Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Las Vegas 2012

Default Re: EDC Las Vegas 2012

So-Me actually played a few years ago at nocturnal(I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
    I don't think Justice will ever play EDC. Insomniac has never booked an Ed Banger artist
    Feadz played at Nocturnal 09

oops posted this in the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by bganch View Post
    He also brings 2 synths on stage with him, making it more "live". He's definitely stepped up his game...

And at select shows, the cube spins a 180 during the show and he plays live on an LED touchscreen.
    Ok, please don't let all that stuff fool you. It looks awesome and great in pictures, but don't assume just cause his rig is more decked out than before he actually uses any of that bullshit. I will agree with you that he has stepped up his game.

hoping sasha will be on the main stage this year. the v_rtek show hooked up to that system and those lights would be pretty magical
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Considering Deadmaus helped market Skrillex, and Skrillex's newest thing is the body suit for bells and whistles. An article about him before he performs in San Diego; it talks about how he has premade mixes and set tracks for his shows so he can focus on the body suit. He also mentions how seeing the pyramid at the Sports Arena show inspired him to pretty much drop his emo act. I'm sure he and Deadmaus both brainstormed ideas of how to hype up the crowd with visual bells and whistles more so than an awesome set *musically*.

Have to say, the maus' earlier work was legit, but his latest tunes aren't as classic as what he came out with and his Palladium stop wasn't THAT great, the mixing theory was just off. Listen to his essential mix and Deadmaus goes to Vegas, that was *IMO* his better days. Now he's focused on this big cube and a milli vanilli vocalist who occasionally steps out (whom he exposed at his own show)

Sure he could headline, but I'd be off somewhere else. Hopefully the Cosmic Meadow has enough acts to keep me glued there for next year. The grass is so nice!

On another note:
    Fucking prices are pretty outrageous for the bookings in advanced right now....
    $150-$199 fri/sat most hotels

you mean five years ago deadmau5 was good and he has been falling off since.
    You wanna fook on me?!

^pretty much.

(obligatory fan boy post)
    NOW DP on the other hand. O M G. "Homework" was probably one of my first EDM albums when I was a youth and all I listened to was NIN, Marilyn Manson and KROQ stuffs. They've only gotten better, I gotta say, the year they popped up on the Coachella poster I was so excited to get a chance to see them considering the Mayan Alive 98 stop was my last chance to see them, and I wasn't even in high school yet.

So. Get DP to play somewhere promoters who obviously read this board...

the wierd thing about that is, Ive never really met anyone outside of this site that jerks off to daft punk the way the coachella heads do. I didnt see them, never have.

Im super curious what the hype is about...I have always grouped them with fat boy slim and chemical brothers type mainstream.

I was listening to Shy fx, Hive and Mampi Swift though...so genre and mainstream difference. Coachella definitely opened me up to stuff more main stream. Even at massives Id just stay in the jungle area the whole time. Walking past the main stage quickly.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Ok, please don't let all that stuff fool you. It looks awesome and great in pictures, but don't assume just cause his rig is more decked out than before he actually uses any of that bullshit. I will agree with you that he has stepped up his game.
    lol i know, was just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    the wierd thing about that is, Ive never really met anyone outside of this site that jerks off to daft punk the way the coachella heads do. I didnt see them, never have.

Im super curious what the hype is about...I have always grouped them with fat boy slim and chemical brothers type mainstream.

I was listening to Shy fx, Hive and Mampi Swift though...so genre and mainstream difference. Coachella definitely opened me up to stuff more main stream. Even at massives Id just stay in the jungle area the whole time. Walking past the main stage quickly.
    I used to be the same way, then I saw Daft Punk in 2006 and my taste in music has never been the same. The greatest thing for me was the music, not even the visuals. And by "group them with fat boy slim and chemical brothers" are you suggesting you don't get the hype behind them either? If so, put the "mainstream" tag to the side and open your ears. Some groups are really popular for good reason and these acts are those ones. Not everyone is a crock of shit like David Guetta, Tiesto and all the Armin van blah blah blah's, there are people who get recognition on that level because they are that fuckin good.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 10-26-2011 at 08:32 AM.

+1 to jeremy.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I used to be the same way, then I saw Daft Punk in 2006 and my taste in music has never been the same. The greatest thing for me was the music, not even the visuals. And by "group them with fat boy slim and chemical brothers" are you suggesting you don't get the hype behind them either? If so, put the "mainstream" tag to the side and open your ears. Some groups are really popular for good reason and these acts are those ones. Not everyone is a crock of shit like David Guetta, Tiesto and all the Armin van blah blah blah's, there are people who get recognition on that level because they are that fuckin good.
    I agree. I definitely started with DnB/Jungle but have found tons of artists in different genres that I love. You have artists out there that break the mold and reach out to people who wouldnt normally like that type of music. I think you can find that with anything though from EDM to Country.
    Last edited by NachoCat; 10-26-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Not that anyone was doubting it would happen, but:
    Sent: Oct 30, 2011 10:31p

Yes! June 5-12 RT @PatrickDoss2: @PasqualeRotella will there b lots of club events in vegas during the week leading up 2 the 3 day edc? #fb
    http://twitter.com/PasqualeRotella/s...79548819644416

So at escape last night someone dropped the ball somewhere and they didn't end up selling tickets on site, rather they just took your ticket and hole punched it, while allowing you to enter an email and get a link today to go ahead and purchase the ticket. With fees and $6 shipping (wtf?) the 3 day pass came out to a grand total of just under $202. It's annoying when shipping is $5 more than what it should be but still a good deal and I am thankful that insomniac even gave escape goers that nice treat.

tix on sale tomorrow

yeah... i don't think i'm gonna buy tickets tomorrow... don't really want to.

I have a feeling the $215 price bracket may sell out quickly since thats what they are starting at .. I'm pretty sure the $185 bracket went pretty quick last year too. If you don't wanna pay around $265 after fees and shipping once the bracket moves up to $230 get it this week!

i wish i could. i certainly would if i could afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    yeah... i don't think i'm gonna buy tickets tomorrow... don't really want to.
    Don't want to go or don't want to buy tickets?

I'll be buying tickets tomorrow, can't wait to go back! I can understand why people would be skeptical about buying tickets. I have faith though and will be able to sell for a small profit if I decide not to go, face value will be higher at that point so it's not really scalping.

I kinda want to go, but I don't really have cash to drop on these tickets right now... My brother might want to go/buy them, so we'll see. I'd like to go back, but only for 2 days (like I did last year). I really don't need three days of this fest haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    I kinda want to go, but I don't really have cash to drop on these tickets right now... My brother might want to go/buy them, so we'll see. I'd like to go back, but only for 2 days (like I did last year). I really don't need three days of this fest haha.
    I totally agree. 3 days is way tooo much. They hardly had the talent to fill 2 days last year anyways. I gotta go home on Sunday regardless. If they book something unmissable on both Friday and Sunday..... *shakes fist*

pryda's EPIC closing sunday...that would get me to stay

3-day passes on sale at noon. Hopefully it won't be an online purchasing cluster fuck like Coachella/Ultra.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

I got my ticket. They just have you submit a form with all of the credit card information but they don't process the order for 5 days so there's no clusterfuck getting tickets on the site. If your payment doesn't go through you they'll email you and you have 48 hours to resubmit. Kind of a cool purchasing system.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Got mine!

Yeah, got two (sort of) according to how seitron described. Order placed, but not confirmed yet.

Because.

Got two for Bev and I and it was too easy. When it comes to ticket sales, GV could learn a thing or two from Insomniac.

Ultra could learn as well.

According to someone on the FB page, they are doing RFID wristbands this year instead of magcards, though I haven't found evidence yet...

Because.

It mentions it on EDC's faq page.