Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

  1. #181
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Yeah... Pro-tip for this fest: Book a party-bus/limo for your group.

    If it's the same as last year, the party-buses were ushered into the shuttle line while all the other cars were left in the other line. Meaning you shaved like an hour off your wait time. It's just so much more convenient and probably as expensive as a cab if you have a group big enough.

  2. #182

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Yeah... Pro-tip for this fest: Book a party-bus/limo for your group.

    If it's the same as last year, the party-buses were ushered into the shuttle line while all the other cars were left in the other line. Meaning you shaved like an hour off your wait time. It's just so much more convenient and probably as expensive as a cab if you have a group big enough.
    the edc shuttles were pretty legit actually... except for going to the 1st day and coming home. They fixed it right away tho

    Coachella Weekend #1

  3. #183
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Well that's good to hear... I remember a lot of complaining about the shuttles. But still, they only take you to the strip right? So for people staying elsewhere it's not the best.

  4. #184

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Well that's good to hear... I remember a lot of complaining about the shuttles. But still, they only take you to the strip right? So for people staying elsewhere it's not the best.
    yeh, only good for ppl going to the strip. But you can drive to one of the casino/hotels on strip, park for free and hop on shuttle. We were raging on the shuttles too! The shuttle back to strip at tend of 3rd night was insane... ppl frying on cid, joints being passed around, ppl snorting coke and pure haha

    Coachella Weekend #1

  5. #185
    Member MidnightSIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Upland, CA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Barring all the horror stories from Night 1, the shuttles were totally worth it.

    Not having to wait in line for 40 minutes to get into/out of parking was a huge time saver. I'm not sure about a partybus or limo (they both seem waay to expensive for anyone w/ a party of under 8 people) but this is way better than a cab. I can't rememeber who did the math, but it was around 250ish for just the weekend if you took cabs back and forth between the strip and the speedway.

    If they offer it again (they sold out last time, so im guessing yea) i'm totally getting a shuttle pass this time again. Hopefully they announce where they're going to picking up and dropping soon so i can book a hotel nearby

    -------
    Coachella
    2013 Wk1, 2012 Wk1 & 2, 2009, 2008, 2007

  6. #186

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    They're having a payent plan option on January 3, 2012. Looks like I'm going VIP if they make it available.

    Party buses are totally worth it if you have a large (20+) group. I had a 35 person group and we took a party bus for the Friday and it was awesome.

  7. #187
    old school Suffacated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Coachella Baby!
    Posts
    2,756

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Well, it was amazing enough for suffacated to buy 2 VIP passes instead of passes the 2nd Coachella Weekend... -

    That's saying something...
    Daft Punk will be at EDC 2012.
    It says so in the calendar. The pyramid, the space men, its all there.

  8. #188
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,646

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Forever View Post
    They're having a payent plan option on January 3, 2012. Looks like I'm going VIP if they make it available.
    Where you see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  9. #189
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    On their FAQ or perhaps FB pages for Insomniac/Pasquale/EDC'11

    They may be doing hotel packages too.

    @the LA Lurker: 35 people in one group? Surely you did not keep that whole mass together, let alone squeeze into the front areas of stages?

  10. #190

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    @the LA Lurker: 35 people in one group? Surely you did not keep that whole mass together, let alone squeeze into the front areas of stages?
    35 in my group yes, but that's just for the party bus. Once we got inside, we all split up.

  11. #191
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Yeah my group had 25 people I think or something like that. Obviously didn't stay together inside the venue. Other than a few stragglers (dumb dumb dumb drunk/rolled out girls) meeting up at the end of the night was super easy.

  12. #192
    Member pezGato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    san jose
    Posts
    277

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    anyone have a source for the jan. 3 tickets including hotel options? that would be perfect, but would suck if they were only +21 hotels

  13. #193

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pezGato View Post
    anyone have a source for the jan. 3 tickets including hotel options? that would be perfect, but would suck if they were only +21 hotels
    Here's your info on the date...

    http://flavorus.blob.core.windows.ne...dc_pending.htm

    My guess is facebook would be a good start for anything else you're looking for, just click where it only shows posts from them so you don't have to go through the useless crap everyone posts on their wall.

  14. #194
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Hey now, you post some quality shit on their walls.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  15. #195

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Forever View Post
    They're having a payent plan option on January 3, 2012. Looks like I'm going VIP if they make it available.

    Party buses are totally worth it if you have a large (20+) group. I had a 35 person group and we took a party bus for the Friday and it was awesome.
    Plan on spending 75% of the time at main stage? Fist pumping with all the trust fund bros?

    Coachella Weekend #1

  16. #196
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,717

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Had the longest dream about edc last night. It was amazing

  17. #197

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bganch View Post
    Plan on spending 75% of the time at main stage? Fist pumping with all the trust fund bros?
    Totally broham.

  18. #198

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Forever View Post
    Totally broham.

    Unless they make some drastic changes/upgrades/improvements to EDC 2012, VIP is not worth it. Save your money and party with the masses!

    VIP at EDC 2010 was incredible though... might be my favorite rave experience of all time just due to the fact that there was free drinks (anything you wanted pretty much) and I did not experience any bit of the shitshow that supposedly went down.

    Coachella Weekend #1

  19. #199
    Member RageAgainst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bganch View Post
    Unless they make some drastic changes/upgrades/improvements to EDC 2012, VIP is not worth it. Save your money and party with the masses!

    VIP at EDC 2010 was incredible though... might be my favorite rave experience of all time just due to the fact that there was free drinks (anything you wanted pretty much) and I did not experience any bit of the shitshow that supposedly went down.
    agreed. during boys noizes set I was able too sneak into the VIP whilst coming up on a better view people offered me drugs and money for water.it was too great :-)

    Paul is dead

  20. #200
    Member gabfrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis.
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    I really wanted to go this year for the first time ever, but unfortunately I'll always choose Bonnaroo over everything else. I envy y'all, and hope you guys have a good time. Go see the Pawn Stars shop in Vegas and feel sad when you see hookers in dark corners far down the strip. I'll be watching videos from this year to make up for not getting to go. Hopefully next year will have different dates.
    I must have looked as if I were a diseased creature. Covered in cigarette cartons like bird shit, smeary colored face, drinking wine out of a pair of sweat pants. A dead baby hung off the side of my head -- crying to get high on smokes and glue.

    http://gabfrab.com/

  21. #201

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by gabfrab View Post
    I really wanted to go this year for the first time ever, but unfortunately I'll always choose Bonnaroo over everything else. I envy y'all, and hope you guys have a good time. Go see the Pawn Stars shop in Vegas and feel sad when you see hookers in dark corners far down the strip. I'll be watching videos from this year to make up for not getting to go. Hopefully next year will have different dates.
    Thanks for letting us know you aren't that into electronic music, good to know.

  22. #202

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bganch View Post
    Unless they make some drastic changes/upgrades/improvements to EDC 2012, VIP is not worth it. Save your money and party with the masses!
    It's ok. I want to experience the VIP viewing areas for some sets, but I will be down in the party area for most of the time.

  23. #203
    old school caco0283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,129

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by gabfrab View Post
    I really wanted to go this year for the first time ever, but unfortunately I'll always choose Bonnaroo over everything else. I envy y'all, and hope you guys have a good time. Go see the Pawn Stars shop in Vegas and feel sad when you see hookers in dark corners far down the strip. I'll be watching videos from this year to make up for not getting to go. Hopefully next year will have different dates.
    i wont feel bad for them...i'm a job creator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

  24. #204

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    agreed. during boys noizes set I was able too sneak into the VIP whilst coming up on a better view people offered me drugs and money for water.it was too great :-)
    I'll never forget that set...

    Coachella Weekend #1

  25. #205
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,159

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    There is something horrendous about the idea of people offering to give up drugs just for some fucking water.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  26. #206

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    i wont feel bad for them...i'm a job creator
    Will you be in attendance this year? Not trying to start an Insomniac vs Ultra thing, just curious if you will be making it since some mutual friends have told me you probably will be.

  27. #207

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Thanks for letting us know you aren't that into electronic music, good to know.
    HAHAHHahahaha, going to Insomniac high school ravez does not have a correlation with "being into electronic music." Maybe more so I heard Afrojack on the mainstream pop station last week.

  28. #208

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    HAHAHHahahaha, going to Insomniac high school ravez does not have a correlation with "being into electronic music." Maybe more so I heard Afrojack on the mainstream pop station last week.
    Oh man, look, it's that guy that still has not suggested better music to me. Keep pushing that elitest attitude with no proof of your outstanding taste in music that is far superior.

    Edit: You go to Coachella right? The same festival that had Tiesto play mainstage 2 years ago and had Skillex, Afrojack, Steve Angello, Axwell, The Bloody Beetroots and a bunch of other crap this past year. That's the festival you go to right? The one that books the same electronic music that Insomniac books right?
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 11-10-2011 at 08:37 AM.

  29. #209

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Oh man, look, it's that guy that still has not suggested better music to me. Keep pushing that elitest attitude with no proof of your outstanding taste in music that is far superior.
    Your the one who sounds like an elitist with your assumption that EDC is for people who are into "electronic music" (a moniker which actually spans far outside the shit they book @ raves )





    lol, have fun
    Last edited by hangthedj112; 11-10-2011 at 08:39 AM.

  30. #210

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Your the one who sounds like an elitist with your assumption that EDC is for people who are into "electronic music" (a moniker which actually spans far outside the shit they book @ raves )





    lol, have fun
    Oh I will. Rest assured I will have tons of fun. Thanks for the positive wishes, I really appreaciate it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
  2. Dirty Vegas LIVE 2012
    By oyeloca in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 08:13 AM
  3. Anyone from vegas?
    By bmanjam in forum Questions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 04:37 AM
  4. Anyone going to be in vegas?
    By vogina in forum Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
  5. las vegas....
    By electroslut75 in forum Questions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •