Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Your the one who sounds like an elitist with your assumption that EDC is for people who are into "electronic music" (a moniker which actually spans far outside the shit they book @ raves )

lol, have fun
    I'm confused by this. What other music would an EDC attendee be going for? Country? Soft rock? Classical? And how is that elitist?

Your the one who sounds like an elitist with your assumption that EDC is for people who are into "electronic music" (a moniker which actually spans far outside the shit they book @ raves )

lol, have fun
    The jokes on you pal, what'd you expect? edm got big, people clamored to it and bought up the idea that you have to dress like a douche to attend. Look at edc's line up last year, there was cheese, but there was quality too. And those photos you posted were from edc 2010 in LA, an entirely different vibe from edc 2011 in Vegas. So gtfo, why don't you go start a thread for some super-underground warehouse party you know of, and stay the fuck out of this one cause we're all gonna have a good ass fucking time with or without your dumbass remarks.

It may have been an entirely different vibe in Vegas (I can't say because I refused to attend any EDC in LA) but let me just say that the outfits these kids are wearing are absolutely disgusting. It was not a pretty sight after the sun rose over the desert to see fat chubbies walking around with fishnets, thongs, and pasties. fucking electric pasty carnival. bruises all over thunder thighs and faces looking like they've been to hell and back. That is one major drawback to parties ending when the sun is up. People need to really invest in sunglasses, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Moving on to pertinent information for all you guys that will still be purchasing your 3 day passes. Per Insomniac's email this morning:

After selling out our early bird tickets in less than 36 hours, we're excited to announce our Tier 2 tickets will go on sale on January 3, 2012, along with added hotel packages and a layaway ticket purchase option.
    Three-day General Admission tickets will start at $215, three-day VIP tickets are to start at $500 each. There will be a very limited quantity of single-day tickets available at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    I'm confused by this. What other music would an EDC attendee be going for? Country? Soft rock? Classical? And how is that elitist?
    It's a bit ostentatious to say that Electric Daisy Carnival = Electronic Music, no? Because it merely represents a niche that falls under the extreeeeemely expansive moniker of "electronic music."

HAHAHHahahaha, going to Insomniac high school ravez does not have a correlation with "being into electronic music." Maybe more so I heard Afrojack on the mainstream pop station last week.

lol, have fun
    You're trying way too hard man.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

It may have been an entirely different vibe in Vegas (I can't say because I refused to attend any EDC in LA) but let me just say that the outfits these kids are wearing are absolutely disgusting. It was not a pretty sight after the sun rose over the desert to see fat chubbies walking around with fishnets, thongs, and pasties. fucking electric pasty carnival. bruises all over thunder thighs and faces looking like they've been to hell and back. That is one major drawback to parties ending when the sun is up. People need to really invest in sunglasses, too.
    The classic Sunglasses Dilemma. Do I take my sunglasses with me and cary them around all night hoping they don't get scratched, broken, or lost just for that precious hour after when I'll really want them? Or do I leave them at home and bite the bullet when the sun comes up?

Sadly that's how it is in LA too. Every "EDM massive" you go to this is how people dress. Everyone dresses like that because they call it a "rave" and could say they fit in perfectly.
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    The classic Sunglasses Dilemma. Do I take my sunglasses with me and cary them around all night hoping they don't get scratched, broken, or lost just for that precious hour after when I'll really want them? Or do I leave them at home and bite the bullet when the sun comes up?
    I'm usually the one rocking them all night. It helps me block everyone out and get into my zone.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

I remember that one fat girl in the fishnet suit thing, looked like a neon ham!

thanks for the info choice cat. posted to OP

i hate the way people dress at these events, but i'm willing to deal with it to experience the music that i love. it's not that serious. i choose to bite the bullet in the sunglasses department. i look like a tool with glasses day or night so i just don't wear them.

99 cent store sunglasses are my secret and I will never complain about girls in skimpy clothing dancing sexy in front of me whilst I trip balls. Unless they are "Torrid" sized.

You don't have to look directly at a butterface.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Moving on to pertinent information for all you guys that will still be purchasing your 3 day passes. Per Insomniac's email this morning:
    arguing about the way people dress up at any massive is pointless. thanks 4 the info choicecat, i wonder if the ticket holders of the first tier get any hotel options...

Get 99 cent sunglasses, pop out lenses at nighttime. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I never said High Contrast threw down an amazing set, but I did enjoy the start and the end of the set it was just the middle I didn't like. Nowhere near as good as the Coachella set and all the recordings I have of other sets, that's for sure. I will say that Green Velvet, Gaiser, UMEK and Hawtin were all stellar though, probably one of the best solid blocks of quality music that I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. I do like far more mainstream music than you are willing to venture toward though which is why I'm all about it. I ended up leaving before Bukem and I'm glad I did, I would have been waiting for a cab for at least 2-3 hours if we had stayed for Bukem and we ended up only having to wait an hour. A limo will fix that this year, fuck cabs.
    i feel like that coachella High Contrast set was a fluke...I loved it..but evey other time I seen em it was whatever...love the studio stuff so its prob a crowd thing.
    You wanna fook on me?!

posted at the same time as you, wasn't trying to skip over your post. But I agree. I mean I do understand the want by girls to try and dress sexy, wearing ridiculous outfits etc. Cause thats what they think is a major part of going to the rave (LOL). But regarding the chubbies you mentioned, why can't they realize they would have a much better chance of looking sexy/appealing if they just put on some more clothes? Hide the fat?

WHORE OUTFITS ARE NOT FOR EVERY GIRL, BITCHEz!!

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    posted at the same time as you, wasn't trying to skip over your post. But I agree. I mean I do understand the want by girls to try and dress sexy, wearing ridiculous outfits etc. Cause thats what they think is a major part of going to the rave (LOL). But regarding the chubbies you mentioned, why can't they realize they would have a much better chance of looking sexy/appealing if they just put on some more clothes? Hide the fat?

WHORE OUTFITS ARE NOT FOR EVERY GIRL, BITCHEz!!
    Seriously... I mean they say "dress your age." Well, dress your weight too please. Girls just like to dress up, unfortunately the fat ones are no exception. I saw a whale of a chick at edc vegas last year during Bingo Players (i think) with the whitest skin ever dressed in nothing but panties and full body fishnet

Coachella Weekend #1

yes, the pasties were gone

Coachella Weekend #1

The way girls/people dress at massives is the last fucking thing I care about. Nobody I hang out with dresses that way. We're all on the same page about being there for the music and a good time. If anything, its good that those people dress douchey/slutty because those people tend to be stupid/douchey so I can just avoid interacting with them preemptively when I see them coming.

And, yeah some people dress like retards but plenty of people don't. Look how many people in that picture above are dressed normal.

Sometimes we miss the forest for the trees.

Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 11-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    But what about the morning sun on the drive back?!

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    Lens-less glasses? You're just as bad as the rest of them...
    2013 Wishlist:

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    i feel like that coachella High Contrast set was a fluke...I loved it..but evey other time I seen em it was whatever...love the studio stuff so its prob a crowd thing.
    I felt his set at Coachella was extremely well constructed for the crowd. The other 3 times I've seen him at festivals or raves have definitely been catered to that type of crowd BUT his set a week prior to Coachella in Portland was fucking excellent (very small venue, again, constructed flawlessly). This makes the man a terrific dj, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    The way girls/people dress at massives is the last fucking thing I care about. Nobody I hang out with dresses that way. We're all on the same page about being there for the music and a good time. If anything, its good that those people dress douchey/slutty because those people tend to be stupid/douchey so I can just avoid interacting with them preemptively when I see them coming.

And, yeah some people dress like retards but plenty of people don't. Look how many people in that picture above are dressed normal.

Sometimes we miss the forest for the trees.

Also, let's look at a festival he's probable a big fan of, DEMF. Here's some pics of the classy people that attend that festival...

Oh so much better..

Quote Originally Posted by OnRepeating View Post
    Lens-less glasses? You're just as bad as the rest of them...
    Hey man, I have no problem dressing up a little bit if it means I don't have to carry my sunglasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

everyone is so un-plur, do you all need a hug?
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

maybe some balloons?

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

just take some time and smile, laugh! quit fucking worrying about wtf people are wearing and start worrying about wtf people are playing on stage, if you like it, dance, if not, go to another stage.

Also, wtf is wrong with skimpy clothing?

I know for a fact I'm not the only person on this board who occasionally likes skanky girls.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Im down with the skimpy clothing is long as they follow the simple rule: Dress your weight.

Coachella Weekend #1

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Also, let's look at a festival he's probable a big fan of, DEMF. Here's some pics of the classy people that attend that festival...

Oh so much better..

ohhhhhh burned!

Coachella Weekend #1

how do you guys feel about the "FREE HUGS" guy?