Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Since they have the venue on lockdown do you think they will up the production of the stages this time around? Like fix the gravel/dirt stage? Or did they keep the production fairly constant in LA?

I hope you all bought your 3-day passes already because the first alottment/price-tier has already sold out.

http://flavorus.blob.core.windows.ne...dc_pending.htm
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

FUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Since they have the venue on lockdown do you think they will up the production of the stages this time around? Like fix the gravel/dirt stage? Or did they keep the production fairly constant in LA?
    I don't think the production can get much better.

The gravel/dirt is part of the racetrack. I doubt they'll do anything to fix it.

I expect the talent to be vastly improved this year.

These damn kandi kids. They can see Avicii almost every week
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

so now the single day tickets will go on sale and end up being way more expensive total?

there better be more 3 day passes on sale. i REALLY hope the lineup is vastly improved. bring GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I hope you all bought your 3-day passes already because the first alottment/price-tier has already sold out.
    Lame...was waiting til Friday to get paid although I knew this was coming.

Insomniac to possibly make their own NYE 2012 event as they separate themselves from TAO?

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=237007

Because.

Hopefully with the extra money up front he can do some great improvements like:
    the layout for the mainstage area, create less of a funnel effect.
    Perhaps find some sort of way to add grass to more than one stage (primarily the gravel one) for the weekend that would be cost efficient and not a nightmare.
    Some more lights around the porto potties
    Put another water station or two up. I didn't even notice them until the last day.
    Allow stadium access seating (perhaps for a moved main stage)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
    Just wanna put this question out there:...

...how amazing was this past EDC?
    Well, it was amazing enough for suffacated to buy 2 VIP passes instead of passes the 2nd Coachella Weekend... -

That's saying something...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    As said before, the gravel/dirt is part of the race track and will be there regardless. I just hope this year they roll out some sod over it, or whatever else to keep it less dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by 3n60r63d View Post
    there better be more 3 day passes on sale. i REALLY hope the lineup is vastly improved. bring GUI!
    There will be more 3 day passes on sale for sure, this is just the first allotment that has run out so you will just have to pay more for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Hopefully with the extra money up front he can do some great improvements like:
    the layout for the mainstage area, create less of a funnel effect.
    Perhaps find some sort of way to add grass to more than one stage (primarily the gravel one) for the weekend that would be cost efficient and not a nightmare.
    Some more lights around the porto potties
    Put another water station or two up. I didn't even notice them until the last day.
    Allow stadium access seating (perhaps for a moved main stage)
    You were allowed to be in the stadium seats last year, the only negative was no good stage being near them.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Well, it was amazing enough for suffacated to buy 2 VIP passes instead of passes the 2nd Coachella Weekend... -

That's saying something...
    Hopefully Insomniac actually makes VIP at EDC worth something in 2012.

Last year VIP seemed to be somewhat of a joke - you didn't receive anything except a lanyard, a different entry line, a couple free rides (+1 guest), and a pretty pathetic area above the food court area. I guess there was some sort of VIP area by the main stage, but I never went over there. None of the free extras that were advertised were available (water, snacks). I didn't have VIP myself, I had a guest pass which is better than VIP by far (separate parking area, entrance through the back, no search, access to some of the backstage areas, access to all of the "vip" areas, and the free rides).

And Mr Porter - to answer your question, it really depends on what you consider to be amazing. If it's top notch production you are looking for in a large venue that has stages running till sunrise - then EDC was pretty amazing. If you want to be entertained musically all 3 days - then you better REALLY like the lineup because last year Sunday was a complete waste of time until Nu:Tone came on.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Really enjoyed EDC in Vegas but I'm on the fence about going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
    Just wanna put this question out there:...

...how amazing was this past EDC?
    Shit was amazing to me. My saturday went like this..

High Contrast->Green Velvet->UMEK->Gaiser->Richie Hawtin

and my Friday went like this...

PLASTIKMAN 1.5! The only 1.5 stateside performance of the year, and Insomniac provided it.

Sunday was shitty all day until 5:00 am when Nu:Tone came on but I didn't make it, I crapped out but only heard amazing reviews of his set. Between Friday and Saturday though I knew I would not miss 2012, it was one of my favorite events this year.

I'm pretty surprised that so many people I know are so quick to return. Nobody from my immediate group was impressed enough by the end of the weekend to commit to 2012. And Jeremy, how can you even talk like High Contrast threw down some great set? That shit was cheesy and you were standing there like WTF half the time. And you forgot to put Bukem in that list for Saturday. That set was one of the best moments - grinning ear to ear dancing to the EXCELLENT tracks he dropped while looking around at all my friends there doing the exact same thing as I was, all during a beautiful desert summer sunrise.... that shit was pretty amazing. (I don't recall seeing you there for his set! :nofuckingno)
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Plastikman was worth the price of admission!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I'm pretty surprised that so many people I know are so quick to return. Nobody from my immediate group was impressed enough by the end of the weekend to commit to 2012. And Jeremy, how can you even talk like High Contrast threw down some great set? That shit was cheesy and you were standing there like WTF half the time. And you forgot to put Bukem in that list for Saturday. That set was one of the best moments - grinning ear to ear dancing to the EXCELLENT tracks he dropped while looking around at all my friends there doing the exact same thing as I was, all during a beautiful desert summer sunrise.... that shit was pretty amazing. (I don't recall seeing you there for his set! :nofuckingno)
    I never said High Contrast threw down an amazing set, but I did enjoy the start and the end of the set it was just the middle I didn't like. Nowhere near as good as the Coachella set and all the recordings I have of other sets, that's for sure. I will say that Green Velvet, Gaiser, UMEK and Hawtin were all stellar though, probably one of the best solid blocks of quality music that I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. I do like far more mainstream music than you are willing to venture toward though which is why I'm all about it. I ended up leaving before Bukem and I'm glad I did, I would have been waiting for a cab for at least 2-3 hours if we had stayed for Bukem and we ended up only having to wait an hour. A limo will fix that this year, fuck cabs.

[QUOTE=Distorted_Jungle;2294201]

PLASTIKMAN 1.5! The only 1.5 stateside performance of the year, and Insomniac provided it.

Still pissed off about Plastikman 1.5 no show at electric zoo this year.....

any of you guys think he'll do some shows back in the states anytime soon?

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

plastikman 2.0

DEMF 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    plastikman 2.0

DEMF 2012
    Doubt it, but if it happens I'll be jealous.

Tickets don't go back on sale until January 3rd! This is going to drive a lot of procrastinators crazy. The news of the next sale date is starting to spread on the FB page and it's hilarious.

Because.

Well this at least gives me some time to pool some cash.

why would it drive a procrastinator crazy?
    not like they're going to buy them on the 3rd anyways...

hilarious, i'm sure.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Tickets don't go back on sale until January 3rd! This is going to drive a lot of procrastinators crazy. The news of the next sale date is starting to spread on the FB page and it's hilarious.
    2-3 weeks before Coachella goes on sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    why would it drive a procrastinator crazy?
    not like they're going to buy them on the 3rd anyways...

hilarious, i'm sure.
    Let me rephrase the word "procrastinator" to "people that didn't anticipate the first batch selling out the next day". But you're probably right, lazy person is lazy.

In other news, for those of us that did buy on time but waiting for that 5 day processing period, my card was charged about an hour ago and I received my email receipt.

Because.

So they are holding the tickets to just build up the hype or what?

And for me EDC 2011 was amazing. Maybe it was cause I'm 19 and don't feel like every set a dj throws down at a rave has to be groundbreaking for me to have fun, but I understand how some people who have raved for years longer than me would have this expectation and more refined taste. Lights, music, bass, rides, strawberry lemonade, las vegas, skydivers, 10 minutes of fireworks each night, fub focus, plastikman, boys noize 4:30-6:00 am with some of my favorite visuals ever experienced, friends, the beautiful sunrise, helicopters taking off, encountering old friends I met at Coachella 2010.

Can't wait to go back, and even more so cause Insomniac hooked it up with a ticket for $201.77. Thanks Pasquale, that was a nice touch to Escape.

FYI: For those who move from their current billing address, Flavorus can change the order from receiving the tickets by critical mail to will call.

I just had to do this.
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I would have been waiting for a cab for at least 2-3 hours if we had stayed for Bukem and we ended up only having to wait an hour.
    Christ. That is ridiculous. Hopefully they sort out a lot of shit logistically. The amount of people WALKING on Saturday morning was awful - I stayed about 2 miles from the venue and by the time I got to the room, showered, and chilled for a while it was about 10 am and there were still skanky ravers trying to find a way back to the strip by haggling with some limo driver. Insomniac either sorted out the shuttle mess or people just said FUCK THIS and drove themselves cause there were shuttles galore on Sunday morning.

This whole hotel package + tickets for the next tier has irked me a little bit. I hope if you bought a ticket early you can opt for a hotel deal with the next tier (incase they have a sweet hotel deal).

The prices are FUCKED in Vegas. 359 for a suite that I had last year at 140