Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Had a pretty great time this weekend, despite Saturday's early shut down. The shuttle situation at my hotel (Alexis Park Resort) was absolutely fantastic, we left around 545 from the hotel and were in the venue by 7:20 on Friday and Saturday. We decided to drive on Sunday since a few friends needed a ride...that was a mistake, it took nearly 2 hours to get in.

Talent-wise, Friday was full of cheese house, I followed around my whole group for the majority of the night and ended up seeing acts I've already seen or who I didn't give a shit about. I wanted to see Paper Diamond over Hardwell but the group insisted so I followed...boring and generic. Friday was easily my least favorite day.

Saturday was turning out to be one of the best nights ever, I was cruising around with one friend to all of the acts we wanted to see. Andy C was great, friends who aren't even into DnB were digging him. Emalkay absolutely slayed at the Bass Pod, one of my favorite sets of the weekend for sure. The winds were admittedly pretty damn bad, but being at the small Bass Pod, I had no idea they were as severe as they were (I heard about the large screens on the main stage swinging from the gusts, that's pretty scary). The night had been perfect up until the cancellation, I was able to see everyone I had wanted to, and I was really looking forward to seeing Richie Hawtin as I have never seen him before. Oh well, he's fairly regular at Insomniac events these days.

Sunday was fantastic as well. First things first: Carl motherfucking Cox. set of the weekend, absolutely stole the show, one of the best sets I've ever seen. I took friends of mine over to the Cosmic Meadow to catch some of Cox's set as well as a bit of Digweed. I'm happy to say that I successfully turned them on to a side of electronic music they had not really ventured into before I showed them. And the sound at the Cosmic Meadow was absolutely insane, better than the main stage in my opinion. Wasn't really digging the vibes at the main stage, the sound seemed from where we were standing and was dominated by bass and had very little highs and mids, and I wasn't a fan of the people there.

Overall, great weekend. Sound seemed a little off at all the stages, did anyone else notice or was it just me?

And, as a final addition, one of my favorite new songs of the weekend, this shit went off:

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post

Overall, great weekend. Sound seemed a little off at all the stages, did anyone else notice or was it just me?
    Which stages? I thought it sounded great at each one I was at. I heard there was some bass issues with the mainstage though

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Fucking Gaiser. The $100 I spent on a Saturday ticket was almost worth it just for Digitalism, Magda, and Gaiser.
    They really did a great DJ set, totally made up for the terrible set I saw last year at HARD Summer. Loved it when they dropped Blue Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    So glad I saw Richie at Drais.

That shirt. Really? It looks like he is wearing a leotard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    That shirt. Really? It looks like he is wearing a leotard.
    Richie Hawtin has always dressed like a late-in life metrosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    And, as a final addition, one of my favorite new songs of the weekend, this shit went off:

Who the fuck played Baauer? Major Lazer? I left his set halfway through because I was getting hit a little hard, so-to-speak, and and the hypeman was beginning to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Ha! I know, but that shirt is another level. In the pictures I've seen, normally his tight shirts have sleeves and his sleeveless shirts aren't as tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Pretty much. I think there's something fundamental to the DJ mindset of sitting around alone going through dozens of records every day that makes good fashion sense hopelessly out of grasp. (And I say this from the perspective of someone who has better music sense than fashion sense myself.)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by pezGato View Post
    I'm pretty bummed about my lack of cosmic meadow this hear. just saw a little bit of John digweed and Carl cox, bennasi on Friday. it had the best bass of all stages.
    I was at the Cosmic Meadow for 90% of the weekend. Best stage BY FAR.

He's like, you know. One of those hipster bros

Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    Who the fuck played Baauer? Major Lazer? I left his set halfway through because I was getting hit a little hard, so-to-speak, and and the hypeman was beginning to piss me off.
    I'm not 100% sure if Major Lazer played it, but I know for sure Zeds Dead played it a few minutes before their set was cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    He's like, you know. One of those hipster bros

Just read an interesting article on the current state of EDM in the U.S.

Not sure where to post it so I'll post it here:

http://m.inthemix.com.au/features/53...e_music?page=1

What do you guys think??

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Coachella is killing electronic music.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Bripster. New favorite word.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post

What do you guys think??
    Interesting read and all, but for someone not deeply entrenched in EDM like myself, it sounds like a story I've heard a million times before about any underground genre/band/etc. History repeats itself.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I'm surprised so many people liked Carl Cox. I thought his set was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post

What do you guys think??
    I think this article is a perfect example of why it's laughable to think EDC will ever become a festival among the caliber of DEMF or WMC,
    the fact Vegas is interested solely in the purely commercial side of house means that as soon as all the kids are over electronic music and back on to the next it will all disappear, there's no cultural or social context for "non-commercial" dance music in that city.

EDC was fucking amazing. Long time lurker but this is my first post, and I have to say seeing visionquest at the very front with like 20 other people was magical. I'll also never forget looking to my right and seeing Seth Troxler dancing his ass off right next to me. Really awesome dude, we talked for about 15 minutes before he went "oh gotta go play my set now" which was also absolutely fantastic. Then seeing Wink > Digitalism > Gaiser > that little bit of dubfire made saturday one of the best days ever even with the show ending early. My friends who really don't listen to that much edm all had their minds blown

Also, parking was terrible friday but then absurdly easy saturday and sunday. Just parked in the back by where the helicopters land and got to the street in 5 minutes both times. Really easy way too avoid all the traffic from the other lots.

Sunday was possibly the best day of all the EDC's I've attended (10, 11, 12), as BT (a hero of mine) played an unbelievable set of exclusively his productions with his little 8 year old daughter dancing right next to him. Nearly brought tears to my eyes because you could see just how happy he was. Then the last 45 minutes of Nicole Moudaber was by far the best set I saw all weekend, and Green Velvet > Umek > Digweed > Mainstage Armin > Carl Cox was epic. Overall, the quality of music was unbelievable all weekend, but there were definitely stages I walked by (neon garden, basspod for most of the weekend) that made me want to throwup.. but I really think that the overall experience of this weekend was a lot better than coachella this year, especially as someone who prefers EDM over other genres

old school

Sunday night I got off work and headed out to the Speedway at 10:30. No problem getting in. Got lucky and scored a guest wristband for $40 and headed in through the tunnel. Caught most of Digweed & Carl Cox. The Basspod was full of amazing talent. Camo & Krooked by far was the most entertaining and talented act of the evening for me. Hype was not far behind. Getting out of the parking was madness though. It was nice to be able to sit in the stands this year.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

old school

My only complaint was domestic light beers being the only beer available. No heady beer at all. My roomie and I bought the last Heinekens in the place and had to bear with a Miller Lite afterwards. Damn I felt like a Nascar fan drinking that shit.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    I'm surprised so many people liked Carl Cox. I thought his set was terrible.
    No review from you? Will you be back?

I enjoyed EDC very much, but I think half the fun was due to it being in Vegas. They just really need more shuttles. I will be back though I believe.

When do single day tickets go on sale for next year? Is it before lineup announcement?

Full line available 6/1/13

Possibly another pre sale opportunity at Escape. If so , take advantage I only paid $201 for my ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Possibly another pre sale opportunity at Escape. If so , take advantage I only paid $201 for my ticket.
    yeah. i may buy it and then if the lineup sucks sell it for some profit.

hoping because they screwed us 3 day passers for saturday. maybe they will give us a better discount or something. fuck.

Pasquale is great at appeasing his customers, I think there will be some sort of compensation if they can afford to. These things probably just take a couple days to figure.

I think this article is a perfect example of why it's laughable to think EDC will ever become a festival among the caliber of DEMF or WMC,
    the fact Vegas is interested solely in the purely commercial side of house means that as soon as all the kids are over electronic music and back on to the next it will all disappear, there's no cultural or social context for "non-commercial" dance music in that city.
    EDC has a 5 year contract with Vegas, they can book whoever the fuck they want to and the night clubs can't do anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by Oranix View Post
    yeah. i may buy it and then if the lineup sucks sell it for some profit.

hoping because they jewed us 3 day passers for saturday. maybe they will give us a better discount or something. fuck.
    Like I said, everyone should tweet Pasquale and ask for discounted escape tickets for 3 day EDC ticket holders. I can definitely see him doing something like that, and mention that you wanted the whole Enter experience and can only have that at Escape now or something