yearís Electric Daisy Carnival Las
    Vegas. We read your email and appreciate your input and comments. We are also glad
    to incorporate as many of your suggestions into next yearís event as possible. Every
    year we strive to make the experience better and better.

For most of Saturday night, from 7pm until just before 1am, EDC was operating on all
    cylinders. Unlike Friday and Sunday, when the weather was ideal, the unanticipated
    extremely high winds on Saturday night forced us to evacuate the primary stage areas
    in the interest of public safety. While our stages were built to withstand much higher
    winds without possibility of collapsing, there were gusts of wind in excess of 40mph. As
    you may know, at a couple of non-Insomniac outdoor concerts last summer, high winds
    were the cause of high profile stages collapsing -- resulting in tragedy for some innocent
    attendees.

Come rain or shine, we can accommodate the experience. But we all share the risk of
    changes caused by unpredictable, hazardous natural conditions.

Providing you with an experience you will remember your entire life is actually our
    second top priority; keeping you safe during your experience is our absolute number one
    top priority. We simply could not put any of you, our devoted supporters and extended
    family, in harmís way. We are an independently owned, boutique business, and we made
    a heartbreaking decision on Saturday night, but it was the right choice - everyone made it
    home safe and sound.

Your peaceful cooperation with the evacuation to safe areas was inspiring and historic.
    While the winds never calmed enough to resume the primary stage shows, Markus
    Schulz, Steve Aoki and other DJs performed impromptu sets on the Wide Awake art car
    and the Recharge sound system until dawn.

Insomniac can do many things, but one thing we cannot do is control Mother Nature.
    Consistent with our written ticket policy, Insomniac will not issue full or partial refunds
    to Electric Daisy Carnival ticket holders.

Here is the ticket refund policy that was in place upon your purchase for EDC Las Vegas
    ticket sales:

ďAll sales are final. There are no refunds, no cancellations, no credits, no exchanges,
    and no transfers after the order has been made. Unforeseen circumstances beyond
    Flavorusí control will not be grounds for a refund, including but not limited to the
    following: local or national weather conditions and natural disasters, waiting in lines,
    family and medical emergencies.

Promoters, Venue owners, Security and Event Staff have the right to refuse entry to
    any ticket holder, without a refund, for any reason at their discretion, including but
    not limited to: disorderly behavior, intoxication, venue capacity, breach of security

restrictions. Ticket holder is aware that the Venue and Talent are subject to change.
    Ticket holder is aware that amenities promised by promoters are not guaranteed by
    Flavorus and are not grounds for a refund, including but not limited to: VIP amenities,
    drink specials, gifts, express entry, special areas, celebrity guests.Ē

We wholeheartedly appreciate your understanding and we hope to have your continued
    support. We made Sunday even more special by firing double the fireworks and by using
    all of the flame and other special effects that couldn't be used on Saturday. Aviciiís
    unscheduled performance and Armin van Buurenís bonus performance were both added
    too. Perhaps most importantly, the energy and overall vibe brought by the fans on
    Sunday night was unbelievable.

Again, we read all of your emails and we listen to all of your comments. Please know
    that you have our absolute commitment for EDC 2013 to improve your experience in
    every way possible and to deliver you the greatest experience of your life!

Thank you for your support, and as always, for helping us bring the festival to life. We
    hope to see you at EDC 2013!

Sincerely,

The Insomniac Family

Missed your favorite DJs that you paid large sums of money to travel and see? Not to worry, DOUBLE FIREWORKS!

(Although I don't blame them. No one wants to be the asshole who killed a bunch of people by operating a festival in unsafe conditions.)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Missed your favorite DJs that you paid large sums of money to travel and see? Not to worry, DOUBLE FIREWORKS!

(Although I don't blame them. No one wants to be the asshole who killed a bunch of people by operating a festival in unsafe conditions.)
    Yeah I'm with you, I was really hoping for at least an offer on discounted Escape tickets to make up for missing half of Enter. How much was Escape last year by the way? Not more than $75 right?

At least those aren't very rare acts. In fact, they're some of the most prominent minimal/tech-house acts to tour the US. Still shitty. Save your money for festivals where a larger percentage of the lineup appeals to you. But I think you already figured that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

So happy I decided to see richie play at drais from 4-9:50

Bitchinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Crazy to see some of the old days. It skips 02, was that the one that was up north in that cow town? anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Oh...........just what I've been waiting for....thanks for this

Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Is this guy serious right now or trolling? Please record more versions of Levels we are in DIRE need here.

A 22-year-old woman who had paranoid delusions after taking drugs at the Electric Daisy Carnival died Monday after she fell from her Strip hotel room, according to her family and friends.

Emily McCaughan, a pre-med student at the University of Arizona, fell more than 20 stories from her Circus Circus hotel room to her death sometime after midnight Monday, the last night of the three-day music festival at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

McCaughan's family said she had taken the drug Ecstasy, a common drug used at raves.

The family was holding a memorial service in Scottsdale, Ariz., for McCaughan on Saturday and was still devastated by the news almost a week later.

"I can't handle this right now. I just can't deal with this right now," her weeping mother, Jaci McCaughan, said when reached by phone Friday.

Mignonne Walstad, the family's spokeswoman and a friend, said she wanted everyone to know that drugs were responsible for her death. McCaughan was not a regular drug user, she said.

"Damn it, they're just killers every single time," said Walstad, who said she was like a second mother to McCaughan and had known her since birth. "Please don't do drugs. ... Emily wasn't a drug addict, it was just a tragic accident."

The medical examiner confirmed McCaughan's death on Friday but had not announced an official cause of death.

Las Vegas police, who did not make the death public, said McCaughan fell from a 27th floor to a roof on the third floor. Police are still investigating the circumstances of her fall.

Walstad said McCaughan had been partying at the festival with a group of five friends who had all been taking drugs. She spoke to McCaughan's friends about the night, she said.

Sometime during the early hours of the festival on Sunday night, her friends said McCaughan began to panic after taking an MDMA pill, more commonly known as Ecstasy - a psychoactive drug with stimulant and hallucinogenic properties that can cause severe anxiety and paranoia.

McCaughan believed that a man was stalking her, and she wanted to leave the festival early, Walstad said.

"Her girlfriends from the group tried to console her and calm her down and reassure her that no one is here looking at us," she said.

But McCaughan only became more agitated. Friends took her to EDC security guards and asked them to call a cab.

The friends allowed McCaughan to ride alone back to Circus Circus, a fact that still bothers Walstad.

"A friend never leaves a friend," she said. "And they left her."

It's unclear exactly what happened when McCaughan arrived at the hotel room, but the young woman was very distressed, Walstad said.

She began sending Facebook messages to her friends at the festival begging for help, writing that "they haven't come for me yet."

McCaughan had attempted to barricade the door and had removed the SIM card from her phone so she couldn't be tracked, Walstad said.

Her friends received McCaughan's terrified messages and gathered their crew to return to the hotel. The process took about an hour, Walstad said.

By the time they got back, McCaughan had disappeared. Hotel security initiated a search and later found her body.

The petite woman appeared to have squeezed through the window bars in her hotel room.

Her uncle, Mike Kelly, said authorities found footprints on the ledge outside her window. No one in the family had doubts about what happened.

"Emily wasn't a person to commit suicide," Kelly said. "She was a happy person and had a ton of friends."

A friend of McCaughan wrote on Facebook: "EDC claims a friends life. I lost a dear friend this weekend. Been friends with her since we were in diapers."

It's unknown whether the family will pursue legal action in connection with the death.

The family of a 15-year-old girl who overdosed on Ecstasy at the festival at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in 2010 and later died will receive a settlement of $190,000 on behalf of the stadium, event promoter Insomniac and a former Coliseum manager, lawyers said earlier this month. Because of the death, organizers moved the festival to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2011. This was the festival's second year in Las Vegas.

An Insomniac representative did not have an immediate comment about McCaughan's death.

"This is the first I am hearing of the tragic accident, as it did not occur at/during the event," said Erika Raney, director of communications for Insomniac.

Walstad said the family was focusing their energy on remembering McCaughan's life.

No other deaths had been reported as of Friday. A 31-year-old Florida man was still in critical condition Friday after being struck by a truck Monday morning while leaving EDC.

Emily McCaughan's father, Richard, said he was still in denial about her death. He didn't believe his daughter would have used drugs despite the reports from friends.

"I'm suspecting there was foul play, and I don't think the police are investigating it," he said.

McCaughan said his daughter was an extraordinary girl who dreamed of being a doctor. She was supposed to travel to Thailand later this year on a charitable mission and had been to Peru and Honduras, he said.

She was the type of person who was making America stronger, he said.

"She spent a lot of time trying to get everyone, including her mom and dad, to do everything right. She was living her dreams and wondering why other people weren't working hard to do the same," McCaughan said. "She was loved intensely by everybody that knew her. ... She was the glue that held this family together."

Emily McCaughan had two brothers and an older sister, Megan, who was her best friend despite their six-year age difference, he said. The family was raised in Lake Stevens, Wash., before relocating to Arizona. Friends and family in Washington held a candlelight vigil for McCaughan on Friday.

"She would have made any dad proud," he said. "The question is, can the people she loved live up to her standards?"

Contact reporter Mike Blasky at mblasky@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0283.
    Last edited by Timestretch; 06-16-2012 at 03:16 PM.

:-(

Upcoming shows
    Events

Terrible news. As a pre med she should have known better not to mix drugs or even ingest drugs. I highly doubt it was just X that she took.

why is a lawsuit even mentioned in that article? who would they sue? and the dad thinking it was foul play? oh my.