Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

  1. #1951
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Carl Cox!! Haven't seen that dude since Nocturnal 2007 when it was in downtown LA

  2. #1952
    Member stacheRides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    We all gotta get down for Carl Cox too! I can't wait for that fuckin set
    Also real fired up for this, I hope it's the sunrise set on Sunday

  3. #1953
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by stacheRides View Post
    Also real fired up for this, I hope it's the sunrise set on Sunday
    That would be magic! I don't roll anymore so I gotta figure out a way to drink and not get tired out everyday. Looks like I gotta get some Adderall

  4. #1954
    Member kucky21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    That would be magic! I don't roll anymore so I gotta figure out a way to drink and not get tired out everyday. Looks like I gotta get some Adderall
    I am in the exact same boat. Im thinking that and redbull vodkas will be my friend all weekend

  5. #1955

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by myvelouria94 View Post
    Digitalism already posted that it will be a DJ set.

    in other news...
    Fake Blood
    Just need to clear something up...
    Contrary to the rumours, I'm NOT going to be at EDC Vegas.


    FUCK.
    Son of a bitch, Fake Blood always kills it, this is very disappointing.

    Also, I'm sure it's been asked before in this thread but I don't really feel like looking, but what was the cab situation like last year coming from the Strip, and will it be improved this year?

  6. #1956
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    if this is the nellis suites, careful..you need a pass to park there and you can only get one per room. if you have other cars you'll have to park them up the street at walmart and walk back...you also need a pass on your person to get past the guards through the driveway, and you only get like 4 or 6 per room. you can get by them if you go on the left side opposite the driveway tho if you need to
    Actually, I found out we're staying at the Super8 on L.V. Blvd. Not familiar with the area, but it seems it was in an area with strip malls or some shit, instead of the actual strip itself. Last year we got lucky and had a room at Rumors, across the street from Hard Rock, and it was nice with DJ's out by the pool and stuff, but it was a bit of a drive to the venue, I recall. They were actually sold out before EDC tickets even went on sale, so we settled for the next best deal... I hope it doesn't have parking issues because Pete's got this obnoxious truck that's a pain in the ass to find parking for. Are you a local in Vegas, Kerby? And, is anyone else staying here, or familair with the place?

    And since we'd be going, regardless of the line-up, I haven't paid much attention, nor studied anyone new to see. Since I missed a day and a half at Coach this year, I want to try and catch those I wanted to see there, and the larger bolded names ar my pretty much must sees...Yeah, I know, Guetta and Kaskade probably ruin my credibility with the more serious EDM peeps, but at least I haven't totally demolished it with Aoki or some shit like Skrillex. BTW... Did I read somewhere that Aoki was doing a set with The Blue Man Group? I've wanted to see them for the longest time, but I just can't stomach that obnoxious crowd surfer and his "whoop-whoop," shit. Please tell me I saw wrong. Anyway, looking for last minute guidance and recommendations...

    FRIDAY 6/8/12
    Fedde Le Grand
    Hardwell
    Will.i.am
    R3hab
    Figure
    Harvard Bass
    Zeds Dead
    Nervo
    Arty
    Alesso
    Digitalism
    Size Matters Stage
    Steve Angello
    Thomas Gold
    An21 & Max Vangeli
    Erick Morillo
    Kinetic Field
    Kaskade
    Afrojack
    Benny Benassi
    Sebastian Ingrosso
    Bassrush Stage
    Modestep
    Adventure Club
    Mt Eden
    Knife Party
    Downlink
    Figure
    Group Therapy Stage
    OPEN Matt Lange
    7:30pm Andrew Bayer
    8:30pm Jaytech
    9:30pm Norin & Rad
    10:30pm Gabriel & Dresden
    11:30pm Mat Zo
    12:30am Above & Beyond
    2:30am Gareth Emery
    4:00am Super8 & Tab
    Q-Dance Stage

    SATURDAY 6/9/12
    Tommy Trash
    Felix Cartal
    DJ Ammo
    KOAN Sound
    Nicky Romero
    MSTRKRFT
    Cazzette
    Dim Mak Stage
    Steve Aoki
    Blue Man Group
    Kinetic Field
    Tiesto
    Martin Solveig
    Sander van Doorn
    Bassrush Stage
    Andy C: ALIVE
    Richie Hawtin Presents Enter Stage
    Richie Hawtin

    Dubfire
    Loco Dice
    Josh Wink
    Magda
    Seth Troxler
    Visionquest
    Gaiser (live)
    Paco Osuna
    A State of Trance Stage
    Armin van Buuren
    Cosmic Gate
    W&W
    DJ Eco
    Kyau & Albert
    Jochen Miller
    Markus Schulz
    Rank 1 (Live)
    Q-Dance Stage
    Headhunterz

    SUNDAY 6/10/12
    Dada Life
    Chuckie
    Funkagenda
    Morgan Page
    Kinetic Field
    David Guetta
    Avicheez
    Porter Robinson
    Bassrush Stage
    Delta Heavy
    Super You&Me Stage
    Laidback Luke
    Bingo Players
    Chase & Status
    Fake Blood
    Flux Pavillion
    Major Lazer
    Oliver Twizt
    Sandro Silva
    A State of Trance Stage
    Armin van Buuren
    Kristina Sky
    BT
    Dash Berlin
    ATB
    Tritonal
    Aly & Fila
    Ferry Corsten
    Carl Cox & Friends Stage
    Carl Cox
    UMEK
    John Digweed
    Green Velvet
    Danny Tenaglia

    Nicole Moudaber
    Nic Fancuilli & Joris Voorn
    Dennis Ferrer
    Q-Dance Stage
    Brennan Heart
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  7. #1957
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    if this is the nellis suites, careful..you need a pass to park there and you can only get one per room. if you have other cars you'll have to park them up the street at walmart and walk back...you also need a pass on your person to get past the guards through the driveway, and you only get like 4 or 6 per room. you can get by them if you go on the left side opposite the driveway tho if you need to
    Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    The M Machine was just added to the lineup page, and I don't remember seeing Aoki & Afrojack before (does this mean Aoki has three fucking sets now?).
    Not if he ends up getting dropped when he crowd surfs during the first set.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  8. #1958
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,718

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    thomas gold is the best of the size matters crew if you are into that. seth troxler will play the sexiest set of the weekend. he's also the sexiest dude playing. you'll prob like bingo players. i'd go with a different trance artist than ferry. markus schulz, mat zo, dash berlin or above and beyond are prob better options.

  9. #1959
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Carl Cox!! Haven't seen that dude since Nocturnal 2007 when it was in downtown LA
    heh that was soooo good, saw cox, chems, benassi all give great performances that night.

  10. #1960
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    That would be magic! I don't roll anymore so I gotta figure out a way to drink and not get tired out everyday. Looks like I gotta get some Adderall
    Quote Originally Posted by kucky21 View Post
    I am in the exact same boat. Im thinking that and redbull vodkas will be my friend all weekend
    Gentlemen - smoke weed and have maca in your supplements, gives you great natural energy, no caffeine shakes and you will bone like a porn star on it. It's all natural from roots from Peru, this was used by the Incans also.


    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Actually, I found out we're staying at the Super8 on L.V. Blvd. Not familiar with the area, but it seems it was in an area with strip malls or some shit, instead of the actual strip itself. Last year we got lucky and had a room at Rumors, across the street from Hard Rock, and it was nice with DJ's out by the pool and stuff, but it was a bit of a drive to the venue, I recall.
    Oh my friend stayed there last year, they allow animals there too! Delicious roomservice food....the pool situation was interesting, they were playing hardcore porn in the cabanas on a Thursday evening...

    presented with strange problems every time I go out for these festivals: I get amazing audition offers that pretty much conflict with festival time.....I guess I will have to go off Fri/Sat and be ready to go home on Monday AM

  11. #1961
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Actually, I found out we're staying at the Super8 on L.V. Blvd. Not familiar with the area, but it seems it was in an area with strip malls or some shit, instead of the actual strip itself. Last year we got lucky and had a room at Rumors, across the street from Hard Rock, and it was nice with DJ's out by the pool and stuff, but it was a bit of a drive to the venue, I recall. They were actually sold out before EDC tickets even went on sale, so we settled for the next best deal... I hope it doesn't have parking issues because Pete's got this obnoxious truck that's a pain in the ass to find parking for. Are you a local in Vegas, Kerby? And, is anyone else staying here, or familair with the place?

    I'd highly advise not seeing Mt Eden and Porter Robinson, both are awful, Mt eden does some of the worst mixing I've ever heard, and Porter uses a laptop and just plays a bunch of mashups and Knife Party's entire discography (not kidding), I avoided them at all costs at Coachella. And yes steve aoki is playing with blue man group, but if you want to see blue man group there's an EDC coupon code all month, just google blue man group edc coupon code, and then go see them at the venetian or wherever they're performing

  12. #1962

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    That would be magic! I don't roll anymore so I gotta figure out a way to drink and not get tired out everyday. Looks like I gotta get some Adderall
    EL ES DEE!

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Carl Cox!! Haven't seen that dude since Nocturnal 2007 when it was in downtown LA
    omg memories my first rave!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Actually, I found out we're staying at the Super8 on L.V. Blvd. Not familiar with the area, but it seems it was in an area with strip malls or some shit, instead of the actual strip itself. Last year we got lucky and had a room at Rumors, across the street from Hard Rock, and it was nice with DJ's out by the pool and stuff, but it was a bit of a drive to the venue, I recall. They were actually sold out before EDC tickets even went on sale, so we settled for the next best deal... I hope it doesn't have parking issues because Pete's got this obnoxious truck that's a pain in the ass to find parking for. Are you a local in Vegas, Kerby? And, is anyone else staying here, or familair with the place?
    I am not a local, though I lived out there the entire month of June last year for the World Series of Poker so I am familiar with the lifestyle/ins and outs of the strip. I hope you don't have parking issues either - but I'm sure the place we stayed at last year was just an anomaly since most places in Vegas provide ample parking. From the sound of it, you're definitely not on/near the strip but I was going to say that worst case scenario you may just need to keep a car parked on the strip for the weekend since any hotel on the strip has ample self-parking that you will be able to utilize no problem for 3-6 days. It may be an inconvenience, and hopefully you will either have plenty of parking at your hotel or nearby, but if not, just throwing it out there as a last resort.

    BTW... Did I read somewhere that Aoki was doing a set with The Blue Man Group? I've wanted to see them for the longest time, but I just can't stomach that obnoxious crowd surfer and his "whoop-whoop," shit. Please tell me I saw wrong. Anyway, looking for last minute guidance and recommendations...
    Yes, Aoki is doing a set with Blue Man Group..so sad I just hope that there is a good ride or attraction to check out for 10 min during that set cuz if not I will just have to suck it up and not see BMG lol

    Also, I read that Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity is doing a show or something over the weekend, so that's definitely something to check out.

    Lastly, I'm really glad you bolded Andy C ALIVE on your list. You can add High Contrast and DJ Hype to that list if you want to see more dank dnb

  13. #1963
    Member kucky21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Gentlemen - smoke weed and have maca in your supplements, gives you great natural energy, no caffeine shakes and you will bone like a porn star on it. It's all natural from roots from Peru, this was used by the Incans also. (
    Thanks for the advise. There is a suppliment store down the street from my work. I am going go check it out at lunch.

  14. #1964
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    More likely to find it at a health food/all natural store. Shouldn't more than $12-15 for a decent sized bag, it will last months as doses are teaspoons at a time.

  15. #1965
    Member stacheRides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    For anyone concerned about shuttles:

    Shuttle service, provided by AWG Ambassador, has been "far expanded," Raney said, to alleviate the long lines seen on the first day of last year's festival. An expanded fleet of shuttles, about 240 in total, will run from 12 locations on the Strip, from the Palms and from the Hard Rock Hotel. Last year there were only seven shuttle stops.

    Each hotel location will be staffed by four to six employees and a speedway parking lot has been designated for shuttle service only. It will be staffed by 70 people. AWG is building a 100-by-200-foot shelter tent for those waiting in line at the speedway.
    http://www.lvrj.com/business/electri...155271475.html

  16. #1966
    Member RageAgainst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Cant wait too see the full lineup for the Bassrush stage for sunday..as this will be my only day going i must get in some quality Dnb and dubstep

    Paul is dead

  17. #1967
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by stacheRides View Post
    For anyone concerned about shuttles:



    http://www.lvrj.com/business/electri...155271475.html
    This is encouraging. I want to buy a shuttle pass but my only concern is the amount of traffic from the strip to the venue. Will it take a lot longer than if my g/f and I drive and take an alternate route like the ones that Mugwog posted?

    I don't want to be sitting in a shuttle for over an hour.

  18. #1968
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    More likely to find it at a health food/all natural store. Shouldn't more than $12-15 for a decent sized bag, it will last months as doses are teaspoons at a time.
    Niiice. Found a bottle only with 100 capsules for only $4. I bet if I sprinkle some of this in a vodka/red bull I'll be on a good one!

  19. #1969

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Not if he ends up getting dropped when he crowd surfs during the first set.
    ignore what nick said, porter is quite good, his mashups are legit and I was impressed with his mixing the last two times I have seen him. If you like Fedde Le Grand, you will probably like Hardwell, and if you like kaskade you will likely like Alesso.

  20. #1970
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    This is encouraging. I want to buy a shuttle pass but my only concern is the amount of traffic from the strip to the venue. Will it take a lot longer than if my g/f and I drive and take an alternate route like the ones that Mugwog posted?

    I don't want to be sitting in a shuttle for over an hour.
    I believe more shuttles = more traffic, plus more people will be at EDC this year since it sold out. Also remember the time googlemaps posted in incorrect - you will be driving much faster than 40mph on the roads. Last year it was all red (1hr+) to get to speedway according to traffic. All 3 nights I took my back way, drove past the initial lines of cars and then headed for the lot 9 *believe this was the back parking* - Just make sure if you park in the back entrance, you leave a little early or it will be a bitch when the sun comes up and they make you exit the other way. Keep some water in your car too.

  21. #1971
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I believe more shuttles = more traffic, plus more people will be at EDC this year since it sold out. Also remember the time googlemaps posted in incorrect - you will be driving much faster than 40mph on the roads. Last year it was all red (1hr+) to get to speedway according to traffic. All 3 nights I took my back way, drove past the initial lines of cars and then headed for the lot 9 *believe this was the back parking* - Just make sure if you park in the back entrance, you leave a little early or it will be a bitch when the sun comes up and they make you exit the other way. Keep some water in your car too.
    Yeah looks like we'll just drive then. We will just make sure one of us are okay to drive by 4 a.m. which shouldn't be an issue. The water thing is a great idea! I had cold waters waiting for me when I got back to my car each night after Coachella this year and it was sooo key.

  22. #1972
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    It amazing how much water one consumes on these weekends...Also if anyone wants to carpool thursday morning - ill be driving up, leaving LA around 8/9am

    Probably coming back Sunday night or Monday early AM unless I get my appointment moved to Tuesday....

  23. #1973

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Leaving water in the car is a great idea.

  24. #1974

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Still looking for a ticket + shuttle pass if anyone is selling or knows someone who is. Might not be able to get my ticket from Mugwog's friend due to logistics.

  25. #1975

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    fyi, for those of you driving, we came in via the las vegas beltway last year and it cut out all the traffic near the venue as it connects with 15 right by the venue. worth checking out for sure.

  26. #1976
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    heh that was soooo good, saw cox, chems, benassi all give great performances that night.
    Seriously man. I saw all three as well and had such a great time. Maybe the most fun I've ever had at an EDM event.

  27. #1977
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by constantlyoff View Post
    ignore what nick said, porter is quite good, his mashups are legit and I was impressed with his mixing the last two times I have seen him. If you like Fedde Le Grand, you will probably like Hardwell, and if you like kaskade you will likely like Alesso.
    I never said his mashups were bad, they're okay, but the fact that he plays more Knife party songs than his own songs is not

  28. #1978
    Member RageAgainst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    I never said his mashups were bad, they're okay, but the fact that he plays more Knife party songs than his own songs is not
    This is because Knife party is breaking through right now and their songs are catchy as hell and get you dancing...this is to be expected..as the mastermind behind knife party is Rob Swire....the dudes been making catchy ass Dnb tunes forever in a day,im not surprised he is one of the biggest out there right now

    Paul is dead

  29. #1979
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    This is because Knife party is breaking through right now and their songs are catchy as hell and get you dancing...this is to be expected..as the mastermind behind knife party is Rob Swire....the dudes been making catchy ass Dnb tunes forever in a day,im not surprised he is one of the biggest out there right now
    Totally agree. I am actually really looking forward to Knife Party's set, I think it'll be a great time.

  30. #1980
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,718

    Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

    they had the crowd going ape at ultra, but it was not my cup of tea at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
  2. Dirty Vegas LIVE 2012
    By oyeloca in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 08:13 AM
  3. Anyone from vegas?
    By bmanjam in forum Questions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 04:37 AM
  4. Anyone going to be in vegas?
    By vogina in forum Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
  5. las vegas....
    By electroslut75 in forum Questions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •