Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

33% off next insomniac event purchase would suffice
    Just make codes linked to flavorus accounts that bought the tickets

But then that turns into, well I bought my ticket off stubhub or craigslist ....

They can do it exactly like they did the bassrush coupon code, just email it out, individual codes

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    But then that turns into, well I bought my ticket off stubhub or craigslist ....
    "We at Insomniac recommend you only purchase tickets through our official vendor flavorus"

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Pasquale is great at appeasing his customers, I think there will be some sort of compensation if they can afford to. These things probably just take a couple days to figure.
    Like not booking any talent for next year?
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Like not booking any talent for next year?
    I'm pretty sure what he meant by that article was not booking the same big names every year (tiesto, guetta, avicii, etc) and instead booking smaller artists or maybe the good underground ones, atleast that's what I hope he meant

Hop off of Pasquale's nuts, nick. It's not going to fundamentally change in any significant way.
    Last edited by guedita; 06-13-2012 at 02:33 PM.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

It'd be pretty fascinating to see play out if it did though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

#WHOTHEFUCKARETHESEDJS

EDC 2013: featuring stages curated by Basic Channel, Raster Noton, Perc Trax, and Strobescopic Artifacts. Exclusive production provided by the ghost of Francis Bacon.

Funny things is ... though EDC lacks the demand to take any real risks, Coachella certainly does not. GV could swing for the fences with some really leftfield stuff in the Sahara and yet they seem to be playing it w/ ever-increasing safety.

And spending more money to do so to boot.

Mystifying business from where I sit. Unnecessarily drain coffers? Check. Tarnish festival rep? Check. Better prep for a rude awakening when the floor falls out from under this "EDM" boomlet. I give it 12 mos.

Hop off of Pasquale's nuts, nick. It's not going to fundamentally change in any significant way.
    Decided to click "show post" even though I knew it wouldn't be a good idea. I said "I hope". I'm not on his nuts, that's just the way I interpreted that article and some wishful thinking.

How about you hop off MY nuts and stop following me into every thread I go into? Why are you even in this thread if you don't go to EDC? Just to hate? These are rhetorical questions by the way, feel free to reply if you'd like but I won't be viewing your answer

I think she likes you

"Why say anything about anything at all, if you aren't an intricate part of thing being said?" Nick the promoter/philosopher mused.

"It's my interpretation, which can oft be likened to an opinion of a material, digested," Nick the promoter/philosopher opined.

Here's my review of EDC, who I saw each day and thoughts, overall impression at the end.

Fri: got there early at around 6:00 which is when I thought the gates were supposed to open, parked in the lot closest to Gate A, near where the press parked. Got in line and waited until 6:50 when the gates opened, got through in less than 5 minutes then went and explored with my gf, wasn't too many people I wanted to see early on, so just checked out the different stages and rides/art. First full set I saw was Hardwell, which was the only set I saw on the mainstage. His set was pretty predictable, nothing special. We left as Knife Party was starting, who I had seen the previous night and it sounded like they were going to play the exact same set..headed over to the Circuit Grounds (Group Therapy stage) and watched some of Norin & Rad who were alright, but then headed to the Cosmic Meadow for a little of Max Vangeli and AN21. Their set was pretty boring and they played what seemed like a watered down version of a Swedish House Mafia set. Went back to the trance stage and watched Gabriel and Dresden, they were pretty good, was waiting for Mat Zo though. He didn't show up, apparently got stuck in traffic and didn't leave the strip in time, so G&D played an extra hour, which consisted of mostly trance mashups and it wasn't as good as the first half of their set. A&B came on next and they were pretty great, probably one of my favorite sets from Fri. After them we went to eat and then caught High Contrast who played a good set, my other favorite of the night. Ended Friday with Sunnery James & Ryan M who were decent, wish I had gone back to the trance stage though for Super 8 & Tab and apparently Mat Zo who ended up going on after them. Left at around 5:10, got back to my hotel at around 5:30, left parking lot immediately but was some traffic on the way back.

Sat: Arrived early again, parked in exact same spot, got in at same time and went straight to the Cosmic Meadow. Visionquest was pretty cool, didn't have a big crowd but a lot of people were passing by them and enjoying it as they entered through the entrance that was near that stage. Seth Troxler came on after and played a great set, watched most of it from the stands as the sun set, pretty cool experience. Went to watch Andy C who was decent but I was a little disappointed, gf wasn't too into it so we went to check out the trance stage and then the end of Josh Wink who I wish I had seen more of. Next we went to Digitalism and that set wasn't doing it for us so we left shortly, it must have got better though based on what others have said. Watched the second half of Magda which was cool and then Gaiser which was incredible, favorite set of Saturday. Left Gaiser a little early though because my gf wanted to eat and see Calvin Harris, we got to the mainstage as it was closing, heard some announcement but couldn't understand what it was but figured it out due to the wind and everyone leaving the stage. We began heading to the trance stage but it also got closed on our way so we went back to the Enter stage to wait for the music to start up again and for Dubfire/Richie, which never happened :/ left at 2:30 after it was looking like the stages wouldn't be reopened, got out of parking lot immediately but sat in traffic for about 40 minutes until we got back to our hotel, not too bad but the worse of all 3 days for me.

Sun: High hopes for this day after what happened last night, again parked in same spot, arrived early, got in immediately at 7:00 and headed to Guy Gerber. His set was a big disappointment and he was playing songs like SHM's "Greyhound" and other top 40 electro shit, not sure why. Went to A*S*Y*S* for a little and he wasn't playing much of his productions which I enjoy so then I went to check out The M Machine which was supposed to be live but ended up being a DJ set with 2 of them mixing with either Ableton or Traktor, some of it was okay but they generally played the same electro house stuff most others were playing so I left and headed to Dennis Ferrer. His set was enjoyable and he seemed to be having a good time, but I was really waiting for Nic Fancuilli and Joris Voorn, one of the sets I was really excited for. Joris didn't make it for some reason but Nic played a fantastic set so I wasn't too disappointed. I saw the beginning of Nicole Moudaber but decided to walk around a little. Checked out Tritonal which seemed to be one of them mixing and playing nothing but hard hitting trance while the other one jumped around. People were enjoying it though and everyone at that stage was super happy and nice. Saw the beginning of Armin which was okay but I expected better, then went to Major Lazer who were playing what I had expected, that was pretty fun. Caught the beginning of Chase & Status before going to eat and walking past Pretty Lights. Headed over to John Digweed who was incredible. The bass during that set was definitely the most powerful of the entire weekend and his set was really deep and unique from most of the others. Carl Cox was also a lot of fun, and some of my friends who had never experienced anything but mainstream stuff went to it and also had a great time and were caught off guard by it. Watched a little of Danny then finished it off with DJ Hype, a good drum n bass set. Left at 5:15, exited the parking lot immediately again and got back to my hotel at 5:45.

Overall thoughts: I had a great time and everything inside the festival seemed really organized. The lineup had at least one entertaining set to me at almost each time slot. Each stage seemed to have a decently sized crowd during the majority of the festival but I still had plenty of room at every set. I was completely sober the whole time and it seemed like a lot of other people were and that was cool. Free water makes a huge difference and I wish every festival would start doing it. I was really bummed about Saturday night but I think they made the right call. Which looks worse as a headline "EDC ended early due to severe winds" or "3 dead or 10 injured due to severe winds at EDC", and after hearing what a few security guards said the next day it seemed like they definitely made the right decision to end it. I wish they had Richie play at the stage by the stands where everyone was though, that would have been awesome; that stage was the most stable because it was up against the media building. The entire experience was awesome and I don't understand why people blame insomniac for traffic issues. It isn't their fault that there is only one road going to and from the speedway and there isn't really anything they can do about it, traffic sucks and if you hate it then get their early each night and enjoy more music and less traffic. The lineup could have been better but I think they really had something enjoyable for everyone during most of the festival. Hopefully the lineup will be better next year, with less of the same big names as always. It's really cool watching the sun set and rise in the same place while enjoying 12 hours of music all night long and you can't get that at other festivals. Excited for next year and I plan on doing everything the exact same way since it worked out perfectly this time

thesezzz eventzz rulez nobobydz needzzz anyz moneyz backz

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Tell us more about these friends who were only into mainstream stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

#WHOTHEFUCKARETHESEDJS
    You are the greatest.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by Oranix View Post
    yeah. i may buy it and then if the lineup sucks sell it for some profit.

hoping because they screwed us 3 day passers for saturday. maybe they will give us a better discount or something. fuck.
    People like you are so damn obnoxious. How did THEY screw you on Saturday?

Is there an ETA for an Insomniac message board?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    "We at Insomniac recommend you only purchase tickets through our official vendor flavorus"
    you make a good point. I'll be curious to see if anything pans out with the refund situation.

BUT then, the next question is , what to do about next year? It seems that this area being in the desert is proned to high winds. Will people still be as willing to purchase tickets knowing that the SOL factor could very well happen?

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    do something for me. STOP FILMING LIKE THE CAMERA IS ON MUCH DRUGS AS YOU ARE.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    do something for me. STOP FILMING LIKE THE CAMERA IS ON MUCH DRUGS AS YOU ARE.
    Yeah listen to this guy, STAND PERFECTLY STILL AND DON'T MOVE YOUR CAMERA AT ALL AT A MUSIC EVENT YOU PAID MONEY TO GO ENJOY SO THAT HE CAN HAVE A BETTER TIME WATCHING YOUR BOOTLEG VIDEO AFTERWARDS

Well 4 days for me of bass music was too much. I was bored by day 3. I did bassrush massive on thursday. Riding carnival rides was fun for about ten minutes plus the 2 hr wait in line for them. It was fantastic not being able to have a single moment without music blasting in your head. DJ after DJ , no who needs time to applause or soak in a set when you can shovel another dj down your throat without wait times. Hanglider ride was fantastic. If your single the 18 year old strippers with pasties and thongs on were great. that was about 50% of the crowd.The other wore fuzzy boots with tutus. Who needs a custom stage when you have fireworks and mutiple screens. Much better IMO. The shuttle rides were also fantastic I spent a few hours on those.

And also as for the good shit vs the bad shit.

the Kaskade vs the Carl Cox

. One sucks and the other is boring.

The cosmic meadown was filled with people falling asleep. The kinetic field was full of morons.

My take EDM is overrated as a whole. It cant stand alone, it is a good complimentary piece but lacks depth as a genre.

I love some edm but no way will it ever compare to a human up there pouring its heart out.

A shallow fest for a drugged out community. This was the worst fest ive ever attended. I now know im not a raver. Thank God

Well 4 days for me of bass music was too much. I was bored by day 3.

Were you mostly at the bassrush stage all 3 days? or...

who needs time to applause or soak in a set when you can shovel another dj down your throat without wait times.
    And also as for the good shit vs the bad shit.

How dare they for wanting to have as much music as possible and not making people wait there standing between sets...

the Kaskade vs the Carl Cox

. One sucks and the other is boring.

Carl Cox was on Sunday, Kaskade was on Friday, what the fuck are you talking about? and even if they were on the same day...that's why there's 7 stages..Carl Cox boring though? Alright

The cosmic meadown was filled with people falling asleep. The kinetic field was full of morons.

I didn't see anyone falling asleep at the cosmic meadow..and again what about the other 5 stages..

lol so you feel cosmic meadow had an excited vibe to it?