Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

I'd be all over this thing if I was maybe 10 years younger, and Mugwog was driving. I'm always up for goofy stages and fireworks and over the top production, and it seems like there's enough for technoheads too. I haven't been to an EDC in at least 5 years but I've had fun there when Mark Farina spins.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    are people really complaining about stages? holy shit, they were all fine, what do you honestly to expect them to have? What did they not have that other stages at other festivals have? They all had great sound and that's all that really matters
    Nos tanks, ese ravers, naked bitches, mirror tables with lots of blow, gun shots, graffiti, bums, grime, sky scrapers....

I agree that this music is best underground and anything you people here know about is burnt out by the time it gets to you. Feel special. Feel cool.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Nos tanks, ese ravers, naked bitches, mirror tables with lots of blow, gun shots, graffiti, bums, grime, sky scrapers....

I agree that this music is best underground and anything you people here know about is burnt out by the time it gets to you. Feel special. Feel cool.
    So people who enjoy music later than you enjoy it are inferior to you? You sound like an awesome person

I love how all you dorks talk about Pasqualle like he is your buddy.
    You really get to know someone when you follow their Twitter account.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    First of all: That guy on the floor in the sun - where did he get his drugs from?

Second, it is my opinion for those of you who had a sour time, that you had the wrong drugs and wrong approach to the festival. In my opinion, if you had left earlier, done your research on the fastest route there and talked to your drug dealer and possibly tested the drugs before you took them to Vegas, you may have had a better time. For those of you who were sober, perhaps you did not research the lineup? Everyone complains about cheese house djs, but there was more than that there, in my opinion. I enjoyed spending time at the hard style stage and I enjoyed this massive. I also enjoy LNTB festivals too, which this was clearly the opposite of, in my opinion of course.

I'll be going to this festival for years to come, i had a blast, you're probably doing it wrong if you didn't, in my opinion of course.

Regarding the water refill stations: There was less tips for the volunteers, but the line waits for water were less than a minute.
    Good for you. Whatever makes you happy, man. This festival was a major dissapointment. And fuck your hardstyle. That has to be the most obnoxious music ever.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 06-14-2012 at 01:48 PM.

So people who enjoy music later than you enjoy it are inferior to you? You sound like an awesome person
    Yes....this
    "Nos tanks, ese ravers, naked bitches, mirror tables with lots of blow, gun shots, graffiti, bums, grime, sky scrapers....

I agree that this music is best underground and anything you people here know about is burnt out by the time it gets to you. Feel special. Feel cool."

Means this "people who enjoy music later than you enjoy it are inferior to you"

F- start sixth grade again clown.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    You really get to know someone when you follow their Twitter account.
    hahahha right. I grew up in the scene with this guy and a lot of his lackeys. Not someone I would even pretend to like or know. All the houses in Malibu and naked teenagers could never change my mind either.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Yes....this
    "Nos tanks, ese ravers, naked bitches, mirror tables with lots of blow, gun shots, graffiti, bums, grime, sky scrapers....

I agree that this music is best underground and anything you people here know about is burnt out by the time it gets to you. Feel special. Feel cool."

Means this "people who enjoy music later than you enjoy it are inferior to you"

F- start sixth grade again clown.

hahahha right. I grew up in the scene with this guy and a lot of his lackeys. Not someone I would even pretend to like or know. All the houses in Malibu and naked teenagers could never change my mind either.
    Then what do you mean by the second part?

I mean what the fuck I typed. The magic is gone by the time a festival crowd gets to it.

When a track is being handed around and making asses shake in the underground it has a special meaning.
    The inception of most things is more beautiful than the rest of its life cycle.

Puppies
    Kittens
    Chicks
    Tadpoles
    Underground untz
    You wanna fook on me?!

Visionary

The basspod was a disappointment this year. I felt that it was place in an awkward position with sound bleed from qdance and kinetic. Last year it was way better. Idk why they didn't just recycle it.

Hate to admit that I had the most fun during Kaskade's set.

Visionary indeed

This gives me a headache reading all this bull shit you all have been bitching about. I had fun, yes it could have better. / thread!

EDC 2013 Thread is sure to be a winner

Because Kucky said so.....stop everything.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Here's an unnecessary amount of videos I took.

View from the stands on sunday

The shut down

John Digweed

Walking through the crowd during Carl Cox

UMEK

The hardstyle stage

Armin with some fireworks
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

are people really complaining about stages? holy shit, they were all fine, what do you honestly to expect them to have? What did they not have that other stages at other festivals have? They all had great sound and that's all that really matters
    I voiced complaint on two stages. One of which being the basspod, felt like a complete and total forgotten after thought in comparison to the other stages. It was definitely the red headed step child, and I was disappointed because that was the stage I favored most. Kinda got the vibe that it suffered due to the Q-dance stage being present.

Issue with the main stage being that Pasqualle had been hyping it up to be bigger and better than last years (which felt like it was the size of a fucking home depot for crying out loud, with insane production/pyro/visuals basically just super over the top) only to fall very short of what it was hyped up to be, and what it actually was last year. The other stages were great!

And what is funny to me is that people are in here complaining about the things that have not changed since all the hullabaloo and exposure began around EDC 2010. I would probably compare EDC to a very well written Michael Bay movie, if that existed. There will be lots of bang for your buck, some parts will be better than others, with possibly a couple mind blowing moments, but overall it should just be looked at as pure entertainment. That way anything beyond that will be unexpected as I've already said, and you will still have a great time. OR just completely forget about edc and start looking in the DEMF thread

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by pezGato View Post
    Hate to admit that I had the most fun during Kaskade's set.
    I have heard a lot of people say that. I missed out on Kaskade since he is at almost every Insomniac event and I've already seen him times more than I want to.
    Last edited by tezman; 06-14-2012 at 03:40 PM.

If edc blindly turned all the headliners into crushing techno everyone would complain about the lineup for two weeks and then transcend on arrival.

They would also save a million dollars, and nick.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Did anyone catch pretty lights?
    You wanna fook on me?!

Pretty lights was my favorite show of the festival (close second was digweed right afterward). Played a good mix of stuff off his albums and a few things from others on his label. Didn't play any of the shitty dubstep he's been releasing lately. I still miss the drummer he used to play with it added a lot to his live shows
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    I voiced complaint on two stages. One of which being the basspod, felt like a complete and total forgotten after thought in comparison to the other stages. It was definitely the red headed step child, and I was disappointed because that was the stage I favored most. Kinda got the vibe that it suffered due to the Q-dance stage being present.

Issue with the main stage being that Pasqualle had been hyping it up to be bigger and better than last years (which felt like it was the size of a fucking home depot for crying out loud, with insane production/pyro/visuals basically just super over the top) only to fall very short of what it was hyped up to be, and what it actually was last year. The other stages were great!
    Firstly, what was wrong with the bass pod? I only saw High Contrast and DJ Hype there and I didn't notice anything it lacked compared to the other stages, if anything it had the coolest lights I thought because those lazers were going crazy.

The mainstage was the same size if not bigger than last year's, and the way it was set up was unique. Again I don't understand what people expect from a stage..its like you all want there to be 3d lighting and holograms coming out of every single one and have them shaped in extraordinary ways

the mainstage was definitely the worst setup as far as crowding was concerned, entering/leaving that stage was the only time i felt like i was wading through a crowd and it was entirely because there were only a couple of entrances to the stage. Once you got 1/3 to halfway in there became plenty of room to dance. The light setup wasn't anything super special, but that meant almost no down time between performers and no major technical problems. I'll take a smoothly run event over each artist getting to set up their own stage when we're talking edm
    5/17 Chet Faker
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Firstly, what was wrong with the bass pod? I only saw High Contrast and DJ Hype there and I didn't notice anything it lacked compared to the other stages, if anything it had the coolest lights I thought because those lazers were going crazy.

The mainstage was the same size if not bigger than last year's, and the way it was set up was unique. Again I don't understand what people expect from a stage..its like you all want there to be 3d lighting and holograms coming out of every single one and have them shaped in extraordinary ways
    Did you see the basspod in 2011? Did you see the mainstage in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    Pretty lights was my favorite show of the festival (close second was digweed right afterward). Played a good mix of stuff off his albums and a few things from others on his label. Didn't play any of the shitty dubstep he's been releasing lately. I still miss the drummer he used to play with it added a lot to his live shows
    Yeah...he said the drummer was confining and it wouldn't work out in the direction he was going....something fishy about that...2009/2010 had me Wylie with the drummer. That was a huge selling point.

So was Empire of the Sun there too? I never even saw a lineup. How was that if they played?
    You wanna fook on me?!

No empire of the sun, last year definitely had more live-ish acts

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Did you see the basspod in 2011? Did you see the mainstage in 2011?
    Yes. The basspod was too crowded last year and the stage was just that little circular thing, I thought they improved it this year. The mainstage last year was similar to this years' except the 3D effect. You may have thought it was smaller because there was more people this year and the mainstage attracted more people to it this year probably.

The lasers made it better but aside from that it was 4 draped sides with a projector.

edit: regarding the mainstage, I will consider your point, but also imagine if it didn't have the 360 degree effect how small it may have seemed.

I'm still bummed about the lack of a board meetup. Did anyone else actually go there at 145? I did but was kinda laughing at myself cuz of how impossible it would have been to find anyone there
    5/17 Chet Faker
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Had a harem of Canadian gals. I couldn't let them know I was meetin people from the internet. They had barely gotten used to the wig

I stayed away from this thread in the immediate aftermath of EDC because I didn't feel like dealing with the bullshit. But now that the dust is settled, I'll offer my two cents.

IN MY OPINION, EDC is really fun, but it's flawed. ALL the stages and art-installations are awesome. There's so much to do you don't have any down-time. The water refill stations were the best I've ever seen (coachella needs to adopt this format). The sound was solid. The shuttles were easy to get on and pretty well organized leaving. Coming back and chilling on the strip til well after sunrise was a very cool experience.

However, IN MY OPINION, they need to do something about crowding. They had no business adding the # of people they did this year (IN MY OPINION). They have around, what, 40k more people each day than Coachella? The logistics are a nightmare. 4 hours to check into my hotel room? 90 minutes EACH WAY on the shuttle (with annoying drunk bros yelling "E-D-mothafuckin-C!!" in my ear the entire time)? TSA-style patdowns taking an hour to get in? I literally spent as much time waiting in line as I did listening to music. I understand some of this isn't their fault, but they choose to have the event at this venue and that's not changing anytime soon.

My second biggest complaint is that (IN MY OPINION) the lineup was blander than Mitt Romney. It was as if no thought was put into it. Of course there's a lot of good stuff, but the overall lineup is completely uninteresting. What do I expect, you ask? Ultra-style lineups. IN MY OPINION, Ultra has killed EDC in the lineup department the past two years. They get cheese too, but they also get some bigger, interesting acts to balance it out. I'm not even asking for Ultra acts like Trentemoller, Modeselektor, DJ Shadow, Flying Lotus, or any of the bands they get. But is it too much to ask for ONE act like Chemical Brothers, Justice, Aphex Twin, or Kraftwerk? I had a great time and I do not regret going one bit, but I will not by my ticket next year until I see a lineup.

There are other things that make this a less-than-ideal festival for me (like being on pavement, not grass, for instance) but these are my biggest two complaints. If they could cure those two things I'd definitely go again next year but as of now I think doing this once is enough. I would definitely recommend going but for the $ it costs I think I'll do a different festival next year.

For reiteration: THIS IS ALL MY OPINION, NOT FACT
    Last edited by Bons222000; 06-14-2012 at 07:13 PM.