Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2585

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

I doubt there is going to be a "Phase 2" anymore, it sounded like bs to me to begin with. Just Rotella trying to make this into something big like UMF.

I hope im wrong, but reality: EDC is in 10 days :/

-------
    Coachella
    2013 Wk1, 2012 Wk1 & 2, 2009, 2008, 2007

There were never any "phases" but the initial lineup was not complete, people were added, and more have confirmed but are still yet to be added meaning that there definitely will be an official announcement on who else will be added. Dillon Francis just said he has a surprise coming on Friday and I'm guessing it'll be an EDC announcement, so my money is on Fri.

Just to name a few confirmations via Facebooks/websites etc who aren't on the lineup..Norin & Rad, Super 8 & Tab, Andrew Bayer, Matt Lange (almost the ENTIRE A&B group therapy stage), Fake Blood, Rusko, Dave Clarke, supposedly Major Lazer will be added to Laidback Luke's stage. It would be impossible for there not to be another lineup announcement coming, so what if EDC is 10 days away, the lineup didn't even come out till this time last year

Dave Clarke just posted on his facebook that he is Sunday, so looks like Carl Cox stage for him
    Last edited by nick5745; 05-28-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Laidback Luke has a stage? Major Lazer is playing there? What in the world of EDM is going on...

Yeah the Super you and me stage, and of all the more mainstream DJ's out there Laidback Luke is probably the best, never repeats sets always does shit completely random and on the fly, whereas most do the same set over and over again

They did a quiet change to lineup. The things I noticed:

1. Rank 1 no longer listed as live (ugh)
    2. Eco dropped from the lineup (ugh)
    3. Richie Hawtin presents: enter now shows just Richie Hawtin (???)

I'm sure there have been other changes, but I'm not spergy enough to go through line by line

Quote Originally Posted by jonmitz View Post

I'm sure there have been other changes, but I'm not spergy enough to go through line by line
    Instead of having it "presents Enter" they have added everyone who is playing on that stage to the official lineup

Eco was removed from the lineup, but posted on his FB that he will still be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    Instead of having it "presents Enter" they have added everyone who is playing on that stage to the official lineup
    All the people playing it have always been on the lineup individually if I'm not mistaken.

Green Velvet has been removed from the poster

Quote Originally Posted by stacheRides View Post
    Boooo.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    EDM is blowing up, it's the cool thing to listen to these days and festivals are the cool places to be. Kids initially get into Kaskade and Skrillex, then when they really dig into the other genres of EDM they discover the great old school EDM artists like Carl Cox and Hawtin. This probably happens when they start to wander around a festival like EDC, then stumble upon something mind blowing like Carl Cox. They do a little research, tell their friends, then they're full blown tech house fans.

I could be totally off about this, just my interpretation.
    While I can't say edm was blowing up at the time, this is exactly how I got started in 2004 at Coachella... Had no clue who it was, but I hung out liking what I was feeling in the Sahara Tent. Returned in 2005 and had Prodigy kick me in the ass to open my point of view, and well, need I say anything about 2006 with Daft Punk? (Other than thinking my standards may have started out high?)

Quote Originally Posted by stacheRides View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OddZilla View Post
    Boooo.
    That's not all that bad. Dude plays just about every Insomniac event so one without him will be just fine. It wouldn't surprise me if he was still playing and just got removed from the poster for some reason.

Does anyone know what day Richie and his friends will be playing? Really hoping for Saturday being's its the only day I'm going!

Barring good times and friends, do any of you honestly believe EDC is worth the price of admission with the current lineup? We probably just have different taste in edm, I live in Vegas and have opted to go to what I consider the far superior lineup at HARD summer.
    Years Attended:

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan5454 View Post
    Does anyone know what day Richie and his friends will be playing? Really hoping for Saturday being's its the only day I'm going!
    yeah hes on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevious View Post
    Barring good times and friends, do any of you honestly believe EDC is worth the price of admission with the current lineup? We probably just have different taste in edm, I live in Vegas and have opted to go to what I consider the far superior lineup at HARD summer.
    Yes. I highly prefer the EDC lineup over the HARD summer lineup. We have different taste in EDM. I went to coachella for good times and friends, but I'm going to EDC for the techno. 7 stages of electronic music means i'm going to be enjoying every single goddamn artist I see from start to finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan5454 View Post
    Saturday, attached is email confirmation from his email subscription service

enter.jpg
    Last edited by nick5745; 05-29-2012 at 01:55 PM.

The EDMbiz con schedule was posted, and I spy Junkie XL on it. Hopefully this is a good sign he will be at the speedway.

Can we get Pleasurekraft? I'd be very happy with them - and not on at 9pm.

I feel EDC LV is a good excuse to get me to Vegas, as I find most visits to it lacking real focus. If I'm going to be twisted for a few days in Sin City, might as well have an all night party with music I enjoy. HARD unfortunately isn't all night and being in LA - you get more youth, I feel sin city keeps some of the youngins away. The events compared to one another - EDC LV wins hands down for venue and layout, while HARD does get some of the acts I'd prefer to see as the headliners.

We will be stuck with boom boom cheese house for a while as headliners at EDC/Insomniac headliners.... I will never understand the massive appeal. I was very confused on the 101N/5N interchange on Sunday when I saw a huge truck with a huge tiesto sticker on it.
    Last edited by Mugwog; 05-29-2012 at 03:58 PM.

The lineup at HARD Summer is far from superior in my opinion, but that's my taste in music for sure. Insomniac and HARD book very different styles of EDM for the most part, and I prefer the more banging techno, d'n'b and house Insomniac books more.

Since you live there, just wait till that weekend and find tickets on CL. You'll probably save close to 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Can we get Pleasurekraft? I'd be very happy with them - and not on at 9pm.

I feel EDC LV is a good excuse to get me to Vegas, as I find most visits to it lacking real focus. If I'm going to be twisted for a few days in Sin City, might as well have an all night party with music I enjoy. HARD unfortunately isn't all night and being in LA - you get more youth, I feel sin city keeps some of the youngins away. The events compared to one another - EDC LV wins hands down for venue and layout, while HARD does get some of the acts I'd prefer to see as the headliners.

We will be stuck with boom boom cheese house for a while as headliners at EDC/Insomniac headliners.... I will never understand the massive appeal. I was very confused on the 101N/5N interchange on Sunday when I saw a huge truck with a huge tiesto sticker on it.
    I love HARD's lineup, but I'd have to agree with what you said about how there's a bunch of youngsters at their events. Also when it comes to production and organization HARD is fucking terrible, and Insomniac is great.

EDC > HARD

But I wouldn't mind a lot of those acts at HARD being added to the EDC lineup

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I love HARD's lineup, but I'd have to agree with what you said about how there's a bunch of youngsters at their events. Also when it comes to production and organization HARD is fucking terrible, and Insomniac is great.

EDC > HARD

But I wouldn't mind a lot of those acts at HARD being added to the EDC lineup
    excited Fake Blood was added, but would love to see Magnetic Man, Erol, Boys Noize, Breakbot, and some others added too

i wish squarepusher was added to edc... only real reason i'd go to hard this year
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Still waiting on the Sasha add. He is in vegas... he has got to be there

he's playing and official EDC week event. i am pretty positive he will be there

lowfront

What lesser known acts should I be checking out?

^what kinda music do you like?

Big Room: AN21 & Max Vangeli, Tommy Trash, Funkagenda, Michael Woods

Who I am most excited to see:

Seth Troxler
    Art Department
    Magda
    Danny Tenaglia
    Nic Fanciulli & Joris Voorn
    Richie Hawtin
    Dubfire
    Gaiser
    High Contrast
    Andy C

Dennis Ferrer is a lesser known must see as well, that's going to be a great set.

Any rumors on Hot Natured making an appearance at EDC Vegas? I don't know much about them but I've been getting more and more into underground techno and house acts and I'd be interested in checking them out.